872 Happy Canyon Rd
Castle Rock, CO 80108Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thesocialcastlepines.com/
- Phone: 3035249788x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining area is located adjacent to our restaurant. Please call Elizabeth to book your private event. Depending on your specific needs, we deliver customized menus complete with tailored wine pairings and outstanding service designed to compliment your special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Ogea 3039995772x
- Entertainment: Our location in the beautiful Village of Castle Pines boasts a serene natural backdrop, complete with bountiful green space, shady trees, and even a waterfall! This lush landscape delivers the perfect setting to host outdoor music events and wine tastings. Cozy up for a romantic evening on our alluring patio, or bring the family and indulge in the beauty and unique dining experience that The Social has to offer.
A word from The Social
The Social is Castle Pines’ newest restaurant. Our focus is on creating remarkable globally inspired dishes utilizing socially responsible sourced products. At The Social you will find a rotating seasonally inspired menu that captures the bounty of every season. Join us for Dinner Monday-Saturday, or on the weekends for Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Social reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)great for outdoor dining (15)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)romantic (4)scenic view (4)good for groups (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Food excellent, service needs workNewcomerDined on 4/18/2014Wonderful food. Service needs improvement. Food delivered to table incorrectly three times. Out of two bottle of wine we ordered. No towels in bathroom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at the SocialColoradoOpenTableUserDined on 4/12/2014Teh chef does a great job with the menu and Mel our server was great. As the days warm up the patio is going to be the best spot in the south metro to enjoy a bottle (or two) of wine with friends and family!Special Features:
- Consistently Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2014We've dined frequently at The Social. We find the food to be consistently good. Most recently, we had two very well made cocktails (a Manhattan and a Margarita). I started with a green salad with some root vegetables. It was nothing fancy but it was good. My entree was the Luxe Mac 'n Cheese which was quite good. My wife had a petite filet with brussell sprouts on the side which she was very happy with. Management is working very hard to improve the service challenges they've had in the past. We think the Social is worth trying and we hope that it has a long presence in Castle Pines.Special Features:
- Excellent Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2014While this is not an all-you-can-eat brunch buffet, both men in our party seemed completely satisfied. One got the steak and eggs and the other the Denver omelette. The food was well prepared, the tricolor potatoes were excellent, and the mimosas very good. Great for a lazy Sunday morning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- organic and local foodluvtoeatwellDined on 3/29/2014What a great place to eat. We had dinner there many times since it opened. Always great food and service. I love that they serve organic and local food!!! Great atmosphere and beautiful outside seating too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking DetailsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/28/2014The Social wants to be an upscale restaurant, but lacks the details to make it a great experience.
- No ComplaintsGrampyJoeDined on 3/26/2014A chicken breast, mashed potatoes, brussell sprouts and pasta with shrimp make a plain but good meal . When followed up with an unusual dessert - crepes with mascarpone - it makes a good meal a satisfying experience. We continue to enjoy this neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went there for brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/23/2014We went there for brunch. Large, but cozy atmosphere. Food was delicious and service was friendly. Try the perfectly made Chilaquiles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014We had a delightful meal. Good food and service. It was our 3rd visit and look forward to returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good if you're a localFoodCriticVIPDined on 3/22/2014The best thing about The Social is the room and the surrounding development - very attractive and interesting. Food is ok - not bad- just not very good. Service was ok also - they try hard but they really don't know much about food, wine, etc. But kudos for the effort. If you're a local it's worth going to but I wouldn't make this a destination spot.
- Great Sunday BrunchFoodyVIPDined on 3/16/2014My husband and I brought a couple from California- food snobs. They were pleasantly surprised with the quality and tastiness of our meal. Will try The Social again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good StartGrampyJoeDined on 3/13/2014New faces in an old space, different food, into which we were welcomed and served promptly. Busy and noisy but a good indoor-outdoor vibe. The salad was fresh and the steaks well prepared. My wife had the filet with mashed potatoes and was pleased. I had the special, also a steak which was cooked as I had requested and came with a port reduction sauce, making a change from the usual. We shared a blondie with caramel ice cream for dessert which was enough for two. A good start - we will be back to try more adventuresome food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took a chance as past experiencemikedVIPDined on 2/21/2014Took a chance as past experience at the restaurant at this location under a different name was a worst ever experience. However, we were pleasantly surprised that everything had changed. It's been a long time since I had a meal this well prepared in the area. Everything was fresh and every course from the appetizer, to the salad, to the two entrees, and finally dessert was interesting and delicious. The service was very attentive and friendly. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValentinesFooodyDined on 2/14/2014Went there for valentines evening! Happy they didn't have a set menu. Enjoyed the food! Had the mussels and they were fabulous! Steak lettuce wraps were great , husband liked his pear salad and salmon and son liked his filet. All cooked beautifully! We will be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic food at a reasonableLarkfoodieVIPDined on 2/14/2014Fantastic food at a reasonable price. Sliders and musssels outstanding. No need to travel downtown for exceptional, creative food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/21/2014Although the food was good at The Social, the poor service really took away from the experience. We arrived early evening, and the restaurant was nearly empty. We sat at the bar to have a drink, and it took the bartender nearly 10 minutes to finally acknowledge us sitting right in front of him and then to assist us. Once seated at our table, our waiter couldn't tell us what the soup of the day was, and was completely uninformed about the menu. In order for this restaurant to succeed, much more attention needs to be paid to the caliber of the wait staff and the service expectations overall.
- Great presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2014Our 2nd time was a delicious as the first. Everything was delicious and the server and staff were fun and attentive. The food presentation is always nice, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go backWinoVIPDined on 1/11/2014Has the makings of a great place, just needs to perfect the delivery. Food was good, not everything served hot, but had great flavor and preparation was good. Seemed to be a mix up in who our server was, once Erin realized this, she was very attentive and provided great service. Miles, the owner, came by to greet us and seemed genuinely receptive of feedback and invited us to come again which we will do. Mussels were excellent, we don't like coconut, so they prepared in lemon, garlic, wine and they were some of the best we've had. Beef ribs were very tender and delicious. scallops preparation was unique with crispy quinoa and butternut squash and were fabulous! All in all, food was excellent and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurnat in Castle PineDeeeVIPDined on 1/10/2014The Social has great food! It is new in the area and does not have many customers yet. The decor is modern and the atmosphere is friendly. Support your local restaurant. Stop by and try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local placeBillRDined on 1/3/2014Very good food, good service, a nice menu selection and reasonable prices make this a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Service is annoyingkerriVIPDined on 12/31/2013While we love the location and food -- continue to go at least 2-3 times a month -- the service is spotty. We get waiters who talk too much and don't know how to open wine bottles or pour enough for a taster. The service does not match the level of food or price paid to go to The SocialSpecial Features:
- Should have read more about itfoodmeupscottieDined on 12/28/2013Food was just ok, pasta maker was broken....? Real issue was the service. Took way too long to get drinks and food and the place was pretty empty. Then the bill came and everything was doubled. It was corrected, but if a drink order hadn't been screwed up I probably would have just handed over my card without looking like usual and would have been screwed. The waiter's response was, "Oh, that has happened a few tinmes lately." Concerning.
- The restaurant is still findingCPdinerVIPDined on 12/20/2013The restaurant is still finding itself, trying to mix a Small Plates concept with some entree-size portions. Food was slow coming out on the busy night we visited. We're hoping this becomes a neighborhood gem!I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy to have this GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/20/2013So happy to have this Gem close to home! Great food!Special Features:
- worth going!wateringDined on 12/20/2013This place has a variety of small plates and entrees. We just happened to come during happy hour where there small plates were very reasonable and a variety can be ordered for the group! The deviled eggs (with goat cheese!) are delicious. It's a fun atmosphere with very good, unique and well prepared food. We will be going back!Special Features:
- SocializeBart09Dined on 12/14/2013Good beer menu. Not the typical menu. Would recommend the steak wrap for something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You should try it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/14/2013I took my team out for a holiday celebration. The table was beautiful, the service was great and the food was incredible. The chef even made some beautiful and delicious handmade candies for our table. Everyone including Miles, the owner, made the night special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/13/2013Having been told by numerous friends that The Social was great.. I brought my "foodie" out of town friend for dinner. Everything was outstanding. From the apps to desert.. top shelf. Service was only average.. but nothing to take from the quality of the meal. I understand they started as an entirely small plates menu but I was glad to see a move to half small plates and half full meal options. I will be back soon.Special Features:
- The omelet and potatoes wereLorieDined on 12/1/2013The omelet and potatoes were a bit salty, the portions were a bit small. The blood Mary was very good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!5kdsDined on 11/30/2013Took a group of left over Thanksgiving guests who couldn't eat another bite of leftovers, and we had a marvelous dinner. Our server Erin was wonderful and managed all 9 of us with ease and patience. The specialty french fries and fried brussel sprouts were awesome to start the evening with, and we all enjoyed our meals. I know the pasta with Wild Boar ragu was a big hit, as were the steak roll ups with jalapeno. Always glad to show off this unique restaurant to friends!Special Features:
- The food was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/29/2013We have eaten at the Social several times and always enjoy our meal. The menu is regularly updated with more great items! Truly one of the best restaurants in the area! Strongly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fourth visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2013This is our fourth visit to The Social. Not a lot of choices here in C.R. and this is becoming one of our favorites. They are adding a few new dishes every couple of weeks. Good idea since we seem to always order our favorites and the new ones are appealing. This is a "Small" plate menu although they have added a few steaks on there for those who like the idea of a full meal. We usually order four of five small plates and works well for a whole meal. Don't leave out the desserts. Excellent and well priced.Special Features:
- DissapointedPickyVIPDined on 11/23/2013Heard the Social that was good for veggies, gluten free people and used natural foods. The food may have been natural but nothing else to recommend. Food was ok, servicer was nice but had to ask kitchen several times about the food and was clearly over extended. Waited on tables at all ends of the place. Very short staffed. Asked not to be seated next to a cold window but hostess said we could not have a different table. A minute later took us to another table saying the next party for that table was not for 2 hours. Ugh? Speciafically told them what I could not eat but was served it anyway even after speaking to Chef. Chef seemed not happy to be bothered. Not one veggie entre. So much for being veggie freindly.
- Great restaurant but POOR serviceSandyDined on 11/17/2013I like the concept of this restaurant and the ambiance but the service is very poor. I have eaten there four times and have never had good service. I have also experienced problems with my order.Special Features:
- mussels -- very tastykerriVIPDined on 10/25/2013service is getting better -- this is our 5th time in and appreciate the more high end feel to the serversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went with two other couples.LouisaDined on 10/22/2013We went with two other couples. None had been there. Three had poor quality food. Three good. The experience really depended on what you ordered.
- Delightful!DegersuzVIPDined on 10/19/2013My husband and I had dinner at this new restaurant (6 months old) on Saturday night and what a delightful surprise! It's just great! The food is very eclectic and delicious! The ambience is new and vibrant! The owner came over a couple of times just to chat and find out how we liked the place! Really great place to go! I would recommend it to my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Castle Rock GemLike2eatDined on 10/19/2013We were delighted to discover a new restaurant in Castle Rock (Castle Pines) and a really good one! It is a bit of a drive if you live outside Caste Rock as we do to drive to Denver for some good food. We have been to the Social several times for dinner and once for brunch and have not been disappointed. Great food, fresh and beautifully presented. The chef and staff are all very friendly and happy to accommodate you in any way. We will be back many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After several attempts atCPdinerVIPDined on 10/18/2013After several attempts at turning this dining spot into a successful restaurant, I think they finally got it right! The inside has been modernized, although there are hints of the old remaining. The wait staff has been greatly improved. But, most importantly, the menu and food quality are the new stars at this place! Work your way through small plates or move on to an entree. Finish with a great dessert. Seasonal ingredients are featured. We'll go back!Special Features: