Pacific Catch San Mateo
243 South B Street
San Mateo, CA 94401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pacific Catch San Mateo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificcatch.com/
- Phone: 6505581000x118
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private room
A word from Pacific Catch San Mateo
A West Coast Fish House Defining the Tastes of the Pacific.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pacific Catch San Mateo reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (70)good for groups (62)great for lunch (59)kid-friendly (39)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (25)special occasion (22)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (13)great for brunch (8)romantic (6)notable wine list (6)Show More
- Good but noisylesliecDined on 5/17/2014The food is quite good, unique for the neighborhood and prices are reasonable, but the tables are close together and the noise level is extremely high - many families and groups - definitely not a place for a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:
- As good for lunch as for dinnerJazzguy1Dined on 5/16/2014First time for lunch after twice for dinner. A larger selection of entrees would be welcome, but prime, fresh seafood is well prepared and presented. Salads are a good choice. I enjoyed the garden salad with excellent seared Ahi and avocado slices. If you enjoy coffee at the end of the meal, the fresh made, French-press coffee is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BECOMING MY FAVORITEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2014Been to Pacific Catch twice and the food is super good. Great and fast service.Special Features:
- Great spotKruserVIPDined on 5/12/2014Pacific Catch in downtown San Mateo is really good. I've been there now three times, and the food is great. Fresh fish all three times, and the special rice bowls are really good. My favorite is the California Roll Salad.... This place is unique in San Mateo and feels like it will last awhile. Service was very good, booths are super comfortable. This place is right next to the movie theater, so a perfect spot to hit before a movie - if you can get in!Special Features:
- Excellent foodPhotospeakerDined on 5/11/2014Quite a treat eating at Pacific Catch. Flavors are uniquely delicious. Ambiance is very relaxing. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Pacific CatchProAM23Dined on 5/10/2014Unique blend of Asian foods with trendy drinks and appetizers. A Poke lovers dreamSpecial Features:
- Great Value, Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014Keep enjoying this restaurant ever since its opening. The Happy Hour is very enjoyable and a great value.Special Features:
- Where are our drinks?PaulVIPDined on 5/9/2014Food is fairly good, as is the table service. Bar staff appears to do their best, but it just takes way, WAY too long to get drinks at this restaurant. Longest wait of any place in the Bay area I have been to. Either, there just are not enough bartenders, or they are too distracted serving food to those sitting at the bar. Try dedicating at least 1 bartender solely to making drinks for table patrons.
- IlovegoodfoodDined on 5/7/2014Our Waitress could not have been more efficient or personable , food was very tasty,ambience was great..loved sitting in the corner booth facing the street. a little more private ! keep up the good work !Special Features:
- Very GoodmargoVIPDined on 5/6/2014This was my second visit in a week, this time for lunch. Food was very good and service was great. I believe our server was Lauren. Her service was outstanding. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We felt rushed and underappreciatedLookingOverMateoDined on 5/3/2014I'm not overly picky, so it's rare that I give a less than stellar review, especially if the food is good - and actually the food was very good. It's just that too many little things distracted us from the food: The table wobbled, there was food between the cushions, it was louder than it should be, the waiter was friendly but rushed. It was difficult to relax and enjoy the food. At no point during the meal did we feel like were valued customers - on the contrary if felt like they were glad to see us go so they could seat the next customers.Special Features:
- Pacific catch is a good catchShealy88Dined on 5/3/2014I liked this restaurant. The food was good, people were nice, service was good, fish tacos and fresh fish were excellent! Loved the mai tais!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be BackmargoVIPDined on 5/2/2014Had a great dinner with the family. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We had calamari and a trio of poki for appetizers. The entrees we chose included fish and chips, and mahi mahi, and the other 4 in our group enjoyed their entrees just as much. Ran into some friends who were trying Pacific Catch for the first time as well. They also said they would be back. I plan to go back for lunch so will see if the food and service are the same.Special Features:
- Great locationLiveEatPlay10sDined on 5/2/2014Went here with 4 others. We asked to sit in the back since it's pretty noisy in the front to have a decent conversation. Lot's of menu options since we had a vegetarian in our group. Cocktail options were perfect! Menu was varied and interesting. I split a shrimp salad and a rice bowl with a friend. They split the orders for us which was really nice. Large portions (I took alot of mine home.) My friend and I both thought that the rice bowl was very salty. Shrimp salad was filled with fresh greens and nice portions of shrimp. I would go again and try some other items. Fun night. Restaurant has alot of energy. I made reservations thru Open Table. So convenient since it's right next to the movie theatre.Special Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2014Food was good, service was very good. Will go back.Special Features:
- We'll be backSFONANVIPDined on 4/29/2014This was our first visit to the San Mateo restaurant. Everything we had was just wonderful - the Rising Sun sushi roll was to die for and the macadamia nut brownie sundae was particularly delicious. I may not ever try anything else on the menu!Special Features:
- Pacific Catch is a Super CatchYumbumDined on 4/27/2014Great menu variety that will keep you wanting to come back for more. Staff is friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome experiencefoodeezDined on 4/26/2014Finally a sophisticated yet fun and kid friendly restaurant in downtown San Mateo with delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new spot in San MateoOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/23/2014Wide menu, nice portion size with a fun atmosphere. Great addition to San Mateo. Works well for groups and they have a great kids menu too.Special Features:
- Bev's lunchyummyDined on 4/23/2014Very good meal, my second visit, tried something new, wasn't disappointed! Staff very friendly, hostess is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the pokeFudlvrDined on 4/18/2014I love the menu at Pacific Catch. They make the best poke!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific Catch Second Time AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2014We enjoyed our second visit to this restaurant, but the service was not as good as the first time visit. Our waitress seemed very inexperienced, and the drinks and food were very slow in arriving. The server did apologize for the drinks arriving late. Also, we had to ask for certain things, e.g., ice (twice) and more water for when the bottle at the table was empty. However, the food was very good. We asked for the back room (patio) because from our first visit we found it quieter, and that worked well for us. We will dine here again.
- Great food!Bosox34Dined on 4/16/2014Very good food, reasonable prices. We had fish & chips ( tangy/spicy dipping sauce) & shrimp tacos - delish with freshly sliced avocado. French fries -choice of spicy, regular or sweet potato not really needed on the side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-Time ExperiencefirsttimerDined on 4/13/2014Good variety of food. Tasty. However, restuarant does not accommodate large groups between 5 and 8 p.m. and does not qualify for dining points through OpenTable. Why list on OpenTable then?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Happy Hour!OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 4/11/2014My gal pals and I enjoyed a Friday, after work Happy Hour with amazing margaritas and snack bits ( pupus, Hawaiian style)!! Our waiter was very attentive and gave great suggestions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed my time at PacifichoniDined on 4/10/2014I enjoyed my time at Pacific Catch. Its the perfect place for dinner date as well. The hostest were friendly and so was the bar tender. Food is delicious and perfect for the night out food. I would go back again. And it was reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will give it another shotKCCCDined on 4/9/2014It was only our first time there so I can' say that the food there was not good. But I have to say we were very disappointed. We order Fish & Chips, no flavor at all in the fish and the batter was sort of soggy not crispy. We also order the sushi rolls and they didn't they fresh at all. The rice was cold and hard, feels like they pre-rolled them and left in the fridge overnight. Service was quick but the waiter must be new, we asked him what the "Ponzu" sauce was and he had no idea what it was either. Hopefully we will have better experience next time around.
- Birthday TreatyummyDined on 4/7/2014We celebrated all three of our birthdays!! Food was great, great table, service, the works!! We had heard great reviews, now we can agree!!! Going to bring our husbands next time for Happy Hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and FreshkimmiekaeVIPDined on 4/6/2014very lightly breaded fish and spicy dusted chips were yummy! add more flavor dressing to the very fresh slaw. My husbands chicken, pineapple, rice bowl was good. Chicken was alittle dry, rice was very yummy but too much; should have complimented it with less rice and added vegetables as menu offers. Been here for lunch and the salads are great. Hip and great wood decor. Overall, a yummy different flavor of food and will return.Special Features:
- Delicious, fresh foodGLoves2eatDined on 4/4/2014The seafood at Pacific Catch was fresh and delicious. We loved the diverse menu and the prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really fresh seafood in San MateoJazzguy1Dined on 4/2/2014The fresh seafood was prepared delightfully. Our group of 4 enjoyed the varied menu. The staff was attentive to getting us on our way before an evening lecture. It also is a good stop for lunch. Their card shows 2 restaurants in San Francisco, and I am dining in one of them Thursday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique MenuGinny40Dined on 4/2/2014This place is challenges decision making; lots of unusual and savory items to choose from. Hard to limit to one or two choices. My friend and I shared three plates and enjoyed ourselves immensely. If you think you're coming to a fish restaurant, think again. There certainly is fish, but plated in many different ways. It's not your typical fish place with a piece of fish, starch and vegetables. But try it, you'll like it! There's lots of energy after 7pm, so be ready!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fast and hardoldfoggyDined on 4/2/2014Quickly seated (with reservation) and nicely served. Food was beyond expectatons and very well presented. The staff was well trained to explain what they were offering . . . Go and enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow foodhungryDined on 3/27/2014They have a twist with there meal options. Love it.. go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its fine but...EricVIPDined on 3/26/2014The food was good, not spectacular. Ultimately I was more annoyed with our server. Gluten and dairy allergies make any dining experience a challenge. The menu seemed to be severely limited.
- Review of 3/25 LunchlovetoeatDined on 3/25/2014My first dining experience at Pacific Catch was excellent! I ordered the Korean rice bowl with sticky ribs and it was delicious! I found it challenging to finish since it is a huge serving so had to take some of it home. I also ordered the macadamia nut brownie with ice cream and caramel chocolate sauce. I found this dessert mediocre as the brownie was, in my opinion, too firm and dense and lacked flavor. This explains my very good rating for the food and not outstanding. But the rice bowl was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and was good but sloooowFrankDined on 3/23/2014Food and was good but sloooow in coming. Server apologized but could not do anything about our wait time.
- My go-to Seafood lunch/dinner spot!DeniseJoyceDined on 3/21/2014I went here for the 1st time with my co-workers. Everything I've tried on the menu has been delicious! Great food & the staff is very familiar with the menu, if you're having trouble deciding. I keep coming back & bringing new friends & family to dine here! :) Such a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBrazileroDined on 3/21/2014this place is a great place to bring your family or a date. the atmosphere is so modern and relaxinig. the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Not impressedRamblistDined on 3/19/2014I've been waiting for this place to open ever since they first put the boards up to build this place and I finally got the chance to go! Unfortunately, I thought it was just alright. Very few gluten free items, OK wine list, and poor service.