Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington
5525 Concord Pike
Wilmington, DE 19803Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3024797970x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tim Baker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Tuesday through Sunday in lounge.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)romantic (70)notable wine list (54)good for groups (46)fit for foodies (39)vibrant bar scene (30)neighborhood gem (26)hot spot (19)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (11)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2014Excellent service by ENTIRE staff. Great wine recommendation in the Von Strasser Cabernet. Food is always consistently GREAT!Special Features:
- Graduation dinnerGuilford1Dined on 5/30/2014Excellent experience our party of 6 was lead to a rectangle table but when we asked to switch to round we were immediately accommodated. Excellent service. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerSnookumDined on 5/30/2014I was there with 4 others, being from Florida, we asked our conceirge at the Hotel for a recommendation for dinner, and he suggested Sullivans. We were their for our Grandson's Graduation, the food was excellent as well as the service. The restaurant was very busy, however the waitress and staff were very attentive and very professional. If we are ever back in Wilmington that would be our choice of restaurants, thank you,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really made over usTrubyDined on 5/29/2014It was our 20th wedding anniversary and they sent out raspberry champaign and a special dessert. We will come back frequently.Special Features:
- The following 1675 reviews are from the Sullivan's Steakhouse - Wilmington reviews archive.
- DisappointingCountess6Dined on 5/23/2014From soup (no seafood in bisque), to salad (boring 5 year old creation) to a new fish entree that was bland, with canned mandarins... One word. Disappointing.
- Great Date NightLuv2goWineDineDined on 5/21/2014We really enjoyed the service attentiveness. The food was excellent and the delivery of the various courses was timed perfectly, not rushed nor delayed, a great rhythm for a nice romantic evening. The wine list was truly extensive but not overwhelming or too pricy. We enjoyed a very nice Merlot. Ambience was a nice setting with reasonably muted background chatter but comfortably isolated. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakDukeaneVIPDined on 5/17/2014Great selection of super prime steak. Great service and uptempo atmosphere. Gotta love the tax free check at the end of dinner as we'll. you don't get that in the Philly steakhouses!Special Features:
- Good foodannem302Dined on 5/17/2014The food was good, but the restaurant was noisy, and the service was just adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sullivans is deliciouslovesteakDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I come to Sullivan's to celebrate our Anniversary every year. The food is amazing and the service is delightful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much better this time..OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/15/2014Last time we went to Sullivan's was in early December it was a really really bad meal.. My sister had the same experience .a week earlier !!! This time it was excellent !!!! Thank You for being back the old manager ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All aroundjimjacDined on 5/13/2014Sullivans is a great place to bring a family or friend. The food is the best around. I have also done some final "closings" with perspective employees and have hired them on the spot at Sullivans. Overall, great food, and great service.Special Features:
- brunch on First mother's daycorporatefanDined on 5/11/2014I took my wife and our newborn baby to Sullivan's to celebrate her first mothers day. There was a very reasonably priced brunch fixed price menu that included 3 courses. It had several choices and everything was delicious. The pace was nice and the service was excellent. I look forward to going back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014The restaurant was packed and noisy to were you could not hear your parties conversation. Service was slow, delayed betwen courses. Food was good. The manager bought dessert which was a nice gesture however it didn't make our experience there worth the while
- AdelVIPDined on 5/10/2014As usual the food and service are consistently excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gristle and FatNeveragainDined on 5/9/2014This is the second time we have eaten at Sullivan's in Wilmington. Never again. Each time our steaks were filled with gristle and fat. The flavor was excellent but the cut of meat was terrible. When I pay 40+ dollars for a steak I expect to be able to eat it.
- Dinner for TwosamiVIPDined on 5/8/2014Recent dinner for two was mixed. My wife had a Salad (mediocre) and an excellent Filet Mignon. I had an excellent Tuna appetizer and mediocre Rib Eye Steak (very fatty and Grizzly). I was disappointed with the Steak and had better at Outback at almost half the price. The total bill with a glass of wine and two sides (creamed spinach and mashed potato- very good) was $123.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious specialsCluneyDined on 5/7/2014Had a great meal here entertaining a guest from Europe - wine recommendation was wonderful and specials were delightful as was the creme brûlée (perfection!)Special Features:
- Nice placeMCK1VIPDined on 5/6/2014Ate here by myself on a business trip. Food was very good. Liked their pre-fix menu option very much. Service could have been better but it was still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicejohnnyDined on 5/4/2014Visited on May 4. The food was very good and the waitstaff was excellent.Special Features:
- great dinnerAnniversaryDined on 5/2/2014The evening was outstanding great food, drink, service and company. Wonderful Anniversary with RenéeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodEllenDined on 4/27/2014Sullivan's in Wilmington is a consistently good place to go for dinner! The prices on the menu continue to rise and I hope they don't price themselves out of the market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinner experienceKennyta2Dined on 4/23/2014The whole experience was great . The service was friendly by far the best Sullivan's I've been to .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great mealmovielady302Dined on 4/22/2014We love Sullivan's. The food is always outstanding and the service is as well. When we went this time, we were celebrating out 35th wedding anniversary and they included a free slice of cheesecake for us! Our waitress was also kind enough to send us a card after out visit telling us it was a pleasure to serve us on our anniversary and thanking us for spending it with them. One of our favorite side dishes at Sullivan's is the creamed corn...it is unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service standards have declinedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014Sullivans was a regular stop for me in the last few years. Approximately a year ago, I went and was less than impressed. Something just seemed to be off from the regular impeccable service and food I expect from a restaurant in the price point of Sullivans. So I took a break. Then I went back about 6 months ago figuring maybe it was an off night. It wasn't. Same thing. While the food was very good, the service was still lacking. Finally, after having received some gift cards from the boss, decided to give it another try. Well, they say the third time is the charm, and by charm I mean last time. If I am dropping that kind of money on dinner, I expect service to match the prices and it didn't.Special Features:
- Del frisco's is much better.Ac33Dined on 4/19/2014The waitress reccomend the kc strip but it was very dry. I should of stayed with my original choice which was the ribeye. It took a very long time to get our drinks. The place was very noisy, They put us right by the service station. We were out for our anniversary so it wasn't what I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!SullyVIPDined on 4/19/2014Celebrated our Anniversary and EVERYTHING was GREAT! Can't wait to go back and enjoy another evening.Special Features:
- Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014We were seated immediately, and our server was at our table side as soon as we were seated. Our server, Christopher, was very friendly and attentive. Our meal was served in a very timely manner. I have no problem in recommending this restaurant to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What we expectedGDudeDined on 4/19/2014Looking for a good American steakhouse? This is it. Consistent quality food Nd service, we can rely on Sullivan's to deliver a great steak time after time. Tasty side dishes enhance the experience and round out the meal. While the dining room is large, the noise ambience is a bit high for comfortable conversation. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but priceyRJMCCORDined on 4/19/2014The food at Sullivan's is always excellent but you'll pay for it. If you can avoid having a drink with your meal you'll save $$$ as the cocktails are relatively more expensive than the meals.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/19/2014AS always food and service were excellent. We had an small child with us and the wait staff, especially our waiter Vince, couldn't have been nicer about taking care of her.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014We have enjoyed every dining experience we've had with Sullivan's. The food is outstanding, as well as the service and atomoshere!Special Features:
- GoodDiningOutDined on 4/18/2014Our experience at Sullivan's Steakhouse was very good. I ordered the braised beef ravioli, with a bbq sauce, a bit different, I must say. When it came out, and I found the sauce a bit spicy, the manager came over and asked what type of sauce I would like. I asked about a brown sauce. When it came back out, it was very good.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionswingnutDined on 4/16/2014A very nice restaurant for special occasions. A bet pricey for regular dining.Special Features:
- Sullivan's NEVER disappoints!SMTSrDined on 4/13/2014Sullivan's NEVER disappoints! The food is ALWAYS Great...Special Features:
- Pricey but worth itCindyDined on 4/13/2014Sullivan's is a fantastic special occasion spot. Everything was great!Special Features:
- Great food at a good price!PattyDined on 4/12/2014My husband and I had the pre fixe menu which was just right for us. The steak was perfect, mashed potatoes excellent and the cheesesteak eggrolls were delicious. Our server was very attentive to our needs. Highly recommend it!!!Special Features:
- Always ConsistentblondejakeDined on 4/12/2014We go to Sullivan's when we want a great meal and feel like it is a special night out. Get the knockout Martini, always a must! Our steaks were cooked to perfection and the calamari appetizer is a staple.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Food is excellent! Staff has always been top notch to me.Special Features:
- satnightspecialDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I had another wonderful evening dinner at Sullivan's. The food was great and the waiter John did all we could ask for. This being our favorite resturant we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, too loudLindaJPSDined on 4/12/2014We were sitting right up against the kitchen, and it was L-O-U-D. So loud, that the three of us in our party had a hard time hearing one another. I ordered salmon (which I've done in the past and always enjoyed), but this time it was bland and tasteless. Very disappointing. The salad was very bitter and the dressing just so-so. This is my fourth visit to Sullivan's and definitely not the usual experience. Not sure I'll be returning anytime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.