Eddie V's - San Diego
789 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Shelter Island / San Diego Bay
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - San Diego
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 6196150281
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 4pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Moran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Relax in our V Lounge where you can enjoy live music every night of the week. It's the perfect place to meet your friends and make new ones.
A word from Eddie V's - San Diego
Join us at Eddie V's - San Diego; and let the comfortably sophisticated environment, sparkling atmosphere, and sounds of live jazz that fill the air set the tone for an exceptional dining experience. Choose from a varied selection of the finest seafood available, or indulge in our critically…… acclaimed prime center cut steaks, aged 28 days and broiled to perfection. Compliment your meal with a selection from our wine menu, an award-wining list of more than 200 wines curated by our Master Sommelier. If a more relaxed experience is desired, visit our V Lounge where you can sip classic and creative cocktails, and enjoy signature appetizers against a backdrop of soulful jazz and seductive lighting. Whatever the occasion, from a quiet weeknight dinner to a special private event, let us handle every detail. We'll do the work. You bask in the glory.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Eddie V's - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Shelter Island / San Diego Bay ›
Eddie V's - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
288 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (220)romantic (167)fit for foodies (141)notable wine list (129)vibrant bar scene (70)good for groups (68)hot spot (47)neighborhood gem (47)late-night find (34)great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (10)scenic view (5)Show More
- Wonderful Restaurant!luv2dine11Dined on 7/5/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Eddie V's in downtown San Diego. The food and service were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Food, service and ambiance are all outstanding. Seafood was cooked perfectly and not over sauced. The banana fosters cake was amazing, one of the best deserts we have ever had.Special Features:
- Fabulous evenngJanDDined on 6/30/2014I brought my 83 year old dad here for a late Father's Day dinner, along with my husband. Everything was outstanding, from the service where everyone introduced themselves, to the wine list, to the food. Scallops were excellent; the mushroom salad was excellent (and even large enough to be a main course if you aren't super hungry). My Chilean See Bass was perfect. I'm so happy Eddy V's is at the Headquarters. We will return.Special Features:
- Very niceKHFdezDined on 6/30/2014There is live music in the bar, which can also be enjoyed in the dining roomSpecial Features:
- Mrs SheppardSDRestaurantLoverVIPDined on 6/29/2014Great overall experience and would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014We were celebrating an anniversary. They treated us royally!!!!Special Features:
- Great Dinner for a Special OccasionFood4thoughtDined on 6/28/2014The food was excellent--very tasty and flavorful, and the service was even better! Our server, Adam, made the entire experience all the more enjoyable!Special Features:
- Amazing food4jamiejamDined on 6/28/2014Food from start to finish (including wine) was a joy for foodies. We will be back for sure!Special Features:
- 50th Wedding AnniversaryJeanieBDined on 6/28/2014We took a long time to choose where we would have dinner with our friends for our mutual 50th. This was a great choice. Wonderful food and service. We will recommend it. It was a great evening and we appreciated the kind attention and care.Special Features:
- Special iningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014This restaurant would be a good choice for a special occasion dinner, such as birthday, anniversary, etc. The food is excellently prepared and has a great taste. Prices are too high to make this restaurant a regular dining spot.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceJEMMDined on 6/27/2014Over all this was a great experience. I would have loved it if they had big open windows to see the water view outside but I think they stuck to the historical architecture of the building making that impossible. It has a nice clean modern atmosphere however that was still very classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I Loved it!DKMKVIPDined on 6/27/2014Service was excellent, food was excellent, and very comfortable, I highly recommend Eddie V'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014I have visited other Eddie V's locations but this location is very inviting and the staff is superb! I was celebrating a birthday and I appreciated the special touch from the staff especially Patricia. I liked the way she offered recommendations. The food was outstanding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!BiondaDined on 6/26/2014Eddie V's is a beautiful addition to the new Headquarters at Seaport Village. My date and I forwent the formal dining room in favor of the boisterous lounge. Loved the 3-piece jazz ensemble. Our waitress was awesome, and we loved her recommendations (try the halibut, it's amazing!). Wonderful place with great seafood.Special Features:
- excellent serviceJanislDined on 6/24/2014First time dining here. Service was exceptional. There were some issues with side dish being cold and salmon overcooked but waiter immediately apologized, sent it back to kitchen and everything was corrected promptly. Definitely the staff cares about the customer and it is appreciated a lot.
- BruinVIPDined on 6/23/2014Great food and service, came here for a meeting and it worked out well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/23/2014Great food, great service. The oysters and the ahi tuna were outstanding! The wine list was extensive and the beer list was good as well.Special Features:
- AlexDined on 6/22/2014Very good fresh fish and seafood, very good cooked. Cozy, stylish interior, good service.Special Features:
- SlondonDined on 6/21/2014This was the best dining experience my husband and I have had in years! The service was impeccable - friendly, knowledgable, engaging but not intrusive. The food was amazing. We shared both the Chilean Sea Bass and the New York strip - both delicious. A table close to us had a couple with 5 young people which made the experience a bit less romantic due to the chatter. Never-the-less, we will definitely make it back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner EVER!Thurman8rDined on 6/21/2014Todd recommended all of the BEST EVER: Appetizer- Maryland blue crab/ Salad- Wild mushroom salad/ Main course- Bone-in rib eye 22 oz. steak & Hong Kong style steamed Chilean Sea Bass/ Sides- Brussel sprouts w/ bacon and shallots & crab fried rice with mushrooms/ Dessert- banana butter cake with locally made pecan ice cream... it was a GREAT anniversary meal 17 years in the making! They even presented us with an anniversary card signed by the entire crew!! Class joint- we'll be back!! No sign of Eddie Vedder : ) He'd actually have a taco stand on the beach, this was not his restaurant, but we were drawn to the name from our favorite band- PEARL JAM!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return to Eddie V's!SeldomReviewDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I visited Eddie V's for an anniversary. We would not be more please with the service that the staff and our waiver, George, provided us. The food was wonderful. (The lobster tacos lived up to their growing reputation.) The menu offered so many choices, which made it hard to decide what to order. We need to return someday soon. The jazz music added a nice ambiance to the evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantKoukla2004Dined on 6/21/2014Great menu, great service, food was served hot on hot plates. The Crab Cake appetizers were delicious, as was the Lemon Crusted Filet of Sole. The bottle of wine that we chose was a perfect addition to our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- V for VictoryfreshfreshfreshVIPDined on 6/21/2014San Diego has needed this sort of atmosphere/food combination. Great vibe, interesting menu, and staff from the GM down to the bussers dedicated to making your experience the best it can be. I have been there three times now, and it has just gotten better. Softshell crab is in season and as a special it was memorable. I also had the seabass in broth. Sheer perfection. I can't say enough, this will be one my regular spots, and I don't have many regular spots.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!Anderson1859Dined on 6/21/2014Celebrated our Wedding Anniversary with friends, the food and the service were outstanding. The wedge salad, sea bass and 12 oz filet were the standouts. Our server along with the rest of the staff were awesome! And the Banana Foster desert was to die for. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineExpDined on 6/20/2014The restaurant was fine. Great ambiance! It was a nice surprise seeing flower petals at our table and a "Happy Anniversary" card. The food was great. The service was a little to be desired as we felt somewhat rushed. We were enjoying our appetizer with our glass of wine when the side dishes arrived within a minute after the appetizer had arrived. We asked to wait until we were done with the appetizer. Everything else went smooth after that. We even had a free desert on them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Experiencelwaldron13Dined on 6/20/2014From the moment we entered the premise until we excited we were treated wonderfully! When I booked I noted that it was our 10th Anniversary and could we have a nice table. We had an exceptional table with a beautiful linen tablecloth and napkins, upon which, were scattered red rose petals and a card signed by the staff. The ambiance was fabulous, the great Jazz ensemble playing in the lounge took it over the top. The recommended red bottle of wine was perfect with the amazing lobster, I had. My Partner had shrimp and often extolled the virtues of her dinner. We were presented with a special dessert and candle, that was decadent! We have never experience a better celebratory evening in our 10 years together! We will be back!Special Features:
- A true dining pleasureEllenVIPDined on 6/20/2014We have not had such a fine combination of food and service in many other places. This place is over the top.Special Features:
- Amazing food!Luv3969Dined on 6/18/2014The food was amazing!!!! The waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and the food! He recomended a few items on the menu that were delicious. He was the best waiter we have ever had, he made this a great experience! They have a huge selection of wines and they have great presentation. The overall appearance of the restaurant is very ellegant and clean! I recommend this restaurant if you are celebrating something special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in SDOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2014Adam is a fine waiter, great experience, highly recommended. Much better than Ruth's Chris, Morton's or other comparable restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding food and servicePaulDined on 6/15/2014If you are looking for an unbeatable combination of great food and outstanding service, look no further! Eddie V's new location in the headquarters at Seaport village is sure to please seafood and meat lovers alike! We dined there for Father's Day '14 and were not disappointed by the food. The seafood was deliciously prepared, and the filet my son enjoyed was as good as it gets! Our waiter, named "V", gave us superb service combined with knowledgeable advice on the menu. This place is a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great new seafood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Top shelf service from a super friendly staff. Great food on all fronts and a nice place to be, we will come back!Special Features:
- CrapDined on 6/14/2014We all as a family truly enjoyed our night celebrating Father's Day Eddie V's even had a heart felt card for my husband, our server was amazing! Ask for Todd's section. Food as always is perfect! You will never be disappointed Diane & Dan Garcia Point Loma LocalsSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodEastCoastFoodieDined on 6/14/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant. The food is absolutely amazing...in it's own class raising the bar. They have a great jazz band every night setting a bright tone in the atmosphere. The waiter Todd was so attentive and knowledgeable about the operation, menu and food ingredients. However I think they could have done something better with the interior design...it's just ok. When the food is that good I think the atmosphere should have the wow factor as well. PS. The bar is a great place to chill and watch the band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingIHeartFoodDined on 6/14/2014Most delicious and perfectly prepared dishes I have ever experienced. Server (Leanne, I believe) was perfect: knowledgeable, light-hearted, funny, kind, and thorough. Although it definitely cost a pretty penny, the service and food is perfection, so you are paying for quality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014The food is perfect and our waitress who looks like Sarah Jessica Parker is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fish in San Diego?HowcrabDined on 6/10/2014What a pleasure to have a top-class seafood restaurant in San Diego. Oceanaire has great seafood but with steakhouse sides; Top of the Market is very ordinary; Blue Point is tired (like all Cohn restaurants lately); King's is good and with great oysters but Eddie V's was excellent although the oyster choice is not as good as King's. The fish we had (lemon sole and redfish) was excellent, plentiful and well prepared. The choice of sides was also great. The wild mushroom salad appetizer was awesome. The service was very very good. Overall an A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining DelightDineforfunDined on 6/8/2014This was our first visit to Eddie V's and we had a wonderful experience. The restaurant has great ambience and the food was absolutely delicious! They also have a really interesting list of fun cocktails. The service was impeccable, not pestering, but very attentive. There is also valet parking available. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Great food & need phone policyTurnURPhoneOFFDined on 6/7/2014We went to Eddie V's to celebrate our anniversary. The staff did a very nice job of recognizing the special event. Service was very friendly and suited for our dinner cadence. We actually had our table moved mid-dinner due to the guests who were seated behind us. The guest was talking very loud on his phone and unfortunately, the dinning staff didn't take the proactive action to recognize the noise level and ask that he try to keep his volume lower. We enjoyed the rest of our dinner at another table. After talking the manager -- he recognized the uncomfortable position -- and offered us certificates for a future visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinner for a special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/6/2014The staff at Eddie V's went above and beyond to make our anniversary special. By far, the best service here in SD. The entree was flavorful and the dessert was delicious. Thanks again to the staff at Eddie V'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in San Diego!dinnerd8VIPDined on 6/6/2014Our meals were very fresh and cooked to perfection (we had the soft-shell crab, halibut, and grouper). All of the servers were very friendly and attentive. We will definitely be returning!Special Features: