Southerly Restaurant and Patio
730 Coleman Blvd
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Southerly Restaurant and Patio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.southernseason.com/restaurant/charleston/
- Phone: 8434163965x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs: Sun: 5pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chad Billings
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer off-site catering through our Southern Season Deli and Prepared Foods department. Visit www.southernseason.com and click on catering for information.
- Private Party Facilities: Fully private dining room can accommodate up to 80. Patio bar that is directly adjacent to private dining room can be privatized and dedicated solely to the private dining area to accommodate up to 125 persons and live music.
Visit www.southernseason.com for full details.
- Private Party Contact: Micka Robinson 843-416-3967x
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday evenings 6-9, and Sundays during brunch 11-2.
- Special Events: Private Dining Room available for special events. Call our special events staff to inquire about hosting your next event at Southerly. 416-3967 or visit www.southernseason.com for full details.
A word from Southerly Restaurant and Patio
Southerly Restaurant and Patio at Southern Season provides fine-dining-quality food with the cost and accessibility of a neighborhood eatery. Boasting multiple seating options, patrons can grab a drink at the bar, converse over dinner in the main dining room, reserve private seating or relax under a cool sea breeze on the expansive outdoor patio. Operating with staunch dedication to use produce and products native to the area, our restaurants bring forth charming, delicious cuisine without fail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Southerly Restaurant and Patio - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Southerly Restaurant and Patio reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (66)neighborhood gem (62)great for brunch (54)good for groups (53)fit for foodies (46)great for lunch (39)special occasion (34)kid-friendly (27)romantic (15)notable wine list (10)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- A great place for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014A friend and I went to Southerly Restaurant for brunch several days ago. At out request, we were seated on the patio which is a really pleasant place. Although Coleman Boulevard is not far away, you wouldn't know it because of the high walls surrounding the patio. The feeling is that of a quiet spot. It is decorated nicely and is a good place for brunch or a leisurely lunch or dinner. The food was quite good, and the service, too. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- Lovely BrunchIslandgirlDined on 6/8/2014We had an early morning Sunday brunch. Delicious food and a great waiter - never intrusive, but always on top of things. Because we at at 9 am (and stayed til 11), we missed the music. A lovely place to sit on the patio and have a great meal with friends.Special Features:
- DisappointingChasLocal44VIPDined on 6/7/2014After being seated, we waited five minutes before our server greeted us. The restaurant was NOT crowded. Our food was delivered by a runner. Our server passed our table without asking us if everything was okay. The food itself was mediocre at best. My husband said his chicken and waffles were bland. My eggs Benedict looked like they had been sitting awhile.
- Nice surpriseSarahDined on 6/6/2014Went with 5 friends not knowing what to expect and had a terrific meal. The menu looks spar at first glance, but with the specials, had a varied selection that fit every taste. I will recommend it and will go back.Special Features:
- Must go!RosieluvsitDined on 5/30/2014Great food, great ambience, and fantastic ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedHmb1Dined on 5/30/2014Menu is great and food was delicious!! We each tried different soups, salads and sandwiches and all were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUNCHgooziemomVIPDined on 5/29/2014Great Cobb Salad, large portions, and always friendly, excellent service.Special Features:
- The following 146 reviews are from the Southerly Restaurant and Patio reviews archive.
- JenSVIPDined on 5/26/2014Our service was terrible. We had to ask our waiter for plates, bread, silverware and a steak knife. I would not return to Southerly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchScout63Dined on 5/25/2014My son and I enjoyed a very tasty brunch. The crab cakes Benedict were very tasty, the butternut squash soup an instant favorite . The egg salad sandwich could use a bit of seasoning. Our only complaint was the extremely slow service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for Dinner or Brunch!mckelvie37Dined on 5/25/2014Had a wonderful Sunday Brunch there. Not only was the food fantastic but got to sit on the porch and listen to the music. Can't quite remember their name but the singer was fantastic! Very enjoyable way to spend a Sunday morning.Special Features:
- Excellent meal and serviceCynthiaDined on 5/24/2014The food was delicious and the service was great. We went there three times over the weekend because we liked it so much. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food is always constant with high standards. The decor is very pleasing and is backed by good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014We were on vacation and went to Open Table to find a great restaurant. We were not disappointed. Southerly's food was fabulous. The shrimp and grits were divine. Kari was our server and she was great! Perfect way to end our trip to Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming patio breakfastout2dineVIPDined on 5/24/2014Southerly's is a great place to relax and enjoy a gourmet breakfast. As tourists we really loved the outdoor patio dining as it had the real feel of being in the South. There is a large variety of breakfast items to chose and we wanted to try some Southern cooking. The low country benedict was delicious ordered with crab cake and green fried tomato. The hash served with it was a bit too heavy on the cheese instead of hash browns. The duck hash brunch was excellent if you're a hash lover. Our waiter gave us great service and was more than willing to converse with us when we asked about their cooking school on the premises. I would definitely suggest trying this restaurant for any meal.Special Features:
- Great DecordiningwzgoodDined on 5/23/2014The décor of this restaurant gives the appearance that the meal prices would be like that of restaurant in Soho New York. I was pleasantly surprised of the value of the meals for this lovely ambience and classy décor.Special Features:
- Definitely a Do-OverCarolDined on 5/23/2014I decided to go Southerly's for dinner just on a whim and made a same-day reservation. We were seated inside the restaurant which looks very dressy, and I thought maybe we should not have worn jeans. But then others came in dressed in jeans and shorts headed for the patio, so I didn't worry anymore. The staff was personable, knowledgeable, and very efficient. My husband and I made our meal of lots of little dishes instead of regular size entrees, and it was almost too much food. It was done right and fresh from the kitchen when it was served; no waiting under heat lamps. Had a jazz band on patio; husband said was too loud (only complaint entire time). My negative was coffee was old; pot sitting too long. Prices very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!!!Barnabus76VIPDined on 5/19/2014This was my first time there! I loved the food, the service, and the dining area outside. This is something that you need to do.Special Features:
- Not good at allfoodiefanaticDined on 5/19/2014We had breakfast reservations, arrived, no host at host station. My husband ordered two eggs over easy.The egg whites were raw, he sent them back. The hostess brought new eggs out and they were over medium, not what we ordered. I was done with my breakfast by now. Our waitress brought back the medium eggs and argued with my husband (a classic trained chef) how eggs are cooked.We told her over easy, egg whites cooked, yoke runny. She said she would get the manager. We went to the hostess station because the manager never came out, had to wait for another couple of minutes. The manager argued with my husband on how to cook eggs. The whole situation was handled wrong, the service, food and the manager just bad. We will not be going back.
- Dinner with girlssingleagainDined on 5/17/2014Excellent food and atmosphere. Fun place for friends and always take out of town guest. No place like it in Mt. Pleasant or Charleston.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Celebrated. Friend's birthday with great food, live music and great setting. We were there for several hours on a Friday night and never felt pushed to leave. Our server was great and all in all a super eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayChrisVIPDined on 5/13/2014Everything was just okay. Restaurant was not busy (Tuesday night) and service wasn't great; Food was slow coming out and was hit or miss.
- Always Delicious!FoodloverDined on 5/11/2014I have eaten at Southerly several times, and I always have a fantastic meal there. This time we took my grandparents there for dinner on Mother's Day, and everyone enjoyed it! We shared several appetizers, and then I had the Watermelon & Arugula salad followed by the Grilled Swordfish, which were specials. Both were excellent and very healthy portion sizes. Other notables that our guests ordered were the Crispy Flounder and the Steak with Homemade Gouda Tater-Tots. Christina was our server, and she was very attentive without being intrusive. My only complaint, which is very minor, would be that dirty plates were not removed before the next course was delivered, and this in turn crowded the table. Overall it was excellent as usual!Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchJASGreerDined on 5/11/2014It was a beautiful day so we opted to eat on their patio. Our group of six was seated promptly, and our waiter, Tripp, did a nice job. The brunch buffet was excellent. I look forward to having dinner there during a future trip to Mount Pleasant.Special Features:
- StuffedRich68Dined on 5/11/2014The food was great and plentiful for Mother's day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Great Mother's Day BrunchFroggyVIPDined on 5/11/2014Southern charm with great quality and quantity and food for all to enjoy! Old, young and even the difficult eaters.Special Features:
- mothers day brunchonehappymamaDined on 5/11/2014Very nice mothers day brunch....the patio and music made for a great setting, food was good, especially the salmon! Reasonably priced....our waiter was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was as loud as a cafeteriaChsNewbieDined on 5/11/2014Our Mother's Day brunch experience was disappointing in all aspects - the food was blah, the service was horrible and it felt like eating in a cafeteria. With so many other restaurants in Charleston, we won't be going back.
- Mothers day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Buffet was not enticing and lacking staples and more than overpriced at $29. Service was quite poor. I hope this was not representative of their normal product, but was very disappointing and will keep us away for awhile(locals).
- Mother's Day BrunchMitchDined on 5/11/2014My wife was here once before and said they have a wonderful brunch. She loves going out for Sunday Brunch, so that is what we do on Monther's Day. Southerly's served a beautiful price fixe Mother's Day Buffet Brunch. The items on the buffet were fresh and delicious. I especially enjoyed the Duck Confit hash with poached egg.Special Features:
- Great Brunch BuffetlabonnemereDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed Mother's day brunch here. The selection on the buffet was wonderful, and even the "kid-friendly" offerings were appealing to the adults. And the desserts! Wow! No one left unhappy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day Brunch!luv2travelDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant is highly underrated. We found the Mother's Day Brunch to be excellent! Food was top quality and selection was enormous. Would recommend this restaurant for it's specialty brunches. This was our first time and we have not experienced their regular menu but would imagine that the same care and quality would carry over to their everyday menu.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014The food and service were very good and the prices are reasonable. There was music played on the patio and it was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Outingsbh138Dined on 5/10/2014It is such a pleasant outing to be able to go shopping at Southern Seasons and then have a girly lunch right next door. The choice of three salad samples is a favorite with me and my friends. A lovely space and the food is very well thought out and delicious. Great addition to Mount Pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuntMillyDined on 5/8/2014Food was good, but not great. Service in early evening on patio was well-meaning(?), but not very knowledgeable . service from wine list was only fair. With seating on banquette, server did not even attempt to wipe away the leaves and outside debris that was present on the cushions. One side of the table could not see the trio playing at all, but looked into wall with empty tables and grouping of metal 6-8' tall outdoor heaters..( only two other tables occupied when we arrived) . What could have been a very pleasant outdoor setting lacked enough greenery, flowers, etc. to soften the modern building setting.. Fried green tomato appetizer with goat cheese was very tasty and different, as was pimiento cheese fritter with sweet spicy sauce.
- JohnVIPDined on 4/27/2014Fun place to go especially for brunch this time of yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new placeTigerfanVIPDined on 4/21/2014Tried this for a business dinner. Great food and good service. Entree choices and prices were reasonable, limited wine list and salads are over priced. It was very quiet but was a Monday night and only a few tables, probably quite an energetic place once more of the tables are filled. Give it a try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014The set brunch menu was great. The duck salad and hash were my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceRobertDined on 4/20/2014We enjoyed great service and a nice Brunch selection. Everything was very good.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperiencehankDined on 4/20/2014This restaurant should be given a lot of credit for their excellent menu and excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchkarenDined on 4/20/2014I had been wanted to try the restaurant after seeing the menu. They did not disappoint! The next day we were still talking about how good the food was for the Easter Buffet. Duck Hash with a poached Egg, Perfectly cooked leg of lamb,Shrimp & Grits, Fried Chicken many wonderful spring salads and the desserts. Could have used smaller slices so we could taste all of them. Red Velvet cake was soo light and one of the best i have had. Wish they would allow to go bags as I wanted to eat it all over again for dinner. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.