1255 Johnson Ferry Rd
Marietta, GA 30068Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zealrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6784017142x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday thru Friday 11:30am-3:00pm
Dinner Monday thru Thursday 3:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner Friday-Saturday 3:00pm-11:00pm
Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 11:00am to 3:00pm
Sunday Dinner 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Please contact Scott Sawant
A word from Zeal
Zeal is a chic, farm-to-table modern eatery that brings to the Merchant"s Walk area of East Cobb an exciting new dining option. Our selection of craft beers and boutique wines and spirits blend with our chef inspired menu of appetizers, entrees and small plates which are 80% gluten free. A living room menu for the bar complements our crafted bar offerings and adds a vibe to gathering with your friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Zeal reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)fit for foodies (47)great for outdoor dining (42)good for groups (41)great for lunch (35)special occasion (29)kid-friendly (24)great for brunch (24)notable wine list (24)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (19)late-night find (12)romantic (11)scenic view (4)Show More
- Zeal 7.26.14kgatthetableDined on 7/26/2014Service was excellent. Noise level was a bit loud but not too bad. Liked the décor and more importantly really liked the food. Had hummus appetizer and Kale salad with shrimp. Would recommend it and look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Best visit yet!joopnightVIPDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I have been to Zeal a few times, but this was our best visit yet. We've never had a bad meal here, but the new menu is great! The chicken and lamb skewers are very good to start. We also had a Thai flat bread pizza that was good, as well as the chicken entrée. Lastly, we finished off with peanut butter brownie and a key lime dessert cup. Everything we had was wonderful, but honestly I would probably pass on the key lime dessert (tasted of cheese and salt, and not much key lime flavor). The brownie was to die for! All in all, however, the meal was excellent, and we will be back again and again. Great neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceeastcobbdinerDined on 7/25/2014A friend and I recently had dinner at Zeal after a movie. The décor is hip and modern. The wait staff friendly and helpful. Best of all, the food was outstanding. I rarely order pork when eating out but I'm so glad I tried the stuffed pork tenderloin. It was delicious. Zeal is a welcome addition to East Cobb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food -- great valueOTPFoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had been hesitant to try Zeal due to previous reviews, but we took the plunge on Saturday night, and boy, were we pleasantly surprised! The food was excellent -- an excellent value for the money. Short ribs were succulent and the trout with couscous and golden raisins was spot-on. Lightly crispy, but moist. And served HOT! Salad was fresh, creative and delicious. Love the green tomato croutons! Wish I had saved room for dessert! Thanks, Scott, for noting that we were "first-timers" and for making sure that we were happy. We were! We will be back!Special Features:
- East Cobb Fine DiningEastcobbdiningDined on 7/19/2014Food delicious, wine list appropriate, bar with friends -super comfortable and welcoming. Overall an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night Out - WIN!ECBerlinFoodieDined on 7/10/2014I chose Zeal for a Girls Night Out on a Thursday. It was busy but not packed. We had a reservation for 7pm but we arrived early and were seated right away. Our waiter was friendly and patient and very attentive. They have a great selection of cocktails, beer and wine. My food was great. I ordered the duck, leek & cranberry flat bread. We all ordered different items and we were all very pleased. There were so many other menu items I would love to try so I will definitely be going back soon.Special Features:
- first visit, will go backMrsLinATLDined on 7/10/2014We had 7 in our group for a business lunch. Our group was seated in a booth, with 5 on the booth side and 2 chairs. I found this a little awkward - thankfully no one in the middle of the 5 needed to excuse themselves. There were plenty of large available tables so not sure why this seating was used. No one ordered appetizers or wine, just from the lunch menu which was of a good size and wide variety. I'd read on their website that this is a farm to table concept, too bad the waiter did not educate us about this (he seemed nervous, perhaps new). Several of us ordered salads, a couple had pasta. Extra dressing was needed for the salads, which we asked for and received. Only one person did not really enjoy their meal (one of the pasta dishes).Special Features:
- Great OTP find!MarieDined on 7/6/2014Booked a table with low expectations and was so pleasantly surprised! From drink recommendation, all the way thru dessert, what a fantastic experience. Could've been in Old 4th Ward, VH, or Westside! So refreshing for OTP Marietta! Decor is hip and the farm to table menu is varied. I had the ahi salad with wasabi vinagrette - amazing! My husband had the bourbon burger and zucchini fries which ranked right up with a Vortex or Highland tap burger. The fried green tomato app was really good as well. We will be back often.Special Features:
- 4th of July faux pasdineoftenVIPDined on 7/4/2014Made a reservation for 7:00 PM. Sat at the bar-fun bartenders. We got to the table by 7:15 PM. The server was in a big rush. He immediately asked us what we wanted to eat and drink. We asked for a few minutes. We ordered wine and were then told the kitchen is closing in 10 minutes We ordered some appetizers and then the meal. When the meal came it was cold. Most likely they cooked it and closed the kitchen and it sat until we were ready. My advice to this restaurant: Don't open on a holiday if you are not going to provide a full service experience. Certainly don't take a reservation if you are going to give the patron one hour to dine. Perhaps this is a good restaurant and we just went on the wrong day. I will never know.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysJamesDined on 7/3/2014We ordered off the new summer menu and it was ever better than before. I had the blue cheese tenderloin with wild mushroom risotto. My wife had the new shrimp and grits with the Tasso cream sauce and it was excellent. We love the new menu. Jim, our server was also great as always. He paired wines with our meals perfectly. We will be returning more often this summer. Great job Zeal !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsLuv2eatoutDined on 6/30/2014Early Sunday night dinner turned into an exceptional experience. Our friends in Marietta recommended us to check out Zeal, we were a bit hesitant because of the yelp reviews but then again it's yelp. Their 4.2 opentable review really stands behind who they are and the experience we had. Apparently, the menu we tried is their new summer menu created by a group of their new chef, very impressed. My wife and I tried a little bit of everything. The Duck Confit flatbread was to die for, the ga trout for $12 was amazing (great value), Fried Green Tomato was fabulous and zesty, and we finished with a New York Strip ($27 is a great prices considering the beef program they use. the server explained it to us very well). Cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Fave PlaceJLikesFoodDined on 6/28/2014Don't let the shopping strip facade fool you. This is an awesome restaurant and a great find. We had reservations for 8 Whilewe waited at the bar for our friends to arrive and the best bartender, Jean, took care of us. He made a great drink called the East Cobb Harvest. What a wonderful concoction of Basil, cucumber and vodka. After we all hung at the bar for a bit we made our way to the table and had awesome food. We ordered apps to share - Calamari, Onion Rings, Duck Poutine..all great. The main meals were great too, I loved my Shrimp and Grits, and the Kale Salad and burgers were a hit with my friends, Tenderloin got gobbled up, and my husband stole my side of Truffel Mac and Cheese....after eating his. I would definately go back!Special Features:
- Terrific East Cobb Gem!ecobbfoodieVIPDined on 6/28/2014I have been coming to Zeal for awhile and absolutely love the bar scene. Recently learned that there was a chef change and the resulting menu is excellent! The favorites are still there ( like the ravioli), but the new additions are unique, flavorful, and excellently prepared. The fish tacos and the Goat cheese cheesecake are unbelievably tasty treats! The staff (wait staff and bar) are engaging, fun, but, most importantly, truly care about the customer's experience. Gene, the bartender, can make anything and seems to enjoy coming up with new concoctions to please the customer's taste-- the handcrafted cocktails are his unique recipes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RU1982Dined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed Meeting our waiter Jim who was al over us . Jake the assistant manager also introduced himself and made sure everything was good with our meal twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedMagsDined on 6/21/2014Zeal has received less than stellar reviews so I was very hesitant to try it. My friends and I were pleasantly surprised. We all ordered something different, and although no one raved about theirs, we all were relieved our hard earned $$ was not wasted. The look of the restaurant is very impressive in a casual sort of way. The wait staff not the most experienced, but I would definitely recommend Zeal if you live in E Cobb and want an alternative to the more pricey places like Seed and Common Quarter. They have a great outdoor area for cocktails that no one was using and it was a nice evening. Granted, it is on a parking lot, but they have it fixed up nice enough you can overlook that. I say try it - you may be surprised like we were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New SpotepicurianDined on 6/21/2014Zeal is a great new addition to the area. I especially like the option for small plates. The food was terrific, the service was great and the atmosphere relaxing.Special Features:
- Great East Cobb Spot!BotkokingVIPDined on 6/20/2014Zeal is one of those places where visiting one time is not enough. The menu is so diverse and interesting. The atmosphere is comfortable and unique. The new summer menu is coming out very soon and I look forward to trying out the new lighter fare. This is a fantastic lunch spot with great daily specials. I have not tried the Sunday brunch but heard it was very nice. The staff at Zeal is what makes this place so special. They are attentive, friendly, open to suggestions, and concerned that you have a great experience. I look forward to my next visit to Zeal Modern Eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were wonderfulShellyDined on 6/19/2014I would def recommend this restaurant. We enjoyed a delightful meal there. A neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/13/2014My friend and I both had the Applewood Club salad. It was delicious! Just the right amount! Our server, Gary mentioned they had homemade sangria which each had a glass. Quite refreshing. I mentioned it was her birthday and he let her choose her special dessert! This never happens! Most places have a pat dessert whether you like it or not. Very nice and the cheesecake was yummy! He also gave her his version of a "Hallmark" birthday card. Very sweet! This was her first time and my second time. Much better, lots of tweeks had been made from when they first opened. Yay!! I will certainly return and suggest it to others!Special Features:
- Awesome Food & ServicdJonathanGDined on 6/8/2014In the middle of East Cobb. Barbara took good care of us. The kitchen overcooked the brussel sprouts and quickly remedied it without complaint. They even provided a complimentary dessert, the goat cheese and honey cheesecake. My wife commented that it was the best thing she ever ate. Truly impressive. Be sure to try the mac-n-cheese and the collard greens. Phenomenal! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local gem!letsgooutDined on 6/6/2014Service was unbelievable and food was just as good. Liked the apple and cinnamon hush puppies! Signature cocktail was creative and good. So nice to have a restaurant in the neighborhood that is different and well priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely LoudGeorgiaDawgLvrVIPDined on 6/6/2014Had a single musician playing and the noise level was so loud we could hardly have a pleasant conversation with our friends. On two previous occasions did not have live music and it was very pleasant. Food quality was also off compared to past visits. No rush to go back soon.
- Excellent LamblovegoodfoodDined on 6/3/2014My visit to Zeal was very nice. The food was good and the staff are eager to please. this was my second visit and I will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went back!ATLJohnDined on 5/28/2014This was our second visit to Zest and it was as good or better than the first. The menu is great and the bonus is that you can try a number of different menu items because of the smaller portion options. The food choices were wonderful and the quality was, too. Shrimp and grits and Seared scallops were the choice of most of us and we were not disappointed. The house salad - an area where many restaurants have little excitement, were amazingly inventive. We were delighted with the service and everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 180 reviews are from the Zeal reviews archive.
- 28th Anniversary DinnerDaniBDined on 5/17/2014Great food! Great atmosphere! Great service! Chef Eric was wonderful and our server, Gary made our experience memorable and enjoyable! He was very attentive along with Eric! Loved it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/17/2014Great service with fresh, healthy food. This was our first visit, but there will be many more to come. One of the best new restaurants I've tried in a long time!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- East cobb long time residentTurtleluv1Dined on 5/11/2014Mothers' Day Dinner at Zeal was extraordinary. I had the skirt steak as did all of the family. It was so tender that you could cut it with your fork. Our waiter Casey was so attentive and made our dining experience even more enjoyable. This is the second time I've eaten there and have enjoyed both timesSpecial Features:
- nicemaryVIPDined on 5/11/2014mothers day dinner - good food, great cocktails. the service was really outstanding and the staff was really nice.Special Features:
- Good food but not exactly "brunch"NickBDined on 5/11/2014We went to Zeal for the first time for the Mothers Day brunch. While the food was good, there were only 2 brunch items on the menu, then regular menu items. Service was very attentive and the food was well prepared. The strawberry shortcake dessert was excellent and can feed 4 people not just two! We will come back I'm sure for dinner. Another nice restaurant has popped up in East Cobb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zeal Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014After being to Zeal for lunch, I loved it. It was delicious food and a good value too. Mother's Day felt like a total rip off. Service was slow and non attentive. Menu was ridiculously expensive and not many lunch options. My family was very disappointed.Special Features:
- DisappointedAlanDined on 5/11/2014Made reservations for Mothers Day Brunch and was disappointed. Brunch menu had two breakfast items...really? Overpriced for below average food. Had one cup of coffee...asked 3 times for refills...nada. Ambience was nice, but it ended there.
- Interesting combinationsDoc1Dined on 5/10/2014The menu changes regularly with fresh and in-season ingredients. A great place for lunch, quieter, reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience at ZealatlfoodieDined on 5/10/2014We went as a family and thoroughly enjoyed both the atmosphere and food. Zeal has cute and cozy patio seating outside -- perfect for enjoying a glass of wine for an adult night out. The inside has great lighting and comfortable, but elegant decor. Zeal strikes a great balance and works for both a romantic night out or a family night. We tried several appetizers and especially enjoyed the chicken lollypops and the margherita flatbread. Our favorite entree was the seared diver scallops -- perfectly cooked and served atop a delicious israeli couscous with creamy red pepper sauce. Service was friendly and prompt, and there were good, healthy selections for kids as well.Special Features:
- I love ZealFrenchieDined on 5/6/2014Zeal has done a great job incorporating farm to table into their menu. I am so glad to have this excellent restaurant in East Cobb. Staff is extremely well trained and friendly and the food is more than delicious. Will go there as often as I can. Make sure you try the fried tomato croutons! Yum!! Great job Chef! Thank you for coming to East Cobb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodRUEggsperiencedDined on 5/5/2014Food was good and staff attentive. Overall pretty pleased and we may go back. We shared a few plate made for sharing, scallops were good shrimp and grits were better. Crab cakes were also good. calamari as the appetizer was really good but kind of small, and sauce was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great! heading back soon.DMN27VIPDined on 5/2/2014Involved owner and great staff equal an ever changing and improving local spot. This time out was great. Accommodates my son's allergies and had some great specials. On par with Seed, Common Quarter, and Ritter's. All great places to eat in East Cobb. Glad to add Zeal to our rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MANAGING PARTNERbrianreynoldsDined on 5/2/2014A nice neighborhood restaurant with good food, prompt service. We started with a Flat-bread pizza , which was very good. We both had the Salmon, which was cooked to our specifications and was a generous portion for dinner with a mustard sauce. it could have had a little more flavor, but good just the same.Special Features:
- Tasty neighborhood findPamODined on 5/1/2014Fresh food from local vendors set the stage for sampling from savory menu selections. We enjoyed the ambiance and Casey was appropriately attentive and provided helpful guidance as we maneuvered the menu. I'll recommend this restaurant to friends and definitely have a date night there with my husband.Special Features:
- Just Okay....KellyVIPDined on 4/30/2014My friends and I were excited to try this relatively new restaurant in East Cobb but we weren't blown away by the food. Service was good. If we went again, it would probably just be for drinks because we all enjoyed the cocktails!
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014We enjoyed Zeal the first few visits after they opened and much appreciate the gluten free menu items that are so clearly identified-and the gluten free beer selections. We unfortunately did not enjoy our last two visits because the food just wasn't good. The fried zucchini appetizer was heavily coated and too salty unlike when we had it originally when it was very lightly dusted with coating. The trout was tasteless.