Pacific Catch San Mateo
243 South B Street
San Mateo, CA 94401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pacific Catch San Mateo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificcatch.com/
- Phone: 6505581000x118
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private room
A word from Pacific Catch San Mateo
A West Coast Fish House Defining the Tastes of the Pacific.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pacific Catch San Mateo reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (81)fit for foodies (74)great for lunch (72)good for groups (66)kid-friendly (52)vibrant bar scene (37)hot spot (34)special occasion (32)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (11)romantic (8)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Good food, convenient locationrdegoliaVIPDined on 7/1/2014Pacific Catch is perfectly situated in downtown San Mateo, immediately across from the theatre. I had the Tuna three ways, which was very good. Not remarkable, although the Tuna Poke Serrano was remarkable. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai Coconut shrimp, yumm!FlyingdinerDined on 7/1/2014I highly recommend the 4-6 Happy Hour, almost half the price off the regular menu on some of my favorites, coconut shrimp, California roll, calamari, sweet potato fries. You do have to be seated in the bar area. 5 of us went for a 3pm late lunch, so it cost almost twice as much, but still enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DOJODined on 6/30/2014The poke was great. The sauce in the rice bowls were just too heavy. Overpowered the food, esp. the Korean BBQ sauce dish. Other than that the food, service were good.Special Features:
- Great menuMaryVIPDined on 6/29/2014There are many options for many different tastes at Pacific Catch (tacos, rice bowls, grilled fish, fish and chips, etc.). I had two soft tacos, fish and steak. Both were delicious. I would go back.Special Features:
- Great seafoodfamilyof4Dined on 6/26/2014With a very Asian flare, this restaurant is more than a fish and chips spot. The ahi four ways was incredible - with a Japanese influence. It was fresh and tasted bright. My kids loved the fish and chips from the children's menu and my husband had the coconut shrimp, which he enjoyed - but I think I did best. The staff was very friendly. The place was packed and while service was good, I think they were struggling to keep up. I will be back repeatedly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual diningLuv2eatDined on 6/24/2014The calamari appetizer was amazing! Had the combination mani-mani fish taco: traditional which was battered & the Baka which was spiced rubbed & grilled. I liked the Baja style. This was my second visit. I liked the rice bowl menu as well. Great atmosphere & the service was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!!meeshthesingerDined on 6/24/2014Their menu had everything my boyfriend and I love in life!!! Sushi, Poke, Ceviche, Tacos, Rice Bowls and Sandwiches. I mean, we literally stared at the menu for 20 minutes just figuring out what we were going to order without choosing EVERYTHING. And the taste did not disappoint. All the items we ordered were fresh, delicious and presented beautifully. The pricing wasn't so bad either. We've already recommended it to everyone and will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before or after the movies!JudyVIPDined on 6/23/2014Pacific Catch is right across from the entrance to San Mateo's Downtown theatre. It has many rooms with different ambiances to break up the large space. Staff is friendly and fish is always fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Great first time heresanmateoCLVIPDined on 6/23/2014I went to lunch with a couple of colleagues and ordered the "California Roll Salad." It was really amazing how the salad truly tasted like a California roll, though totally deconstructed. All of the ingredients were fresh and tasty. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Fun night out!fancydinerDined on 6/21/2014The Hawaiian Poke was outstanding! Our server was so helpful in providing us suggestions on our meal based on our pallete. Great place for a fun night out with friends!Special Features:
- Great PlacebabkDined on 6/17/2014I met a friend here for lunch. We were both pleased. The fish tacos were DELICIOUS! We sat on the quiet patio in back, but the interior is beautiful. No one hurried us while we talked. I liked the menu choices. I'll be back!Special Features:
- We had a good experience!MomSDined on 6/14/2014This was our 2nd time here and the service is great. Food is pretty good and my kids loved it.Special Features:
- Aloha in San MateoDrTsTakeOnDPlaceDined on 6/14/2014Good all around, especially if you miss the islands and want something other than L&L!Special Features:
- Great food at great pricesEmmaMcCullochVIPDined on 6/9/2014Always great food at great prices. Spoiled for choice on the menu. Something for everyone.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/9/2014My Mother and I had lunch here for the first time. From the first greeting to the check, we had excellent service even when the it filled up. We each had the tacos which were so good with an abundance of sides and sauces. And I just can't believe how affordable it was. Great food and great value. We'll definitely come back.Special Features:
- otdinerVIPDined on 6/7/2014This was my first time for dinner; I'd eaten lunch several times in S.F.. Menu was the same, but, interesting specials. Great rice bowl and fish tacos. Fish and chips were very good as were the fries, just a wee bit too salty. Good time, good dinner, but very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & serviceAlibabaDined on 6/7/2014I am generally skeptical when a restaurant offers different cuisines because they usually do a mediocre job with them all. My experience here was different. Well done, everything looked great. Decor is tasteful. Pricing is sensible. Cloth napkins.Special Features:
- Pacific Catch, June 2014SanMateoFrequentDinerDined on 6/2/2014It's a good size restaurant and it sits next door to the Cinema. The crowd inside was large, but clearly mixed with people headed to the movies, others enjoying a birthday celebration, and others just out for a good meal. We looked around and saw a terrific group room and those at the bar were having a great time (some just enjoying a drink, others eating at the bar). We were a party of 4, and we all enjoyed the appetizers, dinners and desserts. We would all recommend Pacific Catch and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/2/2014We were seated in the back room--very quiet, good for conversation. Food was outstanding as usual and very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2014We were told to sit between two other tables that were already occupied. Tables were a foot away. Will only request for booth if I go back.Special Features:
- Great casual restaurantLt888Dined on 5/25/2014Good food and good service. Make reservation as it can be busy with waiting times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 120 reviews are from the Pacific Catch San Mateo reviews archive.
- nickyDined on 5/22/2014We went here for our anniversary. It was a thursday night which was a great time to go. Not too busy and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignoredloves2eatDined on 5/20/2014I arrived on time for my reservation. My friend was a about 7 minutes late. While I waited for my guest to arrive a server introduced herself (I believe Ashanti) to me and asked if I wanted water which was right on target. Once my friend arrived we waited approximately 20 to 25 minutes before we saw a server. I have over the years frequented various of the Pacific Catch restaurants. After our "new" server took our order I asked what happened to Ashanti -- new server's response was she had to leave. After our order was taken and again after a rather long period of time elapsed I got the server's attention and mentioned we hadn't received the "usual" gold fish crackers. She then brought them. Clearly not good service!
- one of our favorite spotsSunsetKidsVIPDined on 5/20/2014we have often been to the San Francisco location on 9th & Lincoln and found the food there to be consistent, fresh, flavorful and reasonably priced. The new San Mateo location is exactly the same. Great environmentally friendly interior design, good service and an all around perfect casual dining experience. I recommend reservations since this is adjacent to the movie complex, do not expect to be seated quickly after a weekend evening movie without a reservation. thank you Pacifc Catch for opening a new location in the peninsula!Special Features:
- Here's the CatchfeedmeDined on 5/18/2014Pacific Catch is a great addition to the San Mateo area. They have a great variety of food selection for the light and hearty, including chalkboard specials that change time to time. Good selection of fish and seafood along with chicken, beef and vegetarian selections. Everything was fresh and served in a good presentation of accompanying sides. The service was efficient and friendly. The decor of the restaurant is also very nice.Special Features:
- Good but noisylesliecDined on 5/17/2014The food is quite good, unique for the neighborhood and prices are reasonable, but the tables are close together and the noise level is extremely high - many families and groups - definitely not a place for a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:
- As good for lunch as for dinnerJazzguy1Dined on 5/16/2014First time for lunch after twice for dinner. A larger selection of entrees would be welcome, but prime, fresh seafood is well prepared and presented. Salads are a good choice. I enjoyed the garden salad with excellent seared Ahi and avocado slices. If you enjoy coffee at the end of the meal, the fresh made, French-press coffee is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BECOMING MY FAVORITEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2014Been to Pacific Catch twice and the food is super good. Great and fast service.Special Features:
- Great spotKruserVIPDined on 5/12/2014Pacific Catch in downtown San Mateo is really good. I've been there now three times, and the food is great. Fresh fish all three times, and the special rice bowls are really good. My favorite is the California Roll Salad.... This place is unique in San Mateo and feels like it will last awhile. Service was very good, booths are super comfortable. This place is right next to the movie theater, so a perfect spot to hit before a movie - if you can get in!Special Features:
- Excellent foodPhotospeakerDined on 5/11/2014Quite a treat eating at Pacific Catch. Flavors are uniquely delicious. Ambiance is very relaxing. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Pacific CatchProAM23Dined on 5/10/2014Unique blend of Asian foods with trendy drinks and appetizers. A Poke lovers dreamSpecial Features:
- Great Value, Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014Keep enjoying this restaurant ever since its opening. The Happy Hour is very enjoyable and a great value.Special Features:
- Where are our drinks?PaulVIPDined on 5/9/2014Food is fairly good, as is the table service. Bar staff appears to do their best, but it just takes way, WAY too long to get drinks at this restaurant. Longest wait of any place in the Bay area I have been to. Either, there just are not enough bartenders, or they are too distracted serving food to those sitting at the bar. Try dedicating at least 1 bartender solely to making drinks for table patrons.
- IlovegoodfoodDined on 5/7/2014Our Waitress could not have been more efficient or personable , food was very tasty,ambience was great..loved sitting in the corner booth facing the street. a little more private ! keep up the good work !Special Features:
- Very GoodmargoVIPDined on 5/6/2014This was my second visit in a week, this time for lunch. Food was very good and service was great. I believe our server was Lauren. Her service was outstanding. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We felt rushed and underappreciatedLookingOverMateoDined on 5/3/2014I'm not overly picky, so it's rare that I give a less than stellar review, especially if the food is good - and actually the food was very good. It's just that too many little things distracted us from the food: The table wobbled, there was food between the cushions, it was louder than it should be, the waiter was friendly but rushed. It was difficult to relax and enjoy the food. At no point during the meal did we feel like were valued customers - on the contrary if felt like they were glad to see us go so they could seat the next customers.Special Features:
- Pacific catch is a good catchShealy88Dined on 5/3/2014I liked this restaurant. The food was good, people were nice, service was good, fish tacos and fresh fish were excellent! Loved the mai tais!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be BackmargoVIPDined on 5/2/2014Had a great dinner with the family. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We had calamari and a trio of poki for appetizers. The entrees we chose included fish and chips, and mahi mahi, and the other 4 in our group enjoyed their entrees just as much. Ran into some friends who were trying Pacific Catch for the first time as well. They also said they would be back. I plan to go back for lunch so will see if the food and service are the same.Special Features:
- Great locationLiveEatPlay10sDined on 5/2/2014Went here with 4 others. We asked to sit in the back since it's pretty noisy in the front to have a decent conversation. Lot's of menu options since we had a vegetarian in our group. Cocktail options were perfect! Menu was varied and interesting. I split a shrimp salad and a rice bowl with a friend. They split the orders for us which was really nice. Large portions (I took alot of mine home.) My friend and I both thought that the rice bowl was very salty. Shrimp salad was filled with fresh greens and nice portions of shrimp. I would go again and try some other items. Fun night. Restaurant has alot of energy. I made reservations thru Open Table. So convenient since it's right next to the movie theatre.Special Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2014Food was good, service was very good. Will go back.Special Features: