926 12th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larkseattle.com/
- Phone: 2063235275
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Northwest
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
A word from Lark
Welcome to Chef John Sundstrom’s Lark, one of the Pacific Northwest’s premier, artisan-focused restaurants. Located in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood, Lark offers a warm dining experience meant to be shared with friends and family. Our menu features small plates of locally-produced and organic cheese, charcuterie, vegetables, grains, fish, and meats, all prepared with a signature focus on flavor and quality. We work with local artisans, farmers, and foragers to serve the best of each season, bright and intense with summer and spring, rich and heartening in the winter and fall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lark reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (133)special occasion (94)neighborhood gem (92)romantic (83)notable wine list (38)good for groups (15)hot spot (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- DwliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Food was amazing. Service was okay not bad just okay. Although he did pair our dishes quite well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014The food was perfect, portions just right. Wine list was interesting but not overwhelming. Service was friendly but not invasive - wait staff was very sensitive to timing. We definitely plan on returning for special occasions and just for a great meal out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie from BallardjsfoodieDined on 9/25/2014The food was superb as usual. On our last visit, the squab with radicchio and bacon roasted black figs was a wonderful pairing. I would love to know how they prepared the radicchio as they were able to remove the bitterness that I find unpleasant in cooked radicchio. Haven't found anything I haven't liked yet. Their pairings are unusual and the flavors are layered. Noise level was higher on our last visit then normal (is usually moderate) - but the restaurant was filled to capacity with several large parties. Didn't distract from the wonderful food or the superb service. Looking forward to seeing the new space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good small platesOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/20/2014We all did the 5 course meal and while the servings were small, they were flavorful and rich. It was nice to leave not completely overstuffed but certainly full. Great service too.Special Features:
- An anniversary dinner must!!ejddseattleDined on 9/20/2014Tried the bounty tasting menu, recommend the 5 tasting for only $15 more....paired with a great bottle of wine, it was a night to remember!! They were also very accommodating to make any dish dairy free! Very great restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!LikegoodfoodDined on 9/19/2014I've had the Lark cookbook for a while. A gift from a friend. This is my first chance to get to the restaurant itself. Everything was absolutely delicious. I over ordered and over ate and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and simplePripriDined on 9/19/2014You have to order about 3 dishes per person at least, so we ordered about 6 dishes between the two of us. The green beans were surprisingly tasty! And so was the wagyu beef. Other highlights was the octopus with farro! I loved all the 6 dishes, the server was very attentive and polite and it was just a cozy, small restaurant, which made everything feel unpretentious yet romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of TownersLGSCDined on 9/19/2014. LARK had been recommended to us when we visited Seattle. The only negative of the evening was finding the place. We had the address, but because we didn't know the area, we initially overshot the address, and did not readily see a sign on the building. That said, when we got inside we were warmly greeted, seated at a choice table, and well served. First, we had a recommended wine &cheese. They were great. Then, we each had one of the entrees. I had the salmon. It was tasty with a complementary sauce; just enough to add to the fish, but not overpowering. My husband had the steak, he loved it. Overall, it was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This restaurant was such a treat. My husband and I were visiting from San Diego and I picked it because it's on the iDine program. We took the bus and walked quite a ways just to come! The menu looked unique and decadent and the food was exactly that. We chose to go our own route and not do the prix fixed meal. Wagyu tartare and foie gras were our favorites. The cheese menu was lovely, one of my favorite foods! The service was attentive and knowledgeable. The decor was rustic/simple but romantic and nicely done. I have not one thing to say negative - except that there isn't a location in San Diego :)Special Features:
- Outstanding All AroundAirplaneNerdDined on 9/13/2014We came for a fancy romantic night out and were not disappointed in the least. We ordered the Five Course Chef's Bounty and every dish was outstanding - each better than the last. The wine suggestion paired very nicely as well. Service was fantastic and pacing of the courses was spot on.Special Features:
- Charming,charming, charming14lochlassVIPDined on 9/7/2014A delightful experience!! We highly recommend the Chinook Cabernet Franc to compliment your dinner. Delicious food, wonderful service and a very charming atmosphere. A dining highlight of our Seattle trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and foodPaulSeaOneVIPDined on 9/5/2014Lark serves outstanding food and is easily a top three in Seattle. The flavors are creative, fresh, and just yummy. The service is really dialed in to visit your table when you need something and to stay away otherwise. It's the only Seattle restaurant I trust to not press me on timing when I want to linger. The menu is not traditional starter/main/desert and is more small plate oriented so have some fun creating your experience or go with their suggested tasting menu. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Our favorite spot on Capitol HillwinnerwinnerchickendinnerDined on 8/31/2014We've been going to Lark for special occasions and to treat ourselves for years, and we've always loved it. It just seems to get better and better. It's wonderful for seasonal dining- Chef Sundstrom is awesome at making every ingredient taste like the perfect version of itself.Special Features:
- amazing, honest!MaggieDined on 8/31/2014in from out of town to visit a friend from graduate school. we had a great weekend of food adventures. by far, hands down, the best-- lark. menu was amazing. server was so helpful. would recommend 3 dishes per person, and definitely share! do it big folks, order anything you want and i promise you won't be disappointed. gnocchi, salmon, octopus, tuna, squab, cheese spread, cheesecake, do it. you won't regret!Special Features:
- A GemOrangeManDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant, tucked into a neighborhood next to Seattle University, is fantastic. In a relaxed atmosphere, fantastic Tapas-style food is served. The sautéed wild mushrooms are the best any of us at the table have EVER had, including two of us who are not lovers of mushrooms! The lamb was incredible. The salmon was as flavorful as you will ever taste. This is one of top 3 dining experiences I have ever had. Strongly recommend.Special Features:
- Best dinner we had in SeattleHappytravelsDined on 8/28/2014We tried Rays and Ivers but they came no where near lark in terms of food or service. An excellent menu and service and a lovely space. I will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lark is a SparkDiscerningVerneDined on 8/23/2014Great and inventive food. Timing of plate delivery was perfect. Way too noisy and disruptive to complete enjoyment. Acoustic tiles woul blend well with exposed rafters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulouscabgoesleftVIPDined on 8/20/2014Everything was excellent. Food, wine, all very very good. ok, the service was fair. not great. But overall, really, really good! Definitely go!Special Features:
- Great food and a value wine listGeorgeDined on 8/20/2014I took finicky visitors from Japan and we were all very impressed with the quality of the food and the great bang for the buck wine list. A very lovely evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014Lark has lived up to its reputation as one of Seattle's great restaurants. The concept of small plates served family style is such a refreshing way to dine. Ambience, wine list, service were all terrific. But the main event was the food - sublime. It was an evening to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great start, but service declinedRaybandenverDined on 8/10/2014Dinner for five got off to a great start, very appealing food presentation and quality, pleasant service, etc. But, during the course of the evening, as more tables were filled, service dropped from an 8/9 to a 2/3. Correctable, but at this price-point it should not have happened!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go backLeslieDined on 8/10/2014We expected the small plate menu, however we were shocked the prices. The chair I was sitting in was so rickety that I was sure it wouldn't last through the meal. For the kind of money they charge the furnishings should have been a higher quality. Would not recommend to anyone. There are so many good restaurants in Seattle there isn't any hyping about this one that would justify going back.Special Features:
- A great findREMlckDined on 8/9/2014A fabulous find. Interesting, well prepared plates. A nice variety of choices. Outstanding service. Finding a wine from Gratallops, Priorat on the menu made a good evening great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner spotJohnR7Dined on 8/9/2014Outstanding and interesting small plates served family style. Clearly not just another nice restaurant but something special.Special Features:
- Totally UnderwhelmingZRDaveDined on 7/27/2014Tapas - small plates at entre prices. Food was OK but way over priced for the serving size. I ordered the King Salmon ($25). Dish consisted of 2 oz.portion of salmon, about 4 quarters of a small potato, a few thumbnail pieces of mushroom, and about 5 baby string beans in a nice sauce. One of those restaurants where you want to stop for a burger on the way home after spending $100 for dinner.
- Perfect PunctuationHungrySeedsDined on 7/27/2014After a wonderful Seattle Sunday spent watching a show at the Paramount and exploring the city's downtown area on foot, we headed to Lark for our 5:45pm reservation. The hostess and Sam, our server, were unhurried and warm. We ordered the heritage tomato salad, burrata with cherries and beets, sauteed wild mushrooms and the hanger steak. Superb. Well timed. And we just couldn't pass up the dark chocolate panna cotta. Also, I have to say the music this evening was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodmartindiningDined on 7/25/2014The food was very good, a bit salty. Portions are small but two portions per person are enough. The type of dishes are "specialty," and you can only find them in restaurants like this oneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loudness overwhelmed the good foodculinatorVIPDined on 7/25/2014It took a while to navigate the best way to order from the menu. While we were encouraged to order family style, some dishes did not lend them to sharing, but the food was very good. Unfortunately, the smallish restaurant was packed and extremely noisy, to such an extent that it negatively impacted our overall experience.Special Features:
- hapynekoDined on 7/25/2014it was my first dinner at Lark but I impressed so much for all dishes. I like much more than Tom Doyuglas dishes. My VIP guest fro TYO had also impressed all your food. The both of us paurchased your Cooking Book. I like to back Lark again because you are so good. After I read your book my tears were coming. I also like you use local foods from NW. I like to know you don't like to use any foods material from oversea like Japan?Special Features:
- Stands out from the Crowd7thSxDined on 7/23/2014With so many great restaurants to go to in Seattle and perhaps limited days at your disposal how do you decide? In our case we were recommended by the restaurant voted number one. There can be no better recommendation and we were not disappointed. We were made to feel genuinely welcome, full and helpful explanations of the excellent menu was given by staff who were mtivated to ensure that the meal would not be forgotten. And it won't be.Special Features:
- Lives up to it's reputationMKONCAPHILLDined on 7/22/2014I'd heard so many great things about Lark, and they still exceeded my recommendations in every way. The servers were intelligent, discreet, attentive and helpful. They proactively came up with a number of options for my vegan girlfriend. The food was beyond excellent.Special Features:
- Food was over salted and burnedluvgoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014We were really disappointed with our meal. Everything was over salted by the chef. I could even't eat one of the salads it was so salty. Three of our dishes were also burnt. Our fried artichokes were black as was the nectarine tart tatin. The dishes were ambitious but poorly executed. We were very disappointed particularly given the price of our meal. I would not recommend Lark.
- Spot on!OntheGoutTrainDined on 7/15/2014Our final meal in Seattle and we went out with a bang! We found Lark in several "Best of" lists, and decided it would be worth crossing town for. Except for one joyfully intoxicated salesman across the room, it was pretty quiet even as it filled up. We had an excellent, graceful server who interacted with us beautifully, pacing the meal perfectly for us, and very patient with us and our list of questions about ingredients, educating us without any of that haggard foodie pretense. The meal was sublime. One dish was just "meh", but I can't remember what it was because the rest eclipsed it (it was not even remotely bad!) Seattle has an abundance of good food, but next time I'm there I may skip a new experience and come back here for a repeat!Special Features:
- a cut aboveBenEDined on 7/13/2014everything at this restaurant is stellar! My family (party of six) had the five course Evergreen Tasting option from the menu. Stellar service, Stellar food, Stellar space! I'd recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:
- DELICIOUSSDSDDined on 7/13/2014Food was really good- all dishes we had were very tasty and memorable. Simply delicious.Special Features:
- Our Family's Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014We have been going to Lark a couple of times a year for the last four, or so, years, and have loved the experience each time. The food is outstanding, the sharing is fun and the staff is knowledgeable, thoughtful and attentive. It is spendy for the size of plates you get, but the quality of the dishes make it well worth it. We always take our kids (now 13 and 15), and the staff has never ignored them or talked around/down-to them. That is a huge deal when trying to get kids to try new things, and speaks to the professionalism of the staff.Special Features:
- ScottyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014Fabulous place!! Amazing food. The eel was amazing and the farro was heavenly. Service was outstanding and everyone was very friendly. I will be back next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014My 3rd time to Lark. Food is consistently excellent, as well as the service. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- The full menu shinesShazDined on 7/2/2014I had eaten at Lark twice before, but always as part of their fixed course/price menu as part of restaurant week. This time I went for whatever looked most tempting from their full menu and my dinning experience went from just good to phenomenal! The braised octopus, the foie gras, the Wagyu tartare. It was all top notch. Not a single miss all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful EveningHappyCamperDined on 7/2/2014Everything was right. We were greeted warmly and seated promptly. I think it was the owner that waited on us and he was superb. We like the small plates due to the diversity of flavors. Several of our plates were knockouts - all were good. Good wine reasonably priced. This was our second time at Lark and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.