199 Clarendon St.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.skipjacks.com/
- Phone: 6175363500x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeff Senior
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Party with us! Let our experts help you celebrate hassle free. We can create a menu and atmosphere perfect for your party needs. From family parties to corporate events, your place or ours, we eagerly await your call.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Barnhart 6175363500x
- Entertainment: Live jazz brunch every Sunday at Skipjack's! The Winiker's offer top quality jazz with their quartet. Skipjack's offers an acoustically favorable room and delicious brunch fare to make every Sunday memorable. Starts at 10am every Sunday!
- Cross Street: Boylston & St James
- Public Transit: We are walking distance from both the Back Bay Station(orange line and commuter rail) and the Copley T(green line).
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer two hour free parking in our building anytime after 5:00PM. Simply have your parking ticket validated by your server prior to leaving. Enter the underground area on Clarendon or St James.
A word from Skipjack's Boston
Located in the heart of the Back Bay (across the street from Trinity Church). Skipjack's has devoted itself to importing the freshest seafood from around the world and offering it at the best prices in town. Skipjack's is a local favorite. Superb seafood, prime steak and a fresh creative sushi menu. Delicious cocktails and libations with an award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Skipjack's Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)good for groups (20)great for lunch (17)special occasion (14)neighborhood gem (12)great for brunch (9)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good food and serviceMKETDined on 5/3/2014Great evening out. Terrific drinks and recommendations were spot on. When scallops were too spicy the waitress had them replaced. I didn't have to ask she took it upon herself. Great evening out.Special Features:
- Nothing bad, nothing really goodJDouglasDined on 5/3/2014Food okay. Service okay. Not what I was expecting.
- perfectMoMoDined on 4/30/2014we had an awesome meal. the service was informative and attentive. maybe a little hovering, however it was not that busy and he was a delight to talk to. food came exactly as described. always a pleasure to visit this place.Special Features:
- Fabulous Lobster Roll!LuvgrtfoodVIPDined on 4/28/2014My husband and I were delighted to find out that each lobster roll ($25), is made to order. The server specifically asks how much mayonnaise you want in your lobster preparation. Both my husband and I are very health conscious and asked for very little mayonnaise. We both received rolls that were overflowing with lobster, very little mayonnaise. The menu says each sandwich has a half pound of lobster in it, I think our rolls had more like three quarters of a pound each. The restaurant itself has little ambience, it looks much like a Bennigan's inside. This is a great place for lunch, specifically if you ordered the lobster roll. I would not recommend as a special dinner location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not overwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2014Skipjacks is a reasonably price restaurant close to the Copley and Prudential centers so makes for a convenient escape from your local hotel dining facilities. This is my second dinner experience with them and it is OK but not anything draw me back again. Next time in the area, I am going to give them a try for lunch.
- Never disappointed in SkipjacksjpwhelanDined on 4/26/2014This is one of my favorite restaurant s in Boston. A great location on Copley Square; delicious seafood cooked to perfection; moderate noise level so conversation can flow. Walking distance to symphony, theater or Jordan Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchBjwintsDined on 4/26/2014Went to celebrate a birthday with my adult daughter pre afternoon theater and it was really good....food and service. They made a point of honoring my request for a nice table and remembered to wish her a happy birthday. I was really pleased.Special Features:
- good food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014We did not receive the correct menu for a Sunday brunch. The waiter was disinterested to rude. There was an error on the bill.Special Features:
- Marathon EscapeHollymacDined on 4/19/2014Just a block from the Marathon finish line, this quiet spot has excellent seafood selections and some of the most terrific rolls you can find anywhere. Sunday Jazz brunch is a must at my neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Yes!StacyandPhilipDined on 4/18/20142 Words - A. Mazing. We both had the Lobster Casserole and it was perhaps the best thing I've ever put in my mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotLMF1VIPDined on 4/15/2014The food is always so great, the service is quick and the menu has a little bit of everything for all palates.Special Features:
- lilsplendorVIPDined on 4/15/2014Food is decent. Good for quick work lunch as there's never a wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent choice for Seafood.LoveSeafoodDined on 4/8/2014excellent choice for Seafood. I Highly recommend for business events and social gatherings.Special Features:
- Food was good. Waiter seemedKAC1Dined on 4/5/2014Food was good. Waiter seemed overwhelmed at first, and we had to ask if we could order drinks when we sat down. Overall, a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz Brunch always a winnerMrGeeVIPDined on 3/30/2014Nice the the brunch went back to having the guest singers get up. Makes it much more fun most of the timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The makings of a great evening-butPickyButReasonableDined on 3/26/2014This is a great location, with very good seafood. Not too fancy - comfortable place to eat. What ruined the evening was the service. Our waiter was clearly bored with his job - rattled off the 'favorite' menu items too fast to understand, and visably sighed when he was asked to slow down and repeat. There was no effort to note down the seating of the group, so when the appetizers came, they were offered to the wrong guests. Same with the dinners. These were both served by people other than our waiter, so I cut some slack there, but our waiter took our coffee/cappuccino orders and then delivered them himself and got the placement wrong. With more attentive and caring service, this restaurant could be a favorite.
- No buenoElaineDined on 3/21/2014We loved our experience at the Foxboro location. The dining experience this time was far from perfect, an almost empty restaurant and our waitress was non-existent. My swordfish was like a block of wood. I did say something and they took it off the bill, however they did not ask if I would like something else. I left the restaurant hungry. :(
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/18/2014Food was not great. fish was fresh but not much flavor. Unimpressed. Expected much more for the price. Not one healthy or close to it side on the menu.. Potato and rice only.
- Excellent Chilean SeabassOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014A friend of mine recommended Skipjack. This was my first visit to Boston and I followed his advice. After having the Chilean Seabass Skipjack Style I must say goiung to this restaurant has become a "must" every time I'll go there.Special Features:
- our go to place for lunchCharScottVIPDined on 3/12/2014When we attend an afternoon theatre performance, this is always a good choice for quick, pleasant service and tasty food and we know we will not be late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skipjack's BostonHL123Dined on 2/28/2014Food and service were excellent. Lobster bisque was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good seafood near Copley sq.foodloverDined on 2/27/2014As a visitor in town on business I asked my client for a suggestion for a business lunch. Skipjacks was his recommendation and it worked out well. Attentive service, followed by a wide selection of seafood as well as options for non-seafood eaters. Swordfish was fresh and moist and my colleague had a well-portioned bento box of sushi. Again all fresh and good. The noise level was moderate and a business discussion can be had without too much difficulty. Prices are very reasonable too.Special Features:
- basic but goodspectorDined on 2/19/2014i ducked into skipjacks on a weeknight. The server was very pleasant, quick and efficient. The food was fresh and tasty but I felt it was a bit oily. My son ordered a friend calamari appetizer and loved it. He followed with fish tacos which he also said were very good. I had broiled mahi-mahi which was good but a tad dry. I also felt the side dishes were uninteresting-fries, mashed potatoes etc. I think it would be a good place for families with basic palettes. They did have a nice looking sushi menu although I didn't order anything. I think our bill was around 90 dollars which would be a little steep for some considering we did not order dessert. I wouldn't consider it gourmet cooking but it was very good.Special Features:
- OutstandingBal5045Dined on 2/14/2014"I love the relaxed feel of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. Our server was great and outstanding even though I don't remember his name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot2goodVIPDined on 2/14/2014Excellent food and service! Received a reminder call about our reservation. Went for Valentine Day and it was the perfect experience. The appetizer were great; drinks on point and ginger sea bass excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time at SkipjacksCruzFamilyDined on 2/14/2014I've been to Skipjacks many times, but my last time there (Valentines day 2014) topped them all. The menu choices were fantastic- you had the choice of Pre-Fixe or choose your own. The food as always was amazing, from the starter salad and shrimp cocktail to the entrée, and the dessert. Both the chocolate bread pudding and mousse were amazing. The waiter, Tony, was one of the best waiters I've ever had. He recommended a great wine for me and my husband, and even helped my husband tie his lobster bib (albeit a bit embarrassing for me). Overall a great experience, I always have a yearning to go back to Skipjacks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkipJack's not likely!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Looking forward to dining there sooner than later. Really enjoyed the crab cake! As a matter of fact there was nothing that I didn't enjoy. The selection of music was a pleasant surprise < ;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give it a tryhummVIPDined on 2/9/2014This was my third visit to the restaurant. Each time it was for Sunday brunch as it is near the hotel were I usually stay when I'm in town. The Jazz was good and so was the service, but the food was different. It wasn't bad, just different. I can't say that I will visit again, but there is no reason why you shouldn't. Good location, nice layout....and your first Bloody Mary is only $1.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skipjack StyleHerkyVIPDined on 2/7/2014Trust the server's recommendation for the best fish of the season & then have it Skipjack style: excellent.Special Features:
- Food is ok, great service,mjbosDined on 2/4/2014Food is ok, great service, good for a quick lunch. Friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2014Visiting from Philly for a few days so I need to get my fish fix! Excellent meal with truly exceptional service. I would definitely come back, maybe even tonite for my last night n Beantown!Special Features:
- GF Menu - Be Aware if AllergensChrissieVIPDined on 1/28/2014The gluten free menu had lot of great options. Be aware - the fries etc are cooked in the same oil as those items that are NOT GF. Our waiter was not properly trained and couldn't answer my questions. I do have other allergies and my dish came out wrong and had to be remade. It was delicious once corrected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No goFoodVIPDined on 1/19/2014We made a reservation to try the Jazz Brunch on a Sunday after reading reviews of shoddy service and decided to give it a try. The music was lovely. However, after watching the same waiter serve the table next to us for the first 20 minutes of our visit with no acknowledgement we got up and left. There were several other wait staff that saw us there and were doing nothing except staring as we left. We didn't even get water, much less a greeting. If you want listen to Jazz and be ignored this would be a fantastic place for you.
- Great fresh seafoodgalsinbostonDined on 1/18/2014Terrific raw bar, all seafood fresh and prepared simply but very tasty and flavorful. Would recommend highly to seafood lovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the Jazz brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2014We enjoyed the Jazz brunch. Live music was a real plus. Food and service both excellent.Special Features:
- There are better choices....kelljVIPDined on 1/10/2014Great service, nice ambience, fair food...at the end of the day you do to a restaurant for the food and the quality of the food was equal to that of a Red Lobster...
- Great FoodSatisfiedDined on 1/10/2014I went to Skipjack's with three friends and we loved everything we ate, even the french fries and potato chips that came with the meal. I'd particularly recommend the calamari and dumpling appetizers. There is more of a variety of fish than most restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal as alwaysDonnaBDined on 1/9/2014I had the wasabi crusted Salmon over grilled veggie - it was flavorful and delicious. A friend and I also tried the tuna sushi roll - fine to split (3 pieces each). It was very good. Service was excellent. This is one of my favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on New Year's eve wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/31/2013Dinner on New Year's eve was disappointing, food was mediocre and the restaurant was out of several menu items.
- It was okManRiVIPDined on 12/31/2013The food was a bit pricey for the quality . The chopped salad was mushy and the lobster new berg had too much breading and too dry. Service was fine .I would recommend this to a friend.