Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson
1785 East River Road
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5202994275x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jonny Ricketts
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Tuesday through Sunday
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Tucson reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)romantic (34)notable wine list (26)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (17)vibrant bar scene (16)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Best Ever!!Luv2tryDined on 4/26/2014The service is great! Food is unbelievable! This was our second time there and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Oerall it was good. I had dined there in Oct. with a group from work and the food was better then. I raved about it to my wife,and we decided to go out on a special date there. The service was very good, but the was not as good as the first time. DonSpecial Features:
- Satisfied - but not ElatedC00leenDined on 4/26/2014Overall, it was a satisfying - but not memorable - dining experience. Maybe we'll try Flemmings again next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectSaddlebrookegolferDined on 4/20/2014We were looking for something a little different for Easter. It was almost perfect except for ordering thick cut bacon crisp, and receiving thin limp bacon. When I questioned it to the young woman server, she quipped "that is thick" NOT. I tasted it and sent it back. (The waiter, great guy, said he could staple two pieces together and winked) If you advertise something, you should fulfill it and not try to get by. Outside of that, everything else was superb.Special Features:
- For the most perfectly cooked steakSteaksRhighDined on 4/19/2014After a recommendation from a colleague, I made dinner reservations at Sullivan's for my wife's birthday. We both ordered the filet mignon, my wife ordered the 8oz and I ordered the 12oz, both cooked medium and it was the most delicious steak that we have eaten so far. I have steaks from Morton's in Los Angeles, Flemming's in Tucson, Mohagany's in Tulsa, and Hy's Steakhouse in Hawai'i, and Sullivan's filet has set a new higher standard that I look for. Our server, Daniel, was spot on with the little details that made our night perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingAdamDined on 4/18/2014Every time we are in Tucson we come to Sullivan's and it never disappoints. The food is amazing and the service is impeccable. Also, the coconut cream pie is maybe the best thing my wife and I have ever eaten. We can never finish it but we spend the next two days sneaking bites. So good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyDined on 4/18/2014My grandson and I had the Lamb Chops which were very small and fatty. There were 3 thin chops and and only two bites from each. His was the same way. He was still hungry and had some of his grandfather's steak. Very disappointing meal. Other meals were fine , there were 6 people.Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerDLSmithDined on 4/18/2014I had made plans to celebrate my wife's birthday with another couple, but we surprised her by adding her aunt and cousin from out of town. The aunt and cousin had never been to Sullivan's before and thoroughly enjoyed their evening. Food and service were very good as always. Plus we were given a complimentary desert to share since it was a birthday. A wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent fairlocalDined on 4/17/2014service is usually by UofA college students, some of whom have not waited tables before. The main issue is training, however, there is back-up staff (managers, captains?) that step in as necessary. Consistently fair service with a smile, and consistent good to very good food. will go back, the situations will be essentially the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable experience!VandraVIPDined on 4/12/2014Sullivan's has it all: Super-friendly hostesses, personable and competent managers and incredible servers. The wine list is varied and extensive, and substitutions or changes always are cheerfully accommodated. The steaks, salads and side dishes are your traditional steakhouse fare, but they taste much better than your average steakhouse. This isn't an inexpensive night out, but expect to be treated like royalty. It's worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soBrendaVIPDined on 4/12/2014Service lapses.....lots. Waiter attempted to make light of, and to reassure that it was coming, etc. eventually, it did....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and service!LouiseJDined on 4/12/2014We chose Sullivan's as we were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. Our meal was wonderful and the service was excellent!! We really enjoyed ourselves!Special Features:
- Dissapointed with the serviceCosmotini5Dined on 4/11/2014Overall, enjoy going to Sullivans', the food is always superb. However, our last experience was ruined due to medicore server, which soured our whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait StaffEntropyDined on 4/10/2014Sarah was an awesome server! She was personable, knowledgable, helpful, and she had a great sense of humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How did we forget Sullivans?LahrueDined on 4/10/2014Haven't been for years but it seemed like a good choice for my husband's birthday. Shrimp and lobster bisque was a notable start. I knew quickly that I'd never be able to eat everything so I asked to take the rest of my wedge salad home. I was hoping I could keep it cold enough to not get soggy overnight. Yeah, right. Instead of my leftovers they gave me a fresh wedge with all the toppings on the side. That was enough to create a customer for life. Strip steak was delicious and Doug had the special topped with crab stuffed shrimp. A very lovely evening. Staff is professional and friendly. I'm sure ours was one of the best in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- at a farewell bash with friendssemiprofessionaleaterDined on 4/8/2014one of our diners needed ABSOLUTELY gluten free. although the menu clearly lists the gluten free items, the chef himself came out and took the time to work with her for special prep to accommodate her needs with a dish not normally gluten free. great staff. great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2014Our waitress Sarah was outstanding. We got the table we requested through Open Table. Made for a memorable anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The piano power gang get togetherpianopowerDined on 4/3/2014We have nothing but positive things to say about our recent dining experience at Sullivans. Our server was fantastic. She could tell that some members of our piano loving, music loving gang had not been together for over 1 year. Our server left us alone to chat away, laugh away and get reacquainted. However she was always within an eye blink away to know when we were (finally) ready to order our food and wine. The wine list is wonderful and her suggestions were fantastic and very very helpful. Our food was delightful, and made our get together even that much more special. Our thanks to our server, Rae (not sure how to spell her name), and the entire staff at Sullivans. You made our get together a relaxing joyous occasion. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for special occasionPJ0122Dined on 3/30/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Sullivans and had a wonderful experience. They also gave us a complementary dessert for our anniversary! We always enjoy eating at Sullivans. They also have a nice quiet bar area. Very pleasant experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is always top notch,JoshDined on 3/29/2014Service is always top notch, food is better, and I usually spend too much money! I had the 26oz dry aged ribeye and my wife had the trio of 4oz filets with different sauces. Both were cooked perfectly, and along with the service I have no complaints about Sullivan's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experience.ScottDined on 3/29/2014The food was absolutely perfect! But the outstanding service is the headline. Our server was an absolute delight and made our evening even more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the premier steak housesJimSDined on 3/24/2014One of the premier steak houses around but their appetizers are outstanding too. We had their prix fixe menu ($39) for a three course dinner and were well satisfied with everything. Filet was perfectly cooked and flavorful.Special Features:
- Great Special Occasion PlaceFranDined on 3/24/2014We celebrated a birthday at Sullivan's recently. The food was great as always. There was a small problem with our bill, which the manager took care of immediately, and very generously. Sullivan's is our "go to" place for special occasions because we've come to expect perfectly-prepared steaks and great service. We would eat there more often except that it's a long drive for us - we live in Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014We went here for our first date, and again for our first wedding anniversary. The food is exemplary and fits the price. Expect to spend about $200 for a couple, but it's well worth the price. This is a restaurant to be experienced and enjoyed, not one to come in for a quick meal. The steak melted in my mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expected...cowboyDined on 3/22/2014The food was not as good as we expected. The best parts were the crab and lobster bisque and the desserts. The rest was cold and not up to the pricing. The music was also way too loud. Service was good though. doubt we'll be back and the prices are too high for what we experienced.
- Lovely!TerrytDined on 3/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Sullivan's. Our waiter Brandon could not have done a better job and he enhanced our experience along with the delicious food. The woman who seated us could have done a better job of greeting us as she just grabbed menus and turned away for us to follow without speaking and I thought that was a bit strange. Overall. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Book FestivalLynnieDined on 3/15/2014We came from out of town and this restaurant was highly recommended. We were late for our reservation and they did their best to accomodate us. Very freindly wait staff and had very good knowledge of the wine list. Enjoyed the evening, just forgot to use my $25 certificate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to celebratewestenderVIPDined on 3/15/2014We have celebrated a birthday here for the past 3 years and enjoy it every time. This year, the service was as great as always, and we both enjoyed the prix fixe menu. Sensible portions and tasty food. The large staff were all in constant motion, serving, anticipating customers requests, clearing and resetting tables that were always full. A good place for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good for a chain steakhousedaveintucsonDined on 3/14/2014My usual standby for Steak in Tucson is Flemings, but we couldn't get in Friday night. We went to Sullivans. It was surprisingly empty on a Friday. It was very good!Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationSatisfied1Dined on 3/14/2014Vacationing in Tucson and was looking for a great restaurant to celebrate and we found it at Sullivan's! From the moment we arrived we were treated as special guests. Everyone was so friendly and nice! Our waitress was fantastic, so fun and knowledgeable. We would highly recommend this as a restaurant to visit and hope to return again! Thank you Sullivan's for making our special day so wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningJeffCDined on 3/9/2014Was looking for healthy small plates and was very satisfied with options offered by Sullivan's. I have been here for steaks in the past and it was great. This time I just wanted some small options and the wait server who was very knowledgeable to my health needs and provided details on how items were cooked. I was very impressed with my waiter and I loved the fact they are starting to carry some local craft beers from the area. It's nice to know that I can go to Sullivan's and have some apps or small plates and be treated like I was by the wait staff as if I was ordering a 45.00 steak. Classy place... Great people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why was this place so dead?ericdbrightVIPDined on 3/8/2014We hadn't been to Sullivan's in a while, as Tucson's budding food scene is growing at an incredible pace, but we happened to be in the area and booked a reservation. It didn't have the same feel that it did a few years ago; it felt like a steakhouse for seniors, because there were almost only older people there and the bar was dead. Our server was excellent, and the food was perfect. Our server gave us wine recommendations for our food and they paired quite well. My steak was cooked perfectly and our stone crab claws were meaty and delicious. This was an exceptional visit, and reminded me that this truly is one of the best places to eat in the city.Special Features:
- The staff were superb butKayeDined on 3/8/2014The staff were superb but the food wasn't up to what I've had in the past dining experiences there. The salad was fairly limp, and the plate was actually quite warm (not what you want for salad), I ordered a New York and it was quite tough. You'd take a bite and be chewing, chewing, chewing. It's like it hadn't been properly aged. I can get this type of quality at any grocery store. So even though the wine was good, the desert was great, and the staff were excellent I'd have to weigh going back. The reason you go to a steakhouse is for a great steak. I'd eaten there the week before and the filet was way too salty, and I'd ask for medium-rare and got medium-well. All in all seems to be heading in the wrong direction.Special Features:
- Arrived expecting a greatFoodeeDined on 3/7/2014Arrived expecting a great dining experience and left agreeing with my wife we wouldn't be back again. Waiter not attentive and didn't know the menu or bar stock. Had to "go check and find out" several times. When bill came there were up-charges for extras not offered, explained, or selected when we ordered. Explanation when bill questioned was, "That's the way we do it." What kind of response is that??? Steaks very good, but chocolate cake must have been made in an Easy Bake Oven -- chewy and tasteless. Overall the poor service and unwelcome up-charges made us decide to not return again. Our opinion: Flemings is the clear winner for food, service and ambiance.
- business lunchConnieDined on 3/3/2014As always, Sullivans is the go to spot for a working lunch. Everything top notch. Great shrimp bisque.Special Features:
- All around favorite...AzGuyVIPDined on 3/2/2014Sullivan's is one of those restaurants you can usually count on to meet your standards. We usually go there to celebrate special occasions. The steaks are great and the seafood is good. We usually get the seafood sampler and it did not disappoint. Everything was properly chilled and tasty. The oysters were a little small, but still yummy. One of the best items on the menu is the coconut creme pie. We get one on every visit. Sullivan's does a really nice job on it.Special Features:
- New York StripDinerVIPDined on 3/2/2014One of the better steakhouses in Tucson. The New York Strip is to die for.Special Features:
- Steaks were very salty.ChrisDined on 3/2/2014For $400 for 4, I was a lilttle disappointed on how salty the steaks where. I have been there before and never had steaks this salty. Everyone in my party commented on how salty the steaks were. You expect it to be perfect for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful first time experiencefoodismyhobbyDined on 2/26/2014Went to Sullivan's for the first time, early on a Wednesday and discovered a fabulous Happy Hour in the lounge. Gorgeous cocktails at $5!!! And a nice little bar menu for an appetizer before going into the dining room - we tried the gnocchi - very very tasty. Dinner was wonderful, steaks cooked perfectly. We tried the prix fix menu - all was truly first rate. We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014The only complaint is that my wife ordered a filet and asked for it to be prepared medium and was medium/well. It was a very dry steak...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.