Siena - Providence
238 Atwells Ave
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena - Providence
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sienari.com/
- Phone: 4015213311x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (Bistro Menu 10:00pm - 11:00pm), Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (Bistro Menu 11:00pm - 12:00am), Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm (Bistro Menu 11:00pm - 12:00am), Sunday:3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Tarro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Siena - Providence
Located in the heart of Providence's Federal Hill, Siena - Providence was opened in 2005 and features authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Siena - Providence - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Siena - Providence reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)fit for foodies (102)neighborhood gem (83)romantic (74)notable wine list (58)hot spot (41)good for groups (37)vibrant bar scene (33)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Late night FridayMichaelDined on 8/1/2014We sat outside and this made dinner more entertaining. Nick was a great server - he joined our conversations as needed, serviced us in a timely manner and wasn't fake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014The food was awesome..the ambiance was so charming. The wait staff was superb. What a great spot to enjoy ones company and not have to worry about the quality of the food. With Valet parking it is the spot for an evening of fun.Special Features:
- Highly recommend SienaTColtDined on 7/30/2014Visit to Providence for first time. Brown University and then dinner. Brother recommended this restaurant and I am so glad he did. The food, service and atmosphere were perfect. Sea Bass special some of the best food I have had in a long time. Wife ordered a pasta dish that was Rigatoni with sweet sausage and porcini mushrooms. Excellent dish. Wife and I love the energy of the bar area but if noise is a problem simply choose to eat in the back half of the restaurant. Outside looked like a good summer choice. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OverratedDc829Dined on 7/30/2014I was so excited to finally go here! We sat at a table for 2. So noisy hard to talk. Too tight and no room. Could hear the entire conversation at next table. Sangria was very good. Ordered the giant meatball. Delicious. When food came waiter had to take bread away no room on table. The lobster/seafood dish was ok. The crab cakes were boring. Just wanted to leave. No dessert.Special Features:
- LovesangriaDined on 7/27/2014We dine here a lot most of the time with a private group, but when I come with other friends and relatives, I just usually just call and make reservations. This time I used the Open Table to reserved. Using the Open Table was so easy, and can be done anytime with confirmation on email. The food selections are awesome and the foods are marvelous. The staff are always attentive. This is one of our favorite restaurant on Federal Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodmaddyDined on 7/27/2014We have had a variety of food selections here and all the choices have been great...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKlovisDined on 7/26/2014Everything was top notch. Service and food were incredible. Well worth the hour drive. Will be back soon!!!Special Features:
- AwesomeLabba19Dined on 7/25/2014Great as it always is! That's why it's voted #1 every yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaints!soffilerDined on 7/24/2014Lovely dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. Excellent service - waiter was always present when needed, and only when needed. Waiter made excellent food and wine pairing recommendations. We both selected from the night's specials - over the top! She had a pasta dish with a Bolongese sause that was to die for. I had a filet mignon. Maybe one of the best I have ever had, literally cut with a fork, melt in the mouth. Nice visit at the table with the owner - appropriately short, but much appreciated. They should show that they care, and he did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLynneDined on 7/23/2014As always Siena never disappoints. Great food, great service and a great staff!!Special Features:
- nice variety - very authenticFrequentFlyer1Dined on 7/22/2014Definitely worth a reservation, as it was delicious. Very energized environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhhChefDined on 7/21/2014I have to say , not really impressed. My veal saltimbocca had no procuittto and no cheese, i didnt say anything so thats my fault ( i figured it was the way the make it there?) and my wifes gnocchi was missing something ( not an item just lackluster) the martini with pineapple and basil was pretty awesome thoughSpecial Features:
- Gem on Federal HillBrooklynbabeDined on 7/19/2014We ordered dinner from the restaurant week menu. The food was delish and very reasonably priced. We noticed that their price for a full bottle of wine was the same as a half bottle of the same wine we ordered at a restaurant we ate at the night before. Service was very attentive but not obtrusive. We had a corner table in a crowded room yet we could hear each other talk just fine. After dinner we strolled just down the street and enjoyed outdoor music and dancing so the location was perfect. We highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:
- GaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Appetizer and salad were fine. My entree was not edible. It was seafood boiled in a red sauce the fish was completely dry and tasted of fish. The waitstaff apologized but no compensation was madeSpecial Features:
- Luv Luv Luv Siena!!JasonandAnnDined on 7/19/2014My husband fell upon Siena one night in Providence. This restaurant is the BEST!! Staff are top notch and the food is beyond words!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at SienabirthdayDined on 7/18/2014My family has come here for my Dad's birthday three years not. We love that we all can be seated comfortably. The antipasto is a great size for sharing. The house wine was really great. As always the food was delicious and we were all to full for dessert. I would recommend the restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best on Federal HillBobthebuilderVIPDined on 7/17/2014Visited with a party of six foodies and was not disappointed. Food was fantastic. Service was prompt and friendly. Front bar area can be extremely loud and difficult to hold a conversation. We will visit again but ask to be seated in the rear dining area, hopefully that's a little quieter.Special Features:
- LAwvrLAwvrDined on 7/17/2014Great real Italian food. Reminds me of my youth. Every dish was fantastic.Special Features:
- Delectable Tuscan mealNyfoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2014The food was outstanding from the incredibly delicious calamari aceto balsamico to the eggplant parmigiana and it's savory marinara sauce to the strawberry shortcake. We went for the first time and was fortunate to go for restaurant week which had it's signature dishes available for a 3-course meal for $29.95 - what a yummy bargain! My husband is Italian and pretty much an Italian food snob, so I always hold my breath when we go Italian. Siena far exceeded our expectations and when we are in Providence the next time, we will be making another reservation at Siena.Special Features:
- You MUST eat here!ValentinoDined on 7/14/2014A few days to discover Providence and trying different restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner and this was the best place we experienced. The service, the food, the wine; everything was excellent! A good thing this was our last dinner in town or we would have had to go back twice! Congratulations to the entire Siena team on having such an excellent table!!Special Features:
- excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014Siena never disappoints. From drinks to apps to dinner and dessert. Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Specialgolfer13Dined on 7/12/2014I was with a party of four including a son and his wife from England. We were accepted on time and the hostess was gracious but we were seated right by the entrance door. People were literally standing by our table while waiting for theirs. Conversation was difficult as the rather loud bar was also only a few feet away. I'm sure a different seat would have been better, but the place was pretty full. The food was good, but nothing special. My son had a nice piece of swordfish which he said was good. I had a rigatoni "special" which didn't have much taste. I was expecting sausage pieces in it, but it was merely crumbs. The chicken pieces were fine. Wine was good (nice selection) and Jeff (our server) was attentive enough.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014My fiancé and I came for dinner during restaurant week. The restaurant was very busy and seemed a bit hectic but the hostess appeared calm and friendly at the door. We were seated within minutes and greeted by our server shortly after. Our server was very pleasant and friendly. The food was delicious. We would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignore TripAdvisor Poor ReviewsA2FanDined on 7/11/2014Someone is always going to bellyache for some reason about something, I get that, but I'd move on to the next review as it relates to Siena. Dined there on a Friday night during restaurant week. Ever been to a restaurant in Manhattan during restaurant week? Smaller than usual portions. Not Siena; healthy size portions. Great food and great service. Won't even bother to check out a different place next time we are on Federal Hill. Go here, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Really great menu for restaurant week. My only issue is that it was extra noisy during dinner so it was hard to hear each other and e waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SGB123Dined on 7/11/2014This was the second time at Siena when visiting my daughter at a local college. Our table was ready when we arrived. The waitress was friendly and accommodating. The food was very good Italian fare with a nice variety of choices. the clam appetizer was delightful.. I would certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rgRumfordDined on 7/6/2014Have eaten at Sienna's many times. Never disappointing. First time for our guests from the Boston area -- they were very impressed.. Worth the drive down to Providence.Special Features:
- Missed Shot, But Would ReturnFlyinDined on 7/5/2014We had a 9pm on Saturday night, and the front space was rocking. We were seated in the very back room, which was a mixed result. It was nearly a ghost town, so the conversation was good. But we felt forgotten by the staff, which was nice but unaware of the lack of attention to us and our long food wait. The food was quite good, but frankly Andino's the night before was better. I would come back and try the fun room with the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lyngirlDined on 7/5/2014The noise level really distracted from enjoying our meal
- nice place to eat1888Dined on 7/1/2014food is excellent service staff is very informative, and pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional Setting, Fresh FoodotberburVIPDined on 6/30/2014I'm occasionally wary of patronizing Italian restaurants in "Little Italy" neighborhoods -- the selections and preparations are too often those I had in a child in the 1960s. This wasn't a problem at Siena, where we had our best meal during a 3-day stay in Rhode Island. The place features good ingredients, good recipes, and good preparations. My meal of fried calamari, followed by a chicken entree, was delicious, filling, and a good value. Service was pleasant, the decor not memorable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenDined on 6/29/2014We were given a gift certificate to Siena earlier in the year and loved it. We came back to celebrate a birthday and found it to be just as good as remembered. It is cozy, the décor is simple but very nice, the service is excellent and the food is wonderful. Valet parking makes it so much easier in this busy part of Providence. There is dining outside in the good weather but we still prefer to dine inside and enjoy the ambiance. It is quite a distance for us to travel but well worth the trip.Special Features:
- CarolVIPDined on 6/28/2014Went on a busy Saturday night. We arrived 15 minutes early for our reservations, but were seated promptly at a nice window table. Our server was attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu and how things were prepared. I had the salmon special, my husband had the swordfish, and since we both have a passion for eggplant parm, we split the side dish portion. Everything was phenomenal! We try eggplant parm everywhere, and this was one of the best! The salmon and swordfish were cooked perfectly. Food and service get perfect ratings. Tables are a little too close together for my comfort, and the noise level made conversation difficult, so ambience could be better. All in all, we will be back and would absolutely recommend Siena.Special Features:
- Very Nice MealcoochmanDined on 6/28/20142nd time here - first was business - 2nd was my wife and kids. Great meal. Pasta Fagioli was fantastic. Desserts rock too.Special Features:
- Pick another restaurantGlobeTrottingFoodieDined on 6/26/2014The food was extremely disappointing: bland and boring. The portions were large (too large--I couldn't finish and wouldn't have finished even if I'd enjoyed the food). I would have preferred quality over quantity. I will not be returning. I gave the service a three-star because our food took 30-35 minutes to arrive at our table and because the server told us that all of the dishes on the menu were delicious. The decor was pleasant--upscale even.
- Never Disappoints!andrewDined on 6/25/2014We had a wonderful evening. The Siena team was friendly, knowledgeable and professional. Siena remains a good value for a top Federal Hill restaurant.Special Features:
- fell shortkoneillx4Dined on 6/23/2014We asked for things and did not get them. Asked for the fish to be cooked a certain way, and after Davey went to the kitchen and back to assure us the Salmon could be cooked " blackened" it came with sauce on it, and not blackened at all. Seemed odd that the waiter claimed he had never heard of fish being cooked blackened as it is very common. Hr also brought me wine that I didn't order and I did not receive the extra crustini I requested on the side of my dish. Just dissapointed. Would love to be refunded so that we could give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodn3dsdDined on 6/21/2014great food, good service ....but very noisy coming from the bar next door...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A romantic Italian restaurant!LuvtodineDined on 6/21/2014I requested a table with a little privacy, although it was in the back of the restaurant, it wasn't very private, but ok. The waitress, Karen, took great care of us. They served bread and a dish of olives, both were good, but would have been ideal if the bread was warm. We both got the special salad of fresh tomatoes, lettuce, homemade croutons, little onion. It was excellent, but could have used a little more greens. We both enjoyed a veal deal....the veal was so tender, just delicious! However, there was no pasta to accompany the dish (just a few green beans)...pasta was a la carte. They could have put a small portion. Great ambience and nicely decorated. I would highly recommend this restaurant...great for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena - Very Good ItalianParentsNightOutDined on 6/21/2014Very Good experience. Staff was professional and friendly. Interesting specials menu. Stuffed figs were great. Reasonable prices for an upscale Italian restaurant. I had the seafood with linguine and asked for it spicy. It was very good. Decent wine list; just enough choices. Would go back.Special Features: