Eddie V's - San Diego
789 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Shelter Island / San Diego Bay
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - San Diego
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 6196150281
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 4pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Moran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Relax in our V Lounge where you can enjoy live music every night of the week. It's the perfect place to meet your friends and make new ones.
A word from Eddie V's - San Diego
Join us at Eddie V's - San Diego; and let the comfortably sophisticated environment, sparkling atmosphere, and sounds of live jazz that fill the air set the tone for an exceptional dining experience. Choose from a varied selection of the finest seafood available, or indulge in our critically…… acclaimed prime center cut steaks, aged 28 days and broiled to perfection. Compliment your meal with a selection from our wine menu, an award-wining list of more than 200 wines curated by our Master Sommelier. If a more relaxed experience is desired, visit our V Lounge where you can sip classic and creative cocktails, and enjoy signature appetizers against a backdrop of soulful jazz and seductive lighting. Whatever the occasion, from a quiet weeknight dinner to a special private event, let us handle every detail. We'll do the work. You bask in the glory.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Eddie V's - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Shelter Island / San Diego Bay ›
Eddie V's - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
316 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (243)romantic (181)fit for foodies (158)notable wine list (133)good for groups (80)vibrant bar scene (70)neighborhood gem (54)hot spot (53)late-night find (35)great for outdoor dining (21)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (11)scenic view (8)Show More
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2014Pleasantly surprised by food and service. Was expecting somewhat less on both counts since this is part of a chain. All wonderful.Special Features:
- Great FoodShropDined on 4/30/2014A really nice restaurant with great food and bar with terrific bartenders. The problem I have with it was our server, who was condescending, particularly when he found out we were from the UK. He asked if we were local, we obviously said no and the service deteriorated whilst he concentrated on other tables. San Diego is built on tourism, surely we should expect to get the same service as local guests.Special Features:
- WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2014It was a great evening, from the hostess' greeting until the final good-by. Our server was courteous, knowledgeable about the menu and enthusiastic. He checked back often, without being intrusive. The crab cake was the best we've tasted -- East Coast or West. The bisque and corn chowder were excellent. The fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. The ingredients paired with the seafood were out of the ordinary. We enjoyed the new tastes. The scallops with grapefruit was a real crowd-pleaser. The wine list had many varied choices at affordable prices. We especially enjoyed the live music coming from the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 LegsnonameVIPDined on 4/30/2014The 3 legs of a great dining experience are (1) great food; (2) great service; and (3) great ambiance. Eddie V's has numbers 1 and 2 down pat (outstanding), but the 3rd leg is broken. The piano music in the lounge was bad 1950’s style and the decor was like an Aqua Vela velveteen gangster pad.
- Great place.BjorkyouDined on 4/29/2014Enjoyed our food and drinks. The dessert, bananas foster, was amazing. I will return to try out the oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!mmebearDined on 4/29/2014Not only was our meal scrumptious but our server (the lovely Ms Ashley) was very knowledgable & friendly.Special Features:
- Very accommodatingDowntownDwellerDined on 4/27/2014We had a great time at Eddie V's. The staff was excellent and so was the food. Many chefs won't plate 2 shared dishes for the customers; Eddie V's did that. We discovered that one fish choice was unavailable; that told us that the fish is very fresh and Eddie V's would rather sell out of a choice than have fish on hand that is less than fresh. Eddie V's has a bit of a superiority complex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood!YvonneDined on 4/26/2014We all ordered fish and each one was exquisite. We were seated late (by 1/2 hour), which accounts for the lower rating. The manager took care of our cocktails until we were seated.Special Features:
- Incredible dinnerSDLocalDined on 4/26/2014I made an advance reservation for 7:30 on a Saturday and when we arrived they were absolutely packed. We were about 6-7 minutes late so I'm not sure if that affected our reservation, but we were not seated until a little after 8pm. That was the only minor setback to the evening - otherwise the staff was excellent, the food was the best I've had in recent memory, and the Managing Partner made a point of coming over to visit our table and ask how our dinner was. We were celebrating my husbands 50th birthday so they gave us a complimentary dessert (banana fosters butter cake - unbelievable), which was a great end to an excellent dinner. Eddie V's is an excellent addition to downtown San Diego dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's Downtown locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014It was an excellent journey. Addressed by name, remembered by name, by everyone. Our Waiter George was charming and very knowledgable, made excellent recommendations, and didn't charm anymore than he needed to. The service, food, details, all were excellent, excellent, excellent!Special Features:
- Terrific Food but...VictoriaVIPDined on 4/26/2014It's obviously very popular with tourists. We were in the Eddie V's at the Headquarters. Tables are close together. Music a little loud. They are packing them in. The La Jolla Eddie V's has a nicer ambiance and the ocean view and service is smoother. It would appeal more to a younger age group than our party.Special Features:
- Fabulous Anniversary MealdgadrienneDined on 4/26/2014I definitely chose a winner this year! Amazing food and amazing service. The only thing that would've made it better is a bigger stomach. Everything we tried was phenomenal.Special Features:
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014It may be they're working out the kinks still. It's relatively new. However, being part of a larger chain, you'd think they'd have the kitchen thing down. We were seated at 5:15 for an early dinner and the restaurant was not full. We had to wait for our table, and no seating area us provided except the bar, then, on once seated, each course took longer than the last to come out. All the nearby tables experienced the same situation! A table of 6 across from us cancelled their dinner orders, had coffee and left! I have nothing complementary to say about he appetizers or entrees, which took so long to reach our table. They did present a tasty and complementary dessert for my husbands birthday. Hope they get their act together!Special Features:
- DELICIOUS!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Food was delicious, especially the side dishes! Our waiter, Kai, did a fantastic job intricately describing the options and attended to our every need. Don't miss the Banana's Foster for dessert - best dessert I have EVER had!!!Special Features:
- Need a RunnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014I didn't appreciate hearing the chief yell every 30 seconds" need a runner/food getting cold/people hungry/lets go". Also didn't appreciate paying $15 to park!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014Had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed ourselves. Very friendly service and meals were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great expectationsArtistkayVIPDined on 4/25/2014We have been looking forward to the opening of Eddie V's as it's been a hot topic since the completion of The Headquarters. My son took me and my husband there for my birthday. We knew it was expensive, but expected the quality of food to warrant the cost. We were very impressed with the facility. Our wait person was terrific! But the food....I am sorry to say just did not meet expectations. My son enjoyed his Ahi, a large portion and cooked to perfection. However, I ordered Florida Grouper and I simply did not recognize it as grouper. It was thin and over cooked. Having fished for grouper, I'm pretty sure I know what it is. My husband had very mediocre mac n' cheese and was disappointed. The birthday desert was wonderful!!
- Impeccable service and foodellenVIPDined on 4/23/2014WE had a great meal here. The steak and lobster tartar were wonderful. Best flavors. We thought the seabass would be boring but it was the best fish dish I have ever had. Mild soy sauce with cherry was perfect blend. AND the fish itself was wonderfully steamed, flaky and delicious. The great find also was the dinner salad of lobster, tomatoes, cheese and hearts of palm. One of the best salads I have ever eaten. And did i mention the hot bread fresh out of the oven. So warm and melty........ Great bar service too with reasonably priced great wines and mixed drink. I will be backSpecial Features:
- YoungatheartDined on 4/22/2014We are familiar with other Eddie V's so we felt very comfortable at the new HeadQuarter location. Love the idea of eating in the bar with live music. Very upbeat atmosphere and setting. Will definitely make it a favorite of ours. Food was delicioius!!!!!!! Service was great........ Who wouldn't love it!!!Special Features:
- Excellent!!scoutaramaDined on 4/21/2014I have long been a fan of Eddie V's and was excited to try the new San Diego location. We had a great evening ... drinks at the bar listening to the live jazz music, a delicious dinner with impeccable service, then back to the bar for a nightcap. The service was first rate, top notch all the way, very impressive. It was a fantastic experience overall, not one complaint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's at HQKnmnrDined on 4/21/2014First time visiting the new Erdie V's at the Headquarters (seaport village). Food and service (Troy) we're excellent. Favorites were Wild Mushroom Salad and Key Lime Alaska Flambe. We'll definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious surprise.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2014We were delighted by the crab cake - very special and one of a kind as a favorite - and the light battered oysters were amazingly tasty. I will be going back just for these appetizers. The entree was also excellent (scallops and lemon sole). The bread was also very good. The service was informative and pleasant. We were extremely pleased.Special Features:
- No More Eddie V'sTiasViewDined on 4/20/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 1 year anniversary and wanted to try a new restaurant. Seen some pretty good reviews about Eddie V's and the live music so I made a reservation for my husband and I. It was a terrible experience, and I even spoke to the waitress about the issues that were occuring. The table had stains, my steak was over cooked and when I addressed the waitress about my steak she made it seem as if it would be a hassle to take it back to the cooks and it would take forever for a new steak. I then found an egg shell in the fried rice which had way too much soy sauce or vinegar flavor. Every table in the area we were in had a nice lit candle except our table. At that point I was overwhelmed and spoke to a manager.
- NickVIPDined on 4/19/2014This was a great surprise. The food was outstanding; the service was even better. Our waiter, Kai, was perfect. He was nice, attentive, and well informed. I dine out at least 3 times every week in different cities around the world. This was the best service I have received in a very very long time. I had a party of 6 and everyone was impressed with the service. And everyone's food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner for the wifeBayParkDaveDined on 4/19/2014Went to Eddie V's for my wife's b-day dinner. She had lobster, which was excellent, and I had the seabass. The seabass was probably the best fish dish I've ever had. It was excellent. We also had a great dessert, the chocolate flambe' thing with bananas (I forget the exact name). It was very rich, very decadent and very good. It was our first visit and we were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great New RestaurantDavidDined on 4/18/2014This restaurant just opened in the old police headquarters. Despite just opening, the food was terrific and service was even better. Despite the high prices and elegant menu, the portions were hearty and taste perfect. We would do it again and stay for the jazz in the bar.Special Features:
- A touch of class for San DiegononameVIPDined on 4/18/2014Eddie V's is the elegant, classy kind of restaurant that has been hard to find in San Diego. Everything about our evening there was perfect. It's in such a nice setting -- plan time to stroll the Headquarters before or after dinner. The restaurant is gorgeous; the service is impeccable (Ky, our waiter, was informative, friendly, attentive); and the food is fantastic. Six of us, and we each really enjoyed our dinner, and the sides we chose to share were delicious. Some had steaks, some had seafood, and all were happy. My lemon sole was out-of-this-world tasty. The live light jazz in the bar, provided lovely background music. We'll go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Great Dinners in a Row...MJF3VIPDined on 4/18/2014I've been to Eddie V's twice now, and it was fabulous both times. (I got the scallops on both occasions, so I can't comment on more than one entree...but they were perfectly cooked both times). The crab cake appetizer is wonderful. It isn't over-spiced, as at so many places, so you really taste the crab. My salad and martini were also great. Eddie V's is now on no my short list of great places to take visiting friends. Spot-on service, both times I dined here, btw.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in San DiegoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/17/2014We had dinner for our anniversary here and we were treated like royalty. The service and food were top notch and their wine selection is second to none! Eddie V's is my new favorite place to dine in San Diego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not be better!locallr2003VIPDined on 4/15/2014This was an absolutely perfect dining experience. The restaurant is beautiful, live music in the background, service was excellent and the food extraordinary. I ordered the sole and could not have been more pleased. My son and daughter-in-law and I ordered 3 large sides and shared all of them because we wanted to try them. The au gratin potatoes, truffle macaroni and cheese and the broccolini all sounded so interesting that we agreed we had to order them. We all three loved all of them and even brought some home because it was lots of food. We will be back to try other dishes that sounded equally wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Headquarters Gem!ChuckMarshDined on 4/14/2014I haven't been to Eddie V's in La Jolla, but the one that just opened at the Headquarters is outstanding! I took a party there for a business dinner that included my company's current CEO, future CEO, VP Division Head and Director of Marketing. All of them are foodies, and all of them really enjoyed the experience. A couple of us had the Grilled Shrimp with Johan Crab, it was first rate. The Lobster and Crab Bisque was decadently rich, and the optional sides were all great; espeically the mashed potatoes. Enhancing the flawless execution of a well-thought-out menu was the truly first-rate service. There was a large number of very well-trained, professional wait staff who truly worked to make us feel welcome. Not cheap, but worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to the WaterfrontPattyDined on 4/13/2014We had a great experience with delicious food, great live music and awesome service!Special Features:
- Best fish dinner in San DiegoBluesincVIPDined on 4/12/2014Our first time here. With another couple, we each had a different entre and shared bites. All were delicious! Everything was great - the ambience, the service, the decor, the presentation of the food. They even accommodated our request for oyster shots even though they are not on the menu. Live music from the bar wafts through the entire restaurant. It's a little pricey, but worth it. This is my new favorite place to have fish in San Diego.Special Features:
- Business too!PaulVIPDined on 4/10/2014Good for a business meeting! Quiet and a great meal. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Food greatSteveDined on 4/3/2014Our server, V, did an excellent job of making sure everything was done in a first rate manner. The food was beautifully prepared; the bisque was a highlight, along with the hong kong seabass and the sole. All of our party's various food preferences were accommodated easily and graciously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and Fooddine4lifeDined on 4/1/2014A professional and attentive staff greeted us and provided a fine dining experience from start to finish including a follow-up call the next day. Our group of 4 ordered different choices of seafood which were all excellent and unique in their own way. Ambience was modern and quiet making it a nice romantic spot but I noticed there were special separate rooms for large groups as well. Overall, it's a great new choice for downtown San Diego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All food was very good. BrusseljimboDined on 3/30/2014All food was very good. Brussel sprouts were under cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceeded expectations!mariVIPDined on 3/29/2014Wonderful dining experience from the phone confirmation to the front of the house greeting to the wonderful and personable service and the food was amazing!!! I can't wait to return to San Diego to have another wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Great first Impression4foodiemeDined on 3/29/2014We tried this new restaurant located at "Headquarters" for my birthday and I was pretty impressed with the attentive staff. We were greeted and seated promptly. At our table was a card greeting me a happy birthday signed by the staff. Our server Chris was very knowledgable, made suggestions, clean our table, and replenish my water regularly. I have no complaints about the food, everything was delicious; the crab cake, crab fried rice, truffled mac and cheese, the jumbo shrimp, and the sea bass. Oh they have live music as well. The chairs were comfortable as well. According to Chria they have private rooms avail for groups as well. Something to keep in mind when you are planning for your next office or private get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls ReunionMayappleDined on 3/28/2014Great food, ambiance and service. Wonderful experience complimented by superior service!Special Features: