220 Kirkland Avenue
Kirkland, WA 98033Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trellisrestaurant.net/
- Phone: 4252845900x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: Monday-Friday: 6:00am - 10:30am; Weekends: 6:00am-2:00pm
LUNCH: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:00pm; Weekends: Additional lunch items to Weekend Breakfast menu available from 10:00am until 2 pm
DINNER: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm -9:00pm
CRUSH HOUR: Daily from 4:00pm – 6:00pm.
THE FRONT PORCH AT THE HEATHMAN:
Open June - October, 7 Days a week (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Scheehser, a James Beard Award Nominee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site catering for groups over 8 people are held at The Heathman Hotel. Our Private Dining Sales Managers are seasoned professionals in the art of planning and executing parties for any and all social and corporate occasions. We are dedicated to surpassing your expectations and making each event or festivity distinctive, graceful and memorable. Private Dining fare is provided exclusively through Trellis and consists of the same offerings you would enjoy while dining in the actual restaurant. Experience a unique event or meeting at The Heathman Hotel, where service is truly an art.
- Private Party Facilities: Within The Heathman Hotel is The San Juan Ballroom. Divisible into three sections for a total of 2,100 square feet, the Ballroom is a chic, elegant venue. The ballroom features modern chandeliers and ambient spot lighting, enhanced by a window wall of natural lighting, warming the teak paneling and stylish décor. This ballroom can be transformed into a sophisticated setting for weddings, receptions or corporate galas. Other event space include the beautiful 600 square-foot Cascade Room with adjoining 400 square-foot Library, as well as several private rooms ranging from 320-530 square feet. All are flexible, free flowing event spaces that can be set up in a variety of styles and layouts. Rooms feature Sharp Aquos Interactive Boards, which may be used for projection or power point presentations. Interior colors and touches are focused on warm, neutral colors with textures of rich caramel and brown shades.
- Private Party Contact: Belinda Jensen (425)284-5912 x
- Cross Street: 3rd Street
- Public Transit: The Public Transit Mall is 1/2 block from the hotel's front door.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking for Trellis is provided within The Heathman Hotel. There is additional street parking surrounding Trellis & The Heathman Hotel.
Live within a 4 mile radius & have a confirmed reservation? Our chauffeurs will be happy to escort you to & from your location in our luxury, Hybrid SUV for free!
A word from Trellis
Trellis is a wine country style restaurant featuring innovative farm to table cuisine – much of it grown in Chef Brian Scheehser’s 10 acre farm in Woodinville. Trellis offers a farm-fresh, robust menu that evolves with the seasons in providing only food and drink that celebrate small scale, artisan products at the height of their seasonal quality. Trellis has an enviable Kirkland downtown location at The Heathman Hotel.Continued
3 for 33: JOIN US AT TRELLIS SUNDAY & MONDAY NIGHTS FOR A 3 COURSE SEASONAL MENU FOR $33.
SUNDAY & MONDAY NIGHTS- Any bottle of wine on our list at 1/2 price.
3 for 33: JOIN US AT TRELLIS SUNDAY & MONDAY NIGHTS FOR A 3 COURSE SEASONAL MENU FOR $33.
SUNDAY & MONDAY NIGHTS- Any bottle of wine on our list at 1/2 price.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Trellis - Best Restaurants in Kirkland ›
Trellis reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (35)great for outdoor dining (33)special occasion (31)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (17)good for groups (17)romantic (15)great for brunch (12)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- TrellisMidwestgirlVIPDined on 11/3/2013We always have an amazing meal at Trellis!! The food, service and wine are always wonderful. We enjoy a good date night out, or usually bring out of town company to dinner there. Wally was an amazing waiter!! He remembered us from the last time we were there and gave us great service again! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Top-notch all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2013My daughter and I had a wonderful dinner at The Trellis! We chose the restaurant because of the focus on locally grown, organic and hormone/pesticide-free foods. The selection was impressive. Our server was very attentive without being 'in the way'. The food was superb and our booth cozy and private. At times we each closed our eyes and said 'mmmm' as we savored our winter squash soup, beef tips and free-range chicken entrees. :) Always a good sign! I will definitely come back next time I am visiting my daughter in the Seattle area. LauraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Service on the1st of NovemberAnnieo2Dined on 11/1/2013The Service on the1st of November was terrible. We had to ask another server if she would help us. She told our server. He eventually showed up. Too long of a lunch hour for the three of us due to the servers laxness.Special Features:
- Trellis more than meets expectationrebaDined on 10/18/2013I send monthly discounts to clients and the one for October was Trellis. A few of the people who used it began posting photos online of some amazing meals, including 2 that had chosen the seafood soup. Seeing it, I immediately booked dinner for me and my hubby. Don't let the name "soup" fool you, it's way more than that and it's more like a seafood smorgasbord with salmon, mussles, clams, and shrimp. We also had the wine platter appetizer with tasty meats/cheese/arugula and the most finely sliced bread chips I've ever seen. My own tomahawk steak was more than impressive in looks and taste. At 22oz, I have leftovers that are lasting several days. With a wine list that isn't too long, or too short, there are some fantastic options available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to Table the Real DealVegheadfoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2013I normally eschew any restaurant located in a hotel but Trellis is lovely and feels like it is separate entity. Many fine food restaurants only offer gnocchi or risotto for vegetarians but Trellis also had a delicious farro tomato dish. Appetizers and salads great and a nice wine list too. Our server was slow and we sat in the outdoor covered area which was very noisy and not terribly pleasant. I recommend sitting inside. All in all a good find and we look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular experience!!LauraBDined on 10/4/2013Really wonderful experience. Promptly seated. Courteous service. Amazing, organic, sustainable food selection. Will definitely tell friends and family about this place and can't wait to try breakfast and lunch there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite goodShmooDined on 10/1/2013We go to Trellis regularly and reliably find the Mussels and the Trout excellent. Our luck with the rest of the menu has been off and on - occasionally being good but just as often being uninteresting. This last visit - however - was top to bottom excellent with the food. The fresh garden vegetables in particular brought a real zing to the meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotwoodinvillemomDined on 9/22/2013The food at Trellis is always enjoyable. It isn't Cafe Juanita-good, but it is enjoyable, fresh, and local. I was disappointed in our service initially but things seemed to get better as the evening went on. Nice dessert selection and good coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant. OurswissmissDined on 9/21/2013I love this restaurant. Our food was delicious especially the veal chop. Our server was very charming but first drinks took over 20 minutes. Way too slow. At 8pm all the specials were gone so that was disappointing. I will come back again though. I loved the food and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2013Our server seemed to be on commission as he pushed an oversized steak and a very expensive red wine. The food and wine was overpriced, the service was hit and misses at best, and the entrees lacked that extra “something”. In the end, we were very disappointed in our dinner and even more so once we got our check. We have dined at other restaurants nearby that offered more flavorful dinner, better service, and at a far more reasonable price.Special Features:
- Good choice for date nightgmanDined on 9/7/2013A nice, fancy restaurant without having to drive all the way to Seattle. Good for date nights or special occasions. A lot of their menu comes from locally-owned farms, which is nice. They have a great wine list featuring WA wines, which is good since the best red wines on Earth come from WA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening with seasonal foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2013We had a delicious seasonal dinner at Trellis. Tasty and interesting with very good service. We'll return.Special Features:
- Always goodPjacrouxVIPDined on 9/6/2013We live nearby and come here four or five times a year. We would come more often but the menu is limited and doesn't change very often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2013We've eaten lunch and dinner at Trellis quite a few times over the years, and it's always very good. "Farm fresh" means exactly that, grown on the chef's own farm, and they source the fish and meat locally. The trout is always wonderful, I've enjoyed the duck, and the other night all four of us had the salmon, which was cooked and sauced perfectly. I'm not a big fan of watercress, on which it came, but our friends loved that as well. The caesar salad was delicious, more than enough for two to share, and both desserts (mixed fruit cobbler and chocolate mousse) were winners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2013Our second time here. Again, the food was perfect. The chef uses his 10 acre farm to supply the restaurant and what a farm it must be. Everything is fresh and perfectly prepared. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trellis never disappoints ! !!VLFGVIPDined on 8/23/2013We have loved Chef Bryan Scheeser for many years....He is the BEST ! ! ! ! We LOVED him at the Hunt Club in The Sorrento Hotel....and he continues to be without peer at Trellis ! ! ! JUST PLAIN DELICIOUS !!! FRESH from HIS GARDEN ! ! ! ! WOW ! AND the Staff is Spectacular...every one of them ! ! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatnorthwestnativeDined on 8/20/2013This is our 3rd time to Trellis. The food and service has been uneven each time. The service has ranged from poor to good and the food from OK to great. When I think of farm to table dining, I think of places like Tilth where seemingly simple fresh ingredients are elevated to amazing "clean" flavor. Trellis has not hit this bar 2 out of 3 times. It's good food, but not great food. The salmon was overdone, the beet salad was lacking flavor - very disappointing given summer is when both should be fresh and bursting with flavor. The gnocchi and summer squash ravioli also were rather bland. I'd love to have a Tilth like experience in the eastside. Regrettably from my experience, it's not at that level despite the prices and promise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2013The dinner was a relaxed pace, great food and service. Will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2013The patio is nice in any weather; the food's usually great.The service is usually great, too, but on our last visit it was awful. The server brought a menu then vanished for 45 minutes while my husband, and then both of us, waited. After we finally were able to order, our appetizer - squash blossom flatbread - came promptly, but it took 5+ minutes to get pepper on the table (we had two salt shakers). We waited another 45 minutes for our food (huge but oddly minty crabcakes, squash ravioli topped with squash; we never got our ordered side). My ice cream sandwich came on a tiny plate, but the larger plate the server suggested didn't come until the ice cream was a melted mess. We've eaten here many times; I'm not sure we'll go back.Special Features:
- Wowed by TrellisOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 8/14/2013Five of us enjoyed lunch at Trellis on 8/14/13 and every one of us was wowed by the presentation, quality and fresh flavor of our meals. My tastebuds are still dreaming about the seared salmon on the Salmon Salad Nicoise. Soooo good. One lady almost couldn't finish the mountain of fresh crab on her Dungeness Crab Salad, but she willingly forced her way through it. The delicious and warm artisan bread and kalamata butter started off our taste treats and we all made sure to leave room for dessert. The profiteroles, lemon sage flan, lemon tart with frosted blackberries and the warm blackberry-apricot cobbler all were so artistically presented and tasted even better than they looked. For a great dining experience, come to Trellis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2013The food was great but the service was slow. We waited quit a while for food to come to the table and we had to wait for beverage refills. When we were done it took quit some time to receive our bill after we asked for it. Once we got the bill it was again quit some time for the server to return to take the bills for payment.Special Features:
- This place has a bigger reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2013This place has a bigger reputation than it deserves. Everything we ate was fine but not to write home about.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!ChristieDined on 8/5/2013I had wanted to visit Trellis for a long time because I love the farm to table concept of Chef Scheehser. Well I wasn't disappointed when some guests from out of town and I went -- the food was scrumptious and oh so fresh. Our server, Anna, was the best and it felt like we had our own private server. She explained the menu faultlessly and was a great help on the wine selection. Her assistant was also great and always noticing when we needed anything. I will go back and now know that Sunday and Monday there is a three courses for $33 offer as well as half price bottles of wine.Special Features:
- Always good !!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2013Service and food are excellent. I have never had a bad meal here. Recommend the Salmon Nicoise Salad. I would love to know how they grill the Salmon. It comes out moist and delicious every time.Special Features:
- I took my client there forfoodfanDined on 7/25/2013I took my client there for the supposed reputation. Two bottles of wine ordered were not in stock and the third, thanks to the waitress, was, while delicious, not our preferred wine. The pork chops were tough, the shrimp and sausage dish mediocre as was the duck. Bread was requested, dry. Will not bring another client back. The bill was in excess of $200 which, had my expectations been met, wouldn't have batted an eyelash, however, considering the above, felt could have had a WOW experience elsewhere. I want to reiterate, the waitress was EXCEPTIONAL.
- Trellis - food & people watchingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2013I've never had Duck before, so I thought I'd try it here. Their sustainable farm-to-table practice is fantastic. Super fresh vegetables. The brook trout was awesome.Special Features:
- best 3 course meals in eastsideOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/15/2013Very nice patio area and relaxed sofa seatings are perfect for lazily drinking wines and enjoying their modern Italian/American cuisine. It's inspired by Meditarranean style of cooking and offers variety of vegan/vegetarian options. Wines are extensive, it takes an army to locate the specific wine. If you are not careful, they will get you the wrong wine by mistake. It's your job to read the labels. They are hoping for you to not notice. Francesco, the manager does not make a mistakes in wines, though. He's there to organize them. My faves are portabella mushrooms and flat breads and their huge prawns and fish dishes.Special Features:
- Sunday is a great night tocatwomanDined on 7/14/2013Sunday is a great night to dine at Trellis. 50% off bottles of wine, you can splurge on a great bottle and not go broke!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone Was Very HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2013Dined with a group of six girlfriends and we all enjoyed our meals so much. The baby beet salad tasted so fresh, as did our halibut entree over fresh vegetables. I was hesitant to order the appetizer curry prawns but the curry was mild & the goat cheese was a perfect addition. Friends were also very happy with their cabbage & leek ravioli, risotto, chicken, and grilled asparagus. Just wish we'd had room for dessert! Will definitely recommend this restaurant & return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DiscoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2013Found Trellis on TripAdvisor's top 5 list for Kirkland and wanted to try some place new with a friend from out of town. Hostesses were very friendly and we sat in a booth on the window - love all the natural light. We were enjoying the quiet until a large lunch group came in - it can get quite loud with all the hard surfaces. My friend enjoyed her crab salad and my BBQ pork sandwich was delicious. My sandwich also came with the yummiest housemade chips, but the slaw was way too mustardy. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Trellis in the summerlunchladyDined on 7/10/2013The food at Trellis is locavore dining at its best. Most of the vegetables and greens are from the chef's own farm within 10 miles of the restaurant. For lunch, we chose the Front Porch, which is a pleasantly shaded and landscaped patio under a roof and set back and isolated from the street. However, it is at the corner of two well-traveled streets, so it is not necessarily quiet. The views are of nearby condos. Service was friendly and helpful. Dress is casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, as usual, was veryRickDined on 7/8/2013The food, as usual, was very inventive and well done, although one of the starters (cured halibut) had run out by the time we got to the restaurant @ 6:30 (which is relatively early). Unfortunately, the service was quite poor. It took a while for the waiter to take our order, and he forgot to bring our drinks (one beer, one wine) until I noticed we didn't have them at the end of the starter course. When my plate was cleared after the starters and the main course arrived, I noticed they hadn't replaced my fork and had to ask. We also had to ask for our desserts. I couldn't tell if it was inexperienced or over-worked staff, but it was the worst (slowest) service I'd ever had in a high end restaurant.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2013I have eaten at Trellis many times since it opened and sadly it has gone way down hill, both the food and the service. This is now the third occasion and probably the last that I will give it a try......and such a pity because it used to be awesome. Don't waste your time or your money. If you need a Kirkland restaurant try Volterra or Lynn's Bistro and there is always one of Seattles best spots, Cafe Juanita, but don't bother with Trellis!!
- Trellis was a great find...greatdebbieDined on 7/4/2013Trellis was a great find...great wine list. Appetizers very good!Special Features:
- Nicer family dinnerquincyDined on 7/4/2013We tried the Trellis based on reviews we'd read. It was a beautiful evening and we sat outside. The service was great, attentive without being intrusive. Unfortunately there wasn't anything special about the entrees that we selected. This was somewhat disappointing.
- Fresh innovative cuisineFoodandtnsLoverDined on 6/30/2013We always enjoy the fresh seasonal menu. The food is creative and each course has unique offerings. The Sunday-Monday $33 3-course dinner is a wonderful deal. The only misstep was that my husband's steak had to be returned for additional cooking. Otherwise a great choice and especially for al fresco dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try too hard...glenVIPDined on 6/21/2013Over the top waitress, with the app as nice and the specials...not the greatest but solid.
- CelebrationBayleyDined on 6/21/2013Always happy with the food at Trellis. This particular night was a little noisy as we were surrounded by two very large parties of very loud people. Was difficult to have a conversation at our table and to hear the server easily. It was possible to seat us another empty table so not sure why we were placed amidst these two groups. Very unsatisfying experience compared to other visits at Trellis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good, service is so-sojazzdadDined on 6/20/2013My wife and I went to Trellis for our anniversary, intrigued by the local grown menu and the ambience of the Heathman. #1 - It was raining and there was only one parking valet. Very frustrating, ended up parking myself and walking two blocks. #2 - We were seated on time, but right next to the open kitchen. All other tables were reserved for "bigger parties". The interior deco is nice, but the kitchen area could easily be screened off better. #3 - Appetizer of goat cheese, salumi, prosciutto - very good, but the rye crisps were REALLY thin and crumbled too easily. #4 - We had the hanger steak, med rare, and the trout - both were EXCELLENT. Dessert was cobbler, and creampuffs, both very good. Wait staff OK, but could be more attentive.
- Seattle gem ... in Kirkland!MaireconVIPDined on 5/29/2013This is one of Seattle's absolute BEST restaurants and easily worth the drive to the eastside! Inventive, healthy, fresh from the garden, gourmet delights await.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.