75 Northern Ave
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gatherboston.com/
- Phone: 6179827220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday -Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm (late night menu until 1:00am)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Wilson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gather
Gather is a full service restaurant and bar adjacent to District Hall that serves a menu of affordable, fresh, and inventive dishes inspired by modern-American cuisine. Located in Boston's fast-growing Seaport District, Gather offers guests a bright and airy space with a comfortable and energetic atmosphere for friends, co-workers and more to come together. The bar serves delicious cocktails, local craft beers and a wide selection of wines by the glass and bottle. Gather will serve lunch and dinner daily, with menus featuring creative and inventive dishes inspired by modern American cuisine. Worldly dishes will be alongside today’s standards such as chicken and waffles, flatbread pizza and cheeseburgers. The menu will feature snacks, fresh local seafood, entree salads and daily specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gather reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (99)scenic view (69)good for groups (57)fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (47)great for lunch (46)hot spot (43)vibrant bar scene (41)late-night find (20)special occasion (15)great for brunch (11)romantic (11)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Great ambience - food only OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014Walking into Gather I was very excited about a great night out. We stopped at the bar for a drink and tried some of their fun cocktails - I recommend the Cucumber Cooly. We then sat for dinner and were simply underwhelmed. The food was only OK and not nearly as innovative as I had expected given the description on the website. The vibe is fun, high energy and fits well with the Seaport area. Next time I may skip dinner and just head to the bar for a drink.Special Features:
- Foodie82Dined on 4/20/2014Drink service was super slow! I know it was a holiday but it wasn't that busy. We got our oysters and soup before our drinks. Our entrees came out before we had a chance to finish our oysters and apps. I work in the industry and feel like everything could have been paced much better, my dish was great I opted for the lobster Benny.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short rib gnocchi are delicious!!!FoodieVIPDined on 4/16/2014This has replaced legal as my new lunch meeting spot. Fun location, new to many. Foood and service are great.Special Features:
- A best pick in the Seaport DistrictKevinDined on 4/13/2014It's slightly off the beaten path, the surrounding area isn't much to look at (yet), and the decor is very simple. Don't let any of that keep you away... the food is fantastic. My group of 6 ordered a variety of appetizers and entrees, and we all thoroughly enjoyed what we ordered. There was much "you've got to try this" going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something for everyoneLinnyDined on 4/12/2014young, old, makes no difference there is something for everyone at Gather. Interesting and eclectic menu, well-prepared food and a fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gather: Seaport Lunch SpotTamieLVIPDined on 4/11/2014I have only been to Gather for lunch and cannot speak of it for other meals. The service is prompt and courteous. The food is done in a very simplistic but elegant manner and the correct flavor quotients are apparent in each meal prepared. Perfect for lunch as the server will notify the kitchen if your order needs to be expedited due to work obligations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like eating inside a loudspeakerQuincyDinerVIPDined on 4/4/2014This place would rise to the status of a half-decent restaurant if they would put some noise mitigation into it. It is essentially a glass cube, and with a Friday evening crowd of hipsters in there the noise level was deafening. I had to lean and strain to hear the person seated in front of me. Spend a fw bucks and install some acoustic panels or hang some curtains!
- Short rib gnocchi out of this worldFoodieVIPDined on 3/19/2014This may be my new favorite restaurant. Unique menu. Great space. The short rib gnocchi, which I have had 3 out of 4 times, was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not OpennextimeDined on 3/16/2014We arrived at the time of the confirmed booking and the restaurant was closed. Three staff were in the restaurant but did not come to the door or attempt to provide any explanation.
- Great addition to the neighborhood!LoBoBostonVIPDined on 3/11/2014Great addition to the neighborhood!! Cool space and vibe and the food was great and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New place on the Waterfront!MircDined on 3/5/2014Went to Gather this past week! The place looks awesome, very modern and typical of the Waterfront area restaurants. The drinks were okay, so don't expect Drink-like cocktails. The food was great, I ordered the pan roasted chicken and my date ordered the pesto penne. The chicken was cooked well and came on top of grits topped with habanero salsa. I tried a bite of the pasta and thought the pesto tasted well. I do think the service could have been much better but maybe it was someone new? Overall, it was good and definitely worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SAM23Dined on 2/15/2014We were there on Sat after VD. Raging snow storm outside while we were sipping on drinks. The food was very good and our waitress very friendly. I wish the restaurant was a bit more private. It is part of the Warehouse and there is no real delimitation btw the restaurant and the hallway. Besides we will definitively come back. It's cool and chilled out place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Great food for a good value. It is a little on the expensive side, but it's not on the super luxury expensive so it's a great to night out type of restaurant. The food was unique and superb and the drinks were amazing.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, my girlfriendJosheatsDined on 2/14/2014Great restaurant, my girlfriend and I went for valentines day. Overall we had a really good time and the food was excellent. My only two complaints are that our server was somewhat impatient but I imagine valentines day can be stressful working in food service and he was probably just having a busy night, the other is that the tables where very close together. It was difficult to walk through the restaurant. Again, it's a really nice restaurant and I would definitely recommend it. It's located in District Hall which is a really interesting community workspace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gather againsy19546Dined on 2/14/2014This was my second time, but first for Valentines day Went with another couple , everyone was happy with the food and drink waitress said everything was great to eat, but it would have been a little better if she helped us select a but moreSpecial Features:
- Great for lunchDavidinBostonDined on 2/10/2014Good atmosphere for meeting business colleagues or friends for a lunch. Good menu selection and the food was delicious. Service was a good pace and not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodBerkerycVIPDined on 2/9/2014Had been in once before and liked this place a lot. Went in on a sunday night with a group of 8 and were able to get a reservation right away which was cool - but the place was a little dead...overall good food thoughSpecial Features:
- Date NightSunshn216Dined on 2/8/2014I was in the area for a nearby event and looked up restaurant options in the Seaport area online. Gather's menu offerings intrigued me, and I knew I had to try it. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and were seated promptly (despite being almost 30 minutes early for our reservation). I loved the simple, modern decor. To start, my boyfriend and I shared the duck tacos appetizer and the onion soup with oxtail. Both were delicious and very flavorful! I had the Short Rib with Sage Gnocchi for my entree, and my boyfriend had the Seafood Jambalaya. We were both very satisfied with our choices. The portions were satisfying, and we even had leftovers to bring home. I would definitely return to try more dishes the next time I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok, but missing seasoningannabeleeVIPDined on 2/8/2014I Got the beet and carrot salad. The chef seems to have completely missed the opportunity to season it. The octopus was delicious and tender. The fries were good. Our server didn't know what mignonette sauce was, so I didn't order the oysters--plus they only had one oyster--cotuit--to choose from. I would NOT recommends going there for oysters. Overall, food was ok, though I expected something slightly more interesting and it was just kind of ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014The squid ink pasta with scallops, lobster and octopus was awesome!Special Features:
- Great Findluv2trynewDined on 2/7/2014I went with my boyfriend to Gather on Friday 2/7. From the service, ambience, and food everything was perfect. I would recommend the chicken waffles, any of the salads, the salmon, chicken, and banana split. Definitely go!!Special Features:
- A food adventureNomNomNomDined on 1/22/2014Definitely would go back just to try something else off their menu. Some interesting options - fit for the "Innovation District" I guess. Portion sizes are small and prices on the higher side, from what i'm used to at least...My chicken and waffles appetizer was so fun and interesting but litlterally 4 teensy tiny bites! Ambience is okay, but you have to go through another room to get to the bathrooms, which is awkward when there's a business party going on! People were trying to network me on my way to go pee! Also they validate parking in a lot...but it's still $10..???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was just ok. The burgerKittyVIPDined on 1/18/2014food was just ok. The burger wasn't the greatest quality of ground beef so it was a bit "grainy." Will go back and try something else.Special Features:
- Great Find!MH98VIPDined on 1/17/2014We were looking for a casual place for dinner with friends and this fit our needs perfectly . The location and atmosphere were great, but more importantly the food was excellent! Would highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointing!MysteryChick35Dined on 1/16/2014My husband & I wanted to check out this new hotspot, other reviews were mostly positive so we were excited to check out Gather. We couldn't have been more disappointed. The restaurant is attached to an publicly accessible innovation space and they must have had an event that night because it was packed & extremely loud. There is absolutely no separation between the bar area & the seating area so we quickly realized that our table wasn't really ours as drunken twenty somethings began infringing on our space, leaving empty beer glasses on our table and even deciding to sit down and eat a pizza right next to me. The service was awful, the waitress literally forgot about our table 2x. Food was decent, but couldn't make up for everything else.Special Features:
- Worth a tryJojogo1VIPDined on 1/11/2014My husband and I went for lunch on a Saturday, and it was very quiet , only 2 other tables. Nice open space with lots of windows .The food was very good. The Duck Taco appetizer is large and delicious. Tasted like Bbq to me. My husband had the grilled Octopus which he loved. It was very tender, it was served with mayo on the side which was not good, they need a better sauce for it. I got the mango/feta chopped salad which was very plain, one color and had no personality.The feta did not belong on this salad, needed goat cheese instead and many more colorful veggies . The salad was very beige. I would not recommend this salad. No Valet which may be a problem at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceBlueIncLovahVIPDined on 12/31/2013For a restaurant that has just opened in the last few months, Gather was spot-on! The food was amazing (the Duck Tacos and the Grilled Octopus were spectacular), the waitress couldn't have been better, and the ambience was perfect. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early days but promisingLifesTooShortToNotEatWellDined on 12/9/2013Not too many people seem to yet know about Gather but it's a gem and hopefully a sign of things to come in the Innovation District. There's a wide variety of food choices - perhaps because the restaurant is still figuring out what works. Everything my group of 7 had was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much marrow on menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2013I found that the menu limiting and if you aren't a fan of "bone marrow" on everything, don't go..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone was happyLauraDined on 11/17/2013I took several of my colleagues here on Sunday night. Everyone enjoyed it. It was a pleasant atmosphere and good food. The server was great -very friendly, easy going and helpful. Sometimes the service was a little slow. I highly recommend the lamb. Someone else in our group had the veal and really liked it. Be prepared to be very full by the end of your meal if you order either of these dishes. The octopus was a little tough that night (although it was highly recommended on Yelp). The bread pudding was delicious. The banana split was good (very classic) but could have used a little more ice cream.Special Features:
- Didnt know this place existed!IsabellaVIPDined on 11/16/2013Not sure when this place opened but YUM. Great spot to grab food and drinks - they had a great cocktail list! They have a patio area for outdoor seating so I will def keep this place in mind when spring comes back around!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripDuke013Dined on 11/15/2013Gather is slightly out of the way if you're coming from a downtown location but it was completely worth the trip. The food was intriguing (in a good way) and reasonably priced. The crowd really heated up around 7 and made for a great dining atmosphere. I will definitely be going to Gather again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great new spot in seaportOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/13/2013really enjoyed dinner at Gather. great vibe and service. will definitely be headed back. casual with a hip decor.Special Features:
- We had brunch there shortlyBarbaraWVIPDined on 11/10/2013We had brunch there shortly after it opened. The place was practically empty, but we enjoyed the ambiance (single big light room) and some of our food. We shared a hamburger and a caesar salad. The salad was just OK, and the burger was very good.
- Really enjoyed my time here.LiaEVIPDined on 11/6/2013Really enjoyed my time here. Its is going to an awesome spot when the warmer weather returns. Food and drinks were diverse and tasty i had the veal gnocci which was amazing, really enjoyed it. Service was attentive and knowlegable. Decor holds true to its name Gather floor plan is set up to cultivate conversation and new ideas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Place Worth ExploringHappyVIPDined on 11/3/2013Comfortable food in a comfortable setting. Six of us had foods ranging from homemade chips with onion dip clam stew hamburger fish cake chicken wings pizza and fish and chips. (Sorry no comma on the keyboard.) Everybody was happy. All the meals were a titch fancier than they sound in a good way. Peach sangria and cosmos were a hit as well. My husband even liked his tiny beers. It is currently a quiet place but probably won't be for long. Small but light and airy inside with a flat screen to watch the Patriots win. Nice bar and distant harbor view looking past the ICA across the street.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Cuisine, Lacking ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2013The food was fantastic but they haven't figured out the service yet. Water glasses left empty, no attention paid to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new spot in the seaportBobLDined on 11/1/2013The menu provides a wide range of options to suit everyone's needs. A good selection of starters and small plates are fun to share. The shrimp were a big hit. All of the entrees were great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.