Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
2730 Via De La Valle
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cucinaenoteca.com/
- Phone: 8587044500x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Joe Magnanelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: URBAN KITCHEN CATERING provides four star, stunning events with menus unique to your occasion. For more information check the URBAN KITCHEN CATERING link on our website www.urbankitchengroup.com or call Alison Cupper at 619.239.2222 extension 2.
A word from Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
Say hello to the sister restaurant of San Diego’s award winning CUCINA urbana! CUCINA enoteca’s menu features Italian classics with a modern twist, traditionally coursed or served family-style, and made with the freshest local, organic and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
321 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (223)notable wine list (171)hot spot (170)vibrant bar scene (146)good for groups (142)special occasion (124)neighborhood gem (112)great for lunch (89)romantic (66)great for outdoor dining (43)great for brunch (31)kid-friendly (28)late-night find (26)scenic view (11)Show More
- Favorite new spotDoveDined on 11/24/2013This place is cute and fun! It doesn't hurt that the food was great too ha ha! The menu had a nice selection of drinks and food in a variety of price ranges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BesthappyDined on 11/24/2013Cucina Enoteca is the best. The food is excellent and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine policy quality foodWCO2Dined on 11/23/2013The wine policy is greatly appreciated. Wines are sold at retail price, plus a $8 corkage fee and the wine list is very good. This means that one can enjoy a really nice bottle of wine, at an affordable price (as should always be the case). The ingredients are top quality. The custom made burrata was excellent and is highly recommended. The Pizza was excellent as well. The use of quality ingredients, locally and sustainably sourced is greatly appreciated. We sat at the outdoor second floor terrace which we found very nice.Special Features:
- Great SpotSchribeDined on 11/23/2013Overall, an excellent spot for dinner. Food was good and the ambiance amazing.Special Features:
- Patio was nice. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/23/2013Patio was nice. Service was very slow. The drinks took longer than the food. Pizza is probably the only thing I would order again. I would only go back for happy hour.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/23/2013My family dined at Cucina for the first time on Saturday evening. Everyone loved their food choice, and we are pretty picky! Have already booked a special occasion during the holidays!Special Features:
- Not Quite1breakfastloverDined on 11/23/2013Not quite as good as sister restaurant ... we were are a party of 2 (5:00 arrival); after being seated we were relocated and hostess apologized, saying she'd bring us a complimentary appetizer (never delivered). Ordered chopped salad (good, crunchy and flavorful); husband ordered ravioli special (8 tiny ravioli--perfect as an appetizer) and I ordered the arctic char (a generous portion and quite tasty). Dessert--budino--was off the charts. Service was overly attentive, leaving us feeling uncomfortable and rushed. All that said, we will return but unless with a large group, will likely sit at bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for the neighborhood.judyDined on 11/23/2013The food is not NYC Italian good. But in San Diego it's ok. There is not anything like it in the neighborhood which makes it interesting. It was very hard to get a reservation for dinner so we tried lunch. The bar looks like it could be a fun atmosphere but we did not get to experience it because the night was very crowded.Special Features:
- Fantastic Menu!DKSVDined on 11/20/2013We selected Cucina Enoteca Del Mar for our ladies' night out. We live in Carmel Valley and enjoy speding time together trying all the restaurants in our neighborhood. This is a wonderful gem! I am especially fond of fresh "farm to table" selections. Like Cucina Urbana near downtown, this location has an imaginative chef with delicious menu choices. We followed previous reviews and made selections accordingly. My only reservation is the service. Perhaps I am the only diner who is offended by " too" much service but that was a concern. We were often engaged in conversation only to be interrupted by servers who wanted to remove plates or inquire about our opinions regarding our dinner selections. Otherwise, the evening was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy and too dimly lit.BetsDined on 11/20/2013Too noisy and too dimly lit. Very difficult to read the menu.Special Features:
- A Credit to North County!MamaDDined on 11/20/2013The food at Cucina Enoteca is simply divine!!!! And the ambience and decor is breathtakingly beautiful! We are so happy to have this dining choice in North County San Diego!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way to TrendyStellaDined on 11/19/2013I was really excited to try out Cucina Enoteca and was disappointed that the menu offered items that were so innovative they didn't sound appealing. I love trying new foods but this was a bit over the top and tasted the same as well. I don't recall a time when I couldn't find one thing on the menu that I wanted because usually I am deciding between several. Extremely noisy also. The only bright spot was our waiter who was extremely attentive and knew all the dishes and wine.Special Features:
- It Has It All…..OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2013Wonderful atmosphere. Cucina did a GREAT job with this restaurant! It seems next to impossible anymore to find a restaurant where you can actually have a conversation and hear your table mates. I'm not saying that it is quiet….by any means, but it does lend itself to being able to converse. The food was really good, but even better was the service. Our server was very attentive and knowledgable about the menu offerings as well as wine choices. The manager even bothered to stop by our table to be sure that everything was going well! I recommend the short ribs…..delicious!!!Special Features:
- lived up to the hypesdcoleenieDined on 11/16/2013We had a fabulous night celebrating our anniversary at Cucina Enoteca. My best advice is to go hungry, trust your waiter, and enjoy the wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your earplugsItalianfanVIPDined on 11/15/2013Flower Hill's hot new restaurant, Cucina Enoteca, has great service, good food, an big wine list, and reasonable prices. And it seems very popular among the thirty something set. But if you go, bring earplugs. It seems intentionally designed to increase the decibel level. Almost painful at the dinner rush.Special Features:
- loved it....great for sittingBenjaminVIPDined on 11/15/2013loved it....great for sitting at the bar or communal tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So loud you couldn't talkemmieDined on 11/14/2013So loud you couldn't talk to anyone. Seemed like a great bar scene. Food came promptly but we could never find our waiter to take orders, etc. When he finally came, he was very nice and helpful--just never around. Food was good, peanut crème bruleee dessert was excellent.Special Features:
- Happening PlaceTiggerDined on 11/14/2013Cucina Enoteca is a very pleasant restaurant for a variety of different , fresh foods. The presentation is unlike other local places. The waiter/waitresses are so pleasant & helpful. A few things you need to know. The service is slow, the environment is very noisy and it is always crowded. If you are looking for a romantic quiet dinner, this is not the place. The bar is filled with older men on the prowl. The food is quite lovely but a bit pricey. It would be a place to go for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Del Mar Hot SpotSLONVIPDined on 11/14/2013Some girlfriends and I met here for ladies night. We had very good service and the food was great! We ordered the squash blossoms, burrata vasi, and meatballs to begin. All delicious! For main entrees a few of us had the pizza for half price pizza night and loved them! It's nice to have a place in Del Mar where it's very lively and not super pricy. Will be back many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delectable. IOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2013The food was delectable. I can't stop thinking about the Marscapone Polenta with pork cheek with a hint of cinnamon. My client and I were both impressed and loved our experience. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Stick with the pizzas2dineoutDined on 11/12/2013Pizzas are to die for. Salads, sadly, are extremely weak. Don't get the Farmer's Salad. Good in the summer, not good with winter veggie selection. The salad reminded me of a salad one gets on an airplane. Flavorless lettuce, etc. Very disappointing for any restaurant, not just a restaurant as highly touted as this one. The salads are not consistent. The farro salad was great the first time, then had no greens and all faro the second time and was drenched with too much salad dressing. The pizza with the squash blossom is unforgettable. the squash blossom appetizer is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give the patio a try!DavidDined on 11/11/2013The food and service lived up to the standards that this group of restaurants is known for. It does not disappoint. However, the atmosphere comes off a bit hokey. Plastic horses hung on wires and other tacky furnishings take away from the ambiance. Inside, the noise level exceeds that where conversation is possible. The upstairs patio is the best venue for a great evening. By itself, the patio would be worth 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit there and wasbobpVIPDined on 11/11/2013First visit there and was really impressed with the food and service. Great vibe and super wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner w/ familytessashumanDined on 11/10/2013We were seated within a few minutes of check-in. Server was attentive and helpful. Wine was as good as usual. Ordered starters first: a polenta board w/ ragu and the beet salad. Both were shared and were delicious. Server told us that the kitchen was a bit slow that evening once our order was taken. He brought us a vasi order as thank you for our patience. Entrees were very good. My papparelle was a bit too al dente for my preference but the flavor of the dish was good. There was a cold draft due to the fact that the air vents blow directly against the wall where we were seated. I had a jacket as did my daughter which helped but we were really chilly throughout the meal. A drawback.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cucina EnotecaLuvnewfoodDined on 11/10/2013I loved the look of this restaurant, inside and out at night. Our server was good although our champagne dribbled to the table as he poured. We started with the excellent burata! The squash blossoms were memorable. We so shared the short rib papardelle with house made pasta, delightful!! L I have 3 stars because the view of McDonald's from our table detracted from the beauty of CE's interior! Overall a new and much needed star in north county!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to work out a few kinks!bsheridaDined on 11/10/2013I am a believer in all of Tracy Borkum's eating establishments and Cucina Enoteca is an extension of her wonderful food. The menu is varied and interesting. We had a bad and uninterested server who took away from what should have been a positive experience. He did not explain or suggest anything on the menu to us. He pushed and pushed over 4 times that I should buy a bottle of wine and cork it and take the rest home. I was the only wine drinker at the table and told him repeatedly that I didn't care for any wine that night. It took over an hour from when we ordered to get our food. Food was OK, but nothing amazing. One positive note is assistant GM David Trainer who hails from Flemings. He is a great GM and we were thrilled to see himSpecial Features:
- FabulousRuubsDined on 11/10/2013Third time in this fabulous restaurant and we can't wait to go back! We had a party of 6 and we loved the delicious, outstanding service and ambience.Special Features:
- OutstandinggiacomocramerDined on 11/9/2013A best friend just returned from 3 weeks in Italy and she chose Cucina Enoteca. It was so much fun. The food is outstanding. As an Italian wine lover, the wine list is really interesting and outstanding. The prices are very reasonable. We really like the restaurant decor. We really like the food menu selections. We were impressed with the high level of quality of each dish. And to top it off, our waiter was as outstanding as everything else. It was terrific to hear about hear trip in this environment. The three of us thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food here was so so and oddlyChristinaDined on 11/8/2013Food here was so so and oddly not up to snuff with Cucina Urbana. Decor was very nice and the wine list will please wine enthusiasts. Unfortunately the service was terribly slow and the restaurant was very loud that we found it difficult to hold a conversation without yelling at each other. We unfortunately will not be dining here again.Special Features:
- A new standardleepontonDined on 11/7/2013Cucina Enoteca sets a new standard for casual dinging. You should really try it at lunch just to appreciate how good-looking it is. But for dinner it was a great experience. The menu has lots of small plates, great wood-fired pizza and even a burger that sounded fantastic. You could save some $$ and still enjoy the ambiance and great staff. But if you are looking for Cali-Italian, the menu has pastas, osso bucco, short ribs and some vegetarian. This is a great restaurant for all budgets -- if you can score a reservation! Not the least of it's charms, the wine program is stupendous. All bottles from their wine store are RETAIL plus $8 corkage! And they have everything from a $10 Italian red to $400 cult Cabernets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group outingTropicsChickDined on 11/6/2013Took my team to a one way lunch. The only time we could get in was 2pm. Confirmed the reservation and when we show up they tell us we can choose from about 5 things on a limited menu. Fortunately, I spoke with the manager and then suddenly the whole menu was available. Food is amazing, staff is great. What's not to like? I guess the only downside is he place is packed to the rafters with cougars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A senior's viewotodocDined on 11/4/2013A nice new facility, love the big glass windows,, thought the frilly table cloths were silly, and the hanging shoe trees an absurdity.(Had they been previously in peoples' shoes for years?) The service was great, our waitress was a gem. The chicken pate was bizarre, but tasty, the salad contrived, but way too small, and the pizza very ordinary with too little sauce and/or cheese. Wine, and the wine list were great. We will try again, ordering something else, because it was a generally OK experience. It's the type of place for "Let's go out tonite, I'm not too hungry and I don't want to cook" night. It's right in our neighborhood, but I wouldn't travel far to get there.Special Features:
- Poor managementMickDined on 11/3/2013Cucina Enoteca has the opportunity to be as popular as Cucina Urbana in San Diego but! Why start a restaurant before the crew is ready to run it? The worst possible mistake for a new restaurant is to open before the crew is trained and ready to make us customers feel like it's been open for a year. Yes, it costs more money to train the crew to 100% before opening but it's going to cost more to loose us customers! I will give the restaurant one last try in a few months because it's a great concept.... Good luck, Mick
- beautful decor and a few complaintsnalanDined on 11/3/2013This restaurant has a great ambiance and the decor is phenomonal ( love the bath room wishes ) and I heard everything was green ( recycled) We have been twice. Lunch was harder to find food I liked. Don't eat red meat and not so into spicy. Dinner in the dining room was nicer and a bit less noisy ( is a pretty noisy place) The food for dinner I liked way better. Artic char cooked perfectly and the squash blossoms ( wanted salt never got any) Did not like the appetize of the yellow tail.tasted smoked? We had a good time and it was hard to hear our friends talking over the noise. Also do not like you charge to refill arnold palmers. There are very few places that charge for that any more and it seems cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food experience. GreatsweetandsaltyVIPDined on 11/3/2013Good food experience. Great service that was attentive not intrusive. Cadence of dining experience was reflective of a well managed kitchen even though restaurant was very busy. Nice addition to neighborhood dinning options. Wish menu offered a few unique items but it is all familiar fare, well executed but familiar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new hottest place in townOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2013We had an outstanding dinner at Cucina Enoteca on Sunday night. The restaurant was filled, but we had great service. We started with a Marguerta Pizza for the table. I ordered chicken for the main course. It was fabulous with delicious side veggies. I ordered sorbet for dessert. Everyone enjoyed their choices. Would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningMattLDined on 11/2/2013The service (Kyle) was outstanding. The food was unique and very tasty. The portions were generous and the unique wine list produced a gem for our anniversary dinner. The atmosphere was vibrant bordering on loud but it was good energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new reataurantDiner2Dined on 11/2/2013Enjoyed a very good Saturday night dinner, well prepared, attentive service. Very noisy restaurant when full however.Special Features:
- WonderfulCindyDined on 11/2/2013We love this restaurant group so much. We were so happy to see that Cucina Enoteca was coming to Del Mar. The food is fabulous as is the service and the atmosphere. the only down side for us is the extreme noise. We literally had to YELL at our friends at a table for 4. If some kind of sound proofing could be done, it would be perfect. We will still go back no question. If you dont have reservations it is really fun to sit at the family tables. Service is done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatahill03Dined on 10/31/2013We ent to Cucina Enoteca in Del Mar for the first time. Their menu is a little different but I am Italian so I always like to try new Italian restaurants. I had the risotto which was outstanding. My husband ordered one of their Caesar salads. No one in my party liked this at all. It was done a different way and was served warm. Not good at all in our opinion. Meatball was good. All in all good italian food except for the salad, but pretty expensive for what you get!