Cherry Creek Grill - Denver
184 Steele St
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cherry Creek Grill - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cherrycreekgrill.com/
- Phone: 3033223524
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Mark Hunter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cherry Creek Grill - Denver
Located in the heart of Cherry Creek, the Cherry Creek Grill offers scratch-made American cuisine and prompt, friendly service. With fresh Skillet Cornbread, the colorful Macho Salad, or a slice of Banana Pie, our unique and Southwestern inspired flavors are not to be missed. We look forward to welcoming you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cherry Creek Grill - Denver - Best Restaurants in Cherry Creek ›
Cherry Creek Grill - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)romantic (4)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- NYE 2014WinoVIPDined on 12/31/2013Great NYE dinner. Service was great. Food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Overpriced and pushed us out quickBrine3210Dined on 12/30/2013We hadn't been to the Grill in a few years. Overall things looked the same but the experience wasn't. The staff seemed to be trying to turn the table over in record time. We tried to pace our ordering a bit as we had the whole night free. Drinks, app, dinner. We still got pushed out within half an hour. It felt very rushed. Mix that with over prices food, which we don't mind I'm a nice restaurant with good atmosphere, and it was very disappointing. Very expensive half an hour meal. We won't be back and have already let others know about the experience. We aren't big drinkers so perhaps we weren't worth the Grill's time.
- The best artichoke ever!JanieOVIPDined on 12/29/2013The short ribs, ahi tuna salad and Scottish salmon were also tasty.Special Features:
- Amazing ribs!!dpresDined on 12/28/2013We came here from Georgia and we know BBQ. This is not the kind of place I thought I would find authentic South Carolina sauce and ribs done to perfection, but they nailed it!! Cornbread is mouth watering and the service was prompt and friendly. I think the message was sent about the greeters because we have been there on a few occasions and never have had an issue. Crowd is friendly, bartenders are chill great place for a dinner and a nice walk in the Cherry Creek area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is the salad?JimLDined on 12/28/2013When ordering both my wife and I ordered a main item and a large salad to split. Our food order came on a very timely basis, but the salad did not show up. The waitress showed up after we had eaten our main item. I asked where the salad was. She said she was sorry that it was missed, and wanted to know if we still wanted it. I'm not used to eating my salad last so declined to get it at that point. The food was very good but the particular waitress was not very attentive to her customer. They did deduct the cost of my wife's dinner to compensate.Special Features:
- Great Cherry Creek RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/24/2013We love this place! Excellent food, service and ambiance. We live on the east coast and travel to Denver a few times a year to visit family. This is literally our first stop from the airport!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!JFWCODined on 12/18/2013Great, no, wonderful food. It will never leave you disappointed, however if you make a reservation on a tight schedule (during a busy time of year) expect to wait at least 10 minutes. An annoyance for some (in particular the party that I was with the day we dined) but not a deal breaker to not return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid staple in a convenient spotLuv2cookDined on 12/16/2013A favorite that always delivers a quality meal. Drinks are always made well. Staff friendly.They haven't failed me yet. Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineDinerDined on 12/16/2013Great wine pours. Food is not exceptional but certainly tasty.Special Features:
- Sets std for dining in Cherry CkJoeConciergeDined on 12/14/2013I have been dining at this establishment since it started as Bandera over a decade ago. One cannot complain, a menu with comfort food coupled with some unique surprises. The Macho Salad, a favorite, the wood-burning oven still chruns out entree's with a unique infusion of smokiness. The seating always comfortable, the dining room energetic and staff casual yet professional. While I appreciate Hillstone nee Houstons at 3rd and Josephine, Cherry Creek Grill is still my "go-to" when I want to enjoy what has become a neighborhood institution for upscale casual dining. Be sure to make reservations as walk-in's on a busy night can wait for a bit even with quick turnover.Special Features:
- Surprising ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013I made a reservation for 8 PM on a Saturday night, when we arrived 5 minutes before our reservation we were told that they were running a bit late but our table would be ready in 10 minutes. As we were waiting the hostess told us we were next on the list but we did not end up being seated until 8:30. The manager showed us to our table and apologized for the wait and informed us that our meal was on the house! It was such a surprise and we ended up having a great meal with exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fresh and goodKateDined on 12/13/2013Consistently fresh and good food! Nice for small groups!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum! Now back off...SmartypantsDined on 12/13/2013The food here is always yummy (I especially love the grilled artichokes), though it's best to get there early or make a reservation because I'm not sure it's worth waiting 40 minutes for (honestly, I can think of few meals in Denver that are). However, on this last visit, I found the service to be intrusive rather than attentive. Our waitress would stroll up repeatedly and interrupt obvious conversation to ask if we were ready to order, if everything tasted okay, and whether we cared for more iced tea. Attentiveness I appreciate; attentiveness on steroids is just annoying. Still, it's a lovely spot (handsome room, dark woods, all booths), and it's hard to go wrong with the Macho Salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/12/2013but service was just fair and food took a very long time to come out. Room was unusually loud and we had to ask to switch tables in order to hear each other. Still, the french dip is the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't take reservations ifjjt1VIPDined on 12/10/2013don't take reservations if you can't honor them within a reasonable timeframe. we used to expect to wait 45 minutes for a table-- we do NOT expect that when we have made a reservation. and, once we are finally seated and ready to eat, it would be great not to be rushed through the meal (bringing out entrees before we are half way through the appetizer, trying to take plates before people are finished, etc.).
- Excellent overallLuagiDined on 12/8/2013The kale salad is the best I've ever had and the cornbread is like a dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/7/2013We asked for a larger table on Open Table Reservation, but they gave us a mini-table. Means they did not read the details. BUT, but everything else was excellent. Wine by the glass can be expensive ($14) if you do not stick with the house wine. Food was done perfectly and presentation was superb. Service and friendliness of staff was fun. Atmosphere was eclectic. We would have had to wait one hour if we had not made a reservation for 5:45 PM on Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Dishes; Reasonable PricesflfbreckDined on 12/6/2013Everything we had (group of four) was excellent. I had the ribs, which was outstanding. The service was superb. Left us alone when we wanted to talk, but there when we wanted service. Not a big wine selection, but good choices available at fair prices. Major downside is the noise level was so high we had trouble hearing each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal, even withOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/6/2013Excellent meal, even with a minor issue with our food, out waiter took care of it immediately. Staff was very friendly and on-hands to quickly fill up water glasses or clear plates. Food was excellent and filling. Always a great place to go.Special Features:
- As usual….SuzanneVIPDined on 12/3/2013I've eaten @the CCGrill since the opening. Great food/service and location . There is something on the menu for everyone's taste and the the consistency of quality never falters. So happy CCGrill joined open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the ribsDaveGDined on 11/30/2013My wife and I went to Cherry Creek Grill for a special night out. We started out sharing a macho salad and really enjoyed it (this salad would be a great lunch entree). Then I had the ribs and my wife had the chieck and ribs combo. We both enjoyed our meal. We were too full for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally had the chickenLouieDined on 11/30/2013Ordered the rotisserie chicken with rice. Tender and favorable.Special Features:
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/27/2013Server just wasn't on her game. Took 10 minutes for water and I had to ask twice. She didn't bring app plates. Acted like had never served before. I had a guest in town and was sorry I brought her to cc grill.
- Great FoodChanchVIPDined on 11/26/2013Outstanding service, great food. Reliable quality and ambiance. We will definitely come back again. Very kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cherry Creek GrillHeatherDined on 11/26/2013Always love Cherry Creek Grill. Great spot always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not so goodhappy2dineVIPDined on 11/25/2013As usual we had a nice meal at Cherry Creek Grill, but our server Chelsea was annoying. We arrived first and she continued to ask if we wanted to order something. We informed her several times that we were waiting for another couple and didn't want to order food until they arrived. We ordered a bottle of wine! Once our guests joined us she was immediately on everybody to make a decision about what they wanted for dinner. We have had Chelsea before and, while I understand they need to turn tables, they don't need to treat people like cattle. If you don't want us to enjoy our dining experience, there are plenty of other restaurants in the Creek that do. If we are put in Chelseas section again, we will ask to be moved!!Special Features:
- Great First ExperienceTerence1776Dined on 11/23/2013My wife and I met a client at the Cherry Creek Grill before a sporting event. Unsure of the client's expectations I was a little nervous; well we could not have been more pleased. The decor was classy, the service was well done, and the food was excellent. Our waitress answered all of our questions about the menu with a smile. When she found out it was our first time in the facility she even brought us an appitizer on the house (what a nice gesture). The restuarnt was in a word, refinded (but not stuffy by any means). We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very popular spot and forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013Very popular spot and for good reason, great lunch menu but make a reservation. Good spot for business lunch where you can talk without backgroound noise plus service is very efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Madness!1994DenverVIPDined on 11/16/2013I give this low overall rating because of the hostesses only. The food is incredible and so are the servers, so if you have more patience than me, eat here. But we walked in at 7pm for dinner and were told 45 minutes. After checking in over and over to be told again and again, we'd be next, we were finally seated after 9pm! This is no one's fault except the hostesses who clearly don't know table turnaround time to give a realistic wait time.Special Features:
- Loved our wait personOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/13/2013I think our waitress was named Allison. She was wonderful and great fun. She definitely added to our great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't need my businessForgottenVIPDined on 11/8/2013We love the food and the ambiance of the CC Grill but I have to wonder if they no longer need my business. We went for a birthday celebration with 6 people-- not what I considered a huge group. Made the reservation on Open Table and it wouldn't allow a party of 6. Called and found out it's because they "only have a few tables that accommodate 6, so they don't like to hold them." What? Wouldn't that be MORE of a reason to hold them? Woman made a "note in the book" that we needed a 6-top. Got there & they had us nowhere for 4 or for 6. Got sat at a booth normally for 4 which actually fit us fine but the waitress told us we couldn't sit there with 6 people and ran off to get a manager. All in all, it felt like they're too busy to bother.Special Features:
- Love Cherry Creek Grill !MsJoCookVIPDined on 11/8/2013Even had our 10 & 11 year old - my son had the beef ribs and we all wish we had - though all food was awesome!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal all aroundGavinVIPDined on 11/6/2013From the artichoke apps, to all the entrees we had, everything was excellent. Natasha who answered the phone when I called to make the reservation for us was incredibly hospitable and really set the tone for a great evening. We had Taylor as our server and she did a great job keeping up with the tables needs. I had the salmon and would order it again for sure, the rotisserie chicken and the ribs that were at our table too looked greatSpecial Features:
- So glad I can reserve on Open TableNyblettVIPDined on 11/6/2013I eat lunch at Cherry Creek Grill one or twice a week with clients. I am very happy that I will not be able to make reservations through Open Table. The macho salad is exceptional as is the corn bread and lamb sandwich. I guess I could run down the menu (which I know by heart!) and rave about every item. Have never had a bad meal and love the staff as well. My only complaint is that it is a bit pricey, but we're in Cherry Creek, so I guess that's to be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cherry Creek GrillNewToDenverDined on 11/1/2013This was our first vist to the restaurant. We enjoyed the food and experience. We plan to make this one of our regular places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.