Barsa Tapas Lounge & Bar
630 King St.
Charleston, SC 29403Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Barsa Tapas Lounge & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://barsacharleston.com/
- Phone: 8435775393x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Barsa Tapas Lounge & Bar
Barsa is a Spanish tapas restaurant on Upper King Street Charleston, South Carolina (Corner of King & Line). Spanish Tapas, Bar, and Lounge serving late night on the weekends! *Vegetarian and vegan friendly using locally-sourced ingredients.*Continued
We are serving same menu whole day - seven days a week!
We are serving same menu whole day - seven days a week!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barsa Tapas Lounge & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (21)romantic (17)special occasion (16)great for outdoor dining (15)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (10)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A wonderful assortment ofPeggyDined on 3/14/2014A wonderful assortment of small plates - all delicious. Our server was helpful and did not rush us. We felt comfortable taking our time and ordering a few plates at a time. Altogether it made for a good evening.Special Features:
- Spanish TreatSkullf16Dined on 3/13/2014Been to Barsa twice and have enjoyed the atmosphere and Paella both times! My wife and I split the chicken and chorizo paella. In a word: awesome. We lived in Spain for a three years and this is just like being in the community restaurants we used to visit in Madrid. Barsa makes dinner on Thursdays a great deal with specials on food and drinks and a live band beginning at 7PM. Even if you can't make it on Thursday you should go, you will be happy you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our dinner at BarsaparkerjechsDined on 3/9/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Barsa Tapas. We had an early Sunday evening reservation which provided a most enjoyable dinner conversation without having to shout to one another. Good food. Service staff was attentive while not being instrusive. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Done, phenomenal eveningChefLeonardo3Dined on 3/8/2014As a chef, a very busy one! Its not often I get to take my lovely wife out to dinner, much less on a date, even less 7 hours away in another state. I am very particular where we go to spend those few hours together at, they are very important to me, and I don't take them lightly. From the minute we walked in, we where made to feel welcome. Hostess was very nice, prompt and welcoming, took us to our table and promptly got our server. Our server was quick, courteous, prompt, attentive and extremely pleasant. noise level was just right, dining room, open and yet seemed private enough to have a romantic dinner. Food was impeccable, extremely well presented, ample and spot on. To the Chef and the entire staff KUDOS! You are all Charleston GemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/2/2014Really nice setting, leather and wood furnishings. Good variety of tapas ...everyone we had were flavorful and well prepared ( snapper, shrimp, empanadas , stuffed peppers, hanger steak, octopus) although portions were pretty small even for tapas. Meat and cheese tray was good and nice portion for the money. Good drink prices (wine and sangria)at happy hour. Fun spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedandyVIPDined on 3/1/2014Small portions even for tapas. Paella was dry. Too pricey for what they offer
- One of my favesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2014Barsa is one of my favorite restaurants in a town with many great choices. I dream about dunking my bread in the sauce of the lamb meatballs and I always have to order the dates with manchego cheese and Serrano ham. Every small plate I have ever tried has been a winner: the stuffed peppers, the potatoes, am getting hungry just thinking about it. We always order the seafood paella (with chorizo added) as soon as we arrive, since it takes awhile to cook. The only thing that could make things better for me would be a selection of sherries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelings.DHucksDined on 2/28/2014Food was really good. The paella was good, not great. I forgot to ask for the saccarat, waitress didn't ask either. Lot of potential though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/27/2014We wanted something different besides Southern Cooking and this was a great choice. Food was great and lots of choices for vegetariansSpecial Features:
- Quite a find!Charlie29485Dined on 2/27/2014This is a great place to enjoy some jazz and great food on a Thursday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodmpt0611983Dined on 2/26/2014The paella and the crème brulee was incredible! Next time we know to order a larger portion of the paella and save more room for dessert. We also loved the lamb meatballs and the mushrooms. Our waitress made the whole experience delightful. She was really helpful suggesting items. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to meet friendsLynnDined on 2/25/2014Great ambiance Fun evening for two or ten. Food was very good. Good variety. We will definitely be back! Quiet on a Tuesday night. May be noisier on weekendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas & jazz!reservations4sixDined on 2/20/2014We love to take family and friends on Thursday nights to enjoy live music of Steve Simon & the Jazz Kings. Great music to go with some really fine paella and tapas. Such fun and people are always eager to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Had a great valentines date with a gf! Will be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Went for valentines day.cheese and meat platter-awesome. Migas tapa recommended. Good little place. Brought me back to Spain a bitSpecial Features:
- I enjoyed my evening at Barsa.ILiveHereDined on 2/14/2014I enjoyed my evening at Barsa. The atmosphere is laid back, and the wait staff was very friendly. Some tapas, like the lamb meatballs, were very tasty, and other tapas were just average. The paella was very nice, but I felt it needed more saffron. Frankly, I felt the tapas were overpriced, and they are super small portions for what you pay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas and Paella!!SuzeDined on 2/14/2014Have gone to Barsa twice in the last month and both times it was great! Excellent food and service. Our server was very knowledgeable and friendly. Do try the Paella! We got a small and split it so we could have room for a few tapas. Don't forget the bread pudding at the end of the meal....yummmy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day DinnerGregDined on 2/14/2014First time at Barsa. The neighborhood and outside appearance had me wondering if I made the right choice, but the food was quite good with the exception that the Paella was over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you Barsa for anotherMissBelVIPDined on 2/6/2014Thank you Barsa for another delicious dinner!.... We Can't get better than this....great food ,wine and fabulous jazz..! Not to be missed: MIGAS: homemade ciabatta, chorizo, farm egg DATES :dates, manchego, serrano hamSpecial Features:
- BarsaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/5/2014Had a business dinner here w/ a great customer/friend & we loved Barsa. We tried 6 small plates - do not miss the Dates - they are amazing! The mushrooms and goat cheese were also a favorite. Our waiter recommended a nice tempranillo that neither of us had heard of and we loved that as well. Overall a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapasLuvmyneighborhoodDined on 2/1/2014Small plates are king at this attractive Spanish tapas gem on upper King street. The lamb meatballs and the chicken croquettes were wonderfully flavorful. The Seafood paella was delicious and the medium size was enough for four people after a few of their hardy tapas choices. The attached parking lot is a welcome plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas!ChicowomanDined on 1/24/2014We tried quite a few Tapas and all were very good. Did not disappoint! Very good service and fun atmosphere. We'll be back! A few Favorites were the proscuitto wrapped dates, snapper, mushrooms, peppers and chicken croquettes.Nice, well priced wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love Barsa!ScotVIPDined on 1/19/2014Our first visit several months ago was terrific. This visit was equally terrific! The tapas were delicious. The service was quick and crisp. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Atmosphere and servers areMaddyp19Dined on 1/19/2014Atmosphere and servers are amazing but the food trumps them both! Bar is always a good drinking spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad drinksCHPCDined on 1/18/2014This was my second time at Barsa. I took a friend there and promised great food and the best sangria ever. The food delivered but the sangria was so awful that we had to send it back only to be told by our waitress that we were not the only ones to have done just that. It was so disappointing because the first time I went, the sangria was the best I had ever had. Too bad! Food was great though. Paellas are huge, a small for 2 is way enoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and musicCharlie29485Dined on 1/16/2014We have been to Barsa's at least a half dozen times. We love the idea of tapas (appetizer portions) so you can experience/taste different foods and they are quite good. The drinks are okay, nothing special and slowly served. Some servers aren't as friendly as others and it may take a while to get them to come back to the table especially when it's a full house. We usually go in a small group on Thursday nights to listen to the wonderful Oscar River Jazz band and the various singers that come out to join them, and enjoy our food and drinks. This is one of our favorite places to go, so we kind of overlook the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarsaTBabeVIPDined on 1/11/2014Go! Everything on menu fabulous. And I've had everything. Never a disappointment. Known for their Paella. Happened in with a group during restaurant week and that's deal of the century. So accomadating... Great food, great service, great atmosphere, and great wine list. What else does a person need!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real solidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2014Real solid spot for a date. Some good beers and food was great. Real solid date spot.Special Features:
- We've dined several timesMissBelVIPDined on 1/9/2014We've dined several times and attended a party at Barsa... Very happy with the meals we have had. Looking forward to returning again...will bring friends!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, great service,SporticusDined on 12/28/2013Wonderful food, great service, great for the kids too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highs and LowsJoeBigAppleDined on 12/27/2013Barsa really is a great restaurant. Very unique food choices, and all very tasty. I have two issues, though ... The seafood paella comes with a snapper...the WHOLE fish, which was very disturbing. I prefer the chef pre-cut the fish instead. Further, while our server was pleasant, he was not helpful with our orders and made no suggestions. In a tapas restaurant you'd expect that level of service to be second nature. But overall, I highly recommend Barsa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!LiLOxVIPDined on 12/26/2013Overall great experience. It is just the kind of restaurant Charleston needs. I love the low country cooking you find elsewhere, but if you are looking for something a little different, this is your spot. We went on a Thursday night when the jazz band was playing, and it was fantastic. My only complaint is that we ordered two different wines and they were out of both. As a wine bar, this should never happen. However, as a wine lover, I am flexible because there were so many good choices. In the end, we got a great bottle for a very reasonable price. I will come back to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four dollar Sangria's !OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/26/2013All night special the night we dined. Very good tapas selecton, we ordered too many fried items, we did have plenty of the Sangria to wash it down. Enjoyed live jazz group. Would be fun for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good start to ChristmasedandjanDined on 12/23/2013We had dinner here on our arrival in Charleston. Rainy evening but the food was great and the service wonderful. Did not expect the quality of food we received. The dates were beyond description, the calamari was crisp, light and plentiful. The olives were a nice start and the variety was wonderful. The wines were good we tried several with each plate of tapas. Relaxing atmosphere, did not have the paella which they apparently prepare very well. Highly recommend this area for a special occasion or just a place to set have a drink and try tapas well beyond what you would expect. Don't be afraid of the area, many families were there and couples as well and the management handled both well.Special Features:
- Outstanding! Great experience...SealTeamChasVIPDined on 12/19/2013Barsa has always been good but it seems to have gotten even better. We hadn't been there in awhile and went for a special occasion. We had a great experience--excellent food, great service, nice ambience. It's also nice that they have parking. We will definitely be back soon!!!Special Features:
- Love the menu, but feel thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/13/2013Love the menu, but feel that the quality of the food is not as good as it once was. Last time I was at Barsa I ordered paella with chicken. It took an hour to have it served and the chicken was undercooked. Great potential for an unique dining venue in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish AdventurefoodieadventurerDined on 11/30/2013We started with Manchego cheese, the best I've ever tasted, drunken goat, also delicious, and Serrano ham, garnished with pickled onions, olives, and pickles. Then the Tapas arrived like a star studded parade of little treasures. Creamy roasted chicken and kale croquettes. They were light, fluffy, and delicious, the octopus with smoked paprika, and lemon was so tender and lovely. The lamb meatballs in spicy tomato sauce were moderately spicy and flavorful with the lamb shining through. The local mushrooms were divine with the herbed goat cheese. Dessert. OMG! The traditional flan was done perfectly with subtle aromatic flavors. The warm chocolate flourless cake was molten ecstasy served with luscious vanilla ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experiencewinestuartDined on 11/29/2013Barsa continues to impress. This was our fifth visit over the past 2 years. The wine list is excellent, and the small plates are well prepared and perfect for sharing. The empanadas, lamb meatballs, stuffed peppers, octopus and cilantro shrimp all disappeared quickly. The jamon and cheese plates are always good, and who can resist the patatas bravas? This was the first time we tried the dates, which were excellent. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We decided in the afternoonloves2eatDined on 11/22/2013We decided in the afternoon to meet some friends for dinner. We were able to make a reservation for the time we wanted to go. Since 2 of us had only been there once, a while back for lunch, the waitress was great in guiding us to order to feed 2 hungry men. She checked on us throughout the evening, refilling our water glasses, and keeping the cocktails coming. I would definitely go back. I have a special needs brother that would enjoy it because you are not eating on top of others and there is room to move around, unlike many other restaurants. I would also think you could easily get a wheelchair in there. Parking lot behind the restaurant so that makes it extra nice. No paying to park on op of eating out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Paella ever!! Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/19/2013Best Paella ever!! Very good selection of delicious tapas. Everything tastes fresh. Good drinks at the bar.Special Features: