20 Elm Street
North Reading, MA 01864Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.teresaseatery.com/prime/
- Phone: 978-276-0044x2
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Teresa's Prime
North Shores Finest! Teresa’s Prime. North shores newest & unique upscale steak house, offering a wide selection of fine Brandt Prime Beef and the freshest seafood dishes. A select menu that will delight the most discriminating pallet. Teresa’s offers an extensive selection of the world’s finest wines. Together with unparalleled service and a breath taking atmosphere. All Making Teresa’s Prime, North Shores finest dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Teresa's Prime - Best Restaurants in North Reading ›
Teresa's Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (19)notable wine list (17)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Quality dining experienceRobbyCDined on 3/29/2014Everything from the drinks to the food to the atmosphere and service were exceptional. Prices commensurate with the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2014This was the second time I went to Prime and the first was only 3 days after they opened. I really enjoy the atmosphere and the food, but both times we have had an issue with how the food was cooked. The first time I went my scallops were under cooked and it took a while to get it out so my friends were done with their meals when mine came out. The second time the person I was with ordered a steak medium well and it came out rare. Once it was brought back it was excellent but a steak house should know how to cook it correctly. Even though I have had a couple of issues I love the food on the menu since it is not the run of the mill and there sides are great! Also the service is excellent and so are the special martinis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely...love2dineDined on 3/23/2014great restaurant for a special occasion. Great atmosphere and staff. Great food. Although I wouldn't recommend the seafood it was a bit dry however, it is a steak house so order the steak...my bad..Special Features:
- Wonderful neighborhood find!Julesrn1227VIPDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I are always looking for a good local restaurant. So glad we found Teresa's. We had a fabulous time right from the start. The inside was decorated nicely(very cozy and romantic), beautiful bar area. Service was great this night. I started with the house salad and have to say it was the best house salad I've ever had at a restaurant. The dressing was so tasty and the presentation was lovely. My husbands spinach salad was almost as good! I had the 8 oz filet cooked to perfect order. It was very tender and full of flavor. Hubby got the 24oz porter house and basically finished every bite. Sides(which are included) were plentiful and delicious. No desserts for us, too stuffed :-). Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Perfect!VinnyDined on 3/15/2014The entire dining experience, from the check-in to bar to a great meal was outstanding! Owner Nick Yebba and Chef Jason came by the table to say hello and to make sure that everything was just perfect. The steaks are superb! My wife had the sea bass and that was as good as the steak! Why go to Boston for the hastle of a long drive, valet parking expense and to pay higher dinner prices when you can enjoy a premium steakhouse in North Reading! It's well worth the trip and dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were told to pick 2 sidesBrucDined on 3/15/2014We were told to pick 2 sides to go with the steak from a list. We asked if the macarroni with lobster also came with the picks, the waitress said it did. When we got the bill, there was an additional charge of $4.00 on each steak order and realized that this was not actually a side that would come with the order, but had an additional charge. When we asked if it came with it, it should be understood that it is a question if there is no additional charge. The wait staff is very nice and professional, but they need to be trained on the menu costs. This is a vey expensive restaurant and costing mistakes like this should not happen. I did not bother to dispute this since we were in a hurry to go to an appointment, so I payed the extra $8.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great suburban restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/14/2014Our service was excellent. Food was good but not outstanding, the shrimp cocktail was a little bland but my steak was done perfectly which doesn't happen often. Unique beer offerings, and good sized wine list. I love having a city-quality restaurant in the suburbs and easy to get to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak north of BostonTomLDined on 3/8/2014Ordered the bone-in Ribeye. Was fantastic. Wife ordered the filet. She was very happy. Sides were great. Good selection of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOON TO BE A REGULAR...STANDined on 3/8/2014WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A GREAT STEAKHOUSE LOCALLY SO WE WOULD NOT HAVE TO INCLUDE THE TRIP IN AND OUT OF BOSTON INTO THE EVENING...AND WE FOUND ONE. TERESA'S PRIME WAS WONDERFUL FROM ENTRANCE TO EXIT. THE STAFF IS WARM AND ATTENTIVE, THE STEAKS ARE AN EXCELLENT GRADE OF MEAT AND THE UNIQUE EXTRA IS THAT THE TWO SIDES THAT YOU CHOOSE ARE PLACED ALONGSIDE YOUR ENTREE ...KEEPING THE TABLE CLEAR OF EXTRA DISHES AND PROVIDING JUST ENOUGH TO COMPLETE THE STEAK. GREAT DRINKS AND EXTENSIVE WINE LIST AS WOULD BE EXPECTED IN AN UPSCALE STEAKHOUSE. WE PLAN TO MAKE RETURNS TO TERESA'S A REGULAR NIGHT OUT TO LOOK FORWARD TOSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good but had service issuesMuddyWatersVIPDined on 3/8/2014We sat down for dinner but no one seemed to know who our server was. After a long wait, a waiter just came over and said "I'm not sure who your server is but I'll help you.." He was friendly enough but not very good. He brought the wrong wine (which took forever..) and when the food finally came, they forgot who's was who's. That's not a big deal but all the little things add up over the course of the night. We ordered some dessert to take home and they messed up the carry-out bag. (Given the night, we probably should have checked but just assumed we'd received the right stuff..) The food was very good - not outstanding, given the price tag - but the service was really lacking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was extremely attentivePatMDined on 3/8/2014Waiter was extremely attentive when we first arrived. Our res were for 6, so at that hour it wasn't crowded - YET. As the night went on by 7:30=8:00 we couldn't even find him to get coffee, and later had to wait for the check as well. Think that they need a bigger waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- handsom bobhandsomebobDined on 3/4/2014I and my party had a wonderful time. No other words needed . thank you againSpecial Features:
- Wonderful spot close to home.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2014We have been to Teresa's prime twice, both times have been wonderful. It is so nice to have this restaurant in the local area.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant with greatGraceDined on 3/1/2014Fabulous restaurant with great food and service!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good, needs improvingSteveDined on 3/1/2014The steaks are top notch, no issues at all with the protein, and setting themselves aside from other Boston steakhouses you get to choose two sides to pair with your entree instead of having to buy them a la carte. I don't want to knock the sides that much as they were included in the price of the steaks, but if we had had to pay for them separately we would have been largely unhappy and some would have been sent back. Service was also a miss. In charging steakhouse prices and serving steakhouse-grade meats, service was no better than what you'd get at Chili's or any other casual chain. Teresa's Prime is still fairly new so hopefully the service gets ironed out, I feel like the staff just needs be more focused and run around a lot less.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous Service and AtmosphereMarktDined on 2/22/2014Our server Matt was extremely good and took great care of us. He was there when you needed him and ready to answer any and all questions we had concerning the menu. The décor and atmosphere was very nice and upscale making the environment very enjoyable. The owner (Nick) was walking the floor making sure everyone was happy and made my family and I feel at home. Over all a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional dinnerJeffDined on 2/14/2014This was our first time at the restaurant and we live in NH. The restaurant is set nicely near a golf course and has a neighborhood feel to it. The noise level was actually less than moderate and perfect for a night out or romantic evening. The food was excellent, well above most nicer restaurants. From cocktail to appetizer to desert there was nothing short of great. In addition, their wine list had much in common with my wine cellar. To top it off, the owner came around twice to see how our experience was. There are few restaurants of this caliber that create such an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cook needs a meat thermometerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Wanted steak cooked medium rare, came out blue. Wife wanted medium came out rare. Knew a couple of other couples at the restaurant and they had the same problem. Very good quality of food and meat, just need to invest in a thermometerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedMuddyWatersVIPDined on 2/14/2014There are 2 Theresa's, one in Middleton and this one, called Theresa's Prime in North Reading, was very nice. Food was good, as was the service. We'll go back, especially since it's near where we live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaks, very quickMiddletonJoeDined on 2/8/2014Excellent steaks, very quick service. French onion soup excellent. Side dishes were good-- but not as good as the other items. Atmosphere is very good. Wait staff was quick and attentive. This was our first visit, but we definitely plan to be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a neighborhood bestannrayVIPDined on 2/7/2014so pleased to have such a nice dining spot so close to homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in North Reading!!AbbeSDined on 2/6/2014We came to Theresa's Prime on the recommendation of a friend. We had eaten at Theresa's Italian and wasn't all that impressed with the ambiance. We we were very pleasantly surprised. The ambiance was great, it was a Thursday night so it might have been quieter than on a weekend. Our steaks and the halibut were perfectly prepared. The service was fantastic and we were given a complementary creme brulet because we couldn't decide and thought we were too full. We are very excited to have such a nice restaurant just 4 miles from home. The only negative would be the spinach salad, the dressing could have been tastier. All in all it was a fantastic experience and we will be back and will tell our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the capital grilleAllieDined on 2/1/2014The ambience was great loved the booth and the bar. Food was good but my sea bass was cooked to death and had to request something else because the ran out of sea bass. Loved my fondue app and drinks. Service was fair, needs improvement to compare to other high end steakhouses. Water glasses empty and taking plates and drinks while still have food and using. Felt the wait staff could tell you more about the menu and drinks. It was okay experience for suburb restaurant, would go back to sit at the bar.
- OutstandingKittyDined on 2/1/2014The food, service and atmosphere was outstanding on Saturday night. We both had the filet mignon and it was incredible. The service was impeccable - waiter was knowledgeable, fun and made the experience worth wanting to go back. It was an incredible dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine addition to the burbsb52bosDined on 2/1/2014We now have some very fine places here in the wilderness. Teresa's Prime is a first rate steak house with some well prepeard steaks in a variety of cuts, including my favorite hanger steak. The service was impecable. Our waitress was attentive but not hovering. the steaks were prepared just as ordered. One of upir party had scallops which were just as good. a good selection of sides and an extensive and broad selection of wines and beers. We split an appetizer which was also a nicely done combination of tastes.Special Features:
- DisappointingFoodie2Dined on 1/25/2014Went with two other couples for dinner. We put our order in for drinks. It took quite a while to get them, and when we did, three out of the six drinks were wrong. Sliced figs were missing from the spinach salad which were listed as an ingredient. Two of us ordered baked potatoes with our dinner. His came with a tray including butter, sour cream, bacon, cheeses and scallions. Mine came with nothing. We were never asked if we wanted anything on our potatoes, so we both thought it was strange when he got all the goodies on the tray. Our steaks were delicious; prices were high. We had to try to get the servers' attention for more water, drinks, etc. If you are charging these prices, your wait staff should be trained better.
- great dining expirencejakegDined on 1/18/2014went there with my wife on a Saturday night (should have reservations). found the wait staff very experienced. they allow you any combinations of appetizers for the main meal - very good wine selection will certainly returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service.MiamiDined on 1/18/2014Outstanding food and service. Owner came by to check on our dinner. Free valet parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisetommyDined on 1/11/2014a very nice,quality evening of fine food found in the berbsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Burrata! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/10/2014Outstanding Burrata! Great steak, great service... Thanks L.A.!Special Features:
- night outhandsomebobDined on 1/6/2014I and my birthday quest had a great night. Server was excellent as was the food and table location. I returned back there two Weeks later for my own birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good overall but pricychunkyDined on 1/4/2014Went with another couple, place was crowded and seemed understaffed. For the money we expected faster service. Waited a long time for drinks on every round. Glasses were empty for 10-15 minutes before waitress noticed, then took another 10 minutes to be made. Waitress was pleasant but too busy to provide service at the proper level. Meal was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularFranDined on 12/31/2013Food was marvelous, service fantastic.....Warm and inviting atmosphere. A real GEM!!!!Special Features:
- ann & ray writeannrayVIPDined on 12/28/2013we love going to Teresa's Prime for many reasons: 1. the food -- excellent 2. the service - Outstanding 3. the atmosphere - just right 4. the management and staff: cordial, friendly, and attentive 5 NICK YEBBA: A true professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2013Wow for a new resteraunt this place already Has it down. The service and food were amazing. I did not expect this dining experience to be so Wonderful. Everyone should try this new gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ray and ann regularsannrayVIPDined on 12/20/2013so pleased that teresa's prime is open --- a great local up-scale dining atmosphere. No need to drive to BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeKappyDined on 12/14/2013Have been to Teresa's in Middleton numerous times and enjoyed the food and service there each time. I was concerned about the pricing that was advertised re; this restuarant . That was based on all the advertising " upscale " restaurant . I was very pleased at the prices and have to tell you the food and service were outstanding . Would not hesitate to return the the restuarant again.Special Features:
- Elegant sophisticationmimiof5Dined on 12/14/2013You can't help but first notice the elegance inside and out. The decor is beautiful. The service was fantastic. Our waiter knew the menu. I loved the fact that it was not al a carte each meal came with choice of two sides. My filet was cooked perfectly. The price was where I would expect for such a nice restaurant. Not too expensive. $ 132. For two with appetizers, drinks and entrees. We will definitely be returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableCARLPATDined on 12/8/2013Had a relaxing night with my son and daughter-in-law at Teresa's Prime. The food was excellent..Special Features:
- a welcome additionannrayVIPDined on 12/6/2013we are so pleased to have a fine dining experience nearby to where we live. it's too bad that people don't know how to dress when dining at such a nice venue men in shorts and women in jeans just doesn't get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.