Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan
1501 Gaylord Trail
Grapevine, TX 76051-1945Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/dalgt-gaylord-texan-resort-and-convention-center/
- Phone: 8177782215
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Journey down the winding staircase to experience the old-world charm of Old Hickory Steakhouse located inside Gaylord Texan Resort. Tantalize your taste buds with savory dishes featuring a rich depth of flavor in every delectable bite. Gorgeous private dining rooms host intimate group dinners. The upstairs Wine Bar’s unique Enomatic Wine Tasting System allows guests to sample
A word from Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan
Dine in the warm, rich atmosphere of a Texas wine cellar while savoring the finest cuts of beef and seafood paired with an artisanal cheese display and an extensive wine list. The upstairs Wine Bar hosts the unique Enomatic Wine Tasting System, allowing guests to sample a variety of rare wines from around the world in one, three, and five ounce pours.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan - Best Restaurants in Grapevine ›
Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)romantic (55)notable wine list (39)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (20)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Steaks were cold and chewy at that price they should have been excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Food and ServiceCgaines76401Dined on 5/20/2014As always Old Hickory never disappoints. The service and food are delightful and delicious. We began the dinner with lobster bisque soup and shrimp cocktail. We moved on to dinner with selections of crab cakes, lobster, filet of beef and the cowboy rib eye. Our sides were poblano corn, whipped potatoes and sautéed mushrooms. We ended this fine meal with creme brûlée, chocolate torte and a selection of cheeses. Every steak was cooked to perfection and every part of the meal was perfectly executed. The wine selection is extensive as is the cheese. Wonderful steakhouse!!! You should try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem for a wine and food buffmoongoddessVIPDined on 5/20/2014This is the second time I have been to Old Hickory when in the Gaylord Texan. I made a point of coming back to this restaurant and asking for the waiter from 5 years prior, Joseph, as he and the food were exceptional. Wonderful service with knowledge and a bit of fun. This time I had the cheese plate as an appetizer. The selections were exceptional! I had the surf and turf with the steak being cooked perfectly and the lobster some of the sweetest I have ever had. We ended with the chocolate souffle. As it was the time I had been prior, it was a memorable evening of exquisite dining and service.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerdeborahDined on 5/17/2014Our waiter wrote Happy Anniversary on our dessert plate. It was a very nice gesture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak dinner ever!SeefoodDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I like to stay at the Gaylord for our anniversary. This meal was one of the best I have ever had in all of North Texas. I have followed Anthony, sommelier, for over 15 years and he has always shined and that night he had a low production cab, with a single 2007 bottle that he was obviously saving for special guests. Amazing wine! Our waiter David, recommended a special martini that my wife loved. Next the cheese cart, we selected the 3 cheese package and they were perfect. Split a caprese salad, which was a delight to the eyes as well as the mouth! Prime rib eyes cooked perfectly, crisp asparagus and habanero mac had great a zing to it! No desert as we were done! Every element of the dinner that was amazing!Special Features:
- Excellent service and foodBarbaroVIPDined on 5/16/2014Excellent food for a marriott property - wine list was very pricey - service was excellent and seafood was excellent - will return here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldHickoryReviewOldHickoryReviewDined on 5/16/2014My wife and I had our first dinner at the Old Hickory last Friday night. We did enjoy the experience and are planning to return with friends in the next few weeks. Our waitperson, Jamie, was one of the best I have encountered. He was very professional, attentive to detail, and genuinely concerned with providing us with a great dining experience. The food was prepared very well with the exception of my steak that was too well done. The soufflé was terrific. I suggest that the selections for wine by the glass should be expanded. It would seem that you could make better use of the inventory in the wine bar on the floor above your restaurant. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak and seafoodsjhavInVIPDined on 5/11/2014Excellent food and excellent service. I don't think anyone could be disappointed with this place. I have eaten here twice and see myself going back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous 5 starWorldTravelerDined on 5/10/2014Everytime we go to this fabulous restaurant we always have the same fantastic service ...Their unbelieveable Great Steaks are very tasty and since they are such ample servings we always split the Prime Cowboy Ribeye and they are gracious to serve it up on two separate plates at your request. Only thing I wished for is if they would have served baked potatoe or a sweet potatoe for a healthier choice. Mashed potatoes are more for "small fries" but the Habinero Corn was Great (ITS SPICY SO WATCH OUT) That is a very very minor thing...just my opinion to make it absolutely flawless!Special Features:
- not to be missed.MitchellsDined on 4/30/2014it is worth going to Texas to eat here- the steaks were the best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2014This was our 2nd time to eat here and it was amazing. The service is so attentive. We look forward to our next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Bob'sluvdit1Dined on 4/23/2014Great venue for a high powered dinner with my CEO, VP, and I to host an important customer. Everything went better than planned!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eatdougDined on 4/21/2014I would recommend this restaurant to everyone who stays here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Me and my husband celebrated our 22nd anniversary at Old Hicory Steakhouse. We had a fabulous time. Service was excellent... our waiter was very attentive and the food was superb. The restaurant is a real gem with a breathtaking patio. The restaurant is a bit pricey but worth every dollarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding BlissToppedOffDined on 4/14/2014Booked Reservations here for our wedding night dinner, From staff to food and everything in between was exceptional!! Could not of asked for more!!!Special Features:
- Amazing mealWb172000Dined on 4/12/2014I highly recommend this restaurant as I had one of if not the best meal of my life. Started with the caprese salad which was very good with the heirloom tomatoes and rich mozzarella. The porterhouse with the bacon blue cheese crusting was easily the best steak I've ever had. The table sides ordered were the habanero cream corn which was exceptional and the asparagus that was cooked perfectly. For desert the grand marnier soufflé was phenomenal without being too filling since I was already quite full from the rest of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Very busy, but service was prompt and courteous. Food was very well prepared. Would definitely recommend. Texas' reputation for great steaks is safe at Old Hickory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overal experienceB2D2Dined on 4/4/2014We had a large group and they gave us the wine room, which provided the perfect atmosphere for our group. The food was excellent and our server, Barbara, took care of us in a very professional and friendly manner. We enjoyed the evening from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just Ok on the low end ofcejkaVIPDined on 4/3/2014just Ok on the low end of flemings ruths chris etc
- MehHilNYCVIPDined on 3/27/2014For the price, not impressed. My soup was like a salt lick.
- Noise level was none of therickybobbyDined on 3/21/2014Noise level was none of the choices provided, it was LOUDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was excellent...grBdayromanceDined on 3/15/2014Food and service was excellent...great atmosphere! We celebrated husband's birthday...dinner for 2! I had the salmon and my husband had the sea bass....excellent choices....! Carrot cheesecake for dessert....thanks for the Happy Birthday in chocolate....great touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with HusbandAvidDinerDined on 3/12/2014Beautiful setting and warm ambience. Sashimi appetizer-the quality was good but the portion was very small even for an appetizer. The pear and endive salad was amazing. The citrus vinaigrette was a great compliment to the other ingredients. The endive was not bitter and instead was crisp and understated as it should be. We had pork shop and cowboy ribeye at our table. Both were sizeable in portion, but great disappointments in taste. My steak was cooked exactly as I ordered and the quality of the meat was good, but there was no personality to it. The pork chop was the same. We have no problems paying an expensive price for a great dining experience. This place is expensive and we had a very forgettable experience here.Special Features:
- So worth itDinner42Dined on 3/9/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday and a friend recommended Old Hickory Steakhouse; what a friend she is!! It was totally worth the time and money! The waitstaff was outstanding, never a empty glass or dishes on the table. They made recommendation that were spot on! Excellent job!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place. I enjoyTuggerDined on 3/8/2014I love this place. I enjoy the presentation of the cheese guy and the wine guy. The presentation is such a part of a great fine dining experience, and the people who work here are extremely knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingcappyVIPDined on 2/27/2014Steak that we ordered was not tender and not particularly flavorful. Prices were high, wine selection by the glass was fair. Would not go back.
- Old Hickory SteakhousedatenightdinnerDined on 2/15/2014Ordered the prime cowboy ribeye. The meat was cooked properly but was very tough. It was definitely not a prime cut. The sides were very good and the service and ambiance were also good. It was very disappointing to pay such a high price for a cut of meat that was hard to eat.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014We were disappointed from the get go. As a couple the main seating is in a row of tables with one person on the bench and the other on a chair across. This means you have little privacy. There are conversations going on to your right and left and your table is tiny. Secondly, the food was just ok. We really enjoyed the cheese selection and our salads. The steaks and desserts were just ok. Our waiter was incredibly slow which was fine after we got our bottle of wine. The wine bar looks far more inviting. If we go again, it would be there. Disappointing night celebrating our anniversary.
- Pricey but worth it!PeteDined on 2/15/2014I took my wife there for a special occasion and really enjoyed it. A meal for two with a bottle of wine cost us about $250. The food was prepared perfectly and everything tasted great. I plan on returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experiencedivinevalDined on 2/14/2014The event was a surprise valentine dinner for my wife. We completely loved the place! The ambience was appropriate for the occasion. The lobster bisque and souffle dessert was simply divine! The 22oz ribeye steak was perfectly done and more than adequate for both of us. It was a very memorable experience and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Valentine's EveningRandyDined on 2/14/2014For Valentine’s Day dinner, my wife & I selected Old Hickory for its overall experience. We have enjoyed this restaurant on several special occasions & always very pleased each time there. I chose the salmon & my wife the filet mignon along with habanero corn, asparagus, & whipped potatoes. The wait staff, Kristen, was prompt, polite & always there when you wanted something. The only shortcoming is we were seated by the kitchen entry & was a bit lout, but did not interfere with our evening. The restaurant was very busy & they got us seated at reservation time & allowed us to take our time & not rush us out. Recommendation – First class place to take that special person in your life to celebrate a wonderful event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceGVDinerDined on 2/13/2014We all had steak; The Girls got the Fillet and the Guys got the Tenderloin. Topping and sauce options are a nice touch. Family Style vegetables and good selection of salads with Lobster Bisque as a soup option. Very good dining experience, nice ambiance.Special Features:
- OHInnOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/10/2014This place is always great. Not as well known by local possibly because it is attached to Gaylord Texan. They do validate parking and the food is absolutely wonderful. Great wine list, romantic, can even get cigars. Our favorite place in town still.Special Features:
- Great meal and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2014Our dinning experience was great.The food was excellent and our server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extremely disappointing ribeyePinzimonioVIPDined on 2/6/2014extremely disappointing ribeye steak for such a high reputation place. Also disappointing corn side.
- The BEST steak I've had inDrRetailVIPDined on 1/28/2014The BEST steak I've had in Texas and I live here! Bin was our server and was over the top EXCELLENT. One of the best dinners/nights my wife and I have had in a long time..Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on our anniversary. GreatbillDined on 1/24/2014Went on our anniversary. Great time, great food, great service.Special Features:
- Outstanding steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/23/2014We are always a little skeptical about restaurants in convention hotels, however Old Hickory was outstanding! The steak was excellent as were the mushrooms and other sides. The service is a bit slow and then we felt a little rushed, however the steak made up for it. I am not a big red meat eater so when I do, I really want it to count! This was excellent. We tried the Ribeye, the Filet and the bone in Strip, all excellent! The carrot cheesecake was dissapointing and the salads were underwhelming, but the steak was great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the price for a great diningFoodieTAVIPDined on 1/17/2014Friendly staff and great food! Nicest restaurant in the Gaylord Texan, pricey but worth the splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.