928 S. Perry St.
Spokane, WA 99202Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://casperfry.com/
- Phone: 5095350536
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: W-M 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner: M,W-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Josh Grimes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Casper Fry
We take our inspiration from the world around us. From Casper and a simpler time when American craftsmanship insured quality, and most foods were fresh, and grown locally. At Casper Fry we’ve crafted each detail with thought and care. Designing a restaurant, and a menu that is reflective of the classic foods of comfort, which invoke nostalgia, yet inspire us to reinvent. We’re taking a modern approach in recreating authentic Southern dishes, relying on the beautiful foods of our region. We feel strongly about reinvesting in our local economy, supporting our local farmers and ranchers, and contributing to a sustainable environment. We think it’s important to know the story about the food we eat. As a family with roots here, we’re excited to participate in the revitalization of the historic South Perry neighborhood. At Casper Fry we embody and embrace the vital strands of this essential fabric of our town, and we promise to always deliver non-complicated, farm inspired American true fContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Casper Fry - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Casper Fry reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (21)good for groups (19)hot spot (18)great for lunch (17)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great City VibeLoveThaiDined on 2/17/2014The atmosphere of the restaurant is terrific. The owner also took special care of us when one of our meals was not up to it's usual standard; she took it right off the bill! They take great care of their customers, wanting everyone to have a great experience and come back time and time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what I WantedDonabDined on 2/15/2014Dinner out with my brother and his wife. Wanted to show off our city and its dining scene. Service was great, food was great, nice space to spend time in. Only thing I might do is block the view into the kitchen from the table. Not bad really, just not ideal. Overall, a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought we were in SeattleCFischDined on 2/15/2014What a great find! This is the type of restaurant we enjoy going to on the west side, we were thrilled when we drove up and even more so when we stepped inside. Great atmosphere, menu and spirits list! Can't wait to take our friends there to share our find..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh OriginalityRopesmonkeyDined on 2/15/2014We loved the vintage atmosphere, the signature drinks and the local good suppliers list! The staff were great and the food was deliciously original!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuff folksJoegarshaDined on 2/14/2014Great food, great cocktails,great service and cool interior design. I'm not in Spokane often, but will be looking forward to returning here for dinner when I am in town nextSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Dinner VisitCompassDined on 2/14/2014Found this little gem just before Valentine's day weekend. Made reservations for a small group (9) for Valentine's day evening. Sometimes it isn't the best to try a new restaurant on a busy night like that but our experience was wonderful. Everyone in our party loved the casual urban ambiance. We ordered a few appetizers and a diverse number of entrees as well as a few desserts...and were not disappointed in any. The service was very good...our server was very pleasant and patient with our group (many questions about the menu, since it was first time for all). Our meals arrived in a reasonable time and together...which isn't always the case when you have nine at your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing from the moment weOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Amazing from the moment we stepped in the door! The ambiance is awesome! We had a large group for Valentine's Day plus a baby and they were fantastic! The incredibly delectable food, the warm & prompt service and the unique old fashion drinks are always above and beyond what we expect! Their weekend brunch is fabulous, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBbbbbDined on 2/14/2014Driving up to the restaurant, we did not know what to expect. Once we walked in, we fell in love with the decor and fell even more in love with the food. For fresh, southern food, with a more northern twist. Cannot wait to go back for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014We've heard wonderful things about this restaurant but our experience wasn't that great. We couldn't place it, but everything on our plates, from chicken to vegetables to biscuits had the same flavor and it wasn't appealing to us. Guess our tastes are more simple but it wasn't for us.Special Features:
- Awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Love the location. The variety of food was excellent. I'm definitely coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perhaps not the fishGaryBDined on 2/12/2014Ordered the Ono special. Way over cooked. When we told our wait person, he was gracious and immediately took it away. Gave us another in about 15 minutes, but alas it was overcooked as well. Also ordered the Sea Food Hot Pot, normally one of my favoriets, but it too was a little over done. It is a cool place and will not give up on it.Special Features:
- Awesome Way to Spend a BirthdayRunThis35Dined on 2/9/2014I brought 12 women to celebrate my birthday with a booze-y brunch after yoga. Wonderful food. Great drinks. I am always thrilled to be here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST BRUNCHLuluDined on 2/8/2014I have been to Casper Fry multiple times for dinner so I was excited to try brunch. For what might have been the first time in my life, my entire family LOVED it! Usually one of us is unhappy when we go out, we have very differing tastes. Casper Fry proved it was possible for all six of us to have a great meal out together. The brisket and eggs with grits was to die for. My brother in law devoured the shrimp sandwich. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Addition to Perry Street!SpokaneKariDined on 2/7/2014We have now been to Casper Fry twice and have enjoyed both visits! Now both sets of friends we have taken have also taken their friends! I am afraid it is going to become so popular that we will never get a reservation again! Loved the cornbread! The Flat Iron Steak and Hamburgers are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southern Style In SpokanesdenDined on 2/6/2014Having been to this restaurant several times for dinner, it is worth noting that the food is consistently good. The southern flair is ever present, however, the creative spin is very enjoyable. The flavors are fantastic and the wonderful aroma of a smokehouse hits you the second you walk in the door. Fun, busy, metropolitan style dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place but slow on deliveryDinerDined on 2/5/2014Cool neighborhood restaurant. The small plates were good. The chicken was moist but a bit sweet for my taste. Not sure what the service is usually like but it took us almost 45 minutes to get chicken, grits, and a burger. The waiter was nice and gave us some complimentary pie.Special Features:
- Always GeatBennyDined on 1/31/2014I have tried almost everything on the menu. Except they keep adding new surprises. This is a problem for me. I like to have a favorite menu item, that I know I can always go back to and I can count on it being great. The problem is, every time I try something new, it becomes my favorite. When I come back, I don't know what to order. Every thing is now my favorite. If they have a new item on the menu, I want to try it because I know it will be fantastic. But that is a problem. A good problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereniwdlabluapDined on 1/26/2014Wonderful food, friendly service and excellent ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceDocPollyDined on 1/19/2014Excellent food and brunch cocktails. Chairs hard for a long chit chat meal which is probably by design, but it is not the kind of soft plushy place where one wants to linger. These are old fashioned school seats like they had in desks long days ago. The high chairs by the round tables for two were fine but also good for quick chit chat and out brunch lasting about an hour was not one of memorable comfort, but the food was great. The maple bacon flavor outstanding. The hash browns so so and you would do better for that at a local diner. The coffee terrific but had to ask for refills. Nice place overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014This was our first time at Casper frays. It was fabulous. We will be back,,,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in Perry DistrictOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014A group of friends and I decided to get together for dinner, decided on Casper Fry based on their selection of comfort foods on their menu. Upon arrival, the place was half full. I instantly thought Boston. The staff and hostess were all pretty hip and I recall one of my friends using the term "yuppie". Music was playing, the staff was excellent, plenty of conversations were taking lace throughout the entire room. Not only was out waiter super friendly, but he got all 10 orders correct. The food was awesome! Appetizers came out in what seemed as instanly. I'd recommend the house sausage or shrimp. For dinner, pork chop or meatloaf. It got pretty loud, but that's expected on a Friday night. Overall, we loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodBobPDined on 1/11/2014Which is difficult to achieve in Spokane. The trout was very nice. I hope to leave room for dessert next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down HillDrMacDined on 1/11/2014I've been here several times over the past year. The flat iron steak was a sirloin cut. It was seasoned well, but tough. The waitress said that they have a different supplier. It was 45 minutes from the time we placed our order to get our food. The service has definitely deteriorated from a year ago. Not sure I'd go back.Special Features:
- An oasis in a winter townGrmz09Dined on 1/5/2014The minute you walk into Casper Fry, you feel at home. The atmosphere is filled with commradarie. Everyone is friendly, and attentive. We never had to wait long for our drinks, which of course, was inspired by the huge bar and it's selection. There is so much to say about the food, but there is just one word that will sum up our fare, excellent! We no doubt will no doubt return and mist definitely recommend it to others visiting A dreary Spokane, WA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014Our family likes to explore new dining locations on our birthdays. We've been doing this since our daughter was in her early teens. She wanted to experience ethnic foods, and support local artisan restaurants. We've rarely been disappointed, and our trip to Casper Fry was no different. We're glad we made reservations for 7:00. It was't busy when we got there, but was full by 7:30. We enjoyed the Spicy & Sweet Shrimp as an appetizer, and cleaned the bowl. We ordered and shared bites of the Swordfish special - great flavors, the Brined Pork Chop - wonderful, and the Seafood Hot Pot which had nice variety of potatoes and seafood. Our vegetarian friend had the Pimento & Pickles with the Roasted Pear Salad. All was good, we will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made My Dad proudSandyDined on 1/3/2014My father can eat meatloaf more consistently than anyone I know. So, I ordered the meatloaf and it was very good. Spicy but not too spicy. I enjoyed meeting a friend there and trying a place that was new. We came early enough that I got a parking spot. That could have been a problem if we'd come much later. The seating wasn't the most comfortable but it was doable. However, I did like the inside of the restaurant. I will definately go back. The waiter was fine also.Special Features:
- Reservation not helpfulAlisonDined on 12/31/2013We made a reservation and didn't get seated until over 30 minutes after our reservation time. It was New Year's Eve and we were seated so late it ended up ruining plans we had later in the evening.Special Features:
- NoiseDSpokaneDined on 12/31/2013This is the second time we have eaten at Caspar Fry's. Everything was great. However, it was exceptionally loud, so much so that it was difficult to carry on a conversationSpecial Features:
- DeliciousNicoleDined on 12/29/2013My Boyfriend and I recently met some friends at Casper Fry's. The food was amazing and the service was wonderful. This is truly a little treasure in Spokane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casper Fry Food & FunSistersDiningOutDined on 12/18/2013Great meal in a wonderful space. Warm, friendly and efficient service and great food with a southern flair make for a relaxing but special experience. The pork chop and small plate choices were wonderful and the drinks are creative. Overall one of the top tier dining experiences in Spokane. Casual atmosphere combined with great service and food that is seriously good!Special Features: