926 12th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larkseattle.com/
- Phone: 2063235275
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Northwest
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
A word from Lark
Welcome to Chef John Sundstrom’s Lark, one of the Pacific Northwest’s premier, artisan-focused restaurants. Located in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood, Lark offers a warm dining experience meant to be shared with friends and family. Our menu features small plates of locally-produced and organic cheese, charcuterie, vegetables, grains, fish, and meats, all prepared with a signature focus on flavor and quality. We work with local artisans, farmers, and foragers to serve the best of each season, bright and intense with summer and spring, rich and heartening in the winter and fall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lark reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (122)neighborhood gem (88)special occasion (88)romantic (83)notable wine list (32)hot spot (13)good for groups (11)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent food and good hospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014Everything is so delicious and the server is so kind and a very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High standards? Lark nearly perfectGrandmasAndGrandesToquesVIPDined on 6/10/2014Most dishes were impeccable. Extremely high quality, attention to detail, absolutely delicious. Service was a bit uneven, but main server was superb.Special Features:
- Fabulous, as alwaysJohnDined on 6/10/2014There is nothing to dislike at Lark. In this small space, the chef/owner has managed to create a very intimate and warm environment. But the very best part of Lark is the marvelous food that is presented to you in thoughtful, moderate proportions. Billed as "small plates", there is nothing small about the selection available or the taste of those selections the diner chooses. My wife and I dined alone this week, but in the past we have taken our infant granddaughter with us, and we have been welcomed every time we have dined at Lark. Melissa and her fellow servers are very knowledgeable about the entirety of the menu, and their service is professional and timely but unhurried. We cannot recommend Lark highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good pricereeeeenDined on 6/7/2014A fine dining experience at the right price. Knowledgeable waitstaff, and delicious food.Special Features:
- LarkFoodieDined on 6/7/2014Wonderfully, delicious and creative small plates. The small plates were good to share with 3 people. It's good that they have a prix fixe menu which looks good. But we opted for the small plates to allow us to taste more things. Lark is now making their own bread and it's delicious.Special Features:
- amazing seattle experiencemmmtasty1Dined on 6/7/2014This is a small, romantic sweet spot - with a gorgeous menu of small gourmet plates. The service was spot on, and the food...well, I'm a foodie and was impressed. By far the best Seattle meal we have had. The seared fois gras was divine, as was the asparagus dish. My taste buds were very very happy. I like that the portion sizes are small to medium, as i find quality over quantity is something value.Special Features:
- What a gemfoodloverVIPDined on 6/7/2014Lark is a charming neighborhood restaurant with incredibly prepared, seasonal artisanal food. It's a wonderful place to share delectable, yummy dishes. Absolutely outstanding. A MUST!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerMattiVIPDined on 6/7/2014Well thought-out menu, excellently prepared food, and great service. They were also very accommodating for special requests and, despite a small by-the-glass wine list, provided wonderful options. Only slightly disappointed in the dessert list, which seemed to try to hard (really? Panna Cotta served with ice cream and a bunch of other stuff...when the rest of the menu was so simply elegant...). The cheese selection made a much nicer post-dinner option.Special Features:
- Wonderfully thought out dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2014We (group of 5) went to Lark for the first time for a birthday celebration. The service was wonderful and we felt welcome. The food choices were all unique and well thought out -- all of the flavors seemed to really compliment one another. We had a great time and I'd be happy to go back again.Special Features:
- Creative menu, yet not excitingFoodtouristVIPDined on 5/31/2014There are lots of unusual menu items (sweetbreads, octopus...), the adventure of which we normally enjoy. Somehow we were not excited about any of our choices. And for the prices I expected to be.Special Features:
- Total MissOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2014This was our first big dinner while visiting from Chicago. While we enjoyed most of our food, service was off the entire night. Our server wanted to course the meal out. No big deal to me; however, 4 of our 6 items came in the first 10-12 minutes, to the point of everything not even fitting on our table. Fortunately, the adjacent table had just left, allowing us to share their recently vacated space. The next course came 20 minutes later. Upon completion of that course, we sat idly for 15-20 minutes before the final course even came out. A couple of dishes stood out negatively and a couple positively. For the price and value, I'd expect more positive. Management is welcome to contact me for more detail.
- LOVELARK12345678VIPDined on 5/23/2014we hope to be back soon. YUM! we loved the veggies.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/23/2014Loved the small plates. Particularly the foie gras! Simply amazing.Special Features:
- A quiet table to talkSusanDined on 5/23/2014My request for a quiet table for two friends to talk was perfect. We lingered, perhaps a bit too long, but never felt hurried by the staff. The food was as always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SublimeSaucierDined on 5/18/2014From first course of oysters and liver parfait, to vintage Tokai and chocolate Madelines, this is a must for foodies and all others that love and appreciate great inspired food at its peak, and knowlegable service. Well done Jonathan! JohnSpecial Features:
- The following 41 reviews are from the Lark reviews archive.
- Amazing Food!!hunterforagerDined on 5/10/2014This was a great place to go if you're looking for amazing flavours. Portions are small, which is to be expected from this high quality of food, but each dish was perfect - each taking you new places. Great service, always looked after, and food arrives in a timely manner. Highly recommend as a date spot, or for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/8/2014This is one of the best restaurants in Seattle. It consistently offers delicious food, wonderful ambience and excellent service. It was perfect for a birthday dinner celebration.Special Features:
- Lark - Small plates excellencefoodloverDined on 5/4/2014We went to Lark for the first time last Saturday night to celebrate our 29th anniversary and we could not have picked a better place! The service was exceptional and the food was different and delicious. With a "small plates for sharing" format, Lark is a great place to sample very creative foody oriented delights from a chilled asparagus soup to faro prepared so deliciously that even I enjoyed it (normally my mantra is: "vegetables are not food, vegetables are what food eats!") The ginger-coconut mussels were exceptional as was the wagu hanger steak (this is a must try item - most delicious steak that I have had in a long time! Lark is good for groups who like to share but it is not a large venue so reservations are a must.Special Features:
- Outstanding!awseattleVIPDined on 5/4/2014We went for the 5 course dinner and loved it! This is definitely the restaurant to choose if you want innovative dishes with lovely, familiar flavors.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodgeorgelegDined on 4/24/2014Small plate concept worked perfectly. Staff suggested the order of the dishes and the pacing was perfect. Food quality and taste was the highlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued excellenceSparkyDined on 4/23/2014Everytime I've been to Lark (5-6 times), it's been spot on. Tremendous variety of flavors, thoughtful service, relaxed ambience.Special Features:
- French-Style TapasGrantBVIPDined on 4/22/2014I love French food, and I love tapas bars, so I suppose it's no surprise that I really enjoyed Lark. We had a cheese plate (excellent cheese selections), caviar and potato tartlette, duck leg, steak tartare, terrine of foie gras, and gnocchi. All were very good, and presented quite nicely. Service was leisurely but fine for a weekday date night. They would benefit from a cocktail menu (though they have a full bar) and the wine list was quite short (red glass pours were particularly lacking), but we had a lovely Washington syrah. Overall, if you like French food and trying a variety of things, it's worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and Last Visit to LarkMortimer74Dined on 4/18/2014Date night with the wife and our first visit to Lark, but probably our last. Six dishes, one bland, three interesting and two spectacular. The Sweetbreads were very well prepared--soft but chewy texture and excellent meat flavor. Servers need some training: After the first glass never once did a server pour our wine! Worse yet, were asked no less than five times "How are things tasting?" Would they serve food at these prices that didn't taste good? As a former waiter, I am a stickler for good service, and once again I was left disappointed by poor service that unfortunately is all too common in the Seattle area. The old wood chair was very uncomfortable.Special Features:
- MehOystersdailyDined on 4/18/2014I've been to Lark once before this weekend and, at the time, we loved it. The restaurant is really beaitifully designed and we remember loving the food. This time it was kind of mediocre. We ordered an octopus dish that was overlooked and rubbery and the octopus tasted old. The halibut was fantastic and the other stuff was just fine, but not memorable. The server was very sweet, but green and didn't know much about the wine list. Given how many amazing restaurants there are in Seattle, I'll definitely choose differently next time I'm back in the area.Special Features:
- AMAZINGDshawVIPDined on 4/18/2014We were in Seattle to celabrate my wife's birthday, and Lark made the evening something wonderful to remember, WOW!! First trip to Lark, guarantied to not be last. Thank you so much PS - first time in memory that all four deserts were equally fantastic and couldn't choose favorite!!!Special Features:
- Fantastico!ItalianGirlDined on 4/17/2014I think Lark is my new favorite restaurant. The food is amazing and the presentation is beautiful. This was my second time at the restaurant. My husband and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant evening; fine destinationbonbonDined on 4/16/2014From the enthusiastic greeting at the reservation desk to the presentation of the bill, Lark is simply a very special place to dine. Chef Sundstrom has a beautiful way with food - the use of ingredients and the presentation cannot be beat. I have recommended Lark to out of town friends and their experience mirrored our own - a lovely meal in a charming setting. I have Chef's cookbook and have gifted copies my foodie children and we love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything fabulouspdx2ktmDined on 4/16/2014We went to Lark for a business dinner. It has great vibe. The tables are charming, lighting soft, there's spare between tables and everything we ordered (and we ordered lots) was exceptional. The people we brought to dinner from Seattle had not been there, but eat out a lot and thought it was possibly the best meal they had had in Seattle. The waitress was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in a long timeHJW1987Dined on 4/15/2014I am a bit of a foodie and Lark knocked my socks off. Everything from the starters through dessert was not only unique but absolutely delicious!!! I will definitely be back ASAP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on a LarkLorinDined on 4/15/2014I visited Lark during Restaurant Week in Seattle and really enjoyed the experience. My guests and I were very impressed. Our table was ready when we walked in, perhaps our meal came a little too quickly, but it was absolutely outstanding. ! Lark was very accommodating to requests for a gluten free meal and there were several choices on the special menu and regular menu. The three course menu had several items to choose from in each course and we were all very impressed with every one. We all had the pork loin and it was very delicate and could be cut with a fork. The desserts were unique and delicious as well. My guest commented about the excellent service and that they would love to go back and recommend Lark to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on Seattle Restaurant weekSuzyDined on 4/15/2014We enjoyed the meal. Had the pork loin, very good but a little salty. Pineapple tart delicious. Good house made crackers and bread. We could have enjoyed some vegetables with the pork if it had been offered.Special Features:
- Amazing for First DatedhartonoDined on 4/14/2014It was amazing dinner date. Love the good and the service. They noticed it was my birthday so they put candles on my dessert which was nice of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhSadsapDined on 4/10/2014Perhaps restaurant week menus are ill fated, but nothing about the three course dinners my girlfriend and I had knocked our socks off. When I spend more money and ingest more courses than I normally would, I want it to be a new and interesting experience. None of the food was bad, however some was bland and in general underwhelming.Special Features:
- Amazing dinner!foodloverVIPDined on 4/8/2014Lark is a cozy and comfortable neighborhood gem. There are cocktails and a good wine list. The food is incredible! Artisanally prepared with the finest ingredients, creative combinations of flavors and just yummy!!! The plates are meant to be shared which we love! Pacific Northwest tapas .. One of the most memorable dining experiences on ages! LOVE Lark!!Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerLuLuDined on 4/6/2014I took my husband here for his birthday as well as to try Restaurant Week on a Sunday evening. The food was absolutely terrific and the service was so nice and so considerate and pleasant. We sat by the window and enjoyed the street view. Wine was very good. I highly recommend Lark for a lovely evening dinner. I would avoid Friday or Saturday night due to the parking challenge but Sunday evening didn't prove terribly bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good ExperienceFischer22Dined on 4/5/2014The spinach and wild mushrooms dishes were fantastic! Just wish we got a bit more of them... Will go back.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerAustinDined on 4/4/2014I brought my girlfriend here for her birthday, as well as a surprise proposal. Not only was the food excellent, but the service was outstanding. We were sitting next to a couple of regulars so we had the pleasure to mingle with the owner. Truly a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Cozy and DeliciousSeattleGalDined on 4/4/2014Lark is a romantic gem with outstanding offerings. Small to medium plates skillfully created. The halibut was to die for! Perfect for an evening out with your loved one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capitol Hill great small platesWallasweetVIPDined on 4/2/2014Food is great, seats could be a little more comfortable.Special Features:
- Outstanding quality...uniqueJayPDined on 4/2/2014Outstanding quality...unique selections...great gem in the heart of the citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.