Cherry Creek Grill - Denver
184 Steele St
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cherry Creek Grill - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cherrycreekgrill.com/
- Phone: 3033223524
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Mark Hunter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cherry Creek Grill - Denver
Located in the heart of Cherry Creek, the Cherry Creek Grill offers scratch-made American cuisine and prompt, friendly service. With fresh Skillet Cornbread, the colorful Macho Salad, or a slice of Banana Pie, our unique and Southwestern inspired flavors are not to be missed. We look forward to welcoming you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cherry Creek Grill - Denver - Best Restaurants in Cherry Creek ›
Cherry Creek Grill - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (10)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (7)special occasion (7)romantic (6)notable wine list (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always enjoyableqoessrDined on 3/3/2014Cherry Creek Grill has some great items on the menu and a great wine list. You probably want to make sure you have a reservation or it can be difficult to find a seat. The ambiance is dark but enjoyable. They serve a great blue cheese olive martini!Special Features:
- Delicious FoodJackattackDined on 2/28/2014We try and go here for a meal every time we are in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Macho saladElliesmaDined on 2/28/2014Why did you change the dressing? It used to be creamier and a bit sweeter. Now it tastes more like the dressing for the Kale salad. I have tried it 3 different times and sadly, I will no longer order my most favorite salad in all of Denver.
- The good lifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014great decor, splendid service, scrumptious food - all at high prices. You get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great SpoteatoutalotVIPDined on 2/26/2014These folks make the best chicken and prime rib sandwich anywhere in Denver. Wonderful staff, great people watching on the Cherry Creek streets. We aren't fans of the mashed potatoes with cabbage but they always make you the most delicious fresh batch without. Keep up the great work. One of our favorite spots...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good every time!!SweetzDined on 2/23/2014Cherry creek grill is a nice mix of sophistication and pleasure! Can't beat the artichoke apitizer and the Ahi Tuna salad!! Best I've ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Other than reservation unrecognizedanneDined on 2/22/2014Other than reservation unrecognized, (open table resolved), all was great as usual. Exception: caesar salad was flat and tasteless, addition of pepper a takeaway too. White sea bass outstanding as well as salmon for Restaurant Week special.Special Features:
- Always classy.JPaulDined on 2/20/2014The place for upscale hosting. Professional service and always good food.Special Features:
- Food was good. Booth we satronwDined on 2/19/2014Food was good. Booth we sat at was below a loud music speaker so it was difficult to carry on a conversationSpecial Features:
- Great Job - Great Food!CrusherDined on 2/19/2014Nothing but good things to say. i normally don't post reviews, but the food was outstanding the salmon was cooked perfectly & the Oreo Cookie dessert was awesome. Great atmosphere, polite and attentive servers - overall, can't go wrong with this choice of restaraunts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Disappointing ExperienceThomasDined on 2/17/2014Cherry Creek Grill has always been one of our favorite "go to" restaurants and this evenings experience will certainly change that. Took my wife there for her birthday and nothing lived up to our previous experiences. Even though the special occasion was identified we received a table next to the busiest section of the restaurant. Received unusually poor service. Grilled artichokes burnt on outside, undercooked on inside. Food was below average for this location and, of course, they ran out of my wife's favorite desert there, the chocolate-banana cream pie. It may have been because "they only had 2 desserts" available that evening. Past experiences will have us back again for another try but, truthfully, this was disappointing.
- Superb!CelesteVIPDined on 2/17/2014Warm atmosphere, cheerful service, yummy food and ample cocktails and wine!Special Features:
- Great evening @ Cherry Creek Grill!Gr8DinnerSpotDined on 2/15/2014Chef Derek and I had a nice dinner and would definitely recommend to others. Thanks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good if. . .JayBDined on 2/14/2014I went with my boyfriend for valentines day night and I reserved for 9:30. We got there 30 minutes early and they immediately seated us, which was nice. You could tell that some of the waitresses and waiters were spitting out a script with little (or fake) personality but they were still nice and no matter where you work, you have to say what you have to say. I really liked how dimly lit it was and it set a great mood. The food was amazing BUT is pretty pricy for how much you get on your plate. Considering you can get more for for less or around the same price in a few places downtown, I would say the place is pretty good if you know what you are getting into.Special Features:
- NiceclarkDined on 2/14/2014I cant say anything bad about this place. Great food at a great price. I will be dining there again.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodKleatusVIPDined on 2/14/2014While menu prices were much higher than expected for a power lunch, the food and portion sizes were worth the money. Excellent food, great service.Special Features:
- YummmmmmOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2014I can't stop ordering the French dip sandwich and grilled artichoke appetizer to ever try anything different! This place rocks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice lunch for businessJulieVIPDined on 2/7/2014Love their Macho Salad! Lots of good ingredients. Delicious!Special Features:
- Absolutely amazing! Was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014Absolutely amazing! Was really crowded. Definitely suggest reservations.Special Features:
- Always Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/5/2014This was an important business dinner for me, and those ribs helped to "seal the deal"! ;-) . This is my favorite restaurant in all of Cherry Creek. Please keep up the great work; service, food, ambience, etc., etc.Special Features:
- gypedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/2/2014We have been to this restaurant many times, but it has taken a dive recently, and it is off our list now. The menu never changes, they only ratchet the prices up. My wife had overcooked salmon with cold potatos, the spaghetti squash was good however. I had the prime rib sandwich, good but over priced. Before the "meal" we had an over priced glass of wine and an over priced mixed drink.
- Destination artichokeDT777Dined on 1/24/2014The Cherry Creek Grill has mastered the grilled artichoke - their presentation is simple, elegant and extraordinarily consistent -Special Features:
- Middle of the road.FrankDined on 1/23/2014The setting is rustic with lots of wood and stone work. Service was Ok. We had to ask for water 3 times before getting it. The wine selection is good, I had a rotisserie chicken and beef rib combo dinner. The Chicken was good. The beef ribs had a good flavor but the ribs were fatty and a very small portion. The mashed potato's were good and the Kale salad was good. My wife had a Caesar salad and ala cart Enchilada. They were good. While the food was good, nothing was outstanding or worth returning for.Special Features:
- Always excellentjaytDined on 1/21/2014This continues to be our regular spot. Excellent food, service, and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious!TippmannDined on 1/20/2014There's a reason this place has been in business for so long! We went on a Monday night and the place was packed. You walk in to the smell of wood ovens and chickens on the rotisserie and a dark restaurant with large leather booths and Colorado decor. For dinner, two of us got the chicken & ribs which comes with the most delicious kale salad (I asked for the recipe!) and Colcannon mashed potatoes which are absolutely divine! One person had the Macho salad (which I had recommended as the best chopped salad around), and the other had the trout which she loved. Our server was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. Great restaurant, will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair to Good - not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/14/2014Dined here on a Tuesday night in mid January. The service was great. Our waitress - Alison - was attentive, friendly, but not overbearing. I liked the booth seating - it was very classic and reminiscent of the 1950's. The food was inconsistent - some dishes were great - the kale & quinoa salad, the cornbread. Some dishes were average at best - the rib -eye, salmon. I probably won't dine here again - as I look for consistently good food & service - and the Cherry Creek Grill didn't really hit the mark.
- I love the food at CherrygiggelsDined on 1/14/2014I love the food at Cherry Creek Grill I also love the smell of the wood fire grillSpecial Features:
- No Surprises HereAlisonDined on 1/12/2014My wife & I are regular customers, we drive in from SW Lakewood frequently just to eat here. Love their grilled artichokes, must be in season though! Veggie burger, really? Tastes like prime beef!! Au jus beef sandwich, super, split it with your companion, cold slaw, that is not canned... and ahi salad...+++ Keep it up, staff is top of line.Special Features:
- Cherry Creek Grill offers it all!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2014The hostess was very helpful as I had to call to extend reservations several times and was very nice and understanding as was everything offered. They have delicious steak and Irish mashed potatoes as well as great beer! I would go back time and time againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedWW2013Dined on 1/9/2014Cherry Creek Grill is very reliable, every time we go we get a delicious meal and friendly service. A great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencecdd1100Dined on 1/8/2014The service and good were outstanding! Make a reservation though....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation MeaninglessWadePerryVIPDined on 1/7/2014Earlier this week, we made reservations to dine at Cherry Creek Grill. There were only 3 in our party. We arrived on time for our reservation. We were not seated until nearly 20 minutes later. By the time we received our food, it was 50 minutes after our originally scheduled reservation. This restaurant is popular with local business people. When entertaining business guests, time is of utmost importance. This is not to say the food should be waiting under a heat lamp for the guest. Business people run tight schedules and when a lunch runs way over schedule, guests run the risk of running late for their next appointments. Our server, Natalia, was fantastic! She was warm, energetic and knowledgable about the menu. She is exceptional.
- Great food as always! WineJakeDined on 1/4/2014Great food as always! Wine list not that great for the prices, menu has great classics. Portuguese clams...how about something from the continental US?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceStanVIPDined on 1/3/2014We were seated 1/2 hour late and we were hoping that the waiter would make up for this with good service...No such luck!! Bartender was excellent!! We love the food at this restaurant and we will go back but the service needs to improve.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant local grill barKrisw123VIPDined on 1/3/2014Excellent lively local grill bar with excellent service and good menu choices. Most dining seats are booths which is great for privacy and a bit of romantic ambience. Wagyu beef was spectacular. A firm favourite from now on,Special Features:
- Good Resturant in N. Cherry CreekCityDwellerDined on 1/1/2014We were pleased with the service and food. Couple of things--limited dressing selection for the house salad and kale vegetable dish was OK. Everything was well prepared and the wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very best cornbread!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2014Cherry Creek grill is always a good choice. I appreciate that they accept reservations, so no long wait for dinner. The service is professional and friendly. The menu is not extensive, but everything they make is delicious. The best thing? ... the cornbread! Absolutely my favorite treat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/31/2013Between their wonderful roasted chicken, sashimi salad, emerald kale and drinks, you will not leave unsatisfied! The only dissapoinment is the dessert menu which is so-so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrated our New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2013We celebrated our New Year's Eve by dining at Cherry Creek Grill. It was exceptional. We each had the special which was marinated seared fillet, mash potatoes (very tasty) and sautéed spinach. The steak preparation was just to our liking. The restaurant was vibrant and accommodated all different aged groups. We enjoyed the young children with their parents. You could just see their excitement by being included in the festivities. We live in Northern Colorado and usually enjoy a great lunch at Cherry Creek Grill. Our dinner was so enjoyable and the wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cherry creekpizzaDined on 12/31/2013Got in after a small delay, but it was New Years eve!! Food was great, but disappointed only one dessert on menu that night :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.