La Torretta Ristorante
16640 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Torretta Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.latorrettaaz.com/
- Phone: 4809912000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Julio Sandoval
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a section of the Dining room and/or the Patio for private parties. For groups larger than 20 we require a prefixe menu.
- Private Party Contact: Kersee or Darius 4809912000
A word from La Torretta Ristorante
"Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often" Voted Best Italian Restaurant - Scottsdale Magazine. La Torretta's combination of traditional and authentic Italian food, personalized service and congenial atmosphere translates to the highest quality dining experience. The restaurant is elegantly decorated with Renaissance-era stained glass and oil paintings. Guests are indulged in this congenial atmosphere inside or can dine on the Patio with the backdrop of the McDowell Mountains.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Torretta Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)special occasion (21)notable wine list (17)fit for foodies (15)romantic (15)good for groups (7)great for lunch (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- For Italian food loversVikkiDined on 9/14/2013The owner greets you and directs you to a quaint booth lite by soft candlelight. Professional wait staff are knowledgeable and at your beckon call. The food, YES, the food! Fresh, creative dishes served in perfect proportions will delight your taste buds. I would drive anywhere in the valley, as long as my final destination was La Torretta Ristorante!Special Features:
- "We'll Be Back"Foodjunkie81Dined on 9/14/2013Top notch service by our waiter Chaz. Excellent food preparation. We were Not rushed. Feeling of luxury throughout the meal. I (made the reservation and) was called by name throughout the evening. A very personal touch. My guests were pleasantly impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for authentic ItalianJwalterDined on 9/13/2013My husband and i went to La Torreta for a date night. The food was delicious, service was great, we had Chazz but everyone was awesome. Great Tiramisu!Special Features:
- Great Italian RestaurantKJCMFCDined on 9/7/2013We love this neighborhood gem of an Italian restaurant and we frequent it often. Darius is the best!Special Features:
- Never Disappoints UsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2013We had another wonderful dinner from appetizers to deserts! Chaz is an amazing server, his knowledge of everything from wine to just how each meal is prepared is awesome. It definitely makes it easier to choose what you want. We brought some friends there for the first time, and they enjoyed it just as much. They even called us the next day to thank us again!! :) We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Seconds Please"Foodjunkie81Dined on 9/5/2013My Wife and I finally found a GOOD Italian Restaurant. Each table has its own flickering candle and crisp spotless alabaster tablecloth with place settings swathed in black linen napkins. My wife ordered the Shrimp Fra Diav'lo and was impressed that even though she has had it before this was the most flavorful--ever. My Seafood special was similar to a great Bouilla-baisse or Cioppino. Our waiter, "Chaz", was extremely attentive to our every need and often anticipated our next request. The prices were quite reasonable and the portions we're sumptuous. As we left we vowed to return and to bring some friends. I I strongly recommend "La Torretta" to the discerning palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Classic ItalianDavidDined on 8/31/2013Went here on a Saturday night, no problems getting a res but it's summer in AZ, not too many snowbirds. Overall the food was good, not world class but if you're in the mood for many traditional dishes, definitely try it. Definitely try the sautéed squid appetizer--ask for it as it's not on the menu. My wife had a Caesar salad but she had to ask for anchovies since it wasn't served with them. I had a veal parm which was tasty but not outstanding--breading just a bit too thick. But the pasta was cooked to my specs, something hard to find in Scottsdale. My wife ordered the special ravioli; it was homemade and really excellent. Our waiter was friendly and knew the menu well. We'll definitely come back.Special Features:
- disappointedazbuddyboy13Dined on 8/31/2013My meal Gnocchi and canneloni was horrible. I ate only a few bites of the canneloni which had some horrible meat sauce on top. My wife's Crab Ravioli was ok but very bland. The food and wines were expensive so we had hoped for a great meal. BTW the restaurant was empty at 7pm on a Saturday night in Scottsdale. 1st clue.
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2013As always, the food was delicious & the service excellent. We always eat here when in Scottsdale!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food and serviceRuninwithscisrsDined on 8/24/2013I took my wife here for her birthday. Was the best decision I could have made. They treated us like we owned the place and the food was absolutely amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love La Torretta!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2013Food and service are always impeccable. Darius, Chaz and Maria cater to their customers' wishes, and the owner is always around to make sure your experience is memorable. We will be back soon and often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant, food was very good.kissDined on 8/23/2013The Owner was a very nice gentleman... But are waiter was and older man and not very friendly he tipped over are basket of rolls on the floor and never brought us another one even though I asked.....Another waiter helped us ....Also are waiter never asked if are food was okay...He brought us are appetizer and the check not the drink nor the food ......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch4QgirlsDined on 8/19/2013We had a very nice lunch. The sandwiches and salads were big enough to share. I thought the birthday dessert was a little stingy but other food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceYuppppppppDined on 8/16/2013My date and I came here on a Friday night which we made reservations for but when we arrive the place was empty! Our waiter was very helpful in us deciding what to eat and the restaurant was very quiet. The food was one of the best I've had in quite some time. Will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2013Fabulous restaurant. Excellent food and great service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Darius and Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2013My family and I were in the Scottsdale area for a few nights and needed Italian cooking after experiencing the whole smoked and BBQ'd southwestern cooking for a week. We found this place on OpenTable. The reviews were good and the pricing was better than most in the area, so we took a chance. We had a great time! The owner's son Darius was our waiter. It was pretty much a stand up comedy routine, which we found very entertaining, without sacrificing class, style and service. Our meals were great and the service was outstanding. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for reasonably priced, but exceptionally tasty Italian fare.I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Torretta RistoranteOldnick4funDined on 8/7/2013We often choose La Torretta for special occasions. The food is superb. The ambiance is very pleasant with little noise. The background music is always appropriate. The veal marsala that I had this time was excellent, among the top two or three versions that I have eaten at restaurants across the United States. The pasta dishes are always excellent. Start to finish, we had an excellent experience at La Torretta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian ResturantBobKDined on 8/6/2013Excellent meal selection in a quiet setting. Superb friendly service. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2013We arrived for an early dinner (4;30), and had the restaurant to ourselves for the entire meal. The service was great and the food was outstanding. And our head waiter was very personable and visited with us after the meal.Special Features:
- Great Time, Great Food, Great PlaceDaveCDined on 7/24/2013We had out-of-town guest in for a special anniversary dinner. We were able to make reservations very easily online. We were greeted warmly and felt welcomed. We had some special instructions due to the special event and they accommodated them to the "T". The server was the best we had experienced in a long time in the many restaurants we frequent. He was knowledgeable, funny, personable and very accommodating to special orders and requests. The meal, Oh MY! Everyone was pleased with their dinner. I, personally had their butter fish with stuffed ravioli. Every bite was an amazing adventure. Prepared perfectly and presented well. I highly recommend La Torretta for lunch or dinner. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- This is must for great ItalianNorskeDined on 7/20/2013The restaurant staff was fantastic, promptly seated. The wait staff was polite, and very knowledgable and helpful with both the menu items and the great specials of the day. We will definately return even though it is a 30 mile drive one way through the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Torretta Is the Best!!Mare2014Dined on 7/20/2013The food was as always excellent. My Brothers had the osso bucco which was succulent and delicious. I had the sunfish with crab ravioli yummo. An excellent bottle of vino accompanied the meal. We have an excellent server who is actually one of the owners always treats us as family. His father came over as he always does to make time to see how we are doing. He also was gracious enough to send us over some sambuca at the end of our meal as we have been long long time customers. We think La Torretta is the BEST Italian restaurant in Scottsdale.Special Features:
- Good food & great serviceFoodieVIPDined on 6/30/2013We arrived rather late on a Sunday night & we seated immediately. This was our first time there, we would go back again. The food was great, well prepared & well presented. We would recommend this place as excellent Italian.Special Features:
- Great food and Great Service!WestValleyFoodieDined on 6/21/2013We used a Living Social coupon here...the restaurant is upscale, so the dishes are higher priced. You get what you pay for, however. Amazing fresh seafood dishes, and if you have a big appetite, I can recommend the Stuffed Chicken. The ravioli is awesome as well... Chaz, our waiter was fun and very informative. Great service, and attention to our needs. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- semi-regularsShariDined on 6/18/2013We've been to La Torretta several times and I don't even remember how we found it the first time! It's always good and the interior is just kitschy enough to NOT be stuffy. Would love to perch at the bar one night and just watch the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinneravidskierDined on 6/13/2013The food was hit and miss. The calamari was slightly rubbery. The muslces mealy. They did make a special pasta dish for me which I really appreciated.
- Great findBobKDined on 6/10/2013The staff was courteous and prompt. The food was nicely prepared and presented. There is ample food with plenty for take home if desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, a wonderful diningLindaDined on 6/6/2013Overall, a wonderful dining experience. Not our first time there and definitely not our last. Food, wine, server were all great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all AroundDavidBDined on 6/5/2013This was a Birthday Dinner & It was Superb! The Service was very attentive, the Food was Truly Italian and the Decor was simple but very unique. I would go there again in a Heartbeat!Special Features:
- "Best Italian Restaurant!"jhintzDined on 6/5/2013My husband and I loved this Scottsdale restaurant! The food is home made, fresh, authentic Italian - and the service was fabulous! The meal and service was so great we returned the following evening (vacation was ending and we just had to experience more food choices). For appetizers we shared Zorba's Calamari and Meatballs w/Marinara sauce. The Calamari was very good but the Meatballs were so good and I highly recommend. We shared the mozzarella Capresse for a salad and it was very good too. The Ravioli con Formaggio, Spaghetti Bolognese, Cannelloni Fiorentino & Gnocchi - fabulous!!! Don't forget to save room for a Canoli!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for personal or businessScottsdaleDinerDined on 6/5/2013I have had family meals there and also love to take out of town business associatesto dinner at La Toretta. They have a great menu, excellent food, and treat their customers really well! If you want something that is not on the menu, just let them know. Odds are they will whip it up for you! My most recent trip to La Toretta involved out of towner/NY bankers. They loved the local ambience, the service and the food!Special Features:
- Formal diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2013Great formal dining with super friendly service and exquisite food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwefulOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/29/2013It took over an hour for our order to get to the table. Communication between the waiter and us was not existenent. We were told many times that our food would be up shortly, but blocks of time would pass before hearing again. We were told that one of our entree's takes 30-45 minutes to prepare, but that was not communicated to us on the on set. Then we were told that the cook was overwhelmed and had been working 16 hour days At the end, the waiter did try to calm us and saved this trip from being a total disaster to just a garden variety bad restaurant experinece. The food was not bad, but not what I consider to be of the upper ecehlon in Italian dining. There is a Maggiano's right across the street, I would suggest going there.
- A fine dining experience forAndyDined on 5/18/2013A fine dining experience for sure. Service was top notch, food was well above average. Had the Alaskan Halibut special along with a lobster ravioli to accompany it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no title9111Dined on 5/12/2013We enjoyed dining there very much and the food was great.Special Features:
- Just delicious!ladybeth9Dined on 5/12/2013We went for an early Mothers Day dinner. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easily the finest osso bucolicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Easily the finest osso bucolic I have had anywhere. Though the waiter attempted to spoil the experience with his poor service as he focused entirely on another party of two, the food was so fine the waiter failed to ruin our experience. We will go back again soon, and will gladly accept any other waiter or waitress. Thanks for a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- We would rate it a half stepOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013We would rate it a half step above most Italian Chain Restaurants. We purchased it on Living Social. We will not return, food was just ok, wine list expensive, service slow. For the two of us we had a $100.00 tab. Too many other fine dining spots in Scottsdale to enjoy!
- The food was outstanding withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013The food was outstanding with generous portions. Attentive staff.
- We were very happy to findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013We were very happy to find La Torretta. This is in an unassuming location, well priced, and the food is excellent. Our service was also excellent. We will be back!Special Features: