Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
2730 Via De La Valle
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cucinaenoteca.com/
- Phone: 8587044500x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Joe Magnanelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: URBAN KITCHEN CATERING provides four star, stunning events with menus unique to your occasion. For more information check the URBAN KITCHEN CATERING link on our website www.urbankitchengroup.com or call Alison Cupper at 619.239.2222 extension 2.
A word from Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
Say hello to the sister restaurant of San Diego’s award winning CUCINA urbana! CUCINA enoteca’s menu features Italian classics with a modern twist, traditionally coursed or served family-style, and made with the freshest local, organic and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
346 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (218)hot spot (180)notable wine list (177)vibrant bar scene (152)good for groups (142)special occasion (139)neighborhood gem (130)great for lunch (94)romantic (66)great for outdoor dining (43)late-night find (37)kid-friendly (37)great for brunch (35)scenic view (14)Show More
- Good lunch spotBLSCDined on 7/11/2014This was my first experience and it was for lunch. There are many things on the menu that I would love to try so certainly will go back. Overall a really nice spot. If you love wine this is your spot!Special Features:
- Worth a VisitMinouVIPDined on 7/9/2014What a great find. Food quality, price and variety was great - super wine list - ambience was perfect - thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!LovefoodDined on 7/8/2014Came to celebrate a birthday with a party of 8. We were well accommodated, had a great time, and everyone equally enjoyed their meals. It does get a little loud, but other than that, great place.Special Features:
- TrevorDined on 7/8/2014The food is very good. I had the Char for the first time and that was amazing. My husband had the pork chop and liked it. The restaurant is extremely noisy unless you are seated in the dining room which we were not able to get. The service the night we were there was very slow, which may have been due to a private party that was in the dining room. This is a good restaurant WHEN you can get a reservation.Special Features:
- Interesting dishesjbinleucadiaDined on 7/7/2014Just had a enjoyable special occasion date at Cucina Enoteca. The decor and atmosphere was very trendy and inviting at the same time. I really enjoyed the wine list and pricing. We ended up with an Orin Swift Locations from Southern Italy. The server had excellent wine knowledge. We split a few of the small plates: fried squash blossoms (I'm gonna start eating mine from the garden), and lobster gnocchi with a green chili foam, my favorite! Even the foccacia loaf was memorable. For the main dish we had risotto with some sort of wild mushroom. It was very rich and almost too filling. I could have opted for more of the smaller dishes just to keep the experience going. All in all excellent night and highly recommendable.Special Features:
- What all the raves were about!EmmaLVVIPDined on 7/6/2014We went to Cucina Enoteca for brunch. The food is truly outstanding as is the service. The wine list has to be seen to be believed! We shared the chopped salad and the stuffed squash blossoms. Both were excellent, my favorite being the squash blossoms. We then had 2 different pizzas, the Margherita with sausage added and the pancetta. Loved them both, but the pancetta pizza is definitely more innovative. It was really too much food, we should have shared a pizza... Many reviews exclaim about the noise level, but at brunch it wasn't that noisy. I highly recommend this restaurant, we'll be back!!Special Features:
- Not that great...tonyvciVIPDined on 7/5/2014Would agree with the reviewer who said food was average and service poor. They forgot our appetizer ordered and brought us our meal…when we sent it back we waited al least 15 minutes for the appetizer (brussels sprouts) and they were dry as a bone. Then it took us another 20 minutes to get our meals…a very frustrating evening. For the price…there at many others that serve much better food!Special Features:
- honestly...SDBcruiseVIPDined on 7/5/2014Want to love this place and have gone 3 times....however, the service is obtrusive and bad (how many employees does it really take to run a restaurant dining room????)...really wish it was as good as Cucina Urbana in Bankers hill. They also need to vary the menu and add a few more italian dishes (love the lasagna in Bankers Hill)Special Features:
- noisyAllergiesDined on 7/2/2014Very much a 20s-30s scene. Very very noisy. Waiter ignored my first comment re: my nut allergy; I asked him to put them on the side. Said we 4 sharing all dishes. One pizza had nuts on one side hidden under the arugula. Didn't know it until I bit into it, to my horror. Waiter made excuses.Special Features:
- Great except for the upsellSeenitalldinerDined on 7/2/2014Everything about this was as good a Cucina Urbana, except we has a waiter that reminded me of the pushy upsell style of so many chain restaurants. I was meeting a work colleague and we mainly wanted to talk knew what we wanted to order and didn't need so many suggestions for how we might order more things. Not at all the genuine friendly style I am used at their sister restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SDluvDined on 7/1/2014No wonder this place was packed on a Tuesday night. Servers are very friendly and the food is very yummy. The only reason I gave it four stars was because it was very noisy and people were shouting to be heard. Overall a wonderful place to have Italian, and enjoy the ambiance without having to drive to downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedgmacVIPDined on 7/1/2014Extremely noisy. Took the joy out of dining with friends. Same menu as Laurel Street location.
- Horrible ExperienceReggie14Dined on 7/1/2014Messed up our order three times. Food was average and overpriced. Drinks were good. Wouldn't go back...way better places in SD.
- Stuffed Fried Squash Blossoms a Hitsmiller007Dined on 6/29/2014As we walked into the Del Mar Cucina Enoteca we were impressed by a hugh selection of wines that surrounded the entrance way to the dining area. The staff quickly seated us and informed us that Sunday there was no corkage fee for wine purchased from the restaurant wine store :-) ... we happily ordered the Stephanie Cabernet Sauvignon which was had flavors of Oak but not too over bearing. My daughter had dined with them before and ordered us the Stuffed Fried Squash Blossoms as an appetizer which were out of this world. I followed up by ordering a Kale Salad which was very tasty and the Baked Artic Char for my main course which was excellent. My wife ordered the Chicken which was good and had a very flavorful sauce.Special Features:
- MamameliDined on 6/28/2014Great wine and great prices with welcoming service and ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummoMsstaci5Dined on 6/28/2014Would have given 5 stars but the service is always slow there. Food is spectacular!Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backAZfoodieDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I had a wonderful date night here. Our server was delightful and perfectly attentive. The squash blossoms should not be missed and the lobster gnocchi was amazing also. We enjoyed everything aside from the foursome sat next to us. The quarters are close and their conversation was vile -- oh well. We still had a great time and will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014The restaurant was fabulous from start to finish. We will be back!!!Special Features:
- EnjoyableJFdinerDined on 6/24/2014Great server excellent food lively atmosphere went for our anniversary and we were very pleased with our choice pizzas and pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankyfrankyVIPDined on 6/24/2014In the past couple months the quality of food and service has gone down, your restaurant used to be a great place to visit, I am deeply disappointed in the turn of events, don't know if it is a new chef or the quality of food has gone down. hope things will change soon. I will give it one more try.
- Cucina Enoteca Rocks!JMZoDined on 6/23/2014We had a great dinner, following the suggestions of our server, Izabela. We started with a chef's special appetizer. Avocado laced around spicy tuna, served with a compressed watermelon and cucumber garnish--in a word, awesome! The smoked salmon vasi was perfect and the server kept bringing us toasted bread as we scraped the jar clean. My guests had the steak and lamb rack, both very happy. I resorted to my favorite: spicy shrimp pasta puttanesca. We ordered a recommended Super Tuscan from Washington State, which turned out to be $9 less than the "average retail price" available on my guest's wine app! No room for dessert, but we lingered over our wine glasses through the evening. Outstanding dining at great prices!Special Features:
- dmfoodie1dmfoodie1Dined on 6/21/2014We had reservations, however we ate at the bar. Server Angie was excellent, very attentive. We enjoyed the pizza, liver pate, and squash blossom. It has been our experience that the service is better at the bar than at tables, seems like more staff at bar!!Special Features:
- Upstairs PatioKBeeVIPDined on 6/20/2014Intimate setting upstairs. .. quiet. .. felt like being in a BeauTiful backyard. Lovely. And great service by Brian and Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Someplace differentEnjoygoodfoodDined on 6/19/2014Stepping into Cucina is different from any other restaurant - pleasant hostesses; bottles of wine surround you as you are accompanied to your table all this before you have had the first taste of the delicious food - total experience every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late lunchBettyjaneDined on 6/18/2014We had a late lunch around 1:30 so the restaurant was very quiet for a change. The service was marginal Waiter took my drink order and then forgot to bring the ice tea. It probably took 15 min before I got it. Our food arrived shortly after & it was good, but the waiter Just about ignored us. He did bring me another tea after awhile. Overall food was good but the service was not.Special Features:
- LastMinuteFoodieDined on 6/17/2014Wish I was better with names because I would recommend the wine guy that helped us with our selection. I do know he was recently engaged because the Cava we selected was actually one he celebrated with after he proposed to his fiance. Our experience was fabulous as always. We went on a Tuesday so we actually got a table in the dining room. The place is ALWAYS packed and this Tuesday was no exception. We started with the short rib parpadelle (always a favorite) and the giant meatball (a yummy starter for the 5 of us). Ordered 2 outstanding pizzas and the jidori chicken. Pizzas were a hit. Jidori chicken was not the flavor I was expecting but good. Our server (again I'm bad with names) was attentive and friendly. Great time again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every senseFogoFanVIPDined on 6/17/2014Food is amazingly simple and good! Prices are affordable, place casual and vibrant A must in sDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2014Really loved it here! Super noisy, but very cool ambiance! Love their wine selection, too!!
- Fun atmosphere!WaldoDined on 6/15/2014Great place to celebrate Father's Day with whole family. Loved the decor and friendly knowledgeable servers.Special Features:
- Very Unique and Tasteful experienceLuxerDined on 6/15/2014Our first experience at Cucina Enoteca and was wonderfully surprised with a delightful healthy menu and calm relaxing atmosphere. Great place to dine for any time of day. Easily sits twosomes or large groups (we were a family of 10). The menu had a nice variety of choices for all family members. Services was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Creative MenuPeppybarbDined on 6/15/2014The food was delicious The menu items were very creative. The portion sizes were very satisfying. Only rhing this Del mar restaurant was missing was an ocean view but we didn't miss it because we enjoyed the food so much.Special Features:
- Great placeNormaritaDined on 6/15/2014Excellent food and service and the perfect place to share with family and friends for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014First impressions were great-the style, decor, and overall vibe of Cucina Enoteca was outstanding. It felt fun, energetic and lively, yet once at our table, I didn't feel overwhelmed by the noise or other diners. It offers a ton of interesting decor to look at as well. Our server, Nadia (aka "Kentucky") was amazing! She offered the perfect recommendations, her personality was adorable, and she was great about giving our table time/space to enjoy the place and our conversation. The food and cocktails were beyond. We had a gift card, so we tried some things I wouldn't normally have considered such as the Octopus, the Pork Cheek w/ Polenta, and the doughnut dessert. Every single thing was delicious. Can't wait to come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cucina EnotecaJonnyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Menu was very interesting, especially starters and the food was very good. However, the noise level was so high that conversation was difficult. Also,the air conditioning in the main dining room was not working properly and it was not comfortable. Overall, the dining experience was just mediocre, and we probably will not go back.Special Features:
- Love EnotecaSDYoginiDined on 6/14/2014Great food, service, ambiance, wine list...I could go on and on. Never disappoints!Special Features:
- Good food and service but too loud!foodloverVIPDined on 6/13/2014Go early before the crowd or you will be shouting to your dinner partners to be heard above the noise. It is very loud!! Bar is a total scene with lots of older, single men looking for a date. Like I said, go early to avoid noise and bar crowd!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great appetizerswimmer59Dined on 6/13/2014Had the stuffed squash blossom appetizer, a zuccini blossom stuffed with ricotta cheese, then tempura fried, served with aoili and basil sauce, fantastic and memorable.Special Features:
- Excellent spreadSeekinggoodfoodDined on 6/12/2014The food was delectable. Expansive wine list. Attentive service. I cannot wait to get back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the best!SDblissgirlVIPDined on 6/11/2014Cucina Enoteca is simply amazing! The food is just gorgeous, simple but amazing quality and lovely combinations, always inspired! The wine program is genius, and the wine selection is impressive. The best staff I know of in San Diego County, they are on point and genuine, it is quite obvious that they care. We are truly grateful to have this restaurant in the neighborhood...bravo!Special Features:
- Training NeededJimBDined on 6/6/2014I made my reservation through OpenTable. The day after my reservation I received a message from OpenTable concerning why I didn't show up. Fact was, I did show up, exactly on time as did my lunch guest. The food was excellent, table service was very good but the receptionist seemed lost. Had to search to find my reservation and finally did but failed to acknowledge that I arrived in their system so OpenTable didn't know I showed up as reserved. Then, when the receptionist took me to the table where my guest was already seated she couldn't find the table. Some training would be in order for the receptionist that was on duty at the time of my reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.