Little Red Wasp
808 Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Little Red Wasp
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.littleredwasp.com/
- Phone: 8178773111x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11 - 10
Friday: 11 - midnight
Saturday: brunch 10- midnight
Sunday: brunch 10 - 10
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Blaine Staniford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 8th Street
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Lunch parking: Valet Parking for a discounted rate of $3.50 in the 777Main Building on Commerce Street at 7th with a validated ticket from LRW. Meter parking available on surrounding streets.
Dinner parking: After 4:00pm, there is valet offered right out front for $5/car. Street parking available on surrounding streets. Meters are free after 6:00pm.
A word from Little Red Wasp
Little Red Wasp Kitchen + Bar in the heart of downtown Fort Worth offers straightforward food, lots of beer and a full bar. Our kitchen is open 7 days a week and serves brunch on Saturday and Sunday. We look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Little Red Wasp - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
Little Red Wasp reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (31)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (18)great for brunch (18)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (11)notable wine list (11)special occasion (10)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)romantic (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Disappointing mealBirdiegirlVIPDined on 4/11/2014Looking for something other then expensive steakhouse, so chose here. Had a reservation, but restaurant was pretty empty except for the bar and the hostess wanted to seat us right next to the bar area. We asked to go to a quieter area. Thought the menu was very limited and even though we both chose something recommended by waiter, we were disappointed in the food. Our waiter did a good job though. Still looking for something else.
- Rainy Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2014The entire experience was pretty good. Drinks and food were great. The valet was unhappy when I dropped off my car, maybe due to the rain. The server was a bit annoyed to be at work also. He was very slow to serve and I noticed him watching TV as he was bringing us water. The restaurant was not busy when we were there, but it seemed like forever to place an order or get a drink. By the end, he seemed less annoyed. I will go back, as the food is delicious and the drink list is interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, not so great food.LWadeDined on 3/29/2014Had a lovely waitress, and all the servers were very helpful. However the food was not good for what we paid. My friend and I both bought the shrimp, 22 dollars, and it only came with 4 shrimp and over done french fries.
- Pleasant ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2014Looking for a place that was new and different! Check this out! Food was great, atmosphere was good, and service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was recommendedShinerPleaseDined on 3/28/2014This place was recommended to me by the hotel bartender when I asked for a reasonably casual atmosphere with good food. The LRW delivered on all fronts. Great ambiance and even better service! The food came out quickly and was generally very good. I wish the wine list had had more to offer me by the glass, but the beer selection was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a friend dategillykhDined on 3/28/2014A friend and I went to try out the Little Red Wasp. Our service and food were exceptional, and it was a great place to just sit and talk and share a dessert, which was also fabulous. The $5 valet parking is perfect since it's on Main Street downtown and there isn't much of anywhere to park unless you want to walk. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes, definitelyNotcheckingbagsVIPDined on 3/22/2014would return. The service was outstanding and the food was delicious. They have a very good bourbon and whiskey selection as well. It was packed when we arrived but we were seated right away for our reservation (Saturday night). Booths are better for tall folks as the the seats are deep and low. The slaw was great and so was the Reuben. Everything was piping hot when it came out despite them being very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual dining spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014Great Ruben sandwich , come hungry, large portions! A bit loud but the food makes up for it.Special Features:
- Limited menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014Service from greeting by host through dinner was all wonderful. Food was very good, but limited menu and disappointing presentation. Each meal would have benefited with additional vegetables on the plate. Prices were high for what was offered.
- Great Service!!Luv2eatDined on 3/21/2014Great Service make sure to reserve a Spot!! Lot of convention overflow due to location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit TheremmarshDined on 3/18/2014So many things they got right, I will go back but... Reuben was good but not great, will order something else...cobb was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual gem in downtown Fort WorthSnowgirlVIPDined on 3/12/2014Our first visit to the Little Red Wasp. The ambiance is smart, casual, and comfortable, reflecting a well-planned concept and care for detail. The Reuben sandwich was served on light rye that stood up to the generous filling. The egg salad sandwich served on a soft bun with a side of the best chips ever---house made and hot out of the fryer. The cocktails were well conceived. Service was prompt and attentive, with the server splitting our sandwiches in the kitchen without being asked.. We tried the donut holes, also fresh and hot, and served with a small pitcher of thick chocolate dipping sauce. In all, we will return here to enjoy the excellent food and downtown vibe without breaking the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT FOR BEFORE THEATERYUMMYVIPDined on 3/11/2014Great place for early dinner before Bass Theater performance. Limited but creative menu with lots of light options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!!MJM65Dined on 3/4/2014Nice atmosphere and perfect for a night out of the house. Reuben had some of the best corned beef I have ever tasted and I am from New York!!!Special Features:
- Consistently good.SlimVIPDined on 2/28/2014This was my 6th trip to LRW, and they consistently meet or exceed expectations. Food quality excellent, craft beer selection outstanding, service attentive but unobtrusive. Lively ambiance but also relaxing. Open till midnight weekends. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Fun placeLyndaDined on 2/21/2014It was our first time here and it was terrific. Everyone enjoyed the food...our service was perfect! We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Little Red Waspdietz3Dined on 2/19/2014Lots of fun, great food. Great place for people watching and great place to be seen. Great service and food. We will go back soon. A bit pricey but very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnsatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014The burger was over cooked. The waiter forgot to put my appetizer order in, as well as changing waiters every 5 minutes this was annoying as well. The food was too overpriced for how low quality it was. I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody. I didn't leave a tip with my meal either.Special Features:
- Good but not G-R-E-A-T.MGandSEDined on 2/15/2014Felt to be missed opportunities to have good food be great food. Tomato basil soup was lacking in salt and basil. Was more like canned tomato soup. House salad was standard. Fried shrimp w fries was good. Fries are OUTSTANDING. Short rib was good, but not great. Donut holes OUTSTANDING minus the flavorless chocolate sauce. Each flavor profile was standard. Chef has opportunity to kick it up. Foodies will find it standard today. Great location and great potential to be stellar if the dishes are looked at with a critical eye. Would go back, but only by invite of friends or meeting others there. Probably not on our own.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice surprise! ReadmslayDined on 2/15/2014What a nice surprise! Read about this in the Star Telegram and decided to give it a chance. Short Rib was amazing. Our service was impeccable. Loved the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was hit and missnightrainlayneDined on 2/14/2014Wife and I had the namesake little red wasp SAUZA HORNITOS REPOSADO TEQUILA/RED PEPPER PURÉE MINT/LEMON JUICE and JALAPEÑO HONEY. Was very tasty and highly recommended. Next we tried the Key lime pie cocktail with CRUZAN KEY LIME RUM/TUACA LIME JUICE/PINEAPPLE JUICE/CREAM, again a wonderful tasty drink. For starters wife had the reuben sandwich, and I had the Hot dog with chili, relish, onions and mustard on a toasted bun. Both the sandwich and the hot dog were plentiful and tasty. For the entree I had the spaghetti w/meatballs. FYI the meatballs are LARGE (4 ounces each) the sauce was not that great, the big hang up was and I have never had this happen before the meatballs were hot on the outside but the inside was COLD!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Our chips and dip was hardly "dip"... it was basically a block of cheese. Spinach was like eating salt. Mashed potatoes had no salt and giant lumps. My squash was under cooked. We went on Valentine's day and spent $85. Not worth that at all.
- Fresh new spot downtownTuckerVonDined on 2/14/2014The place was great almost like an upscale burger joint but better food. I was somewhat disappointed in the size if the short rib when I got it but it quickly became enough food. It was amazing. Drink list is great and the namesake drink was a bit different but grows on you. Great beer list not the average list. Service was outstanding very personableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Date or MealxHankplankDined on 2/14/2014I took a friend of mine here for Valentine's Day a few days ago. I had never been before, but I will definitely be going back! This place had a wonderful, modern feel to it. The best part, though, was our waiter. Our water glasses were never at the halfway point, an due kept checking in on us, but not in an annoying way. To start our meal, we got their Dip #2, which was a special ranch and potato chips. Very delicious. Next, I got their cheeseburger, and it was also delicious, but pretty messy. Their wasp sauce is fantastic. My friend got their greek salad, which she told me was delicious, although I didn't try any. For desert, we ordered their ice cream sundae, which is as great as it sounds. Overall, this place had a fun and vibrant feel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent servicevisit1Dined on 2/8/2014It was a last minute anniversary dinner when I went online to rsvp . I put in the description that it was my anniversary and boy did they give me great service. Me and my wife arrived and from the start i was greeted by 3 different people telling me happy anniversary and they included 2 cups of wine for me and my wife. The food was great are server was great i dobt think i can ask fir much more. I will be going back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server seemed put off..MomoftoddlerDined on 2/8/2014He wasn't very attentive and when we questioned about certain items on the menu he listed them as they read on the menu with nothing more to add. I used to be a server at Reata and I know how guests should be taken care of. Not as if they are an inconvenience. Maybe it was just an off night for him. We have also been for brunch and had a fabulous waitress and the food was phenomenal which is what brought us back to try the dinner menu. We'll probably be back at some point though. ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed ItLea23Dined on 2/7/2014Menu was very small but had a cool vibe inside. I would recommend the Short Rib on the dinner for sure, it was delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Hot Dog EverjudyDined on 1/30/2014Only place I know where you order the hot dog, homemade chips with ranch, and accompany it with white wine, and the manager jokes with you about wine and hot dogs. Casual, fun, and good food.Special Features:
- Little Red WaspBillODined on 1/25/2014is worth the trip. Great food, good servers and excellent martinis. The potato crusted talapia was amazing.Special Features:
- Perfect NicheTexanVIPDined on 1/25/2014LRW fills a perfect niche between the upscale steak and cuisine restaurants of southern downtown Fort Worth. The beer menu is certainly notable and offers a proper paring with any meal or personal taste. Our waiter did an outstanding job of guiding my selection and making recommendations. Likewise, the wine list should satisfy most patrons by its selections. Our objective on this evening was a simple pre-game meal. LRW delivered. My cheeseburger was excellent and there is no reason to opt for the double. The side order of fries were ample fare for both of us. My wife's LRW salad was very good, but a little heavy on the dressing and an option for it on the side would have been preferable. LRW, welcome to Fort Worth - we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/25/2014It was pretty quiet in the restaurant. Service was very attentive and good team work. Food was good. Decor was great and the layout of the restaurant was really nice. All staff we encountered were genuine and friendly. Only negative, $19 for eggs and cornbeef hash is a bit too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick biteBamcgDined on 1/21/2014On the way to the rodeo, stopped for a quick meal. Great, quick service; excellent food; wine and beer selections outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Eating in Downtown Fort Wortjlb1Dined on 1/20/2014LRW had good food in a great location in downtown Fort Worth. Decent selection on the menu, but the items were a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Wasp created a BuzzAndyInTXDined on 1/18/2014We lived the Wasp. It's a smaller restaurant with a diverse menu. Everything we ordered was great. There service was friendly and just plain good. The signature drink, the little red Wasp is one I could have had all night. Some affordable wines and some more pricey. Something for everyone here. And the energy of the place was high...you felt like you were in "the spot." We'll go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasp is a pleaser againYon57VIPDined on 1/17/2014This was our second visit. I had the special; patty melt on rye bread & it was delicious The 2 beef patties soaked into the light rye bread was really good & of course, had to be eaten with a fork. It was not so big & rich that I couldn't finish it & the home made chips on the side were a good add-on. My only complaint about this restaurant is that it is really, really loud. Maybe it's because the tables are so close together or maybe it's just because of the wasp sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first timeGardenpersonDined on 1/17/2014We will return; the first dining experience was excellent. Food, service, wine selection all stellarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great! Service great!dinerDined on 1/11/2014Food great! Service great! Nice place to eat have a few drinks and talk,,I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitFoodieDined on 1/4/2014Food was delicious, service was attentive but not hovering. We were seated right away for our 7:30 reservation. I tried the house cocktail and really tried to like it. The waiter had it removed from our bill. Really appreciated it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!FortWorthCharlieDined on 12/31/2013This place has character and great food! Would so much rather eat at a place like this then one of the faceless chains. The Reuben is a must, although the short rib wasnt too shaby either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland food, my girlfriend'sevickDined on 12/31/2013Bland food, my girlfriend's fish was horrible like it was from the frozen food section of the grocery storeSpecial Features: