Papaya - Buffalo
118 W Chippewa St
Buffalo, NY 14202-2007Neighborhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: $30 and under
Papaya - Buffalo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.papayarestaurant.biz/
- Phone: 7168562444x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thu: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Friday: 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat: 3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Sun: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Southeast Asian, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Papaya - Buffalo
Papaya restaurant is a sophisticated, casual yet elegant destination for exquistely prepared Southeast Asian cuisine. Whether you are looking for a relaxing evening in the restaurant or perhaps a casual date at the bar, Papaya is the place to be.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Papaya - Buffalo reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)fit for foodies (7)romantic (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (5)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Amazing Butter FishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014I can't desciribe how delectible the Miso something, something Butter Fish was - pure heaven! Portion size could be larger, but just order a couple wonderful rolls for starters or try some of the best Pad Thai and you won't leave wanting. The service was spot on and I can't say enough about how pleasurable the food was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!4goodfoodDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food and service! Great for party or a a quiet dinner for two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I have been here several times and the food has always been ok but really we've always liked the service, atmosphere, and some of the signature cocktails. This is the first horrible experience we ever had. Bottom line - sushi rolls were bland even with soy sauce. My husband ordered a Coke during the appetizer and I ordered a drink. She brought them after we were done eating and we had already asked the busser to wrap up our food. Yes, that's right, AFTER. So.... 20 minutes later. Then she had the audacity to charge us. Honestly, I couldn't believe it. The drink, fine, but the coke, no way.
- Downtown BuffaloniagaraDined on 10/4/2014We went to Papaya for an early supper before attending the nearby Irish Classical Theatre. The food was good is not outstanding and the service was excellent. The place was only half full due to the day and time so things were quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulFiegs12VIPDined on 9/23/2014I am a frequent customer of Papaya as I work and live downtown. They have the best Pad Thai I have ever had. The restaurant itself is impeccably clean and the servers are always friendly, knowledgable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected great!LiubankaDined on 9/20/2014I would definatly recommend this restaurant to everyone. We were family of five with kids. I didn t expect much, because their rolls are better than in Toronto ( do not remember name, but I always ask in restaurants what they recommend), duck was fantastic,and rice with shrimps blow me away. 5 main dishes with 5 drinks - usd 100. Couldn't be better) definatly will com back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiftyKnitterDined on 9/20/2014Papaya was located close to our hotel downtown and seems in a good location for downtown for visitors. I tried the unami roll, which was light and clean tasting. I also got the butterfish, which I highly recommend. The eggroll that came with the meal combined shrimp with mozzerella, which was a combination I was not expecting, but was surprisingly delicious with a little bit of heat. I got to try the Korean Short Ribs as well, which I feel was the best thing I tried there, the meat was flavorful and juicy, and seemed to just melt into your mouth. I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- The following 10 reviews are from the Papaya - Buffalo reviews archive.
- Good food but slowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Butterfish dish was very good, crab rolls were just OK. The restaurant was not busy at all and the food took FOREVER to come out. About 30 minutes for the apps (a couple sushi rolls and a bowl of soup). Then about another 15 for the entrees. I might expect this if the restaurant was slammed, but there was only about 4 other tables dining.
- Love this restaurant!FoodiegirlDined on 4/2/2014Papaya is a fabulous place to go out and have a good time. Whether it's with family, friends, your spouse, it's perfect for all occasions. The staff is great and knows their menu. They recommend the best dishes. I love coming here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findKatyaDined on 3/29/2014We were on a quick trip to Buffalo - romantic evening without the kids, and looking for unique eats. Papaya was exactly what we were looking for. The food was delicious - the soup wasn't exceptional, but solid, the Calamari outstanding, cooked to perfection and divine sauce. The Basil Shrimp entree was recommended when I was waffling between two entrees, and had an incredible depth of flavors. The Bento box is good for people who want to sample. Service was exceptional. Although the restaurant wasn't packed, the waiter asked us whether we had theater tickets (which we did) and made sure that we had plenty of time without being the least bit rushed. Whether you already like Asian cuisine or are new to the food, great place, reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongJohnKVIPDined on 3/8/2014We love Papaya... Great service and food. You can't go wrong for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & Great PricesNaplesdinerVIPDined on 3/5/2014Some of the best food we have ever had. Prices are really good also. Food is simply outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMattDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I had Valentine's Day dinner here. It was fantastic. They had a 4 course special for Valentine's Day for $75 a couple including a bottle of wine! Every course we had was great. It was Asian cuisine mixed with American cuisine. I would recommend Papaya to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day DinnerDandiDined on 2/14/2014We had a table of 4 for Valentines Day Dinner. I used OpenTable to reserve about 3 days prior. When we checked in at the host stand, the hostess told me that I had only made the reservation for 2 but that they could accommodate us, it would just be a few minutes. (I did check my email confirmation after this discussion, only to verify that I did in fact make the reservation for 4 people....) We waited by the bar for maybe 15 minutes or so then our table was ready. We ordered from the special Valentines day menu. No one at the table really like the soup (it had a strong odor, but the taste was not bad) but the sushi and entrees were both delicious! Our server was incredible and overall we had an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short and sweetMikeVIPDined on 1/23/2014Great food, very nice items on the menu to choose from.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastymavfanDined on 1/11/2014Went there for my wife's birthday. Two drinks, sushi, dumplings, two main courses and a dessert. With tip we were just over $100. TremenTremendous food. We'll be back!Special Features:
- New Year's EveSharelnDined on 12/31/2013A group of us did New Year's Eve dinner (late night) for a change of scene. It was a great idea. Everyone enjoyed it. Papaya has always been a favorite of mine. We were seated right away, the food was great as always. The restaurant was almost at full capacity from what I could tell, and we had such a good time the New Year crept in on us before we had a chance to leave and head to our next destination. So we brought the New Year in at the restaurant. We plan on coming back NYE 2014.Special Features: