Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson
1785 East River Road
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5202994275x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jonny Ricketts
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Tuesday through Sunday
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)romantic (40)notable wine list (30)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (15)great for lunch (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Book FestivalLynnieDined on 3/15/2014We came from out of town and this restaurant was highly recommended. We were late for our reservation and they did their best to accomodate us. Very freindly wait staff and had very good knowledge of the wine list. Enjoyed the evening, just forgot to use my $25 certificate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to celebratewestenderVIPDined on 3/15/2014We have celebrated a birthday here for the past 3 years and enjoy it every time. This year, the service was as great as always, and we both enjoyed the prix fixe menu. Sensible portions and tasty food. The large staff were all in constant motion, serving, anticipating customers requests, clearing and resetting tables that were always full. A good place for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good for a chain steakhousedaveintucsonDined on 3/14/2014My usual standby for Steak in Tucson is Flemings, but we couldn't get in Friday night. We went to Sullivans. It was surprisingly empty on a Friday. It was very good!Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationSatisfied1Dined on 3/14/2014Vacationing in Tucson and was looking for a great restaurant to celebrate and we found it at Sullivan's! From the moment we arrived we were treated as special guests. Everyone was so friendly and nice! Our waitress was fantastic, so fun and knowledgeable. We would highly recommend this as a restaurant to visit and hope to return again! Thank you Sullivan's for making our special day so wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningJeffCDined on 3/9/2014Was looking for healthy small plates and was very satisfied with options offered by Sullivan's. I have been here for steaks in the past and it was great. This time I just wanted some small options and the wait server who was very knowledgeable to my health needs and provided details on how items were cooked. I was very impressed with my waiter and I loved the fact they are starting to carry some local craft beers from the area. It's nice to know that I can go to Sullivan's and have some apps or small plates and be treated like I was by the wait staff as if I was ordering a 45.00 steak. Classy place... Great people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why was this place so dead?ericdbrightVIPDined on 3/8/2014We hadn't been to Sullivan's in a while, as Tucson's budding food scene is growing at an incredible pace, but we happened to be in the area and booked a reservation. It didn't have the same feel that it did a few years ago; it felt like a steakhouse for seniors, because there were almost only older people there and the bar was dead. Our server was excellent, and the food was perfect. Our server gave us wine recommendations for our food and they paired quite well. My steak was cooked perfectly and our stone crab claws were meaty and delicious. This was an exceptional visit, and reminded me that this truly is one of the best places to eat in the city.Special Features:
- The staff were superb butKayeDined on 3/8/2014The staff were superb but the food wasn't up to what I've had in the past dining experiences there. The salad was fairly limp, and the plate was actually quite warm (not what you want for salad), I ordered a New York and it was quite tough. You'd take a bite and be chewing, chewing, chewing. It's like it hadn't been properly aged. I can get this type of quality at any grocery store. So even though the wine was good, the desert was great, and the staff were excellent I'd have to weigh going back. The reason you go to a steakhouse is for a great steak. I'd eaten there the week before and the filet was way too salty, and I'd ask for medium-rare and got medium-well. All in all seems to be heading in the wrong direction.Special Features:
- Arrived expecting a greatFoodeeDined on 3/7/2014Arrived expecting a great dining experience and left agreeing with my wife we wouldn't be back again. Waiter not attentive and didn't know the menu or bar stock. Had to "go check and find out" several times. When bill came there were up-charges for extras not offered, explained, or selected when we ordered. Explanation when bill questioned was, "That's the way we do it." What kind of response is that??? Steaks very good, but chocolate cake must have been made in an Easy Bake Oven -- chewy and tasteless. Overall the poor service and unwelcome up-charges made us decide to not return again. Our opinion: Flemings is the clear winner for food, service and ambiance.
- business lunchConnieDined on 3/3/2014As always, Sullivans is the go to spot for a working lunch. Everything top notch. Great shrimp bisque.Special Features:
- All around favorite...AzGuyVIPDined on 3/2/2014Sullivan's is one of those restaurants you can usually count on to meet your standards. We usually go there to celebrate special occasions. The steaks are great and the seafood is good. We usually get the seafood sampler and it did not disappoint. Everything was properly chilled and tasty. The oysters were a little small, but still yummy. One of the best items on the menu is the coconut creme pie. We get one on every visit. Sullivan's does a really nice job on it.Special Features:
- New York StripDinerVIPDined on 3/2/2014One of the better steakhouses in Tucson. The New York Strip is to die for.Special Features:
- Steaks were very salty.ChrisDined on 3/2/2014For $400 for 4, I was a lilttle disappointed on how salty the steaks where. I have been there before and never had steaks this salty. Everyone in my party commented on how salty the steaks were. You expect it to be perfect for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful first time experiencefoodismyhobbyDined on 2/26/2014Went to Sullivan's for the first time, early on a Wednesday and discovered a fabulous Happy Hour in the lounge. Gorgeous cocktails at $5!!! And a nice little bar menu for an appetizer before going into the dining room - we tried the gnocchi - very very tasty. Dinner was wonderful, steaks cooked perfectly. We tried the prix fix menu - all was truly first rate. We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014The only complaint is that my wife ordered a filet and asked for it to be prepared medium and was medium/well. It was a very dry steak...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great if you have timeCynthiaKPDined on 2/21/2014I got the fixed price menu, $39, but the service was very slow. Neither my husband nor I drink, so we didn't need time to linger over wine. Was sorta slow for us.Special Features:
- Great find!Jdx2VIPDined on 2/16/2014My wife and I were visiting Tucson for the first time and found Sullivan's on Open Table. What a great place! The staff was exceptional in all aspects. Great attention to detail, always mingling around the tables and pleasantly conversational. The food was well prepared and very tasty!!!! We will definitely go back if we visit Tucson again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special ocassionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014I think it is a good place to celebrate special occasions loved the bread and cheesecake would like to see some dishes for diabetic so you don't leave with a high glucose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as beforetina08Dined on 2/15/2014I have been to Sullivan's many times in the past and both the service and the food have been outstanding. I recently went for my boyfriend's birthday and we were completely disappointed. The service was slow and inattentive. It took 15-20 mins to get our other round of drinks. The food was not made to our order and it seemed it was left out for a while before being brought to our table. The caesar salads were warm and soggy and one of the dishes came out completely cold. Two other dishes were cooked well-done instead of medium. We were also disappointed that there was no complimentary birthday dessert or treat (like other fine dining restaurants), but they gave the table next to us a bouquet of flowers for getting engaged.Special Features:
- OvercrowdedninjahueyDined on 2/15/2014We went for Valentine's Day, I understand they want to maximize their seating for special occasions but this was too much. We were seated and pretty much forgotten about, we only seen our waitress when we ordered and when she brought food. Had to send my steak back twice to get it correct and had to ask for condiments and refills of drinks multiple times. We went for a special dinner and ended up being frustrated with the whole ordeal.
- Wonderful Dining Experienceclan1465Dined on 2/15/2014Everything was perfect. One of the finest restaurants in Tucson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable eveningmikecDined on 2/15/2014We had a delightful meal at a reasonable price. Though the place was packed (with every table quickly reset and filled as diners finished and left), the service was excellent and the staff friendly. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Service very attentive, butSaddleBrookeFoodieDined on 2/15/2014There are many fine restaurants in Tucson, and Sullivan's is certainly one of them. The service was very good, and the entire staff tried to make our visit a memorable one. My wife's Sea Bass entree was fantastic. It was prepared to her specifications, and it was the star of the evening. I ordered the Ribeye medium. The steak was mediocre at best, and was more like a sirloin. And, it was close to well-done. There are better steaks in Tucson.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014I have been to Sullivan't 3 times now for special occations. I always choose sullivan's as my go-to restaurant for a great filet and wonderful service. My needs and expectations are always meet and anyone I bring with me leaves a lover as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodEddieDined on 2/14/2014Went there for valentine's day dinner and the ambience was gorgeous. They had balloons everywhere, which was a nice touch for the occasion. Given the occasion, however, they were at capacity with extra tables placed in the dining hall, which caused them to be short staffed. As a result, we weren't exactly checked on for long periods of time. We didn't even meet our waitress until after 30 mins of being seated. But that was okay since we already had wine from the bar and so we were just enjoying the scene. The food was absolutely AMAZING! They had a pre-fixed menu, and as part of that was the 16oz ribeye. It was one of the best I have ever had. Would highly recommend Sullivan's to anybody who wants great food and ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCindyDined on 2/14/2014After so many times we have gone to Sullivan's this was by far the worst, we were shocked because we have never had this problem with them. Service was poor we had to wait 10 minutes for refills on drinks every time, my husband had to send back his steak because it wasn't cooked how he wanted it after getting it back it still wasn't good so he just settled for it being that our waiter hardly came by. I made reservations over a month ago for this day and got a table so small that barely fits 2 people, we asked to be reseated after we saw an available table and we were told that table was reserved for 4 people when they sat 2 people, everything was disappointing. Word of advice NEVER go on special occasions.
- Sullivans Steakhouse ;-)Eyesonly13Dined on 2/14/2014Very pleased with the overall experience at Sullivans even though we showed up late. They accommodated us and our guests without a hitch. The Drinks for the ladies and wine for us Boys was more than tasteful, it was perfect as Sullivans suggested. The Ambience was great, not too loud where you had to yell to hear table conversation but loud enough to get you in the mood for a good night out (which it ended up being at the end of it all)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We love coming for special occasions. We have never had a bad experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a little spotty.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014Service was a little spotty. Entrees were very late coming out. We noticed several tables who came in after we did were getting served before us. But the food was excellent and we were offered another round of drinks on the house to compensate for the wait. In lieu of that as we did not care for another drink, we did receive a cup of coffee "on the house".Special Features:
- Had dinner with my wife onTucdinerDined on 2/14/2014Had dinner with my wife on Valentine's Day so had their special menu. Excellent choices and overall very good food. Steaks were cooked exactly as requested and had a wonderful carmelized crust. My filet was a little tougher than it should have been (though not so bad as to want to send it back). Other than that, it was a very pleasant dinner. Had we been one of the unfortunate ones in the more exposed tables though, one of us would have been blinded by the sun as we could see some others were so I recommend to those making reservations that they request a table in the shade if they will be dining during daylight hours during the winter season here.Special Features:
- This place has it all:StephanDined on 2/13/2014Slow service, unimaginative food and the ambience of a subway station at rush hour.
- good food bad servicesimmboDined on 2/8/2014bad service,reservations for 7;30 not seated til 8:20 then no sevice till 8:35Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse CharmBirdieDined on 2/8/2014The decor of Sullivan's is that of an old time steakhouse-dark wood panels, leather booths, but the atmosphere is much more energetic. The open dining room can get noisy as the crowd increases. The food was great! The filet I had was perfectly cooked and my wife's salmon and shrimp entre' was fresh. We loved the shrimp cocktail, especially the cocktail sauce. I had indicated in my reservation that this was an anniversary celebration, and they made sure our table was a nice booth and the server, hostess, and manager all commented on it. We had no room for dessert, so the server got us a slice of cheesecake to go home with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10:45 Dinner for SixDanielVIPDined on 2/7/2014Hard to find a great restaurant open after a concert in Tucson, but this one cheerfully accommodated all six of us, rather elaborately and well, with Caesar salads, Stone Crab Claws, Lobster Tails, Fried Calimari and a large variety of great steaks. The wine list was impressive, with interesting choices from every region in every price range. The service was satisfactory but scripted. At that hour we had no right to expect more, and the end-of-night cleanup became very noisy, once we were the only customers left, but we departed very happy in spite of that. The check was about $500, but we ordered expensive wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDeeboDined on 2/6/2014Always enjoy the service and the food at Sullivan's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant experienceWesDDined on 2/2/2014My fiancée and I celebrated her birthday by eating dinner at Sullivan's. Our server, Alicia, was very good. We both started with the Caesar salad, which my fiancée, a garlic lover, deemed excellent. She was swooning just from the smell as it was delivered. She opted for the Halibut special and I went the more conventional New York steak. Hers was a disappointment. Although the fish was very moist, it was rather skimpy and overwhelmed by the concoction piled on top. My steak was superb. My fiancée agreed and ate a good portion of it. We shared the garlic-horseradish mashed potatoes that could have used more of both, but we loved the texture. There us an extensive wine list, but one that we know was marked up 400%, too much I think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food!TinoDined on 2/1/2014I ordered the 8 oz. filet mignon, shaved brussel sprouts, baked potato and sautéed mushrooms. Everything turned out excellent! the filet was cooked just as I ordered. The baked potato was great, and the mushrooms were juicy, cooked well, and complimented the meal superbly. Highly recommended for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I don't often eat pasta orAzFoodieDined on 1/31/2014I don't often eat pasta or wheat but their mac and cheese is worth it. A treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine tastes for fine diningFoodie85Dined on 1/31/2014The service and ambiance of the restaurant was great, though a little outside my normal outing experience, but I wanted to spoil myself for some fine dining. The appetizer ( Calamari) had a twist exotic flavors and Asian zing. The French onion soup looked amazing, though it could have been hotter since it was luke warm. The Salmon looked exquisite in its size and color, but best of all it was soft flaky melt in your mouth on the inside but crisp and flavorful on the outside. Lastly the Dessert which was Banana foster bread budding was the highlight of the night. Moist, not too sweet, decadent delight that over exceeding my expectations.Special Features:
- GoodLuv2dinetucsonazVIPDined on 1/31/2014Every time we eat here, we enjoy the scene and the friendly staff. This time we brought some friends and we enjoyed our evening. Our waiter was friendly but not always there (for fresh pepper on the steak, new drink). The dry aged steak was good but not as good as expected after eating the same at Flemming's. De filet mignon was good but not as juicy as I remembered it from our last visit. Maybe it was just us but it was a different kind of experience than the expected "wow".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food a wonderful andTMAcDined on 1/29/2014Great food a wonderful and extensive wine list made this a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.