701 Piermont Avenue
Piermont, NY 10968Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pier701ny.com/
- Phone: 8458482550x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French American
- Executive Chef: Denis Whitton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cater At Our Place
From a small family gathering, your company’s holiday party, and even weddings, our two inside dining rooms, inside bar, and back deck are the perfect place to host your next event! We offer Lunch, Brunch & Dinner packages, both Buffet and ala Carte, as well as Open Bar and Hors d’Oeuvres packages.
Cater At Your Place
Pick Up, Delivery, and Full Set-ups are available for every occasion, as well as the option of service throughout your entire event.
- Entertainment: Live Music Every Friday & Saturday
A word from Pier 701
Pier 701 is a newly opened, riverfront restaurant with an eclectic French-American menu. We are open year round, and are proud to offer Piermont's biggest selection of seafood with the best views in town!Continued
Not hungry? Come join us for a drink at our tiki bar outside!
Not hungry? Come join us for a drink at our tiki bar outside!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench American
Pier 701 - Best Restaurants in Piermont ›
Pier 701 reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (135)scenic view (135)great for lunch (50)vibrant bar scene (47)good for groups (45)special occasion (45)neighborhood gem (41)great for brunch (37)romantic (33)hot spot (32)fit for foodies (23)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (15)notable wine list (7)Show More
- great view and food!OlgaZVIPDined on 5/25/2014The Outdoor terrace is just on the Hudson River overlooking Tappan Zee Bridge. Great bar and foods! The dining rooms are big and good for big companies. Definitely recommend! Chilled Maine Lobster Salad was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Surprised!jconDined on 5/25/2014I had a outdoor reservation for 7pm on Saturday, when I go there noone greeted us and had to wait for someone to help. They said it would be a 15 minute wait, after i expressed to them that I had a 7pm reservation? I was told that there are no outdoor reservations? I said that not was told to me on the phone, I specficically asked for outside and I was told no problem. Then, they said just check in with us in 10 minutes? Shouldnt they come to me since I did make reservations? The bar tenders and waiters were arguing lol while I was waiting for my reserved table at the bar? It really did get a little comical. Needs better service and processes in place. Great Food and view, so great job to the chefSpecial Features:
- Pier 701-AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2014This place is beautiful on the Hudson River. The food was very good, service was excellent. It was crowded and busy but the servers were attentive, the food was hot and on time. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The following 109 reviews are from the Pier 701 reviews archive.
- nice evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Server was capable, food was adaquate. It was a lovely evening, however it did not blow my socks off. The view of the river is dynamite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Union2016Dined on 5/24/2014Service started out iffy but got significantly better. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014This is the second time I have been there and both times our bill was incorrect. Good thing we looked since it was over $60! I never thought that would happen a second time but it did. I don't plan on going back nowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyablelike2dineDined on 5/18/2014We went with a group of five women to celebrate a special occasion. There was initially confusion about the reservation with the hostess as to who had arrived and some were at the table and some were at the bar, but not a big issue. We ordered several appetizers, cocktails, main course and desserts. Food and service were all very good, we were all happy with our orders, although we thought the appetizers were too pricey. We also did have to ask several times though to close the doors to the outside patio as it was very cold in the restaurant. Large outdoor patio and bar right on the Hudson. Can't wait to go back when the weather is a little warmer for drinks and I hope the add some additional apps.Special Features:
- Exceptional Service!!MattsMomDined on 5/18/2014We brought our entire family, including our son with autism, to a Sunday brunch to celebrate a birthday. The staff was amazing - accommodating our request for a quiet table. In fact, they opened up a private room so that we could eat in comfort without disturbing anyone else. The food was pleasant, but it tasted even better given the kindness and consideration we were shown. Beautiful setting with amazing views of the Hudson River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CookiemonsterDined on 5/17/2014We went with a party of four on a Saturday evening. The service was great: valet parking, very friendy waitor (Patrick) without being pushy and the view is just marvelous. Too bad the food is not at the same level: all of our dishes were (a bit below) okay, but not in line with the rest of the experience. If they would just improve the quality of the food (meat), then it will truly be a restaurant I would recommend to my friends. We will certainly be back, but probably just to enjoy the scenery with some drinks at the bar.Special Features:
- Not that impressedReviewer1Dined on 5/16/2014We were really looking forward to dinner at this place. The location is amazing, but I hoped the food was also as good as its views. The food was average, especially based on the prices they charged. The service was also average, I would have expected better service at a place like this. If we do go back it will be for drinks at the Tiki-bar outside during the summer to enjoy the views of the Hudson river.Special Features:
- Mother's DayNessDined on 5/11/2014Dined here for Mother's Day dinner. Prix Fix menu ..food was delicious. They were extremely busy but handled the massive groups of people very well.Special Features:
- Great potentialHypnofoodieDined on 5/3/2014We dined at Pier 701 this Saturday evening. We had a slightly bumpy start to our evening when we were plonked down at a table right next to an open door on a windy night with rain approaching. I turned around to ask to be reseated but the Maitre D had already run off. I had to track him down back at the front desk but on request the doors to the outside deck were closed and we got on with our dinner. The wait staff where friendly although our original waitress who took our drinks order then disappeared and a new one came and asked again for our drinks order. Once this service change was over things went smoothly. The food was above expectations with real finesse to dressings. I would have liked more vegetable side offerings! Great view...Special Features:
- First Date SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014When I was looking for a half way point between NJ and NY, on what we called "This Side of the GW," it was a no-brainer to pick Pier 701. I have always loved the old light house, and on my way to the date, I forgot that with wearing heels, the gravel lot would be a problem. When I arrived I was pleasently surprised to see that not only have you guys paved the parking lot, but you had replaced the wooden broken ramp, with a new one. The waiter quickly accomidated me when I asked if I could sit on the deck, with a view of the water. Not only was the waiter informative of the menu, he suggested that I try my dirty martini with blue cheese stuffed olives!!! I will now forever request such a martini. FIVE STARS all around!!!Special Features:
- Celebration LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014We totally enjoyed the food and the ambiance of the restaurant. Even though it was raining outside, we were able to look out and see the water and the Tappan Zee Bridge. The waiter was exceptional and entertaining! The food presentation was beautiful. There were 12 of us and we didn't feel rushed and they let us sit there by the fireplace for as long as we wanted to. I would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Good Findlike2eatoutDined on 4/26/2014We went with another couple to Pier 701 for dinner on Saturday night. The staff was very accommodating, and the view was wonderful. We each had a different entree and all enjoyed our dinners, the food was well prepared and nicely presented. A large party came in and sat near us which made it too loud, prior to their arrival, it was noisy but not obtrusively so. I look forward to returning to Pier 701.Special Features:
- Friday EveningLizzyGDined on 4/25/2014I had a wonderful dining experience. The service from the waiter Peter was great, he was witty, friendly responsive and recommended great choices. The food was excellent. This is one of my favorite spots. The highlight of the evening was the surprise band that was there. The Slippery Chickens, what a awesome night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First aPIERrance 701 reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014Food and service was very good. Tables were a bit close together. We sat at a table in the corner, which did feel like we were cornered in! Otherwise, experience was pleasant. Smaller room in back with fireplace looked cozy. Will definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- You will love Pier 701AC127Dined on 4/20/2014Everything about this place is beautiful. The interior. The deck on the river. The food. The mindful service. The happy vibe. It's my go-to place any season for brunch and any kind of get-together. They always make me glad to be there. They treat my Mom, who's on a cane, like royalty. I'll be going back again soon.Special Features:
- Fantastic Riverside EateryaleriverDined on 4/20/2014"I love the elegant but relaxed feel of this place – on a nice day I can spend the whole day on its outdoor patio sipping wine enjoying views of the Hudson. Delicious dishes very well prepared with great presentation and a bit of a french twist. I have not had a bad meal here. Very friendly service. It has quickly become one of my favorite restaurants. Try their Bloody Mary -- nice spice with an even better kick! Various dining events are available year around as well make it a fun place to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We enjoyed a very pleasant brunch the staff was very friendly including the young men at the valet service. Food was delicious - I would definitely go back and recommend the restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- 1st time and will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I am always caustious when trying a new place. As soon as as we arrived, we were greeted with a smile and professional service. The food is great, freshly prepared, cooked to as order and was it tastey good. All of the deserts were out of this world. The Flan was etraordinarily good and I don't typically like flan!!! I ordered upon the advise of the server - and it was fantastic. The service was good and we were not rushed even though it was a holiday. They took their time and allowed us to take in the hudson river views. The tables and chairs were comfy and the indoor fireplace was a nice touch We are coming back this summer to enjoy the out door decking and marina setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Read some negative reviews...food4thoughtDined on 4/19/2014Service was attentive, prices in line, food was excellent. A little noisy due to a table full of 20 somethings having a good time, but really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food/atmosphere were outstandingFoodie7Dined on 4/19/2014The view of the Hudson, paired with the excellent food - was amazing. Had appetizers to dessert, and enjoyed everything - great menu choices & specials. Enjoyed the octopus, fried calamari, & fondu - seafood pasta, steaks, and finished off with lava chocolate cake. It was a very filling and tasty night. Would definitely recommend it to others (slightly pricey - but worth it).Special Features:
- Great View, Delicious Food, Fun BarHappyVIPDined on 4/19/2014We came Easter with a group of 17. They were extremely flexible in seating us inside or outside, both very attractive locations. The service was phenomenal. There was a wide variety of dishes to choose from for our eclectic group and everyone seemed happy with their meals.Special Features:
- Great Food and ViewHudsonDined on 4/13/2014Wonderful food and a perfect view. Can't beat the combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm evening, perfect to bepjcorrDined on 4/13/2014Warm evening, perfect to be looking over the Hudson.Special Features:
- Food was just mediocre. SteakszorroDined on 4/13/2014Food was just mediocre. Steaks were over done and a bit tough. Service was very polite and accomodating but, due to a wedding, there were lapses in service availability. Liked the outdoor dining experience.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchCloverDined on 4/13/2014Food was mediocre. Service was not top notch. Wouldn't go back for brunch. Great outdoor seating area. Nice for drinks and appetizers. Shrimp wasn't fresh and bacon looked days old.Special Features:
- Summer StarblueboyDined on 4/11/2014This is a beautiful location--in good weather the deck is a perfect spot for friends and family. The menu offers some great choices--since I was there in early April, we chose from the winter menu. I had a tuna special, which was tasty and cooked to perfection. My friend had the pasta dish with shrimp; while it was very good, there were very few shrimp. In addition, our bottle of white wine was unfortunately not chilled. Since it was a chilly night, the band set up in the dining room, which can be very loud. However, in warmer weather it sets up outside. I still would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- The service was excellentLadypodDined on 4/11/2014The service was excellent as well as the food. Our server, Patrick, was very attentive without being intrusive and he had a wonderful personality which made it easy to enjoy the whole experience. The other staff whom we unfortunately did not get to know their names, were also professional, efficient and friendly. A nice variety of offerings on the lunch menu as well as the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible outdoor view, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2014Incredible outdoor view, food was very good and if you time appropriately can be a quiet romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it. Willl be back. NewPritDined on 4/5/2014Loved it. Willl be back. New owners certainly improved everything. Looking forward to spending time on their deck this summer.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC !!AlyrunnerDined on 4/4/2014My husband and I both had one of the best dinners out in a long time. We had gone to see the band that was playing last night and found our new favorite restaurant. We thought it was the best meal and at a fair price. The mussels were fantastic and you definitely need to order the home made steak fries with it. Highly recommend !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had dinner using Groupon whichJanetDined on 4/4/2014Had dinner using Groupon which was a terrific introduction for 4 of us to Pier 701 to try different dishes, both small dishes and main course. Our table enjoyed everything. Wine cost is reasonable and good. Very accommodating for gluten-free. Had to send back one entree since I forgot to ask for Dairy-Free too and they were very nice and open and removed cheese. T Had an awesome band that we danced to called "The Unit". Nice size dance floor. Would go back there again for dinner, especially to hear the band.Special Features:
- fabulous potentialBobiDined on 4/2/2014This restaurant does not know the difference in time for fine dining vs. BAD service. With the fabulous view and food, it is a shame to lose customers over bad service.Special Features:
- Bad night to dine at 701FoodfanDined on 3/30/2014Reservations were made for 6 for a Sunday night. Upon our arrival, there were at least ten young children running and screaming at the entry of the restaurant. There was a wedding party going on and the noise level was 10 out of 10. We were escorted to a small private room away from the ruckas but the noise level was still unacceptable. We were seated next to the door of room and the staff attempted, not always to keep it closed to diminish the volume of noise. Eventually we were moved to the back of that private room which somewhat ameliorated the noise level. The food was good, but I do have one complaint. Two people ordered the same dish, a seafood paella. One order had more scallops than the other. they should serve equally.
- Hudsun river gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2014food was fabulous and the service professional and personable. will be back soon for sureSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food, friendly staffezasVIPDined on 3/23/2014Wonderful food, friendly staff and beautiful view.Special Features:
- Great brunch menuGoodeaterVIPDined on 3/23/2014Celebrated a birthday with a brunch . 3 generations Great for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014Great ambiance. Courteous staff. Food choices were varied and eclectic. Hudson valley restaurant menu was superb. Service outstanding. Was just a bit loud- even in dining room. The bar was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.