Lucia's Restaurant and Wine Bar
1432 W 31st St
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lucia's Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lucias.com/
- Phone: 6128251572x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Ryan Lund
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer everything from boxed lunches and to-go items to cocktail parties and elegantly coursed meals. We can accommodate most requests and dietary needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Lucia's offers several spaces for private booking. The Bakery is an intimate and magical setting and is capable of seating up to 35, The Wine Bar has a Swanky Uptown feel and can seat up 20, and the Restaurant is simple elegance and has several options for rental.
Please contact us with any questions or assistance with booking your space.
- Private Party Contact: Heather 6128251572x
- Cross Street: Hennepin and 31st
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Lucia's offers a private lot that is available to park in free of charge during the day. we have several side streets that offer free parking as well as metered parking directly in front of our restaurant.
In the evening we offer valet parking for 6.00
A word from Lucia's Restaurant and Wine Bar
For 28 years Lucia's Restaurant has offered a small menu that changes weekly. Working closely with local farmers and suppliers, we offer the best of each season. Dedicated cooks carefully and lovingly prepare meals based on seasonal appetites and flavors. We offer lunch, dinner, and weekend brunches.Continued
Lucia's has received countless awards and has been recognized yearly as a ZAGAT Top 10 Minneapolis Restaurant.
Lucia's has received countless awards and has been recognized yearly as a ZAGAT Top 10 Minneapolis Restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Lucia's Restaurant and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Lucia's Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (136)fit for foodies (134)special occasion (84)romantic (70)great for outdoor dining (66)great for lunch (66)great for brunch (62)notable wine list (51)hot spot (25)late-night find (13)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Always Good!maureenDined on 4/25/2014This is a restaurant we've been going to for as long as it's been open...it never disappoints us!Special Features:
- Vibrant flavors and creativitylacosechaVIPDined on 4/20/2014Easter Sunday brunch for five fulfilled all our expectations. Quality ingredients, full of flavor, creatively prepared. Pastries, salmon, omelets and frittata were excellent. The service was just ok; and can use more experience in some cases: Sparkling wine was spilled, and luckily landed on a rain jacket. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualWisTimDined on 4/18/2014Loads of families on Good Friday early evening dining. Nice to see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Women's Roomlive2eatDined on 4/15/2014Most of the tables are filled with women of all ages with very few men. I always wonder why, although my husband will not dine at Lucia's. I think, perhaps, he wants more choices. I enjoy lunches with my female friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucia's never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014For nearly 30 years, Lucia Watson has reinvented her locally sourced menu items weekly. I have probably dined here around 100 times and have never had the same meal twice. The food and service are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- most creative cookinghappyDined on 4/12/2014Menu changes weekly! always fresh, imaginative cooking. ingredients used in unique ways. the day boat scallops are out of this world delicious. the dining area is modern, comfortable with fresh flower arrangements every week. a joy in which to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucia's: Consistent ExcellenceLeeDDined on 4/8/2014The menu changes weekly and is based on local sources. The food is 5 star excellent as is the service. The aspect that stands out the most however is their consistency.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MN's Chez Panisse (or better)RIR18Dined on 4/6/2014Fabulous restaurant. Beautiful food, menu changes each week depending on what's fresh. Restaurant has relationships with and buys from local farmers, and you can tell because the food is delicious and fresh. Setting feels like the nicest cafes in Europe. Gorgeous fresh flowers, linens, plates and cups have a nice feel. Service is gracious. Wines are wonderful and unusual, you won't see them elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great brunchRoc2Dined on 4/6/2014The food was fabulous and service was very good, but it was a little cramped. My reservation was for 5 but they seated us at a table for 4 with an extra chair. It was also so noisy it was difficult to hear each other. I'll definitely go back, but maybe next time I'll try a table outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Lucia's and try toSandSDined on 4/5/2014We love Lucia's and try to dine there whenever we (New Yorkers) are in Minneapolis.Special Features:
- Like yoga for the palateelliebellieDined on 4/5/2014The serenely beautiful decor, gentle burble of conversation, and light aroma of fresh bread immediately soothe senses so often overwhelmed with harsh, harried stimuli during the work week. The food is simply, lovingly and beautifully prepared from whatever fresh ingredients inspired the chef that week, and brought to you by waitstaff possessed of that elusive intuition regarding when to attend to you, and when to let you be. I will most certainly be returning...not to mention visiting the other 2/3 of Lucia's, to wit, the Wine Bar, and the To-Go Cafe!Special Features:
- Never a disappointment!MargieDined on 4/4/2014Lucia's is one of my top two restaurants for ANY meal. I was also very impressed with how accommodating they were for a toddler!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucia Watson is my restaurant heroagingfoodieDined on 4/4/2014In the restaurant biz, if one can stay in business for three years, it's a feat. Three decades is a miracle! And still, the space appears fresh and new; and the commitment to organic, sustainable, fresh, creative, delicious, first-rate. Four courses for four people, four stars for Lucia's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food. OneKateDined on 4/2/2014Great service and food. One of our favorite places for a special lunch.Special Features:
- Perfect dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014I took my Mom to Lucia's on Tuesday, knowing that we would have a great time! Our service was excellent (I wish I remembered her name!), and the food was spot-on. It can be hard to dine out with my Mom because she can be a bit picky but the menu is seasonal and we loved everything we tried. They also had my favorite seasonal beer on tap (Smitten), so that was a plus! Our favorite was the gnocci! The atmosphere is comfortable and inviting. It's nice to have a place that you know will provide consistently fantastic meals- why go anywhere else?Special Features:
- Good food/fair service.surprisedDined on 3/30/2014Very well prepared food for brunch in pleasant, neighborhood setting, but waiter disappeared after we arrived.Special Features:
- Great place for my birthday dinnerDrenaDined on 3/23/2014We arrived a bit early, got seated right away, but near the back of the restaurant (lots of traffic by servers past our table). The service was spotty, time-wise (prompt sometimes, surprisingly slow other times). The food was excellent -- pricey, but worth the price. Next time we go, we'll ask for a better table, and see what happens.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchMichelleDined on 3/23/2014Nrunch was, as always, wonderful.. The scrambled eggs with poached shrimp and spring veggies were delicious as we're the cornmeal pancakes with blackberry syrup. Knowing how great the desserts,can be, we,saved,room for the saffron panda cotta,and the maple cake with lemon ice cream. Good move on our part! The only hiccup was that after our our breakfast was,deliver, the host seated a few extra table in our server's section, who then went MIA for about twenty minutes...no coffe, no check, no asking if we wanted dessert. I finally had to flag down the host, who did take responsibility for the error..and our dessert order. See, all's well that ends well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2014We celebrated a birthday at Lucia's and it was a wonderful evening. We love that we can get really beautiful food in a casual neighborhood restaurant. The steak was excellent and the chicken is always good. Our server was attentive and everything arrived at a nice pace. We didn't have dessert -the choices that night didn't excite us much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!Wow8PVIPDined on 3/22/2014This is our favorite restaurant. We go to Lucia's every year for our anniversary and have been going for the past 14 years. We also like taking others for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and the service madePickyDined on 3/22/2014The food and the service made this luncheon memorable….just what I wanted for an out of town guest whom I hadn't seen in many years. You never feel rushed there, and service is attentive, but unobtrusive…food never lets you down Guest could only eat certain things and waitress was so helpful…went out of her way This a restaurant that has never disappointed me, and I have come many times…and hope to go there many moreSpecial Features:
- Lucia's was wonderful. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/21/2014Lucia's was wonderful. We had a delightful server, which always helps. My husband had the steak, which was excellent. I had the halibut, served with farro and arugula and it was outstanding. I like that they offer 1/2 glasses of some of their wines. Wish more restaurants did that. Shared a slice of chocolate pecan pie which was delicious as well. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantmanoamamaDined on 3/21/2014This was a lovely restaurant - we loved the ambiance and food, which we'd rate a 5. However, our waiter Brian was disinterested and unhelpful when we asked for his recommendations. Either he didn't know the menu or he didn't care. We'd rate him a 0. We'd definitely return and just hope we get a different waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Lucia'sKateDined on 3/16/2014Lucia's is one our favorite restaurants - we have dined there a number of times and have always had a delightful experience - regardless of the time of day we have gone. The food is delicious and creatively prepared (in a very good way) and the service is excellent - attentive and accommodating. I highly recommend Lucia's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhRamblinbettyDined on 3/16/2014Went here for brunch. I had the frittata and a salad. There was nothing at all special about the food, and it was very expensive. I heard wonderful things about this restaurant but I won't be going back.
- BrunchDeephavenDined on 3/15/2014We had a party of six for a Saturday brunch. The food was delicious, and we had great service. Lucia's never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- James Beard.....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2014I wasn't impressed with Lucia's. The food was good but, not great. The service I was expecting to be over the top. It was good. Not anything out of the ordinary. Maybe I need to try a different night? Nice ambience, friendly staff just wasn't a memorable visit.Special Features:
- Lucia's is one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/9/2014Lucia's is one of the best kept secrets in Minneapolis. We rate this one among the very best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to Lucia's for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014Went to Lucia's for my birthday dinner. Very accommodating for my group of 6-7. Everything that came out of the kitchen was phenomenal. One of the best steaks I've ever tried. Everything was cooked to perfection. Would definitely recommend!I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time for dinnerMichaelCDined on 3/7/2014I've been coming to Lucia's for Brunch for years, but have never made the trip for dinner. I made dinner reservations for my wife's birthday as a surprise since she'd never been for dinner either. We shared their arctic char and bacon wrapped chicken entree with some brussels on the side. We started with their charcuterie plate which featured some amazing goat cheese and a spectacular pork pate. Closing out the dinner was a peanut butter and chocolate pie with pretzels. Everything we had was amazing. It's a shame we hadn't come here for dinner sooner.Special Features:
- First time here to celebrateRockyVIPDined on 3/7/2014First time here to celebrate my birthday. The overall experience was pleasant, except for the crowded tables. You couldn't move without bumping someone behind you. It's a very small setting but feels warm and cozy. Service was well done and we never felt rushed. Parking is pretty scarce,but there is valet right behind Lucia's for $6.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- comfortableBensterDined on 3/7/2014Excellently prepared food that was made all the more enjoyable by the unprenetious and accomodating staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucia's Doesn't DiisappointOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2014Lucia's is always a "go to" place for good food and good ambiance and Sunday brunch. Best of all, they take reservations. The only issue this winter has been the parking situation with Minneapolis' one side of the street parking.Special Features:
- Lucias Keeps on Being WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2014With its wonderful dinners and its new addition of small plates, Lucias remains a restaurant that is our "go to" place.Special Features:
- Lucia's is a foodie oasisAnneCDined on 2/27/2014Driving on icy streets in heavy traffic was rattling the winter evening we last made our way to Lucia's, but we stepped inside and felt the tension drift away. Love her homemade gnocchi and agnolotti, and the winter salad was inspired. Whenever I go to Lucia's, I think how lucky we are to live in a city with such a warm and inviting restaurant with consistently high quality, thoughtful, and inventive cuisine. This place would be a find in Paris. An evening at Lucia's makes our Minnesota winters bearable, but I recommend it in any and every season. Thank you, Lucia!Special Features:
- The Best!dennisr2000Dined on 2/26/2014Lucia's is consistently good. IMHO the best restaurant of any kind in the Twin Cities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love lucia'sCheekyDined on 2/25/2014Tried small plates, tasty. Bread is to die for. Ambience candlelit and quiet. Service is excellent. This is a manhattan restaurant in mpls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/22/2014Lucia's is so pretty and romantic! I just love the ambiance of the restaurant with the beautiful orchids, flowers, soft candles…it seemed especially beautiful on Saturday night with the snow outside and twinkling lights.Special Features:
- Dry and ChewyWeLoveGoodFoodDined on 2/22/2014We have enjoyed every meal except on Feb 22, when we took my in-laws for the first time. The service was great as always but the chicken was dry and boring and the steak was like chewing gum.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food every time!charlestongirlDined on 2/21/2014Lucia's never disappoints us with their food and service. Excellent each time we have been there and worth driving thru snow and ice to get to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.