1250 22nd Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20037Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nicolasdc.com/
- Phone: 2024494011x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joud Achkar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is available in the Wine Room adjacent to the bar.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Giannetti 2024494011x
A word from Trattoria Nicola's
A comfortable neighborhood Trattoria located between Georgetown and Dupont Circle serving rustic Italian cuisine. Trattoria Nicola's features a dramatic entrance on 23rd street, al fresco dining on the patio and private dining available in the Wine Room adjacent to the bar. The main dining area is split level and features romantic high backed booths and rich, colorful decor that stimulates the appetite. The sophisticated bar features happy hour and daily martini specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Nicola's reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Convenient for Embassy SuitesNJDinerDined on 12/26/2012Convenient for Embassy Suites hotel guests, but nothing special.
- Great lunch findtruetoformDined on 12/13/2012Fantastic buffet brunch including non-alcoholic beverages for $12. You can't go wrong. The food is incredible!Special Features:
- A new DC favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2012Found restaurant when strolling thru neighborhood & looked it up on Open Table. We were looking for a last minute place for a nice dinner on a late Mon night, within walking distance of our bed & breakfast. Trattoria Nicola exceeded all expectations. Our server Billy was wonderful at making suggestions, answering questions, friendly, warm and full of history. For being attached to a hotel, we weren't expecting such exceptional quality (highly recommend the mussels/scallops dish in a red sauce, the risotto special, the cannoli!), value (substantial portions at fair price) and atmosphere. We still talk about the meal here more than any other on our 5-day trip. And we ate at some well known, swanky restaurants, but will return here for sure.Special Features:
- They were not too busy, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012They were not too busy, but we went early on a Friday night. Everyone's food was really good, and the desserts were wonderful. We might have gone for the fixed menu for $30 if they had had any of the chocolate desserts on it!Special Features:
- Good, fresh Italian. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Good, fresh Italian. Excellent service. We were probably there a little too early. Dining later would improve the ambience.Special Features:
- Trattoria Nicola's is an excellentanonDined on 10/15/2012Trattoria Nicola's is an excellent neighborhood restaurant. Food is very good with attentive service. We would return.Special Features:
- Restaurant is inside the EmbassyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012Restaurant is inside the Embassy Suites so expect a lot of families. I ordered the bacon wrapped pork loin and was shocked that it was served on a bed of cold polenta! I thought this was a mistake and asked the waitress to tell the kitchen. She returned and said no mistake! And the chef wouldn't heat it cuz it would "ruin" it!
- I went to Trattoria Nicola'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2012I went to Trattoria Nicola's for the first time with my parents this past August. Our experience was mediocre at best; the atmosphere and food were nothing special, and the wait staff seemed confused when we asked to be seated outside. I cannot say that I will go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Food was very good. Wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2012Food was very good. Wine list vs $$ was also very good. Had 1 of the best wines in months. Wait staff did great job. Went back again the next night also. Coming from New Orleans food was great.Special Features:
- The food was alright but theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2012The food was alright but the restaurant is actually located inside and Embassy Suites. We were one of just a few tables in the place and our service was a little slow.
- The salads and appetizersLAODCVIPDined on 7/20/2012The salads and appetizers were very good, but the pasta dish that I had was not memorable. It had all the ingredients I love (sun-dried tomatores, arugula, shrimp) but it just didn't come together.
- We had prix fix menu so choicesShirlDined on 7/13/2012We had prix fix menu so choices were limited but I did enjoy the risottoSpecial Features:
- Never would have thought...QualityFoodLoverVIPDined on 7/11/2012What a wonderful surprise...the food was amazing!!! We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- Overall just okay. OctopusPostChesapeakeManVIPDined on 7/9/2012Overall just okay. Octopus salad was pretty good, bruschetta was just okay, the Salad Nicola was great and the pasta was standard. Wouldn't go expecting to be wowed or to receive prompt service.
- Meals were fine, but the atnosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2012Meals were fine, but the atnosphere was quite typical for a hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- It's rare that I rate a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/24/2012It's rare that I rate a restaurant this way. Everything was unpleasant, from no valet parking (with a crowded street), to a snarly manager, to untrained staff and ordinary food.
- We had a great time, our foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2012We had a great time, our food came very quickly , almost record speed. I had the Salmon and my partner had the chicken with a Calamari appetizer to start with. Our waitress was very friendly and professional. She refilled the water and check on us at all the right times. I would recommend and will return to Trattoria in the future.Special Features:
- Only reason this is survivingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/6/2012Only reason this is surviving is because it is attached to a hotel
- We arrived on a Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2012We arrived on a Saturday night to a near empty restaurant. The food was excellent. They may be busier at lunchtime.
- Don't make a special tripDavidDined on 5/5/2012While the staff is friendly and the prices reasonable, I never had crunchy lasagna before and don't want to have it again. The bread wasn't hot or very tasty. The salads were fine. The restaurant was also too dark.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2012Their online menu was completely different from their in-house menu, which had far fewer and worse options. The food was decent at best.
- Go elsewhereTreaseDined on 3/19/2012Our group ordered 2 main course salads and a pasta dish. Salads were ordinary, bland dressing, lettuce and a few soggy tomato slices. The pasta was far worse and we sent it back. Re-served basically the same dish with overcooked shrimp, a terrible sauce, and could not eat it. Do not recommend.
- It's le overpriced for whatcub4evaVIPDined on 2/28/2012It's le overpriced for what you get. The wine selection is average.
- Good solid Italian fare -WineLoverVIPDined on 2/27/2012Good solid Italian fare - located in an Embassy Suites
- Needs some PR workFionaVIPDined on 2/26/2012First of all no where was it noted that the restaurant is in a hotel. Therefore we had a hard time locating it. There were only 5 other diners the night we went which made the space feel huge. Our waiter - while a very nice guy - was terribly intrusive. He CONSTANTLY was asking how things were - even before we had a chance to pick up our forks. Our Main Course was delivered almost immediately after our apps were brought to the table. We sent them back . They were remade when we were ready and the food was really quite good.But there were just to many wrong things for us to go back.
- Service was the best!!! FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2012Service was the best!!! Food was wonderful. Great find!Special Features:
- Good find - I'll go again!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2012The house wine was plentiful and ok. The service was wonderful, great waiter, of course it was very quiet that night (week night). The chicken parmigiana was plentiful and tasty, salad was very nice and the molten chocolate cake, ice cream and caramelized bananas was excellent. Overall, we had a lovely, memorable evening there.Special Features:
- Don't bothOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/12/2012The food was actually pretty good Italian fare (if somewhat overpriced), but the restaurant was dimly lit and also completely dead on a Sunday evening. Another low point was that the server did not speak English well enough to take our order properly, and had to get another waiter to explain that the wine we ordered was not available. It seemed like a sad, abandoned hotel restaurant that no one would choose to go to if they had other options.
- Good valueDaveLAVIPDined on 2/7/2012In DC just for the day. Convenient location to westend hotels. Good value.
- Always enjoy the deliciousCoquette1VIPDined on 1/26/2012Always enjoy the delicious antipasto buffet for lunch as well as other very good menu items.....Special Features:
- I expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012Rather quiet but that's maybe because we went at 9pm. Got kicked out by the manager at closing time, not in a rude way but still awkward. Having previously worked in an Italian restaurant I found the food just okay. The portions were not quite proportionate with the prize. It was alright. I would only go back to try their happy hour but I'll pass on the dinner. Service was good though.Special Features:
- This restaurant provided meSwinstyDined on 1/14/2012This restaurant provided me and my two friends with a pleasant dining experience. The atmosphere was a bit outdated for me, but the meal was quite good and my friends were extremely pleased with their dining experience.Special Features:
- we've eaten here twice andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011we've eaten here twice and been pleased each time-food is very goodSpecial Features:
- Christmas day dinner in thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011Christmas day dinner in this hotel restaurant, so I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. Probably not a place my husband and I would normally frequent due to the high number of kids.Special Features:
- My Christmas lunch there wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2011My Christmas lunch there was great. The food was good and the service was great. I was suprised how quiet it was there considering it was during the holidays, but my family and I enjoyed the restaurant.Special Features:
- Don't let the location stop you!tbndcVIPDined on 11/25/2011This is a real restaurant with very well prepared food. We have been there many times. It is surprisingly nice. It looks good and the staff is very accommodating. The food is always excellent. We will go back, usually every other week.Special Features:
- The food is ordinary... TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/24/2011The food is ordinary... The thanksgiving meal was nothing but special and they even succeed to forget to put polenta on our dishes, while it was supposed to!
- Skip dinner and go for dessert.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2011The desserts were good, but entrees were just ok. Pasta did not seem fresh which makes me think they don't make their own. I expected better for the price.
- I feel the lunch buffet isOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2011I feel the lunch buffet is the best food and best deal in town. Service Team is very efficient and accomodating. The bar tender went out of his way to accomodate our small group.Special Features:
- Well done Massimo Thank youMassimousa1Dined on 10/3/2011Well done Massimo Thank you for a fantastic dinnerSpecial Features: