Cherry Creek Grill - Denver
184 Steele St
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cherry Creek Grill - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cherrycreekgrill.com/
- Phone: 3033223524
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Mark Hunter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cherry Creek Grill - Denver
Located in the heart of Cherry Creek, the Cherry Creek Grill offers scratch-made American cuisine and prompt, friendly service. With fresh Skillet Cornbread, the colorful Macho Salad, or a slice of Banana Pie, our unique and Southwestern inspired flavors are not to be missed. We look forward to welcoming you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cherry Creek Grill - Denver - Best Restaurants in Cherry Creek ›
Cherry Creek Grill - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (6)special occasion (5)romantic (5)good for groups (2)fit for foodies (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- consistently greatcinzersVIPDined on 6/12/2014The Cherry Creek Grill has stood the test of time. Food is always fresh and delicious, staff is friendly and knowledgeable and the atmosphere is comfortable and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillnotreturnDined on 6/10/2014The salad dressing for your usually wonderful Macho Salad was Not wonderful. It lacked sugar or whatever is sweet. There were very few dates in the salad. It was a real disappointment!
- ServiceTeach1250Dined on 6/7/2014Our server Vanessa was top notch. She was friendly, helpful and timely! They even brought us complimentary champs to help us celebrate our anniversary. CCG does a great job taking care of their customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu needs updating!JCinDenverVIPDined on 6/4/2014I love the CC Grill and it's a complete neighborhood gem, but honestly, the menu needs updating! This menu has been around for so many years and it's just too limited (and boring)! CC Grill is NOT on my "go to" list for lunch or dinner for this reason-- it's great for happy hour and a nibble, but there are much better menu options around CC worth exploring! An out-of-town guest who used to live here chose it for a recent dinner-- now they understand why we were pushing for a different option!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointingNiteOutDined on 6/4/2014Our server acted like she was doing us a favor by waiting on us. Menu seemed somewhat limited since they were out of three items. And when asked about the soup of the day listed on the menu the answer was "we don't serve soup in the summer". Personally I feel like the place is so dark that I was leaving the beautiful summer day behind as I was seated at our interior table. Next time I would request outdoor seating. Might be a better experience on a cold winter day for lunch- and then they might even have soup!
- Service suckedCreekman14Dined on 6/1/2014Service sucked. At those kind of prices you should have to ask for refills or more water. Over priced for what you get
- business lunch - but not much elsetopchefDined on 5/29/2014CCG is fine for a mid day lunch - but I would pass for dinner since there are so many other options in Denver to choose from. The menu is limited, the chef over seasons everything, and the staff seems unable to handle simple item modifications or omissions. Asked to keep dressing off my salad, argued me about the ingredients in the cornbread as it related to the ingredients in the dressing. Not sure why a server would argue a customer when all they asked is to leave the dressing off the salad. Have gone many times for lunch and received straight forward service with over seasoned food - after this dinner I will not be back - don't need over seasoned food served with a side of server attitude.
- Best Salads!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/27/2014The kale salad with chicken and the macho salad are delicious. Yes, the prices here are certainly a little high, but it's a nice spot with consistently good food, good service, and a great location. These may be the best salads in town, so they are worth the few dollars extra. I do also love the banana cream pie and the cornbread, although I do not often treat myself to those items.Special Features:
- The following 107 reviews are from the Cherry Creek Grill - Denver reviews archive.
- Great serviceCCGisgreatDined on 5/22/2014I have had some questionable service in the past few visits here, but things are ramping back up and the service was excellent this last time. We felt well taken care of. The food is always amazing. The chicken is the best not only in town but in several cities I have tried when looking for alternatives.Special Features:
- Great experience as alwaysAlwaysAplusDined on 5/20/2014Made the reservation for a birthday surprise with close friends and it was a wonderful atmosphere and had a great table in the back with Jason as our waiter. Had impeccable service along with wonderful food. I will always recommend this restaurant to any Denver visitor, someone looking for a great dining experience and will always go there for special occasions.Special Features:
- new favorite date nite restaurantTheD40Dined on 5/17/2014wanted to take my girl to a nice fancy restaurant this was a great place we got to sit on the patio the food was great the service was awesome our serverl wass Tyler from Florida he was awesome got us everything we needed and more had fun great place title says it all lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cherry Creek StandbyJmodbricDined on 5/17/2014Cherry Creek Grill is a long standing institution for good reason. Over the years they have fine tuned their menu, given consistently great service and the best outdoor patio in the area. So why I am bored with the place? Because the menu remains the same year after year. It's true if they were to remove the Macho Salad there would be a collective uproar so the salad would have to stay. Despite having the best Veggie Burger in all the land and a great Dip Duo, the menu needs a shake up. Even the the menu design hasn't changed in 17 years. How about a summer cocktail menu to enjoy on the patio? Doesn't have to be extensive just an option from the usual wine list. Still a good restaurant but it may be resting on its laurels too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerWillnotreturnDined on 5/16/2014Food was served cold. ( sent one plate back)) heated in microwave, so meat overdone. Meat, mashed potatoes and spinach were all cold on both plates). TRI tip was greasy. Unappetizing. Yuk
- Always a good mealNeighborDined on 5/14/2014Cherry Creek Grill is a solid dining experience. The service and food are always good making for an enjoyable meal out with family and friends.Special Features:
- Great foodnancVIPDined on 5/10/2014The food here is great. The cornbread to die for. The service was a little off. The waitress who took our drink orders got upset at my father who is hard of hearing and couldn't decided what he wanted. I ordered my prime rib medium rare and got medium plus. No, I didn't send it back. Why don't waiters write your order down any more? How hard would it be to print up the beers, especially when they are not the common brands?Special Features:
- Fantastic!FoodieDined on 5/9/2014Everything about this spot is always right on. Best of everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Dinner.....HoustonVIPDined on 5/9/2014Always good! Food and service! Main frustration with this restaurant is that no matter how you make a reservation(direct with the restaurant or thru Open Table) you are never seated on time!!!!Special Features:
- Always great foodStepDined on 5/8/2014I could easily eat my way through the entire menu, all the dishes are great. Had the rotisserie chicken and barbequed ribs, great fresh margaritas. Like the ambiance/decor.Special Features:
- decent food, snooty serviceluv2dineDined on 5/3/2014Good food and atmosphere, hate the waitstaff attitude.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep coming backBtdenverDined on 5/1/2014We love this place. Anytime we have something to celebrate, Cherry Creek Grill is at the top of our list. Their drinks, food, and service are all top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTableUserVIPDined on 4/28/2014Music is too loud. Background music should be just that.....in the background. Not so loud that you have to speak up just to be heard. Very annoying!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!JananDined on 4/26/2014The food was wonderful. Our server was just awesome. She had a great personality, nice sense of humor and so personable. We really enjoyed our evening!Special Features:
- Hard To Find ParkingxenoadminDined on 4/25/2014Cherry Creek is our regular lunch place, but it is more and more difficult to find parking; this last time it took each of us 15 min to find parking so late for our reservation - allow plenty of time in advance of your reservationSpecial Features:
- Really Enjoyable Meal!SteveDined on 4/24/2014Enjoyed our time at the Grill with our parents in town from the Mid-West! Great steaks, great cornbread! Keep on doing it great!Special Features:
- Open tables, pushy waitpersonBalancedDined on 4/21/2014No need to push the food at the customer when many open tables the entire time period the the restaurant. Then typical situation occurred in that we couldn't find our server for the check.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014The menu is not pretentious. What they do they do well. Nothing disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014We have frequented the Cherry Creek Grill for years because of the excellent food and excellent service. This visit was very disappointing. The food was good as usual however, the service was terrible. One of the main reasons we went to the Cherry Creek Grill was because we received very special attention from a single server. This time we had no less than five people serve our table for one thing or another. When we spend $100 for a meal, we do not want to feel like we're at an IHOP. We attribute this change to the change in ownership because this is the first time we have visited the Cherry Creek Grill since Hillstone took over. We won't be back.
- Definitely worth a tryWinendineDined on 4/15/2014Found this restaurant close to our hotel upon arriving in Denver. It was a great spot to grab a late dinner and nice glass of wine. My traveling companion and I each had the Macho salad and shared a skillet cornbread. Both were excellent. We enjoyed the atmosphere - quite comfortable, but lively for 9:30 PM mid-week. Although efficient, the service was just passable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the Macho Salad againParkerPatronDined on 4/13/2014We had the Macho Salad again and it was outstanding as always, as was the skillet cornbread - a must! I had the grilled tri-tips for a main course, but the quality of the meat and overall flavor were just okay. My wife enjoyed her trout. Tres leches cake for dessert: also just okay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedliequeVIPDined on 4/11/2014We have rediscovered Cherry Creek Grille after about a 10 year absence. No reason for not going...just didn't. We are never disappointed with the food or the service. Won't let this one go by the wayside again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday Night DinnerDanoDined on 4/10/2014The service is outstanding, very attentive and friendly from the minute you walk into the restaurant until you leave. The food is very good, excellent flavors and freshness, with basic presentations. The rotisserie chicken and lamb have an outstanding taste from their wood fired ovens. Would highly recommend for any occassion, however, the menu has become a little $$$ so you may need to go when celebrating a special event or deserve a special treat.Special Features:
- Love the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2014I have never eaten the same meal twice. Every dish has been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2014I love the cozy atmosphere of this restaurant. It was packed on Saturday night, but they seated us on time and were attentive to everything we needed. Had several appetizers - grilled artichoke is the best - cornbread and deviled eggs were good, too. Everyone loved their meal - filets were cooked perfectly and the salmon was excellent. I have been coming here for 12 years and it is consistently good in every category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed experiencePullmanFan1Dined on 4/2/2014Upscale food for a "grill." All of us enjoyed our entrees very much. Tons of wait staff around but somehow our own server we didn't see much, had to keep asking others for service. Nice atmosphere. Drinks way overpriced, no glass of wine under $10. Also, they don't serve bread; come on, you are spending some big bucks; no bread? Then the option is not regular bread but you have to buy cornbread. Then you have to ask for butter; cornbread w/o butter? Place would be great if they'd lose some attitude.Special Features:
- great food, better service79kcrystalDined on 3/28/2014This place had absolutely fantastic food, but it was the matre d's that really made the place. They boyh came to the table to speak with us and even gave us a fantastic appetizer because the waitress had told them it was our first time in the restaurant. I will definitely be going back the next time we are in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not InterestedSherDined on 3/21/2014The staff at the Cherry Creek Grill was focused on our ordering quickly, eating quickly and vacating as soon as possible. Although it was a Friday evening, I expect good service both in friendliness and interest in the customer. The interest was only in moving us along. Very disappointing.
- Very Good Food, Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2014The Rotisserie chicken was very good and the Lamb Sandwich was awesome.Special Features:
- Another satisfied customerRickDined on 3/20/2014As usual, the food, service and overall experience at the Cherry Creek Grill was outstanding.Special Features:
- 15 minute waitopieDined on 3/18/2014I waited 15 minutes for a table beyond my open table reservation time. bummer.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2014We had a lovely time and the restaurant's signature rotisserie chicken was as good as ever! They had wonderful wine by the glass as well. The only damper was when another dining customer came over and said we were being loud because we were laughing over a funny scene from a book. The music could have been a little quieter so we could talk a little lower over it.Special Features: