Eddie V's - San Diego
789 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Shelter Island / San Diego Bay
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - San Diego
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 6196150281
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 4pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Moran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Relax in our V Lounge where you can enjoy live music every night of the week. It's the perfect place to meet your friends and make new ones.
A word from Eddie V's - San Diego
Join us at Eddie V's - San Diego; and let the comfortably sophisticated environment, sparkling atmosphere, and sounds of live jazz that fill the air set the tone for an exceptional dining experience. Choose from a varied selection of the finest seafood available, or indulge in our critically…… acclaimed prime center cut steaks, aged 28 days and broiled to perfection. Compliment your meal with a selection from our wine menu, an award-wining list of more than 200 wines curated by our Master Sommelier. If a more relaxed experience is desired, visit our V Lounge where you can sip classic and creative cocktails, and enjoy signature appetizers against a backdrop of soulful jazz and seductive lighting. Whatever the occasion, from a quiet weeknight dinner to a special private event, let us handle every detail. We'll do the work. You bask in the glory.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Eddie V's - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Shelter Island / San Diego Bay ›
Eddie V's - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
315 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (233)romantic (182)fit for foodies (159)notable wine list (138)good for groups (88)vibrant bar scene (71)neighborhood gem (57)hot spot (55)late-night find (33)great for outdoor dining (21)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (10)scenic view (10)great for brunch (8)Show More
- nancy12351Dined on 5/21/2014the entire evening was fabulous,the food and presentation was terrific. We celebrated my husbands birthday and the card and desert helped make it very special.Looking forward to dinning with you again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Food was amazing, everything my husband & I ordered was perfection. Service was top notch, very helpful, kind and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodLovesSeafoodandSteakDined on 5/17/2014The food was of excellent quality. There was four of us and all of our dishes were incredible. Extensive wine list and desserts that were unique and delicious!lovesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow..that's all I have to saySteveDined on 5/16/2014My girlfriend and I went here because of all of the positive reviews on Yelp. Eddie V's did not disappoint at all! The food was all excellent, the wine was excellent, and the staff is very attentive. I would highly recommend asking for Todd if you go there' he's one of the best servers I've ever had (and I eat out a lot all over the world). Todd made suggestions to us on wine, appetizers, and entrees. As it turns out, we ended up getting 5 out of the 6 things he suggested and boy was he right. If you want a stellar meal that's worth every dollar you'll pay for it, go here. Definitely try the crab cake appetizer and the crab fried rice side dish with your meal. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- SunnyhollyVIPDined on 5/16/2014Have been many times in Scottsdale. Very pushy here felt very rushed. Entree was great. Sides need improvement Cocktails costly and skimpy. Atmosphere is wonderful We are residents but treated as a tourists. Was sad that it wasn't a nicer experience. Don't think we will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, fabulous serviceFritztheCatDined on 5/14/2014Great experience all around. The Chilean sea bass was melt in your mouth buttery, and the crab fried rise is divine. And don't get be started on the bananas foster desert - too die for. The wait staff was attentive without being overbearing. We had a wonderful dinner and will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayMothersDayMikeDined on 5/11/2014Eddie V's had a card and white rose waiting at our table. We enjoyed the crab cake, lobster bisque, mushroom salad, swordfish and filet mignon. Banana cake for dessert. Service was first class. Overall a very pleasant dining experience. We look forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2014Excellent food and service, I will definitely go back. The lobster taco appetizers were amazing.Special Features:
- AMAZING EDDIE V'SYUMMYDined on 5/9/2014I had an absolutely incredible experience at Eddie V's. The food was amazing. The butter for the bread was very good. The wine was very good and the drinks were made strong which is perfect after a long and stressful work week. The cesar salad was very good with the perfect amount of cheese and croutons. I had the salmon and it was the biggest piece of salmon I have ever had. It was very good. The vanilla ice cream with sorbet and cookies were amazing. The cookies were so warm and soft they were like eating warm brownies. The service was excellent and we got our food so quickly. We were done eating a three course meal within an hour. It was very big inside and they have an upstairs and a downstairs with nice music downstairs.Special Features:
- World ClassPLhappyVIPDined on 5/9/2014We had a lovely evening at the new Eddie V's at the Headquarters Facility downtown. Looking forward to many, any more evenings at the world class restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing speciallaurelsDined on 5/8/2014I had a gift certificate to go here, and though I have no complaints, it just feels a bit canned, like most chains. It feels like a place you go for a business meeting or on an expense account. The food and service were good, but not spectacular. There are so many other places I'd go again before going back here.
- JenniferDined on 5/8/2014We had delicious seafood for appetizer and entrees at Eddie V's Prime Seafood in the new Headquarters development. It's a great addition to the complex and rivals the best seafood restaurants in San Diego. Service was not only attentive, but the server addressed us by name, which was such a nice surprise! Too full to try dessert, but we'll save room for that next time! Beautiful interior and not too noisy - live music from the bar could be heard in main dining area downstairs, and it was really enjoyable!Special Features:
- You gotta go!RGHokuVIPDined on 5/8/2014Best meal and service we have had in quite a while. The menu choices were varied and the dishes were delicious and hearty when they arrived. The grouper is a standout. Don't forget to have the Bananas Foster Butter Cake - so good we had to take some home. When you go ask for Chris - great waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodCaroleDined on 5/8/2014Wonderful dinner. I calamari is the best I have ever had!Special Features:
- Fun surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2014My wife and I went to Eddie vs downtown for the first time. It was such a pleasant surprise! The ambience is striking, really unlike any other restaurant in San Diego. Spacious tables in cozy little rooms with glimpses of other spaces. The lighting, finishes, along with the great acoustics really sets the mood. The live music subtly playing in the background was also appreciated. The food and service were of course, what we have experienced at the the la jolla Eddie vs....delicious and attentive. Thank you, we'll be back.Special Features:
- Decent but OverpricedBrianVIPDined on 5/7/2014Our server, Patricia, was outstanding. Besides that, only the extensive (and very expensive) wine list stands out about the place. It's nice, but there's nothing creative or interesting about the food here. I'm not sure how one would differentiate it from any other high end steakhouse. The earliest reservation we could get was 8:30, which was fine, but they didn't seat us until almost 9, which had us out pretty late for a week night. My companion requested a blue cheese/butter sauce for his steak. Cold blue cheese dressing was delivered, but Patricia returned it right away and got what he wanted. Our steaks were definitely overcooked and we declined returning them because it was so late. At a place like this, that should never happen.Special Features:
- Experience better than expected!KikiDined on 5/7/2014The decor was great. Staff were very welcoming and attentive. The upstairs dining rooms were great overlooking the bar, so we heard the evening entertainment at a sound level that was very nice, allowing for conversation as well. The staff were knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the menu, their restaurant and our dining experience. The banana butter cake was fantastic. All the food was great. We are looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- Great MealFlyfisherVIPDined on 5/6/2014This was our first time at Eddie V's and we had a really great meal. I had the swordfish and my wife had the small filet. Both were really good. We will be back!!
- Simply outstanding !kennethDined on 5/5/2014Excellent service, food preparation knowledge, and personal recommendations by staff. Food presentation and flavors were some of the most enjoyable we have ever experienced in our 50 + yrs. of dining out. Highly recommended, we will return on for many more enjoyable experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and responsive mgmtOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014I brought visiting family to Eddie V's for dinner and the place was so busy that they could only acomodate our reservation on the patio. This was great given how pleasant the weather was and allowed us to be seated 50 minutes before our original time. Unfortunately, a missed handoff of information to our server led us to wait for 20 minutes without having even drink orders taken. By the time we were midway through appetizers a manager personally came by to appologize for the delay and offered us our drinks and appetizers on the house. From this point forward the service was excellent and at all times the food was expertly prepared and delectable. All in all a great night out and would happily return despite the early misteps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/4/2014Everything at Eddie V's was great, except the first table we were seated at. Try to avoid the tables in the center of the first room in front of the wine room, it is drafty and you can't hear a thing - something about the acoustics sucks your voice out of the air. All the food was just fabulous, and we tried a lot of dishes - and intend to go back to try more!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/4/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014We were sent a complimentary gift card to enjoy at Eddie's. What a decadent and wonderful experience!! We never heard of this place. What a gold mine!! Plan to return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningdiscerningdinerDined on 5/3/2014Great food, great atmosphere, the ability to speak with your table mates without yelling - a comfortable, elegant evening out. We will return to Eddie V's.Special Features:
- It's about time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/2/2014Great news that Eddie V's is right next to our favorite downtown hotel the Manchester Grand Hyatt. The new Eddie V's is spectacular as is the food. Our trips to San Diego always include this restaurant so now we can walk! Great planning and superb location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Best SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014First time to Eddie Vs and they had exceptional service and the best seafood I have had in San Diego. The Crabcake was incredible. The desert was awesome also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's Wins AgainflavorsaverDined on 5/2/2014We've eaten at the La Jolla Eddie V's and it was outstanding. We thought we should give the downtown one a try also and it was outstanding too. All the staff were pleasant and attentive. Giovanni was a great waiter. Each of our fish dishes and our three appetizers had very distinctive flavors. Many restaurants will smother the dishes with sauces, but Eddie V's brings wonderful flavors to your palette. This was a birthday celebration and they treated me like royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite!mariVIPDined on 5/2/2014I visit San Diego five times a year and Eddie V's is now my most favorite! I was there for the first time in March and could not wait to return to see if my initial wonderful dining experience could be duplicated. It certainly was, from the moment I walked in the door and throughout the meal, it was a the best of service and dining. I had the NY strip with cognac peppercorn sauce once again, it was prepared perfectly and was delicious! The crab fried rice is also a favorite. Eddie V's offers the entire package for dining, excellent service, ambience and especially the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous restaurantLindaVIPDined on 5/1/2014Service and food ...EXCELLENT!! My husband ordered a salad and I had the Maryland crab cake to start. We both decided that the crab cake is a must when going there. You can get salad at other places but I have never had such a delicious crab cake like this one. We both ordered fish and shared two small side dishes which we enjoyed a lot. Had a glass of wine which we thought was a nice selection. Too full for dessert but I am sure whatever they have must be excellent. Our waiter, Scott, took excellent care of us with his suggestions and being there when needed. Eddie V's is a great addition to the San Diego restaurant scene. It is an expensive place but I don't mind paying the price when the food and service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Attempt worth IT!Maserati92101VIPDined on 5/1/2014After dining there a few weeks back and not being particularly impressed we decided to dine again and this time sit in the V Lounge. We ate on a Thursday at were sat at 6pm. Music starts at 6pm and happy hour runs till 7. We each had a salad for dinner course but ordered several appetizers in order to try a variety of things (fried oysters, calamari, tuna tartare, and the lobster tacos)... all of which were outstanding. The Lobster tacos & Calamari are A MUST! The salads were good as well. The lounge is very sophisticated and sexy. We enjoyed the sights and sounds between courses (live jazz with martini shakers being made at the bar adding to the vibe). Great service and amazing bayside location. Beautiful interior. Pricey but worth it!Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2014Pleasantly surprised by food and service. Was expecting somewhat less on both counts since this is part of a chain. All wonderful.Special Features:
- Great FoodShropDined on 4/30/2014A really nice restaurant with great food and bar with terrific bartenders. The problem I have with it was our server, who was condescending, particularly when he found out we were from the UK. He asked if we were local, we obviously said no and the service deteriorated whilst he concentrated on other tables. San Diego is built on tourism, surely we should expect to get the same service as local guests.Special Features:
- WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2014It was a great evening, from the hostess' greeting until the final good-by. Our server was courteous, knowledgeable about the menu and enthusiastic. He checked back often, without being intrusive. The crab cake was the best we've tasted -- East Coast or West. The bisque and corn chowder were excellent. The fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. The ingredients paired with the seafood were out of the ordinary. We enjoyed the new tastes. The scallops with grapefruit was a real crowd-pleaser. The wine list had many varied choices at affordable prices. We especially enjoyed the live music coming from the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 LegsnonameVIPDined on 4/30/2014The 3 legs of a great dining experience are (1) great food; (2) great service; and (3) great ambiance. Eddie V's has numbers 1 and 2 down pat (outstanding), but the 3rd leg is broken. The piano music in the lounge was bad 1950’s style and the decor was like an Aqua Vela velveteen gangster pad.
- Great place.BjorkyouDined on 4/29/2014Enjoyed our food and drinks. The dessert, bananas foster, was amazing. I will return to try out the oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!mmebearDined on 4/29/2014Not only was our meal scrumptious but our server (the lovely Ms Ashley) was very knowledgable & friendly.Special Features:
- very expensiveamplcswVIPDined on 4/29/2014Food was so-so. Could have been an off night. Too expensive for my tastes.Special Features:
- Very accommodatingDowntownDwellerDined on 4/27/2014We had a great time at Eddie V's. The staff was excellent and so was the food. Many chefs won't plate 2 shared dishes for the customers; Eddie V's did that. We discovered that one fish choice was unavailable; that told us that the fish is very fresh and Eddie V's would rather sell out of a choice than have fish on hand that is less than fresh. Eddie V's has a bit of a superiority complex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood!YvonneDined on 4/26/2014We all ordered fish and each one was exquisite. We were seated late (by 1/2 hour), which accounts for the lower rating. The manager took care of our cocktails until we were seated.Special Features:
- Incredible dinnerSDLocalDined on 4/26/2014I made an advance reservation for 7:30 on a Saturday and when we arrived they were absolutely packed. We were about 6-7 minutes late so I'm not sure if that affected our reservation, but we were not seated until a little after 8pm. That was the only minor setback to the evening - otherwise the staff was excellent, the food was the best I've had in recent memory, and the Managing Partner made a point of coming over to visit our table and ask how our dinner was. We were celebrating my husbands 50th birthday so they gave us a complimentary dessert (banana fosters butter cake - unbelievable), which was a great end to an excellent dinner. Eddie V's is an excellent addition to downtown San Diego dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.