Southerly Restaurant and Patio
730 Coleman Blvd
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Southerly Restaurant and Patio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.southernseason.com/restaurant/charleston/
- Phone: 8434163965x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs: Sun: 5pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chad Billings
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer off-site catering through our Southern Season Deli and Prepared Foods department. Visit www.southernseason.com and click on catering for information.
- Private Party Facilities: Fully private dining room can accommodate up to 80. Patio bar that is directly adjacent to private dining room can be privatized and dedicated solely to the private dining area to accommodate up to 125 persons and live music.
Visit www.southernseason.com for full details.
- Private Party Contact: Micka Robinson 843-416-3967x
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday evenings 6-9, and Sundays during brunch 11-2.
- Special Events: Private Dining Room available for special events. Call our special events staff to inquire about hosting your next event at Southerly. 416-3967 or visit www.southernseason.com for full details.
A word from Southerly Restaurant and Patio
Southerly Restaurant and Patio at Southern Season provides fine-dining-quality food with the cost and accessibility of a neighborhood eatery. Boasting multiple seating options, patrons can grab a drink at the bar, converse over dinner in the main dining room, reserve private seating or relax under a cool sea breeze on the expansive outdoor patio. Operating with staunch dedication to use produce and products native to the area, our restaurants bring forth charming, delicious cuisine without fail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Southerly Restaurant and Patio - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Southerly Restaurant and Patio reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (72)neighborhood gem (64)great for brunch (57)good for groups (53)fit for foodies (49)great for lunch (40)special occasion (36)kid-friendly (29)romantic (17)notable wine list (10)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- great findchickslovechocolateDined on 4/19/2014We ate there on a Saturday am and had the $5 pancake special. The pancakes were huge and delicious! We had to ask our server what the pancake of the week was but otherwise the service was great. We enjoyed ourselves and then headed next door to shop in the guormet market. Both experiences were great and we will be back! A great place to eat and shop!Special Features:
- Restaurant is a gemHep7Dined on 4/15/2014This restaurant -- though in a non-descript strip mall location -- was a great find. Really enjoyed our dinner. Food and service were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Surprisingly Good MealMorganDined on 4/13/2014My wife and I were pleasantly surprised at how good our meals were at this shopping center restaurant. PJ (I think that was his name) advised and serviced us well. Very informative and the meals he recommended did not disappoint. As a matter of fact we came back for breakfast the morning after and were equally pleased with our meals and our waiter (Kyle) was friendly and attentive to our needs. We highly recommend this restaurant. Also visit the gourmet grocery store adjacent to the restaurtant. Surprising amount of quality and hard to find items. Be sure to try the short rib & mac & cheese as well as the mussels and butternut squash soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Surprise!SundayFundayVIPDined on 4/13/2014We had not gone to Southerly as prior reviews I'd seen were middle of the road. This was by far the best brunch we've had in the past year in Charleston. Very nice ambience on the back patio with live music. Among our favorites were the pimiento cheese fritters, the sticky buns, deviled eggs and crab cake appetizers. Entrees were all great as well! This is definitely our new Mt. Pleasant brunch of choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southerly RestaurantpwosterVIPDined on 4/12/2014The food was good with a southern flair; nice, new dining area; good wine list, accommodating for a large group. It is located in a strip mall, so a bit hard to find, but worth the hunt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveBRohrDined on 4/12/2014Our group of eight was in the mood to try something different so we took a chance on the Southerly and it was well worth the drive over the bridge. The menue is not large, but what they offer is unique without being too far out there. Great twists on some familiar dishes turned out to be outstanding. WHent he group is talking about how good the meal was the next day, That is a good sign.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun dinner 3 couplesLynneVIPDined on 4/11/2014We had a great meal at Southerly's, good food. This is our 3rd time at this restaurant, we enjoy eating in Mt. Pleasant, and not having to pay the steep parking fees downtown. So, we will be back.Special Features:
- My dinner.DickDined on 4/11/2014We enjoyed the meal. Good service. Sorry it had so few patrons. We are afraid it won't make it. It is a fine restaurant in an area full of mostly seafood restaurants near a city full of fine restaurants. We are pulling for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining experienceVinasdottirDined on 4/11/2014The decor is modern and clean; our waiter was obviously new but eager to please. The menu is Southern and the chicken and biscuits was excellent and so was the Caesar salad my husband and I shared. He had the salmon and we split a creme brulee for dessert. The meal was heavy fare but delicious. I wish there had been a greater selection of menu choices and healthy items. Our dinner with each of us having a glass of house wine and coffee was under $90 including tip so it was a fine, relaxed meal. We would go there again.Special Features:
- Great Family get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Family assembled from around the state for dinner. Easy reservations even though we had more than the Open Table allowed the folks at the restaurant were very helpful. Food was great. I would go back. Took good care of the children that were with us.Special Features:
- Brunch++FooddudeDined on 4/6/2014We have been to The Southerly now, 4-5 times, and have been impressed each time. The food is always very consistent and great. This was our first trip for brunch and we will be back. It may be my favorite brunch menu in Mount Pleasant. Kids had flavored waffles, I had Chicken & Waffles, and wife had French Toast. Chicken is brined overnight and incredible. All of it was great. Service was quick and very knowledgeable. Loved all of it and we will be back.Special Features:
- Not what I had hoped fordognannyDined on 4/6/2014I went to Sunday brunch with a friend and would recommend making a reservation. Long line waiting to be seated. Service was lacking, had to ask for drink refill, food guy passed our table, had to call to him, no follow up service. Food was palatable, but not amazing. I had Chicken/Waffles, for a "southern establishment" the fried chicken was bland, needed ANY seasoning and when you cut into the chicken, the breading fall off the chicken. The pecan butter was excellent, but for an entire waffle, needed more. My friend ordered Southern Eggs Benedict, crab cake, fried green tomato w/ benedict. I tasted and it was a salt lick, salt was too overpowering. The grits need help, need seasoning. Noise level is horrible.
- Great food, ok serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2014My family and I went for breakfast to celebrate my father's birthday. We had 6 adults & 2 small children in our party. We had a 9:30 reservation & were seated promptly before the rush. The server was training a new server which is no problem, I didn't think this would affect our service. But something certainly did, because it took a good while to get our drink orders & even longer to get our orders for brunch. But we had our orders in by about 9:45. At 10:20 our food still wasn't out, they forgot our appetizer of fried green tomatoes & we had to remind them. Food came out shortly after & everyone enjoyed their dishes. I chose the Lowcountry Benedict, it was excellent. Great food, service needs work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014We had guests in town from Charlotte for the Bridge Run and brought them here for dinner Saturday night. We live in the neighborhood and were able to walk to dinner, which is so wonderful. The staff and chef accommodated our food allergies and aversions with a splendid meal for everyone. Food was amazing! We have and will continue to come here often.Special Features:
- So good!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2014Went with a large group for brunch. Really great food a service. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food. . . . . . . . . .Luv2eatVIPDined on 3/31/2014Enjoyable meal at Southerly. Very good food served professionally. We will be back.Special Features:
- good but could be betterTennisGirlVIPDined on 3/29/2014Don't get me wrong - menu and food was really good - but service was not great. I did hear the kitchen was very backed up and I heard another waiter apologize repeatedly to his table, but ours didn't to us. Also took forever to get change back from our payment of the tab. That being said, I would return for sure - and I would definitely make a reservation again, this place is crazy crowded on a Sat. morning. The pimiento cheese fritters are a must-have! Would love to try lunch here sometime.Special Features:
- Very nicedinnerpostmoveDined on 3/22/2014This was a very nice, laid-back restaurant. The service was phenomenal and the live music was perfect (volume level and type of music).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will give it one more chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014The noise level was oppressive and diminished our dining experience. The food was not as good as normal, was very slow in coming, including our appetizers, no tea was made and we waited 20 minutes for water and tea to be served, and the restaurant seemed understaffed. Otherwise, we love the location, and it is great for a Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- consistentBillVIPDined on 3/14/2014I have dined at Southerly several times and the food is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour drinks and foodme2okDined on 3/14/2014Happy hour drinks and food great value and great taste.Special Features:
- Good findLuv2eatVIPDined on 3/11/2014Took a party of 6 and we all commented how good all the food was. The night we went there was 1/2 price wine which was an added bonus. We will be back. The outdoor seating, which we did not avail ourselves to looked wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty badOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/9/2014Not great, very disappointing. Went for Brunch, definitely will not go back
- Great food!MaryDined on 3/7/2014Apps were amazing! The portion sizes of the entrees were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/3/2014I thought this place would have subpar food. The food was really great. I had a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch that was amazing.Special Features:
- GREAT food/incredible service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2014Found this on opentable and it had good reviews so we decided to try it. Partly due to a review about plenty of parking and that is always an issue in Charleston. Glad we did! Great great food - ton of choices for infants up to picky adults. Wonderful service. Super accommodating. Great various specials on different days/nights. The store associated next door was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group DininggatorgalDined on 2/27/2014Our group of 10 had a wonderful lunch at Southerly. We ate in a separate room away from any noise. The staff was prompt and really lovely to us - every accommodating. An enjoyable afternoonSpecial Features:
- Consistent and great serviceChrisDined on 2/23/2014Highly recommend for brunch! Great for kids and adults!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch for groupLWL12Dined on 2/19/2014First time using Open Table and the booking went smoothly. Had a group of 11 women. The waiter was very accommodating and available. Everyone was happy with their food, and it was delivered in a timely manner. Even with this size group we were given individual bills which is very helpful. Moderate prices. Would definitely return and would like to try their brunch.Special Features:
- Good food, nice wine selection.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Good food, nice wine selection. Wait staff could be more informed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day OutingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014This is the second time we've had dinner at Southerly and both times have been very pleasing. We were seated promptly by a hostess who was very cordial. Our server was upbeat, polite and attentive and did a good job keeping the pace of the meal relaxed. As the evening progressed the restaurant got busier and you could see the wait staff zipping around. We appreciated that the restaurant was prepared of peak times when a second person presented 2 courses without a hitch. We chose a seafood and weren't disappointed. All the courses were served at a good temperature without over cooking and the were plated attractively. The end of our meal was capped with a rose for my wife and a small heart shaped box with 2 choclate truffles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayHappyVIPDined on 2/14/2014A romantic evening at Southerly with a great pre-fixe menu with a few choices for each course. Timing was perfect and did not feel rushed. The celloist and violinist were fantastic and set the mood. Rose to all the ladies and a small box of chocolate was a nice surprise at the end. The food was wonderful. Carpaccio, risotto, and grouper all tasted great, my husband enjoyed the pork. The only thing I would have preferred was more than one choice for dessert. The chocolate cake/tort was too rich for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no need to go downtownJennifermDined on 2/14/2014Want to have a wonderful, romantic evening and avoid the downtown Charleston crowd and parking garages? We went to Southerly Restaurant for my birthday, which also happens to be Valentines Day, so every year planning dinner out is an exercise in futility. Southerly planned a wonderful Valentines menu with wine pairings, which, to our untrained pallet we thought were fabulous compliments to each course. After dinner, neither of us wanted to leave, so we walked into the bar to have one more drink, but there were no seats available. Both my husband and I had a wonderful dinner and look forward to coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valentine's menuPoogansDined on 2/14/2014We had the wine pairing meal, excellent choices throughout. Knowledgable staff. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- ExcellentBGBudanDined on 2/3/2014Delicious dinner, not your typical menu selections. Several dishes that sounding tempting, Sure to return to try them! Lovely presentation, and excellent opportunity to try out new wines. Our selection was pricey but with the half-price special offered on Mondays, allowed us great value, we now have a new all-time favorite California Cabernet .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a lovely dining experienceSusiDined on 2/3/2014Was a lovely dining experience, as we have found previous visits to Southerly and a Southern Season. Servers and host/hostesses present but not overly in our faces. Will certainly recommend and return to this pretty spot. A welcome addition to Mt pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch, brunch - anytime!these3remainVIPDined on 2/2/2014The Southerly serves up creative, delicious and varied choices in a setting that is bright, conducive for conversation and aesthetically pleasing - basically, everything that you want in a restaurant! There are healthy choices as well as , er, hearty choices and there is normally a "special" that is always a great choice. Staff is friendly, attentive and polite. Kyle is a charming,"can-do" manager and the hostess station is a joy. I'll be returning as often as possible. My only concern is that everyone else loves it, too!Special Features:
- Beautiful surroundingsJaneo30Dined on 2/1/2014The restaurant is very beautiful, with very nice furnishings. The bar was pretty full, but I am always put off when a bartender asks me "what would you like to drink" when I haven't been offered any information on the restaurant, drink specials, wine list to look over etc., We were sat at our table, and the server told us the specials. I think it was obvious he had never been able to taste them, as it was very robotic. Hard to sell a special if you cannot describe it from experience. The food was ok. Well presented. The men LOVED their steak. The music was very bland and boring, more of an elevator type music. I hope the restaurant gets a little busier, as I think that will change the whole ambiance. I would try here again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm atmosphere, delicious foodMtPdinersDined on 1/26/2014Our server was attentive and knowledgeable. Three of our party had brunch offerings. Everyone loved their food. The entrance/exit to the server area was too close to the nearest booth, and we observed several near misses among staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time still go as the 1st timeMikeDined on 1/25/2014Overall give this restaurant a shot, She is just waiting to serve you a very nice diner.Special Features: