La Torretta Ristorante
16640 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Torretta Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.latorrettaaz.com/
- Phone: 4809912000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Julio Sandoval
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a section of the Dining room and/or the Patio for private parties. For groups larger than 20 we require a prefixe menu.
- Private Party Contact: Kersee or Darius 4809912000
A word from La Torretta Ristorante
"Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often" Voted Best Italian Restaurant - Scottsdale Magazine. La Torretta's combination of traditional and authentic Italian food, personalized service and congenial atmosphere translates to the highest quality dining experience. The restaurant is elegantly decorated with Renaissance-era stained glass and oil paintings. Guests are indulged in this congenial atmosphere inside or can dine on the Patio with the backdrop of the McDowell Mountains.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Torretta Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (17)romantic (15)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (8)great for lunch (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2014It is a high end restaurant...with upscale prices. Too high for the value. Also, the wine list is rather exclusive with few lower priced selections.Special Features:
- Have been there many timesRobbDined on 3/6/2014Have been there many times and the food has been good. Service(Derius) was fun but slow.this was a very big occasion as I brought my family for a birthday event. I ordered the sea bass, my personal favorite. Had to send it back as it was inedible. Would probably be back but would have to have a good incentive to do so.
- Large portionsFullVIPDined on 3/5/2014The food was wonderful. Had enough left over to have another meal the next day. Very large portions. The fish was superb. The waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- AVERAGEFazioDined on 2/26/2014Average Italian food. Loud locals sitting at the bar. Service slow. Who piles vegetables on top of the ravilois and sauce... This was done back in the 80's!!!
- Great Italian Food and Huge PortionRazzinAzDined on 2/19/2014We had a lovely dinner midweek, with excellent and attentive service. Very fresh, large portions, and savory sauces. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ambiance and delicious foodAvaAZDined on 2/14/2014Four of us had a wonderful meal and great service by our waiter Chaz. Prices were reasonable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Valentines Daycoach8948Dined on 2/13/2014Love the ambiance, cozy with white table cloths. Food was extraordinary and the staff was extremely friendly. We had been once before, just trying out restaurants and loved the food so much we came back for our valentine day celebration. We definitely will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although we don't eat outJaneyVIPDined on 2/12/2014Although we don't eat out much, we have been here several times and EVERY time, the food has been excellent! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awefulMARZYDined on 2/9/2014I will never print out a coupon when I have never been to that. Obviously that restaurant is in trouble.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2014This is a true Italian dinning experience. We just returned from Italy, where the food is truly fantastic in every sense and La Torretta was just like being back there. We will most certainly return and would recommend to anyone who wants a true Italian dinner. Excellent!Special Features:
- Feel Like Part of the FamiliaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/1/2014Great place. Family run and it feels like you're coming home for dinner. The wait staff is so accomodating and lets you customize the menu in so many ways. The gnocchi is outstanding! :) The son will make you feel so welcome each time and will make you smile throughout your meal - excellent place :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- very over priccedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2014for the quality and portion sizwe this restaurant is extremely overpriced
- MARIA'S SERVICE IS THE BEST!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/31/2014GREAT VEAL, HUGE PORTIONS. MARIAS SERVICE IS WARM AND FRIENDLY. EVEN BROUGHT US A COMPED DESSERT. I HAD 2 APPETIZERS, AND HAD ENOUGH FOR ANOTHER MEAL.Special Features:
- The Best Italian in PhoenixHoneyBflyVIPDined on 1/29/2014Such great flood and service. Husband had a steak with Gorgonzola I had the shrimp dish. Portions are so large we had to take them home. Our waiter Duryas is the icing on the cake with such wonderful service. We will be back again soon!Special Features:
- Average and expensive for what youFoodieVIPDined on 1/29/2014Went in because we got a coupon. Will not go back even with a coupon. Weird and very strange waiter. Ordered ravioli which came smothered in hamburger meat red sauce with veggies sitting on top? It wasn't bad we've just had so much better. The fresh bread however was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceterriDined on 1/25/2014The food is wonderful and the service is always great. Chaz goes out of his way to make sure our dining experience is a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as AlwaysKJCMFCDined on 1/19/2014This is our favorite neighborhood Italian Restaurant. We love the menu, the personality of the servers the food and desserts .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/17/2014The service was great and the food was very good, but a little pricey for what you got.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mama Mia!HoneyBflyVIPDined on 1/8/2014Wonderful mouthwatering dishes and superb service make this a place to come to on a regular basis. The freshest most flavorful Italian food in Phoenix!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love to go to La TorettaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2014We love to go to La Toretta for good homemade pasta or fish. It is not usually overly crowded and the ambiance is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have dined there a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Have dined there a few times and the dining experience is consistently good. The staff is friendly and engaging . If you are looking for palace to have a special meal I would recommend la torretta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked ItJCMosherDined on 12/27/2013We had a nice romantic birthday dinner. Friendly and fairly prompt service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back!chubbyDined on 12/20/2013Dinner was very good, presentation excellent, service spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous service, deliciousShellyVIPDined on 12/18/2013Fabulous service, delicious food and my new favorite ......Special Features:
- Just an OK experienceRonTorontoDined on 12/15/2013We were a group of 4. 2 people had the Sea Bass . This is an Italian restaurant, definitely not a seafood spot. The fish was mush, you couldn't easily tell the large slices white shallots buried in the white sauce, from the fish. Vegetables were steamed and appeared to be held too long . This is our second dining trip here. We won't do it again.
- Fabulous Food and ServiceMare2014Dined on 12/14/2013Had a great time with my family the food as always was marvelous. Were treated like family every time we come. The owner comes by our table and makes sure we enjoy our meal. Our server his son is always very funny and treats us well as well as any other server there. It is our favorite Italian restaurant in Arizona.Special Features:
- Came back soonSerenityDined on 12/8/2013The bread and oil was so very good we indulged in an unusual second helping. The waitress warned the entrees might be hard to finish then, but we were set on it. She was right. Yet, the creativity of the entree dishes was outstanding. Unfortunately, the tortellini was not al dente. That may be that their normal clientele are not west-coast diners for whom that is de rigeur. The creme brulee was possibly the best I have ever tasted - and I make it my business to taste it as often as available. It was light and creamy with a crisp carmelized top. We returned a second time to have another helping of that divine taste.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreVallyDined on 12/6/2013My husband and I went here for our 10 Anniversary Dinner. I had made reservations for 6:30 pm on a Friday evening. Ordered a glass of wine and a Rusty Nail (made with Drambuie and Scotch. Nice size drinks, but the Scotch tasted "out of sorts" for my husband. We ordered a mix green salad with fresh berries and walnuts - very good. Then we waited and waited for the main course. It seemed like forever! Another couple that had arrived after us, were already leaving and we had been served as yet. The Ravioli was tasteless and the Lasagna was made with sausage( we think) odd flavor. We ate half the meal and took home the left overs. The next day I added a can of tomato sauce and it tasted better.Special Features:
- Just were not happy with ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2013Just were not happy with our two pasta dishes. Cioppino was not flavorful at all and had a insignificant amount of seafood for the price $37. 4 clams, 4 mussels, piece of white fish and plenty of calamari. I had linguine with clam sauce. Loaded with canned clams, parsley and 4 clams! We both ate half and did not choose to take the rest home. Then the expresso was undrinkable. Sent that back and they did not charge us.
- Great dining in Kierland/ScottsdaleBobFDined on 11/13/2013We were staying at the Kierland Villas and looking for a nice place to celebrate our 30th anniversary and the dining at Scottsdale Square area was a bit pricey so we found La Toretta using opentable.com. The food was terrific (recommend the Crab Ravioli and Eggplant), the restaurant was quiet and the server was friendly and very knowledgeable on the menu. We could not have had a better dining experience.Special Features:
- DARIUS WAS GREAT, ENTERTAININGPAULDined on 11/12/2013DARIUS WAS GREAT, ENTERTAINING AND PERSONABLE!! PAUL AND BETH, BUCE AND SUSAN FROM MAINE AND NEBRASKASpecial Features:
- Wonderful Neighborhood SecretDelMarJunkieDined on 11/12/2013Tucked in a little strip mall on a busy street, I had driven by this place for years without sampling its food. Oh, how I wish I had stopped earlier! The food portions are large (enough to split or take home for another meal), tastefully prepared, and very flavorful. The waiter, Darius was witty and accommodated all of our needs. This Italian food restaurant is a neighborhood gem and one we will be frequenting far more in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealLuv2dineDined on 11/10/2013I had the appetizer caprese with bruschetta. It was very tasty. Then for the entre I had cannelloni with chicken. Thought I was back in Italy. The dinner was exceptional . I would definitely recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Wish the food matched the serviceButterflyLadyDined on 11/5/2013The service was excellent, very attentive, very friendly and very helpful. The food was mediocre at best. I had the veal marsala and was truly disappointed. The meat was very tender, the way it's supposed to be but there was absolutely no seasoning whatsoever. I very rarely salt my food but had to lay it on thick so that I could eat the tasteless dish. My husband had a special, a seafood ravioli. He stated that it was OK. I believe the food was very pricey for what you got. Not worth the money. For those prices, I could get a much better meal at any restaurant at the Marriott or any other Scottsdale hotspot.Special Features:
- The evening started a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013The evening started a little shaky. We had a reservation at 7 and planned to meet our friends at the bar at 630 to have a drink before. They asked us to sit down at the table once we arrived so our table wasn't given away. For the first 15 minutes was a little slow. After that it was great with arctic and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodmoopDined on 10/17/2013This was my second time at La Torretta. I brought my friends from Chicago with me and they were very impressed with their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is always fabulous !KarenDined on 10/13/2013No matter what is ordered, it is delicious and presentation is wonderful ! The staff is so very friendly.friendly,Special Features:
- Good ChoiceHillGirl57Dined on 9/30/2013I took my mom there for her 83rd birthday and it was perfect. The food was hot and delicious. It took a while so you know it was made fresh. We went on a Monday evening so it was quiet and we received special attention by our servers. Very friendly atmosphere. Planning on going back soon.Special Features:
- Celebrating a BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2013Chaz is always an excellent waiter. He is very knowledgeable on the preparations of the entrees and specials for the evening. The food was excellent as usual. Chaz was very gracious and sang Happy Birthday to the Birthday Lady!!! This made her evening very special for her and for the rest of our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the authentic la torrettaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2013A slice of true italy.....no frills. ..great staff and service...felt like part of their family as soon as we hit the door....great bread...eggplant. ..linguini w clams....best key lime pie in the city...made in house w Graham cracker crust...another example of great non-chain food in Scottsdale. ...and being in business 11 years they have proven it....!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.