199 Clarendon St.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.skipjacks.com/
- Phone: 6175363500x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeff Senior
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Party with us! Let our experts help you celebrate hassle free. We can create a menu and atmosphere perfect for your party needs. From family parties to corporate events, your place or ours, we eagerly await your call.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Barnhart 6175363500x
- Entertainment: Live jazz brunch every Sunday at Skipjack's! The Winiker's offer top quality jazz with their quartet. Skipjack's offers an acoustically favorable room and delicious brunch fare to make every Sunday memorable. Starts at 10am every Sunday!
- Cross Street: Boylston & St James
- Public Transit: We are walking distance from both the Back Bay Station(orange line and commuter rail) and the Copley T(green line).
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer two hour free parking in our building anytime after 5:00PM. Simply have your parking ticket validated by your server prior to leaving. Enter the underground area on Clarendon or St James.
A word from Skipjack's Boston
Located in the heart of the Back Bay (across the street from Trinity Church). Skipjack's has devoted itself to importing the freshest seafood from around the world and offering it at the best prices in town. Skipjack's is a local favorite. Superb seafood, prime steak and a fresh creative sushi menu. Delicious cocktails and libations with an award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Skipjack's Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (17)special occasion (12)neighborhood gem (10)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (5)hot spot (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Service was an issueOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/30/2013I haven't eaten here in a while. This time I went for lunch. Server took 10 minutes to come over to the table. Was very friendly but disappeared for 10-15 minute blocks. The whole place seemed overwhelmed. It was busy but not that busy. they have to get their service act together.
- Nice variety of food. FromOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2013Nice variety of food. From sushi to sandwiches. We asked to be seated outside and the staff were accommodating since we were the only ones outside. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hadn't been back since ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2013Hadn't been back since our daughter graduated from Northeastern over 20 years ago. Great place. This time we brought our granddaughter. Everyone was wonderful including the manager who brought us a birthday sundae even though it wasn't really her birthday so it was a special evening for all of us. Thank you so very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkipJack's is one of my Favourite!MiataNinaDined on 7/27/2013I am rarely disappointed by the selections on their menu. For me, their portion size is just right. I was surprised that there was not more patrons on the night we visited. It was SummerArts Weekend in Copley Sq. Perhaps those that attended the event was not aware of the great place to eat just around the corner.
- Out of townerScottDined on 7/20/2013I was visiting Boston from Ohio and wanted a restaurant with top notch food that I didn't feel like I had to dress for. My t-shirt and shorts attire was not out of place, yet the ambience was classy and the food excellent. The manager talked to every table within my eyeline and was very friendly and courteous. I'll be returning to Boston and to Skipjack next month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAITRESS FORGOT TO BRING ROLLSOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2013WAITRESS FORGOT TO BRING ROLLS TO TABLE. ORDERED OYSTERS FOR APPETIZER. THEY CAME AFTER DINNER WAS SERVED. THE FOOD IS VERY GOOD, BUT THE SERVICE WAS LESS THAN PAR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingPeteDined on 6/30/2013Skipjack's came highly recommended by a colleague. In the event we were very disappointed. I couldn't taste the seafood on my seafood platter as it was all suffocated by batter. My friend's cod with carrots on the side looked like something I have prepared myself when after a quick meal.
- Ho Hum when we expected goodVisitorsFromSFDined on 6/24/2013Mediocre dining experience when we expected more based on reviews. Even though the restaurant was not busy when we ate (late dinner @8:30), the waiter was inattentive. We repeatedly had a hard time getting his attention. We could have eaten in 45 minutes, but instead it took much longer. We sent back a "lime" drink because it tasted like lime, and not much else. Food was not impressive, and not a fair value for the price according to other dining experiences we had in Boston last week.
- Great way to end the work dayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2013Skipjacks was a great end of day spot for terrific drinks and great seafood. Great location, attentive service, terrific selection of fish and seafood with a lot of different preparations to satisfy everyone in the group. Always enjoy stopping in for a good meal in BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has the feel of a family restaurantchloebuttsVIPDined on 6/16/2013Has the feel of a family restaurant to me. Had brunch, the food was very good and the service was as well. The atmosphere could use some help, The lighting was too bright, although the live jazz was nice and a good draw. For being located in the Back Bay it could be a bit nicer.
- Daughter and myself foundFrediDined on 6/15/2013Daughter and myself found the food very good, we enjoyed the server, most likely would eat there again.Special Features:
- Good eatsHappyDined on 6/14/2013The food was very good...not incredible but overall great flavor and served well for the price. My only problem was the killer bread delivered just before the entree. It was irrresistable and made us feel stuffed afterward.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skipjack's good, not outstanding.Tom01867Dined on 6/10/2013We went to Skipjack's in Boston to celebrate our anniversary. It had been a couple of years since our last meal at a Skipjack's---we went fairly frequently to the Framingham location (now closed). It seems the quality of pretty much everything has declined to about average. Our server varied between attentive to getting annoyed at the few questions we had about the menu. I may return 1 more time to see if maybe this was an "off night", since Skipjack's used to be a favorite. All in all, not a bad experience, just not outstanding --- and Boston is filled with exceptional restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had seven people but had toEatoutoftenDined on 6/7/2013Had seven people but had to make reservations for 3 and 4. When we got there he put us at a nice round table for all seven of us and seated us 15 minites early!Special Features:
- Not a hitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2013This place was disappointing due to poor service.Drinks slow to come,wine incorrectly delivered.Altogether a non event would not recommend unless starving.
- not bad, not great eitherGHHHDined on 5/26/2013Medium to good food. Overcooked scallops, cold coffee. Great wasabi salmon. Service much too slow and inattentive.
- Excellent Seafood in the Back BayArtRDined on 5/25/2013We hadn't eaten at Skipjack's for years, ever since the Brookline Village location closed. The Clarendon Street location is much less like a crab shack and much more of a fine dining atmosphere. The service was very good, striking that elusive balance of casual friendliness with attention to detail. The menu was extensive enough without being overwhelming, adventurous enough without being cute. The food was very, very good. Pricing was reasonable given the ambience, service, and quality. We plan to return to this restaurant when we are in the Back Bay.Special Features:
- Good but not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2013Overall the visit was ok, but don't think we would go back. We had an early reservation for a friday night, we were seated immediately but were not given menus or water for a good ten minutes. I have been to the skipjacks in foxboro and the food was amazing, unfortunately the food here did not wow me like the previous experience. My haddock came over cooked and lacking flavor I found myself adding a lot of S&P and asking for lemon. My boyfriends steak was ok but his haddock (surf n turf) was also very dry. The appetizers were the best part, would recommend the oysters and steamers! All in all, wasn't the worst experience wasn't the greatest just ok.Special Features:
- Sadly disappointedreally4meDined on 5/13/2013Maine lobster came, just not what I would expect for Boston. 1.5 pound was very small tail piece and not well cooked, very dry although I order it steamed. Only side was a tiny coleslaw and no rice or potatoes when I asked for steamed veggies instead of french fries. Who the cost -- C+.Special Features:
- We were there on Mother'sQueesdinerDined on 5/12/2013We were there on Mother's Day.Our waiter, Danny, was very calm, polite and sweet.Our order was accurate.I generally dread restaurants on holidays, but our experience there exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite up to parlambkinVIPDined on 5/12/2013Was there on Mother's Day....had a reservation so we were seated quickly. The music was great but the service was poor and the food was average.Special Features:
- Excellent as UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013Mother's Day lunch was a very pleasant experience at Skipjacks. The food was exceptional and we had a very enjoyable experience. We have been going to Skipjacks for years (at various locations) and always find their food to be top of the line, service to be prompt and accomodating and the overall experience very high quality.Special Features:
- Although the food was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2013Although the food was good, the speed of the service left a lot to be desired. It took forever to get our drinks and then our food. It was not crazy busy, so we could not understand why everything was so slow. Given the competetion for good seafood places at this price point, I probably won't return.Special Features:
- Good as usual..BamteachDined on 5/10/2013We have been coming here for years when we are at the MTA convention in Boston. ( teachers' convention) The food is always good. This time the service was good but then, we waited over twenty minutes for our check. We finally asked for it. We were sitting for some time before we got service after our food was delivered. The place was not crowded at all. I did enjoy my meal as usual. I may look for another place next year.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceReebstaDined on 5/8/2013Arrived a few minutes early for our noon reservation, seated right away in a section that was very crowded, we ordered right away since we had to get back to work within the hour or so. We ordered an appitizer for the table and we also gave our server our lunch order at the same time. The appitizer came out promptly and then we waited and waited and waited and waited, when we did see our server he would tell us I am checking the kitchen or it is coming right out. Every other table around us was getting their lunch except us, at 1:00 we got our lunch, he obviously forgot to put our order in.
- Has gone downhillFrequentFlyerVIPDined on 4/30/2013used to be a go-to for good seafood but recent trip there with 4 others was very disappointing; service was disjointed and slow during early part of lunch hour (although friendly). Food was subpar; fish was overcooked and over-salted....probably will be a while before I go back and I used to go quite often as I work in the building
- We loved this restaurant andJaniceHWDined on 4/27/2013We loved this restaurant and only wished we lived closer to visit it frequently. The service was the best we have ever had and the food was to die for. Everything was perfect--we will visit again when we are in Boston.Special Features:
- Was in Boston for first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Was in Boston for first time ever on a business conference... My boss had recommended we have dinner there when we planned the trip... Was very disappointed... Had my heart set on getting a stuffed lobster! Had already studied the menu online in advance... When waiter took our order and told him I wanted the lobster he stated it was in between seasons and they was out of lobsters!!! I was totally heart broken!!!
- Don't waste your timeArvaDined on 4/14/2013Awful server, food was bland and cold. Band was great but service trumps all and was it bad.
- Fish was fresh & tasty. MeasuredOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2013Fish was fresh & tasty. Measured wine amount per glass is weird. It made me feel like The restuarant was all about quantity not quality.
- For many years, our BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013For many years, our Boston marathon group has dined at Skipjack's on Saturday evening of marathon weekend. The seafood and service are always excellent, and we look forward to returning each year.
- Wasabi salmon was dry andFoodiehusbandDined on 4/13/2013Wasabi salmon was dry and not very hot (spicy). Sea bass and clams were very good though.
- Service was slow, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2013Service was slow, food was average the salmon was very thin and dry. Paid extra for a larger glass of wine but it appeared to be normal size.Special Features:
- Great food, change type of breadOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/12/2013Food was excellent, much better even than I remembered. Skipjack-style fish preparation was delicious, and the vegetables were cooked perfectly. My only complaint would be the awful bread they serve........it was stale, as well as tasteless.
- Good swafood. Served fastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2013Good swafood. Served fast on a Thursday evening in early April. No crowd.
- Fine, nothing special...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/27/2013Food was fine, nothing special, and the prices are fine to a little high given it was a. Good meal you could have had about anywhere.
- Great for out of town guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2013A friend was in from out of town and fresh seafood is always the number one choice for visitors. I had never been to Skipjack's before, but someone suggested it. The food was delicious! She had lobster bisque and I had calamari (spicy). We each had the wasabi-encrusted salmon and split a waffle dessert. Everything was outstanding. The service was top-notch, and our waitress also patiently took photos of us using two cameras. We never felt rushed, which allowed our conversations to meander except for necessary interruptions. We were very pleased with the amount of the bill as it was less that we anticipated for such a great experience.Special Features:
- The Jazz Brunch was a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2013The Jazz Brunch was a very enjoyable experience. The food was excellent but the live music really made it special!Special Features:
- Service was friendly and attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013Service was friendly and attentive. We asked to alter two dishes to suit out needs and it was done cheerfully. All in all, a nice dining experience!Special Features:
- Glad I gave it a try!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013Everything was fresh and delicious. It was very evident that the waitstaff works well together, we received everything when it was ready even if it was delivered by someone other than our server. It was my first time there but I would definitely go back!!!Special Features: