Eddie V's - San Diego
789 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Shelter Island / San Diego Bay
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - San Diego
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 6196150281
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 4pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Moran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Relax in our V Lounge where you can enjoy live music every night of the week. It's the perfect place to meet your friends and make new ones.
A word from Eddie V's - San Diego
Join us at Eddie V's - San Diego; and let the comfortably sophisticated environment, sparkling atmosphere, and sounds of live jazz that fill the air set the tone for an exceptional dining experience. Choose from a varied selection of the finest seafood available, or indulge in our critically…… acclaimed prime center cut steaks, aged 28 days and broiled to perfection. Compliment your meal with a selection from our wine menu, an award-wining list of more than 200 wines curated by our Master Sommelier. If a more relaxed experience is desired, visit our V Lounge where you can sip classic and creative cocktails, and enjoy signature appetizers against a backdrop of soulful jazz and seductive lighting. Whatever the occasion, from a quiet weeknight dinner to a special private event, let us handle every detail. We'll do the work. You bask in the glory.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Eddie V's - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Shelter Island / San Diego Bay ›
Eddie V's - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
312 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (230)romantic (182)fit for foodies (157)notable wine list (138)good for groups (87)vibrant bar scene (71)neighborhood gem (59)hot spot (55)late-night find (32)great for outdoor dining (21)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (10)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (8)Show More
- Eddie V's in San DiegoRolandVIPDined on 9/22/2014I am frequent diner at the Eddie V's in Fort Worth and it was great to see that this one in San Diego is carrying on the tradition of excellence in food, atmosphere, service and music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceDarcyDined on 9/22/2014We had a terrific meal at Eddie V's for Restaurant Week. Had the Filet and Sole entrees- highly recommend them. We had fantastic service from V- we'd ask for his area again. We even figured out the pay and display parking outside.Special Features:
- I'll be back!NerissaVIPDined on 9/22/2014Went for my birthday and loved it from beginning to end! Tell everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff--chefs need to step upsocprofVIPDined on 9/22/2014Fun location (Headquarters), wait staff was truly excellent from cocktail lounge to dining area. Lobster bisque had good flavor but was "thin." The parmesan coated sole was terrible, dry and flavorless from being overcooked. Creme brulee was excellent even though it was substituted for the ordered Butterscotch panna cotta. With all the wonderful steak and seafood restaurants in San Diego (we do miss the Palm), we wouldn't go back.
- Eddie VsBallyhooDined on 9/21/2014Made a last minute reservation for our 25th wedding anniversary. We were seated right away. They put rose petals on our table. Everybody recognized the ocassion. Waiter was nice. First two rounds of our meal came out quick. We waited about 30-45 minutes after that for the main course. Our waiter kept us up to date without making excuses. The manager came by, apologized and offered glasses of any wine we would like on the house. The wait for us was not a big deal as we had a nice relaxing time. Most of the time it is wham bam and over. Overall I liked this place even though it is a chain and owned by a large company. Inthought the place is nice, service was good and the food was really good. I would repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much food!RKO2Dined on 9/21/2014My friends and I came for Restaurant Week and left well fed. The truffle mac and cheese was the highlight!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014The food was delicious. I had the filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly. the dessert were tasty as well. The waitress did not seem to know what she was doing and spilled wine all over the table. too badSpecial Features:
- I loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Food is always amazing. Great live music in the bar.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceFoodiesfromCVDined on 9/21/2014We visited Eddie V's for dinner during SD restaurant week and it was fabulous. The prefixed menu had something for everyone. The portions were super generous and the food was delicious!!! We will absolutely be dining at Eddie V's again.Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014impeccable service, friendly and professional staff and delicious food, must try the banana foster dessert! MUST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best I've had in San DiegoBrendanDined on 9/20/2014Had the best meal of the year and a half I've lived here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near FlawlessMerklearDined on 9/20/2014Three visits and all of them were nearly perfect. The food is amazing with fresh specials cycling in and out. Service is impeccable. The bar is very hip with some of the best cocktails in town.Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureMajVicDined on 9/16/2014I knew nothing of this place, but I liked the name. I wanted good seafood, so I thought I'd try it. What a find. I enjoyed it, so much I went back the following evening. Don't miss this place, it's a little hidden, but seek it out you won't be disappointed. Best seafood I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Pleasant Surprise Great MealMehhhVIPDined on 9/14/2014In town for business dinner for 2. Picked based on review and location to the hotel, across the street. The Tuna and Mahi Mahi cuts were like beef filets and exceptional, the balance of the salads and sides- very good. Service by Domenica was outstanding. I would not hesitate to return the next time in San Diego.
- Amazing dinnerDanniDined on 9/13/2014The appetizers are quite filling, we ordered the batterfried oysters -- 5 large plump oysters with a dollop of yellow curry sauce on top, each sitting on pickled cucumber and crispy lotus root --amazing!! We also had the Maine lobster taco appetizer -- 2 taco's filled with sweet lobster claw meat -- also delicious but messy (as expected). Our entrees were: swordfish which was cooked perfectly-- so tender and moist with a pile of crab and avocado and a hint of red chili & citrus--the flavor was bright and fresh; and the halibut which was also cooked perfectly and served in a more rustic preparation over a bed of tender edamame, sweet corn and smoky nuggets of pork shank in a rich smoky sauce. Unfortunately we were too full for dessert!!Special Features:
- Terrific foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/11/2014save room for the banana foster butter cake. its surreal!Special Features:
- Great Jazz with Good FoodjawsDined on 9/11/2014It was a birthday dinner and I was delighted by the attentive service, fabulous Jazz quartet, their thoughtfulness with the Desert for the celebrant. Very very nice experience.Special Features:
- FitFoodGuyFitfoodyguyVIPDined on 9/10/2014Was on a trip to San Diego and was looking for a steakhouse. A friend recommended Eddie v's and I ended up getting seafood because the menu was so great!!! My gf had the steak and she actually finished the fillet for a first! Great service, great music, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An AMAZING experience at Eddie VsNYCfoodLoverDined on 9/6/2014I was visiting San Diego for a long romantic getaway weekend with my girlfriend and wanted to do what we call a "sexy dinner". Being from NYC, we LOVE amazing food and an environment where we can dress up and have a romantic night out for dinner and drinks. Eddie Vs was the PERFECT place. We got there a few minutes early and went to the V Lounge for a cocktail and to enjoy the live jazz music while our table was prepared. Cocktails were strong, and reasonably priced. We ordered the Lump Crab Cake and Fried Oyster appetizers which were INCREDIBLE. We ordered the Surf and Turf special and the Scallops. Both were amazing and cooked to perfection. Service was fast and frequent. Highly recommend this place for any special occasion for a couple.Special Features:
- Dinner at Eddie VsdanielpirainoDined on 9/6/2014This was a repeat after a very bad experience several months ago. This time everything was great. The server (Domenica) was attentive but not obtrusive. The food was outstanding and the wine went well with our food selections. It was an overall wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Eddie V'sLuLuVIPDined on 9/6/2014Was fantastic! The wait staff were attentive - the food was more than we expected. The crab cakes - to die for. I could just eat them and be happy!Special Features:
- great for birthdays6x6cubeDined on 9/6/2014The food was awesome starting from the appetizer. The seafood and steak choices are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow Wow WowAnonymousVIPDined on 9/5/2014This is the sort of dining establishment I associate with Las Vegas. Huge, polished, food faultless & generally making an oversize impression of effortless abundance. They made every effort to accommodate & made it seem as though doing so was a pleasant diversion. The food was outstanding. We had the lobster tacos which we loved, but it was all sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSunDiegoDined on 9/5/2014Simply amazing. The service, food and atmosphere was great. I highly recommend Eddie V's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat2enjoyDined on 9/5/2014Over the top waiter. Need to listen to our answers. Give us 15 to 20 minutes to enjoy our cocktail does not mean check back every 3 to 5 minutes. To much sunlight through the front door. No way to shade the direct sunlight in our faces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableLovingcaliforniaVIPDined on 9/5/2014Service and food were outstanding. Manager personally made sure we were well taken care of. Called us by name each time he came to the table.Special Features:
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Every time my husband and I dine here the experience is nothing short of outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningeNestersDined on 9/2/2014We celebrated our 25th at Eddie V's in Downtown. Our table was covered with rose peddles! The staff was amazing from the Manager Mario coming by to say hi and congrats, to our wonderful server Patricia! We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappoint!mariVIPDined on 9/1/2014This was our 3rd time to Eddie V's as it has become our very favorite restaurant. We celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary and our high expectations for a wonderful evening were exceeded by very warm and personal service, excellent food and romantic atmosphere. Eddie V's really understands and delivers on customer service and fabulous food! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FINDLvgatorfanDined on 8/31/2014Tried this restaurant for first time had never heard of it We were very glad that we did sitting right away had early reservations so place was not over crowded and very quiet easy to have conversation I had a ribeye and wife had lobster both were excellent Steak just melted in your mouth and cooked just right Wife said lobster tasted great just the right seasoning Service was very good and just the right amount of attentiveness and never felt rushed though out the meal Manager came over to see if everything was to our satisfaction This may have been our first time but it won't be our lastSpecial Features:
- Great RestaurantKevoDined on 8/30/2014We had a great time Saturday night. Had a little issue with an entree but they took care of it immediately. The staff could not be better, very friendly and helpful. We plan a return visit very soon.Special Features:
- So specialJMG2000Dined on 8/28/2014We made last-minute reservations to celebrate my husband's birthday. Not only did they fit us in, they made the evening so special, complete with a birthday card signed by the entire staff and a delicious personalized, complimentary dessert. Our waitress was warm, friendly, and helpful without being over-bearing, and the food was outstanding. Best shrimp cocktail and lobster bisque we have ever tasted. I wish we lived in San Diego so we could celebrate every special occasion at Eddie V's!Special Features:
- Fun and FoodiecavityninjaDined on 8/28/2014This was the perfect place to bring our out of town family. We had a big group and there was plenty of room. Food was EXCELLENT. Tuna tartar and calamari were some of our favorites. Everyone loved their dish and hubby said his steak was better than a lot of the steakhouses in San Diego. Kuddos to Chef Brian and his staff.Special Features:
- Flawless From Start to FinishCaptainCuisineDined on 8/26/20142nd time to V's. Best seats are in booth 133. Good jazz sounds (though they need a female torch singer VS guys singing 50's stuff). Ordered the Chilean Sea Bass and my wife had the steak. This was absolutely the best seafood dish I have ever tasted. Perfectly prepared, medium rare, moist, tender & offset with mild soy and spinach. Nothing to detract from the delicate flavor of the fish. My wife's filet was top grade, cooked perfectly and oh so tender. Ashley was our server & she was the ultimate professional, knowledgeable, articulate and great on repeated call backs. We wanted for nothing. One of the best all time experiences, obviously operated by consummate restaurant professionals.Special Features:
- Excellent Lobster!d828VIPDined on 8/25/2014Went for dinner. Excellent food, and presentation. Bisque was excellent as we're the twin lobster tails. My wife hates beets and she loved the candies beets with pecans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edie V's is the place to be.KarlasKreationsDined on 8/24/2014We had the most wonderful dinner and anniversary celebration at Eddie V's. It was for my sisters 47 th and the food was phenomenal. But Swordfish and crab. Amazing. Sher and Dons anniversary. Service was exceptional. They make you feel like Royalty. I had the scallops. Melt in your mouth luxury. more importantly the ambience was unbelievable. They had rose petals on the table with a lovely anniversary card waiting for us when we arrived. And the service was top-notch. Our server, Ky was beyond belief. I highly recommend this as a wonderful five-star dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect dinner!junaceDined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent; service was superb! Perfect place for my birthday celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLandGboydDined on 8/23/2014We celebrated our birthdays and was very impressed with the quality, taste and presentation of our meal. The birthday cards, signed by the staff was a nice personal touch and the complementary dessert was much appreciated. Our server was pleasant, gracious, professional and very accommodating. Only negative, and a very small one, was that Ginger was craving a glass of Riesling but there was none to be had. Overall the evening was a great success with excellent food and service. We have added Eddie-V's to our list of very special places to dine.Special Features:
- Great seafoodsteveb99Dined on 8/22/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the food, the seafood tower was great with fantastic oysters. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EpicaragrynzDined on 8/22/2014First time at the downtown location because I was hesitant and wanted the view like at La Jolla but this locations dining experience definitely makes up for it with elegance and vibe from the management/staff. We celebrated a special occasion and got treated with rose petals, free wine and deserts at no cost. The live music was outstanding as well. I'd recommend this location to anyone and will visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.