Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
2730 Via De La Valle
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cucinaenoteca.com/
- Phone: 8587044500x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Joe Magnanelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: URBAN KITCHEN CATERING provides four star, stunning events with menus unique to your occasion. For more information check the URBAN KITCHEN CATERING link on our website www.urbankitchengroup.com or call Alison Cupper at 619.239.2222 extension 2.
A word from Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
Say hello to the sister restaurant of San Diego’s award winning CUCINA urbana! CUCINA enoteca’s menu features Italian classics with a modern twist, traditionally coursed or served family-style, and made with the freshest local, organic and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
352 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (219)hot spot (181)notable wine list (176)vibrant bar scene (154)good for groups (143)special occasion (141)neighborhood gem (132)great for lunch (96)romantic (66)great for outdoor dining (43)late-night find (37)kid-friendly (37)great for brunch (35)scenic view (14)Show More
- Great eatery in Del Mar areaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014We love this restaurant. The food is unusual and very good, with a great variety. The brussel sprouts and cauliflower side dishes are incredible. Service and look of the restaurant are great. The only complaint we have is that the noise level is a little loud -- a bit difficult for a conversation...but otherwise, a top choice. Also, prices were manageable.Special Features:
- Always delicious!AmygsdDined on 8/9/2014I've been to Cucina Enoteca several times, and it never disappoints. The food is delicious. We particularly enjoyed the squash blossom appetizer and the frutti di mare entree. Some parts of the restaurant can be loud, but this time we were seated on the west end, on one of the pillowed benches, and all seven of us could converse pretty easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cucina Enoteca Del MarSteffyDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I had a wonderful date night here. Service was great and food was yummy. it's lively and would be fun with a group of friends, girls night out, or another date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentdarvesDined on 8/8/2014The service and food were fantastic! I loved the entry (wine room) and interior space. The polenta with lamb, served on a cutting board, seemed strange but was delicious.Special Features:
- Must Eat UpstairsSteveTDined on 8/7/2014Noise level off the charts on the first floor. Make sure you reserve a table on the covered rooftop level. Food was a mixed bag. My wife's appetizer (mushroom risotto) and entree (short rib pappardelle) were outstanding. My kale ceasar salad and duck stuffed spinach&kale ravioli was average at best. If possible I would give the food 3 1/2 stars.Special Features:
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014Went there for dinner. For what you get very overpriced! Taking advantage of the location Very noisy. More like a drinking bar.
- WowedazmiVIPDined on 8/7/2014I have been here a few times and it has been very good food and great service. Took a group of friends this time and they were blown away with the food and the presentation and the service. We shared some flatbread, squash blossoms, polenta ragu, salads and blondie dessert with a lovely white wine. We had a love affair with the food. Great dining experience indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time by all accounts.LisasbDined on 8/5/2014The albacore crusade was sensational! Fresh and extremely flavorful. Love the pate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEW GEMchungpDined on 8/3/2014I just sat and looked at the menu and said you pick.... then again looked at the wine list and said.. we like red and surprise us... WOW! it was fantastic!Special Features:
- A pleasure!NomnomVIPDined on 8/1/2014Amazing cocktails & wine selection, beautiful upstairs and dining room areas. Authentic Italian cuisine fused with local, California faire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it can't get any more perfectDelmargirlVIPDined on 8/1/2014now don't make that set you up for failure. but i have been here a zilliion times for all sorts of reasons. intimate dinner, dinner with kids, girls night out, emotional discussions, party it up reasons, anything. the best food, has never done me wrong. unbelievable dishes, with touches and aromas that will blow you away. service impeccable, all the way to the GM bussing plates and serving and mingling, all at the same time. the beauty of this restaurant is the way it's divided up. there's a res only area and then a vibrant bar scene with community (packed) but intimate tables that are great. i love the noise, the energy, the food, and the of course the service is the #1 reason i'm there. thanks for a consistent time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The place is like being a cozy, rustic home. The place has something to offer any occasion. Date night, celebration with friends and getting together with old friends, all of which I saw the night we had dinner. We dined on pizza (our 4 year old ate almost an entire pizza) The short ribs were amazing (like eating an amazing pot roast dinner) Husband had shrimp and pasta and raved about it. Wine list was amazing although I ordered a wine off the menu recommendated by the nicest waiter. Great experience, affordable and a nice change of pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cucina Enoteca, a winnerLeleDined on 7/31/2014Very good food and service, noisy but a happening scene for the younger set. We will go back even tho we senior citizens.Special Features:
- margaretrubinsteinDined on 7/31/2014cucina enoteca offered a superior dining experience all around! The appetizers were so good that we could've been satisfied with these alone. Not the run-of-the mill choices either. Even the bread was superior and don't get me started on the desserts! All yummy!Special Features:
- Great Service Great FoodgreatexperienceDined on 7/30/2014This restaurant had great service throughout the evening with both the manager and the waiter attentively checking on us regularly. The octopus was delicious and my dinner meal was most excellent.Special Features:
- LOVEitalianfoodlover101Dined on 7/30/2014Cucina Enoteca is one of my favorite restaurants I have ever been too. The menu is priced very well. The decoration throughout the place is so fun and unique. I like how there are different specials every day off the week like "Meatball Mondays." The upstairs bar is so cool and fun, especially the swings.Special Features:
- New neighborhood favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014After trying this delicious spot once, I was hooked, and have found several excuses to return for birthdays, out of town visitors and anyone who will join me. The drinks are creative and delicious - and the food ohhh the food! Anytime they have a daily crudo special, get it - those are the most amazing. The "burnt" brussel sprouts with Ivan's Hot Sauce are ridiculously addictive, and there is a pasta dish with cabbage and a poached egg that my 6 and 8 year old gobble up (along with the kale caesar) The desserts are less consistent- though I LOVE the nutella affogato and also the yogurt panna cotta.Special Features:
- Very goodEllenDined on 7/28/2014Food good. Service excellent!! Attention to detail. Excellent italian wines. Good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Please, we say this with only the utmost respect and only wanting to point out a better way. As we entered we were greeted and told that it was not 5pm yet, it was 5 minutes to. We were told to go to the bar then come back to check in. We think the better way to have handled this would have been to say, can we have your name and we will come and get you when it's time. You had plenty of hostesses and many many empty tables. We did go to the the bar and decided to stay there have drinks and eat our dinner, it was great. You have a very knowledgeable bar staff and we couldn't be happier with the service and great food. Again only constructive criticism. We will be back.......Special Features:
- Foodie's DreamOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Great atmosphere and service. Love the food! It was to die for! Definitely go for the pork belly and meat/cheese platter appetizers. Bucatini pasta for an entree was full of flavor also. Dessert was good but nothing compared to appetizer and entree. Definitely a meal to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014Food was great. Noise unbearable. I was hoarse when I left just trying to converse .Special Features:
- WishizzyDined on 7/23/2014Fun place, parking difficult, valet service availability a must..... Everything beautiful, quite an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous and funKazsezDined on 7/20/2014With an eclectic decor that includes plastic horses on wires and block and tackle hangers, coupled with several diverse dining areas that range from a formal but fun indoor area, bar stools and long tables and an indoor/outdoor upstairs patio , this place is hard not to love. Couple that with delicious, interesting and intriguing food choices and their own organically grown produce and Cucina Enoteca has to be one of my favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!CailinRuaDined on 7/19/2014From before dinner drinks all the way through to desert everything was prefect. We are now going to Cucina Enoteca almost once per week. Make sure you do not pass on the Visas. The sweet pea hummus is a stunner.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner with friendsB1naryB0yDined on 7/19/2014All I can say is: Trust you wait staff! We put our dinner in the hands of our waiter and she ROCK IT! The drinks were fantastic and each course was a journey into the chef's best. It was a wonderful evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding lunch!NJJSDined on 7/19/2014I had been to Cucina Enoteca a couple times for dinner. The food was excellent, as well as the service, but the noise level was kind of disturbing to me. Lunch was a great experience. The place was not crowded and you could have a conversation without issues. The food was as good as for dinner, which is not the case in many restaurants. You could also see the beautiful décor of the place in detail. An outstanding experience throughout.Special Features:
- My new favorite in Del Mar/ SolanakevinfDined on 7/18/2014This place is always packed for a reason. Extensive and fun menu, well curated wines and beers with creative cocktails. I'm seriously looking forward to eating here for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another 10Rex68Dined on 7/18/2014One of my favorite local restaurants. Consistently great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great additional to Del Mar diningPilatesaddictDined on 7/18/2014Creative menu, top-notch quality, attentive but not cloying service, appropriate pricing and nice vegetarian choices. Will return again and again.Special Features:
- If want to be seen not heardluvgoodfoodDined on 7/18/2014The noise level was unbearable. This is the new "pickup spot" for people over 30 who want to be seen and not heard. The food was average (the squash blossoms were greasy, pizza thick and doughy, spicy shrimp pasta flavorless and the tomato sauce was sugary, etc.). The prices were moderate which makes the restaurant appear attractive. The wine list is comprised of virtual unknowns which helps to make it less expensive but sadly these choices are also average to poor in quality. The servers were very nice but the service was very slow. This restaurant serves it purposes, it is the hangout for people who desperately need to be perceived as being hip and chic. But for the rest of the world, it is not worth the effort.Special Features:
- Fun/Different/DeliciiousJoaquinSantiagoDined on 7/18/2014An unusual menu with selections for the adventurous and not-so-adventurous. All our selections (a pizza, a pasta dish, and appetizer) were delicious. Huge wine selection with some bottles very reasonably priced. Staff (hostess, servers and bussers) all energetic and seeming to enjoy their jobs. All were attentive enough without being obsequious or haughty. Only complaint - dinners did not arrive together. A minor issue since we were sharing, but still ... Bottom line - an excellent dining and drinking experience where everyone seems to be having a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd Strike You're Out2dineoutDined on 7/15/2014This was our third visit. Again, the food disappointed but this time we waited OVER one hour WITH A RESERVATION! While the management apologized profusely and comped us on burratta and squash blossom, it didn't matter. Eating at 9:30 at night was unacceptable and embarrassing for us as we were entertaining out of town company. No one liked their meal (the burger was the best offering yet they forgot to bring the cheese until halfway through the meal. This place is far from a neighborhood gem. Next time we will stick with Market Cafe.Special Features:
- Tasty, but...LetsEatDined on 7/15/2014The food and service were great, but we had to wait over 20 minutes past our reservation time- on a Tuesday night. There was nowhere to sit at the bar. When we tried to get the bartenders attention for the side of the bar we were ignored. The restaurant is really cute, but incredibly loud. Having a conversation with my husband across the table was almost impossible.Special Features:
- Service was not goodLynetteVIPDined on 7/13/2014The restaurant itself has great energy and I love the decor. The waiter was not attentive and was not available when we needed something.Special Features:
- A let down due to service and staffJeffGsdVIPDined on 7/12/2014The staff and service at Cucina Enoteca was poor. We were brought to our table to find it was not ready for us to sit down and needed to wait for the staff to clean the table and set it. Our waiter took a very long time to check back with us to get drink orders etc. We were never told the daily specials and had to ask him to tell us, when we did he said "I didn't explain those already?" With the waiter MIA we asked other staff for condiments, drinks ,and share plates. At the end of the meal I had to go find the waiter to get the credit card processed and the check paid. When we got up we were amused to find a pair of womens's panties on the floor under our table. Other than the story we'll be able to tell - this was not a great experience
- Loud and long wait but goodluv2dineDined on 7/12/2014Seated immediately with our open table reservation on a Saturday night. Wait for our server was 5 minutes, wait for our bottle of wine was 10 minutes, wait for our apps was 30 minutes after the wine. But the wait was worth it. Burrata with garlic was delicious, gnocchi with lobster also fabulous. Short rib papparadelle was unremarkable. Foraged mushroom pizza was good. It was a long and very loud wait on a Saturday night but tasty. This is not a place to be in a hurry or want quiet conversation. Our server told us they were 'very busy' in the kitchen thus the long wait for food. What a stupid excuse. Time to put on some more staff for Saturday nights we think. And racing season at Del Mar is almost here. Quite a scene.Special Features:
- Great dinner!RachelDined on 7/12/2014The food is always fantastic! The pork chop for 2 was incredible!!! We were not impressed at all, though, by the desserts. They were almost too complicated. We passed on that which doesn't usually happen when we go out to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paleo people will starveLuvPaleoDined on 7/12/2014If you're paleo, or even gluten free this restaurant is not for you. Had no choice but to eat salad. Atmosphere is welcoming and service is good. Not truly healthy food but they sell it like it is.Special Features:
- libsavVIPDined on 7/11/2014Excellent in every way ! Especially impressed with service correction of caffeine areggato to de-caf. We would not have known if they hadn't hurried over to replace it !Special Features:
- Good lunch spotBLSCDined on 7/11/2014This was my first experience and it was for lunch. There are many things on the menu that I would love to try so certainly will go back. Overall a really nice spot. If you love wine this is your spot!Special Features: