Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
2730 Via De La Valle
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cucinaenoteca.com/
- Phone: 8587044500x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Joe Magnanelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: URBAN KITCHEN CATERING provides four star, stunning events with menus unique to your occasion. For more information check the URBAN KITCHEN CATERING link on our website www.urbankitchengroup.com or call Alison Cupper at 619.239.2222 extension 2.
A word from Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
Say hello to the sister restaurant of San Diego’s award winning CUCINA urbana! CUCINA enoteca’s menu features Italian classics with a modern twist, traditionally coursed or served family-style, and made with the freshest local, organic and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
344 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (228)hot spot (184)notable wine list (178)vibrant bar scene (154)good for groups (143)special occasion (133)neighborhood gem (128)great for lunch (97)romantic (66)great for outdoor dining (44)kid-friendly (34)great for brunch (32)late-night find (29)scenic view (13)Show More
- The food was delectable. IOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2013The food was delectable. I can't stop thinking about the Marscapone Polenta with pork cheek with a hint of cinnamon. My client and I were both impressed and loved our experience. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Stick with the pizzas2dineoutDined on 11/12/2013Pizzas are to die for. Salads, sadly, are extremely weak. Don't get the Farmer's Salad. Good in the summer, not good with winter veggie selection. The salad reminded me of a salad one gets on an airplane. Flavorless lettuce, etc. Very disappointing for any restaurant, not just a restaurant as highly touted as this one. The salads are not consistent. The farro salad was great the first time, then had no greens and all faro the second time and was drenched with too much salad dressing. The pizza with the squash blossom is unforgettable. the squash blossom appetizer is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give the patio a try!DavidDined on 11/11/2013The food and service lived up to the standards that this group of restaurants is known for. It does not disappoint. However, the atmosphere comes off a bit hokey. Plastic horses hung on wires and other tacky furnishings take away from the ambiance. Inside, the noise level exceeds that where conversation is possible. The upstairs patio is the best venue for a great evening. By itself, the patio would be worth 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit there and wasbobpVIPDined on 11/11/2013First visit there and was really impressed with the food and service. Great vibe and super wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner w/ familytessashumanDined on 11/10/2013We were seated within a few minutes of check-in. Server was attentive and helpful. Wine was as good as usual. Ordered starters first: a polenta board w/ ragu and the beet salad. Both were shared and were delicious. Server told us that the kitchen was a bit slow that evening once our order was taken. He brought us a vasi order as thank you for our patience. Entrees were very good. My papparelle was a bit too al dente for my preference but the flavor of the dish was good. There was a cold draft due to the fact that the air vents blow directly against the wall where we were seated. I had a jacket as did my daughter which helped but we were really chilly throughout the meal. A drawback.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cucina EnotecaLuvnewfoodDined on 11/10/2013I loved the look of this restaurant, inside and out at night. Our server was good although our champagne dribbled to the table as he poured. We started with the excellent burata! The squash blossoms were memorable. We so shared the short rib papardelle with house made pasta, delightful!! L I have 3 stars because the view of McDonald's from our table detracted from the beauty of CE's interior! Overall a new and much needed star in north county!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to work out a few kinks!bsheridaDined on 11/10/2013I am a believer in all of Tracy Borkum's eating establishments and Cucina Enoteca is an extension of her wonderful food. The menu is varied and interesting. We had a bad and uninterested server who took away from what should have been a positive experience. He did not explain or suggest anything on the menu to us. He pushed and pushed over 4 times that I should buy a bottle of wine and cork it and take the rest home. I was the only wine drinker at the table and told him repeatedly that I didn't care for any wine that night. It took over an hour from when we ordered to get our food. Food was OK, but nothing amazing. One positive note is assistant GM David Trainer who hails from Flemings. He is a great GM and we were thrilled to see himSpecial Features:
- FabulousRuubsDined on 11/10/2013Third time in this fabulous restaurant and we can't wait to go back! We had a party of 6 and we loved the delicious, outstanding service and ambience.Special Features:
- OutstandinggiacomocramerDined on 11/9/2013A best friend just returned from 3 weeks in Italy and she chose Cucina Enoteca. It was so much fun. The food is outstanding. As an Italian wine lover, the wine list is really interesting and outstanding. The prices are very reasonable. We really like the restaurant decor. We really like the food menu selections. We were impressed with the high level of quality of each dish. And to top it off, our waiter was as outstanding as everything else. It was terrific to hear about hear trip in this environment. The three of us thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food here was so so and oddlyChristinaDined on 11/8/2013Food here was so so and oddly not up to snuff with Cucina Urbana. Decor was very nice and the wine list will please wine enthusiasts. Unfortunately the service was terribly slow and the restaurant was very loud that we found it difficult to hold a conversation without yelling at each other. We unfortunately will not be dining here again.Special Features:
- A new standardleepontonDined on 11/7/2013Cucina Enoteca sets a new standard for casual dinging. You should really try it at lunch just to appreciate how good-looking it is. But for dinner it was a great experience. The menu has lots of small plates, great wood-fired pizza and even a burger that sounded fantastic. You could save some $$ and still enjoy the ambiance and great staff. But if you are looking for Cali-Italian, the menu has pastas, osso bucco, short ribs and some vegetarian. This is a great restaurant for all budgets -- if you can score a reservation! Not the least of it's charms, the wine program is stupendous. All bottles from their wine store are RETAIL plus $8 corkage! And they have everything from a $10 Italian red to $400 cult Cabernets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group outingTropicsChickDined on 11/6/2013Took my team to a one way lunch. The only time we could get in was 2pm. Confirmed the reservation and when we show up they tell us we can choose from about 5 things on a limited menu. Fortunately, I spoke with the manager and then suddenly the whole menu was available. Food is amazing, staff is great. What's not to like? I guess the only downside is he place is packed to the rafters with cougars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A senior's viewotodocDined on 11/4/2013A nice new facility, love the big glass windows,, thought the frilly table cloths were silly, and the hanging shoe trees an absurdity.(Had they been previously in peoples' shoes for years?) The service was great, our waitress was a gem. The chicken pate was bizarre, but tasty, the salad contrived, but way too small, and the pizza very ordinary with too little sauce and/or cheese. Wine, and the wine list were great. We will try again, ordering something else, because it was a generally OK experience. It's the type of place for "Let's go out tonite, I'm not too hungry and I don't want to cook" night. It's right in our neighborhood, but I wouldn't travel far to get there.Special Features:
- Poor managementMickDined on 11/3/2013Cucina Enoteca has the opportunity to be as popular as Cucina Urbana in San Diego but! Why start a restaurant before the crew is ready to run it? The worst possible mistake for a new restaurant is to open before the crew is trained and ready to make us customers feel like it's been open for a year. Yes, it costs more money to train the crew to 100% before opening but it's going to cost more to loose us customers! I will give the restaurant one last try in a few months because it's a great concept.... Good luck, Mick
- beautful decor and a few complaintsnalanDined on 11/3/2013This restaurant has a great ambiance and the decor is phenomonal ( love the bath room wishes ) and I heard everything was green ( recycled) We have been twice. Lunch was harder to find food I liked. Don't eat red meat and not so into spicy. Dinner in the dining room was nicer and a bit less noisy ( is a pretty noisy place) The food for dinner I liked way better. Artic char cooked perfectly and the squash blossoms ( wanted salt never got any) Did not like the appetize of the yellow tail.tasted smoked? We had a good time and it was hard to hear our friends talking over the noise. Also do not like you charge to refill arnold palmers. There are very few places that charge for that any more and it seems cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food experience. GreatsweetandsaltyVIPDined on 11/3/2013Good food experience. Great service that was attentive not intrusive. Cadence of dining experience was reflective of a well managed kitchen even though restaurant was very busy. Nice addition to neighborhood dinning options. Wish menu offered a few unique items but it is all familiar fare, well executed but familiar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new hottest place in townOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2013We had an outstanding dinner at Cucina Enoteca on Sunday night. The restaurant was filled, but we had great service. We started with a Marguerta Pizza for the table. I ordered chicken for the main course. It was fabulous with delicious side veggies. I ordered sorbet for dessert. Everyone enjoyed their choices. Would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningMattLDined on 11/2/2013The service (Kyle) was outstanding. The food was unique and very tasty. The portions were generous and the unique wine list produced a gem for our anniversary dinner. The atmosphere was vibrant bordering on loud but it was good energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new reataurantDiner2Dined on 11/2/2013Enjoyed a very good Saturday night dinner, well prepared, attentive service. Very noisy restaurant when full however.Special Features:
- WonderfulCindyDined on 11/2/2013We love this restaurant group so much. We were so happy to see that Cucina Enoteca was coming to Del Mar. The food is fabulous as is the service and the atmosphere. the only down side for us is the extreme noise. We literally had to YELL at our friends at a table for 4. If some kind of sound proofing could be done, it would be perfect. We will still go back no question. If you dont have reservations it is really fun to sit at the family tables. Service is done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatahill03Dined on 10/31/2013We ent to Cucina Enoteca in Del Mar for the first time. Their menu is a little different but I am Italian so I always like to try new Italian restaurants. I had the risotto which was outstanding. My husband ordered one of their Caesar salads. No one in my party liked this at all. It was done a different way and was served warm. Not good at all in our opinion. Meatball was good. All in all good italian food except for the salad, but pretty expensive for what you get!
- Not good NightDispleasedVIPDined on 10/30/2013We waited a month to give the staff time to settle in They were as accommodating as could be to our request for a table with comfortable chairs for the 4 of us vs a wall seat with two wooden chairs. We waited a half hour in the way of moving staff as the bar could only accommodate seated patrons the byway was a direct route for the wait staff to and from the kitchen so we could not even order a glass of wine When we finally got seated there was some initial attention to water and drinks and after a bit we ordered We got a pizza and salad to start the salad was dressed in something very sour We waited and waited and waited some more for our entrees
- Wonderful EveningphoebeVIPDined on 10/30/2013Fantastic service this evening. Food was excellent. Can recommend the duck conserva and the arctic char. Lovely wine. Kids were happy. The only thing they missed was that it was my birthday celebration (Hosts forgot to tell waiter), but it didn't matter much because we had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tracy Terrific! Brilliant Borkum!PattDined on 10/30/2013Cucina Enoteca was a feast for the eyes as well as cuisine to capture the other senses of taste and aroma. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place was packed on akisfanVIPDined on 10/28/2013The place was packed on a Monday night. The noise level makes it difficult to have a conversation at your own table but, all-in-all, its a good dining experience.
- group of 8OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/28/2013Many could use more help on wine selections. overall, great time.Special Features:
- fun place for dinner - a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/27/2013fun place for dinner - a bit noisier then I usually like - service was okay - I put it down to opening craziness.Special Features:
- Good for lunch or dinnerSoCalEnthuVIPDined on 10/27/2013We enjoyed a fabulous lunch on the upstairs deck. Nice casual atmosphere with very reasonably priced top-notch food. We'll need to come back for dinner to enjoy the wine store with no corkage fee for bottles purchased on site over $25. That would be ideal for dinner. My favorite dish continues to be the beef short rib parpardelle. So delicious that it prevents me from trying other dishes (other than tasting my spouse's!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North County strikes it Rich!luv2eatoutDined on 10/27/2013The addition to the Flower Hill Mall of this Cucina Restaurant is such a big treat! It has creative and great food, and is a big hit among the locals already. Service is very attentive! It is a bit pricy but the ingredients are high quality so a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelMar GemEnjoygoodfoodDined on 10/26/2013Cucina enoteca is a great addition to Flower Hill remodel. Icing on the cake. Invited friends to dine with us and they had the same experience. Great service from the moment you walk through the door. Food was delicious from the chicken liver pate to the Osso Buco and the chocolate tart. Recommend everyone visit this new Italian delight. You feel you are in an Italian marketplace. Take a moment and delight in the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, creative food. AlthoughhungrycowDined on 10/24/2013Fresh, creative food. Although this very on trend and modern restaurant uses eclectic ingredient pairings, the results were delicious, classic flavors, and very comforting. Our waiter made good recommendations and checked up on us appropriately. Ate until I thought I would burst. I want to go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolute gem in Del MarDelmargirlVIPDined on 10/23/2013***Now this is what i call service.*** An absolute amazing experience each time. The service is the most consistent I have experience, they genuinely care about your visit. The food is exceptional, you will not go wrong with anything you order. The bar upstairs is marvelous, and a gorgeous place to end with an apertif, prepared by Royce! Please experience all the hype, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Hot SpotProntoDined on 10/22/2013My 2nd time here. Food is good but the place is very noisy and a table against back wall still made it tough for 2 to talk & hear each other. The service was slow. Don't know if the kitchen was backed up but I had to ask what happened to my salad. It was limp by time it came. I had to ask for pepper, and silverware and a 2nd drink. And this was a Tuesday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Del Mar AttractionJBirdDined on 10/22/2013Cucina Enoteca is a welcome, fun place to meet, greet and hang-out with friends. The first experience with the food was very good. Chopped Salad was excellent and generous; Pizza very good and cooked perfectly; Osso Bucco was great and cooked correctly but needed a bit more sauce/gravy. Lots of fun going on at the bar seating. Definitely a destination for a "Girls Night Out". Reservations are difficult and frustrating in my opinion. Regarding the wine list, they say that the prices are at their cost with an added $8.00 corkage fee. Not a place to bring your own wine because the corkage fee is $25. This is not so good for many of the locals here who have wine cellars and like to bring their own special wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First BitesLovingLunchesVIPDined on 10/22/2013There were so many items on the menu that I wanted to try and they all sounded delicious. Settled on the arugula and heirloom tomato salad to start and the three grilled cheese. They both tasted very good in the beginning but then ran out of tomatoes in both dishes. If there was more tomato confit and grilled onions on the grilled cheese it would have sustained that initial delight. The cheese melted so much outside of the bread that the inside was left a bit dry and not enough tomatoes to offset the strong cheese flavors. On the salad I guess I was expecting some nice slices of heirloom tomatoes, but there was only a few chopped tomatoes. Will try again to see if changes were made. Decor is very cool with comfy pillows at booths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge DisappointmentCdelmarDined on 10/21/2013We were excited to try this new restaurant in our neighborhood and it took several attempts to get a reservation. Based on our experience none of the 4 of us plans to come back. Part of the reason may have been a poor server as we waited forever for everything. Tables around us that arrived later were getting food before us. We split 2 salads and ordered a couple of pizzas and a two entrees. The salads were ok, but the pizzas were soggy. My friend had the paparadelle which greasy and tough and she could not eat it. Maybe it was just the Monday night blues.Special Features:
- Delicious lunch! The stuffedphoebeVIPDined on 10/21/2013Delicious lunch! The stuffed squash blossoms are wonderful. Farro salad hearty yet refreshing. Zucchini white bean panini is a great sandwich. Chocolate dessert is very good, but I do wish they would change up the dessert menu more often. We will be back regularly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View?DSandDined on 10/20/2013Good food. Beautiful restaurant. Good wine list. Big windows looking at McDonalds through the window though? Maybe plant some hedges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional all aroundSheriDined on 10/20/2013I love this restaurant! The servers are great - very well-informed, patient, friendly. The food is perfectly cooked and modestly seasoned which is nice because it's such high quality you wouldn't want the natural flavors covered up. I've eaten here three times including the soft-opening and am totally impressed. It's no surprise it's packed every night. My only 'complaint' is the noise level in the room on the western end. We sat in the center portion under the lower ceiling and could barely hear each other over the ambient noise. The other spaces are quieter. And the salted caramel budino makes it all worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice to have in Del MarSalomonVIPDined on 10/19/2013Love the downtown location but this one takes the price. Del mar you are growing up with quality placesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.