Siena - Providence
238 Atwells Ave
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena - Providence
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sienari.com/
- Phone: 4015213311x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (Bistro Menu 10:00pm - 11:00pm), Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (Bistro Menu 11:00pm - 12:00am), Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm (Bistro Menu 11:00pm - 12:00am), Sunday:3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Tarro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Siena - Providence
Located in the heart of Providence's Federal Hill, Siena - Providence was opened in 2005 and features authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Siena - Providence - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Siena - Providence reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (124)special occasion (123)neighborhood gem (100)romantic (83)notable wine list (68)good for groups (50)hot spot (50)vibrant bar scene (39)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (13)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- A bit loud, but great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014My husband's swordfish and our salads were excellent, but the booth seating was uncomfortable and at times I felt like I was yelling to be carry on a conversation across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014This was my second visit to Siena. It will be my last! The service was wonderful fro The moment we walked in. Our waitress was Theresa and she was fantastic! I highly recommend Siena Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!bellaDined on 10/26/2014First visit to Siena,we had a great experience,the server was awesome and the food was delicious.We live in a different state but would drive to the restaurant to have dinner again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit cramped, but a wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Had anniversary dinner this past Saturday at Siena. It was very loud, and a bit cramped, but...the food was excellent!! Highly recommend the big meatball for an appetizer, and of course dough boys with ice cream and homemade Nutella for dessert!! I had the best swordfish I've ever had, and my girlfriend's gluten allergy was accomadated. Bottle of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc for $30!!! Great time, great meal, great anniversary! Thanks Siena Providence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLizBDined on 10/25/2014My friend and I went to Siena to celebrate a birthday. The place was packed, thank God I made a reservation. Excellent service! My friend got the veal chop and raved about it. Said it was one of the best meals he had. I had the braised short ribs. Melted in your mouth. It was noisy as other reviews had noted, but we were able to have a conversation without yelling. Would always recommend.Special Features:
- ExcellentFoodieDined on 10/23/2014This restaurant is an absolute must to try. It was my first time eating there and it was great. The food is excellent, the staff is great and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Federal Hill RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/23/2014My favorite restaurant when I visit Providence. I enjoyed the Sea Bass in the past and the specials are usually great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything simply amazingBlm73Dined on 10/22/2014This is a definite favorite Service was amazing as well as the staff. Definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena ProvidenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Delicious. Outstanding food. Great service. A little pricey, but worth it and a great place for special occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Referred by Matt at Hotel Providence - Outstanding recommendation!!
- diningoutDined on 10/21/2014Having never been there before, we did not realize how active their bar was....next time, we will ask that we be placed in the back room away from the noise of the bar. Everyone ordered different items off the menu and all of us really enjoyed our meals. We live close to the North End in Boston and felt this restaurant was on the same par if not better than some found in the North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oct 14OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Food was delicious, pizza was awesome and service was stellarSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerbhockeyVIPDined on 10/19/2014After a couple of table changes, at our request, my wife and I settled into a very nice table and enjoyed an excellent anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip to ProvidenceBiodude76Dined on 10/19/2014Would definitely come back again. Food was very good, especially the calamari aceto balsamico appetizer I had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Winnerhawaii50VIPDined on 10/18/2014First visit to Providence Siena, though we have eaten at the East Greenwich restaurant many times. We were greeted promptly by the hostess, who went out of her way to ensure we would receive the "best" table available, and she was right. The short ribs were outstanding as was the rest of the food enjoyed by our group of four. Desserts are great, generous cups of lemon crème brulee were especially noteworthy.Special Features:
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We will be back! Amazing waitress whom was knowledgeable and expressly attentive made for a terrific time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- topshelfDined on 10/17/2014Siena never disappoints---the Involtini and Fichi are especially good and for me the Tagliatelle. It was our favorite restaurant when we lived on the West Side. Now going back there seems like such a treat that it's hard to imagine mixing it up by returning to any of our other favorite haunts.Special Features:
- Great food as always!SuzyQDined on 10/16/2014Four of us dined here before a show at PPAC and enjoyed our meals. The calamari appetizer was a little tasteless. The hot peppers came on the side and the fried squid rings were white. That's not how calamari is usually served but we ate it anyway. Two of us had salads and both were very good! The dinners consisted of two veal dishes, one swordfish and one short ribs. We ate every crumb! Very tasty! The service was good. They were aware that we were trying to make a show but they didn't rush us - just kept the meal moving along.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena is Best on Federal HillContentedDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I have season tickets at PPAC, and always eat on Federal Hill before going to the theater. We have tried many of the restaurants on Federal Hill. But we have now stop looking for new restaurants, and have made Siena our restaurant of choice. Food is always great. They have different and interesting specials each time we eat there. Service is good. Prices are reasonable. Appetizers and desserts (especially the tiramisu) are wonderful. We just love Siena!Special Features:
- barber13Dined on 10/11/2014First time there great food and service our waitress Michelle was excellent as were the hostesses res. was for 7pm and we were seated on time will go there againSpecial Features:
- First timerCraigDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant was very busy Saturday evening but accommodated my request for a table in the back room, which is quieter and allows for easier conversation. The food was great as advertised (best of RI list for several years). I will definitely return.Special Features:
- great place to dinetomnoajoDined on 10/10/2014The food was great,service excellent ,the,only reason I did not give five stars overall seating was tight my friend chair was constantly being bumped. Overall. Great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still a favoritejg5555Dined on 10/9/2014front of restaurant's noise level makes it difficult to have a conversation, so ask for the back- which is much more comfortable. Food was very good, Seafood was cooked perfectly,as was risotto and and the bread pudding is best ever. Will return soon.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentzebraDined on 10/8/2014Our party of 6 shared a few yummy apps and had delicious entrees of veal, shrimp, salmon, steak, chicken. ALL excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only So-SoRobertDined on 10/5/2014On this particular Sunday night, the experience and food were certainly good, but it didn't knock me out of my socks as I was expecting from 'the best in Providence". And as for getting a cab back downtown? Forget about it! Not a cab town, and no help from Sienna.
- Did not live up to hypeDocrockDined on 10/3/2014good but not great Italian restaurant. Antipasto plate was average. Entrees good to very good. Desserts amazing. Service excellent. I would recommend this restaurant with the caveat that one should not expect this to be a meal you will remember for very long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RalphDined on 10/1/2014Try for a table in back. Where we were in front it was very noisy. Service was very good. The food was excellent and that made the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2014Keep a lot of room for the homemade Tiramisu, best I ever had.. Including ItaluI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was very good and our waiter, Jeff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in ProvidencecranstongourmandVIPDined on 9/27/2014Siena is simply best restaurant in Providence. Consistently good food and service at OK proces.Special Features:
- SienaInsdoc76Dined on 9/27/2014Very nice Italian restaurant in Federal Hill area of Providence. Service was very attentive (almost overly), but gave my date a chance to sample the sangria before she ordered a full glass..which she did. We asked for booth instead of a table, and got it. Heirloom tomato salad was very good and was on the 4 specials they had that night. Desert of fried dough with cinnamon sugar and cinnamon gelato was rich and also quite good. Place was full but did not feel noisy nor crowded. My entree of Veal Scallopine with Porcini Mushooms was nicely presented by was bland. The braised short rib that my date ordered was both tender and tasty.Special Features:
- The BestJjjjDined on 9/26/2014The food at Siena is simply magnificent. The only problem is figuring Out what to order because it's all outstanding. I recommend the Branzino or any of the specials. The chef achieves perfection with Every dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentValenteDined on 9/26/2014Food is prepared with creativity and freshness. Service is A plus and the dining room is comfortable and clean. We always go here when we visit the Federal Hill area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valet is a mustChrisDined on 9/25/2014First, make sure you take advantage of the valet as parking on Federal Hill is wicked. Secondly, enjoy a drink at the bar as the bar scene is very active. Thirdly, after dinner partake in a espresso. I enjoyed the best latte I have ever had. Plus... All the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very loudupscalefoodieDined on 9/23/2014The restaurant was very loud, not because it was overcrowded, but because the acoustics in the place are not very good. We were seated at the window, which helped with the noise level. We were there on a Tuesday night with a clientele of a mixed crowd. The food was good with the exception of the calamari, which was very hard, not chewy, but hard.Special Features:
- WonderfulMunchersDined on 9/22/2014We dropped into Providence, working our way back to Boston, after being in Cape Cod and Newport. Scanned the options on Open Table and made rez at Siena. There is a reason, actually lots of them, Siena is so beloved and highly rated. Exceptional food, from the eggplant involtini starter to the dessert special chocolate bread pudding with coffee gelato and caramel sauce. I had the house made ricotta gnocchi Costello, my husband had the bluefish special, both very well executed. If we didn't live in CO, we'd be there weekly! Warm, knowledgeable staff too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbCape11Dined on 9/20/2014Everything was excellent with attention to detail. Reservations made easily on line, they made a follow up phone call to confirm, table was ready early, service, appetizers, food, wine and dessert were all fabulous. Only difficult decision was the menu...everything sounded so good it was hard to decide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BagOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We rarely eat out on Saturday nights at perhaps otherwise excellent restaurants because of the noise. This was a first visit, and we were disappointed in uneven food and the slow kitchen. Although we were seated right on time and our first course came promptly, we waited almost 45 afterwards for our main. Our waitress was friendly but did not keep us up to date on our next course. The tuna was of excellent quality and well cooked, but the side was undistinguished. My husband's cioppino did not take into consideration cooking times required for the various ingredients, so some things were quite overcooked; the sauce, however, was excellent. All portions were generous.
- Over Ratedcleverdiner1Dined on 9/18/2014This restaurant is very over rated. Food is fair at best. Both the menu and the wait staff misrepresent the actual meal served. Food quality poor. Short rib dish is over cooked two day old pot roast, over extremely over cooked and bland risotto. Calamari is not fresh, it is frozen product. Staff needs to be more attentive, waited very long periods for wine refills and clearing of dishes.
- Anniversary Dinnernrogers787Dined on 9/15/2014Absolutely perfect. Nothing compares to the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.