222 S. Main Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistro-222.com/
- Phone: 8014560347
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Jewell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our management team for catering information.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact our management team for private dining information.
A word from Bistro 222
Simple yet elegant food, An upscale yet casual environment and a fantastic team of hospitality professionals. That’s what you can expect from Bistro 222. We offer a full bar, 80 bottle wine list and a seasonal contemporary American menu. Bistro 222 is a LEED Certified restaurant set in the lobby of the 222 Main building. Sit and enjoy our beautiful floor to ceiling windows that look out onto historic Main Street, from the comfort of one of our many high back booths.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Bistro 222 - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bistro 222 reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)special occasion (24)notable wine list (22)neighborhood gem (19)romantic (16)great for lunch (16)good for groups (13)hot spot (13)great for outdoor dining (13)scenic view (12)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- The Downtown SLC StandardDontCallMeAFoodieDined on 5/9/2014Eateries like this litter the downtown dining scene- but definitely not a staple or what's exciting about the up and coming SLC dining culture. They are popping up more quickly than the coffee/tea hipster hangouts, peppered with barbershop style mustaches and newsboy hats. Bistro 222 sell themselves short because they cater to the hipster population of SLC but if you dig a little more deeply have sophisticated flavors on their menu but labeled w/ names like the "hangover". There is just enough substance here to get you to try them, but not enough to have you coming back for more.
- Soup greatfoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Excellent homemade soup and pasta had a delicious but still light mushroom sauce. Trout good as well and salad fresh and tasty. Overall great meal at a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new gem in SLCMarinfeyVIPDined on 5/2/2014Love this place! Great food, fresh sustainable fish and you can tell the produce is fresh and local. They make the pasta in house along with all the dressings and sauces. The burger at lunch is mouthwatering. They make the burger from trim off their steaks and the tomato jam is a perfect addition to the burger and their hummus and avocado sandwich. At dinner don't miss out on the mussels the thai coconut broth is amazing. Nightly specials have always been a great experience, even if they sound strange the flavors mix well for an exceptional dish. The staff is knowlegable and kind. The manager has great wine knowledge and has a great selection. If the list seems overwhelming just ask the staff or manager for assistance with pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro 222Yes4FoodDined on 5/2/2014The food was great, I had a chicken club sandwich and it was amazing. Slightly gourmet while still being accessible. It was very filling and more than enough for lunch... Comes with fries or a salad, and up charge to substitute for soup. My sister substituted for soup and loved the cauliflower soup of the day - spicy and creamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SuprisedRDCarpenterDined on 5/1/2014In town for a convention and while walking downtown my wife and I stumbbled on Bistro 222. Amazing new spot in Salt Lake. Service and food were both well above indusrty standards. The most pleasant suprise was the Wine list and bottle selections. Great Job SommSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little busyDAlexDined on 4/24/2014We had very good meals but were left a bit hanging on service toward the end of our dinner, the server was overwhelmed by a large group. The wine selection is very good without being daunting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting but not WOWmountaintownfoodieDined on 4/23/2014Atmosphere was great-views of the city and mountains, fire place, comfy booths, open light. Soup of the day (Halibut and mussels in a white bean base) was fantastic. Fish tacos OK, great pieces of fish, lacking a special sauce. Want to try more items. Ginger lemonade was great. Service was mediocre, was at the table for over 7 minutes before being greeted. Server was rushed, each time he came to table. Did not deliver food. was helpful and knowledgeable about menu but each time he came to table he was rushed and apologetic-it was weird, because it did not seem that busy-I think all his other tables were on other side. I was with clients, so I am not sure how they liked their food. Food came out in reasonable time. Didn't seem like SLC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice LunchIlovegoodfoodDined on 4/10/2014I ate at Bistro 222 for the first time, having lunch with a friend. The beautiful modern interior was unexpected. Service was excellent. Its hard to rave about soups and salads, so another experience might be more telling about the food quality. I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a quick power lunchSumbumDined on 4/8/2014Great for a quick business lunch - we had salads and the service was fast, the food was great and not your typical salads. Very fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 222 Bistro is metropolitanmisseswissyDined on 4/5/2014Not too many places in Salt Lake boast this metropolitan setting. Beautiful glass curtain walls that go to the floor, allow you to see the city. We were there at sunset in the corner and it was lovely. With a smaller booth, you can sit by the fire. Great food, a little pricey, but worth the ambience. Also great for business lunches or dinner. If you park in the back terrace, you may have to walk around to the front of the building to get inside. It's a very secure building and after hours the doors lock.Special Features:
- Enjoyable and deliciousJINSHDined on 4/4/2014Went with co-workers before catching a show. Great food, delicious cocktail choices and the kind of modern ambience you'd expect in a bigger city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best in Salt LakeJohnBDined on 3/29/2014one of the best in Salt Lake and with very reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCharcharcocoDined on 3/20/2014Loved the ambiance, decor, service. Food was disappointing. Halibut was $27 and had no taste. Cauliflower soup sounded interesting but was boring. Disapointed.
- Foodies in SLC? Yes!JeffHDined on 3/12/2014Informative and friendly staff served us an excellent meal of a nice variety of tasty, well-prepared dishes.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceJCC1Dined on 3/10/2014Although the restaurant was nearly empty when our party of 5 arrived, we were unable to make a reservation through OpenTable for 7:00 p.m., and therefore arrived at 6:30 p.m. We enjoyed our perfectly-portioned and delicious meals, as well as the inventive and pleasing desserts. Our server was friendly, helpful and accommodating, but it was a real skeleton crew the night we dined at Bistro 222, and service was decidedly slow given the fact that we were some of the only diners in the establishment. The space is beautifully-planned with tall ceilings and walls of windows creating an open, light and airy feel that allow one to enjoy the view of Main Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and even better service!adamcole801Dined on 3/7/2014We really enjoy this spot downtown. Its refreshing to have good food, wine, and a metropolitan experience in of all places Salt Lake City. The service was outstanding from our first step through the door. From manager to sommelier to waiter, we thoroughly enjoyed our evening. We will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHonest0112VIPDined on 3/1/2014The food was really quite good, dishes were creative and well composed. The service was simply off the charts poor, not unpleasant, just a wait staff that has been very poorly trained. The food can hold it's own with any upscale foodie type restaurant in SLC but it is executed with an Applebee's standard of service. It was frustrating, for us and our servers. It was very clear that this wasn't about unpleasant or incapable servers but a service staff that had been inadequately trained. (Ordered pasta course never arriving, salads dropped off and request for ground pepper ignored, never a water refill, asked to "keep your fork" after salad course, and never saw a Manager...have no idea who was running the floor)Special Features:
- Great decor, poor foodbriantVIPDined on 3/1/2014From the restaurant's chic design and décor, I was expecting a nice dinner. My coworker and I were in town for a conference so this was our first visit. Both of us thought the service was great but the food surprisingly bad. I ordered the pork chop and he chose a fish plate. My pork chop was tough and fatty - a cheap piece of meat that reminded me of the inexpensive chuck steak I'd had as a kid. Awful. And it was served with cooked apples and, I believe, a carrot puree that were good; what was not so good was the awful, fibrous, undercooked root vegetable of some sort on the plate. That root vegetable had a thick, tough skin, and I wondered if the cooks had simply not peeled it. My coworker's fish had a sauce with an unpleasant off taste.
- artsy flare and fine diningLocalFanDined on 3/1/2014222 has a modern ambiance (like its sister restaurant Boulevard Bistro - also one of my recommends) - local sourced/fresh options, wonderfully prepared and presented. Service has been cordial and prompt but never felt rushed. As with many SLC venues, you may bring your own wine (or three... like we tend to). I'm kind of mystified why this restaurant (and Boulevard Bistro) are not consistently full - they are both quite good.Special Features:
- Great foodSlcdenbinDined on 2/27/2014Went here for birthday dinner. Started with mushroom bruschetta appetizer which was larger portion than expected and very tasty. Then ordered lamb osso buuco lamb pasta with creme sauce. Also very good. The meat was tender and very light on creme sauce which was great. Also portion bigger than i thought. Husband ordered trout which was very yummy in a type of lemon grass sauce, very sparingly but perfect. Very light and good.only downside is entrees should have a small side of something, we ordered mixed green salad to share, again good portion for 2 to share as a side. Also ordered the cauliflower au gratin side which was good but thought it lacked something. Overall Good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/27/2014We arrived late with a large group. The staff made us welcome and kept the kitchen open to accommodate our needs. The service was fast and attentive. Overall the food was excellent. Our party consisted of several international travelers and the only complaints were related to misunderstandings about the descriptions of the dishes; our own fault for not requesting clarification. At the close of the evening my bluetooth headset fell out of my pocket. We were about 100 yards out the door already when our server caught up with us to return the device. Next time I'm in Salt Lake City, I will visit this restaurant again.
- Great price pointChrissyDined on 2/21/2014We found Bistro 222 through Open Table for a late dinner on a Friday night. The ambiance and space are terrific, the food is excellent, and the price point is reasonable for the quality of food and service We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedSilvCDined on 2/21/2014Great location, beautiful view of Main St., quiet, upscale, great service. Unfortunately, the food doesn't match the level of the surroundings. Seasoning was inconsistent, some plates being extremely salty when others lacked salt almost completely. My Sea Bass was overcooked and thus chewy and dry. None of the plates were any better than what I can cook at home. For a location that has a chef on staff, I was expecting much more. The small bite appetizer I ate at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill in Vegas for $16.00, had a ton more flavor than the whole $26.00 entree I ate at this restaurant. Too bad. I really wanted to give it a great review. I cannot do it. Not fit for foodies like me.Special Features:
- Fabulousdavemash1Dined on 2/15/2014Beautiful space and great food & service. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go in Salt Lake Cityrng1101VIPDined on 2/15/2014I had the best beet salad with goat cheese and paella! For the latter, I usually don't order this dish since I make an authentic paella using Spanish ingredients. I really enjoyed the flavors of Bistro 222's paella and it was nice that it was just a small portion, well seasoned, enough seafood to enjoy with my husband.Special Features:
- How hungry are you?jargillDined on 2/15/2014The restaurant looked very nice, and for some reason was not nearly as crowded as other restaurants that we had tried to get into first. The menu is definitely on the pricier side, and they give you very small portions. But it tasted fantastic. If their goal is to leave us wanting more, they succeeded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine SurpriseRhyGuyFyeDined on 2/14/2014If you need a place to help set your mood fora great night with your significant other Bistro 222. Is the place, they have valet parking so you don't have to worry about finding city park, which we all know is a hassle. It is steps outside the large glass and chrome modern door, where you walk right in and are seated immediately if you've made your reservations. The servers are fun and respectful, with a dash of quirkiness. Yet, the best part is the menus doesn't have an overabundance of options, therefore; picking a meal is easy. Have fun and if you are considering a nice quant romantic dinner, or a fun night with some trendy friends consider Bistro 222.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think this restaurant hasellenDined on 2/14/2014I think this restaurant has potential, but it has to work on its service for groups including more than 4 people.
- DisappointedSSteedDined on 2/14/2014Valentines date for two. We received burnt pizza, undercooked chicken, and a Caesar salad that required a spoon to eat. Thankfully the wine helped us forget this overpriced, dissatisfying experience.Special Features:
- Great Find!jfunkDined on 2/14/2014This was our first visit to Bistro 222 and we went for a Valentine outing. We could not have been more pleased. They initially couldn't find our Open Table reservation, but they told us they would seat us immediately (the hostess told us on the way out that they had located the reservation and they were so sorry if they caused any stress). The seating was a little cozy as I think they added more tables for the holiday, but it was lovely. The server was pleasant and very attentive and the food was outstanding. Everything we tried exceeded our expectations. We ordered one of the least expensive wines and found it superb. Bistro 222 made our Valentine evening a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine Failure!JJS1411Dined on 2/14/2014. The management completely ruined what could have been a better experience for couples on Valentines had they not forced all of the couples to sit shoulder to shoulder, eliminating any possibility of intimate conversation. The same complaint was repeated by most couples that were forced to jostle tables in order to sit. Our inadvertent table-mates order was delivered to us, coincidentally same as our order, and we were promptly admonished by the wait staff that we had the wrong order. While uncomfortably ingesting the food meant for our neighboring couple, the originators of said order, we finished before they received their entree. What was meant to be a pleasant night out to dinner turned into a mad dash to finish and leave ASAP.
- Overall Very EnjoyableNicketySplitDined on 2/14/2014Just tried it out for the first time. The food was delicious and was came out very soon after ordering. It was on the pricier side (anywhere from 20-50 dollars for an entree) but well worth it. We ordered lamb meatballs as an appetizer which were exquisite. For entrees we had a delicious chicken breast and a very tender pork shoulder. Overall, we loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new spotoutonthetownDined on 2/14/2014Just wanted a evening downtown, including dinner. Decided to try a new place and we very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro 222ChrisDined on 2/14/2014Good food, great interior decor, great view onto main street. Walking distance to a lot of great bars and the indie movie theatre. Overall great experience.Special Features:
- Terrific pre-Ballet dinnerMule54Dined on 2/12/2014There is a true range of choices for dining; it's possible to get a good meal via appetizers and a salad, or a hearty one with entrees. Everything we had was excellent: mushroom brushetta (huge!); mussels, salad, creminelli meats pizza. The wind choices also range from a low of about $30 to the stratosphere. I suspect it might be noisier later in the evening, but we were there early for pre-theatre dinner, just a block away from the refurbished Capitol Theatre. We'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro 222 - Delightfully Delish!gr8fulgirlDined on 2/8/2014If you're looking for a fantastic lunch or dinner, this is the spot! The restaurant has an incredible ambiance, romantic and upscale and the food is delicious! From the charming chef to the wonderful waitresses, Bistro 222 delivers! Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in a Cool PackageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014Bistro 222 proved to be the perfect start to my Saturday night. Just around the corner from the Capitol Theater in the heart of SLC, the ambience is modern without being cold. The wait staff was pleasant, knowledgeable and attentive without being obtrusive. I had the stone-oven-fired mussels appetizer and was impressed with the portion size. The curry sauce was so wonderful that I had to get another piece of bread to soak up every drop. I had the special for the main course--braised short rib, celery puree, roasted baby carrots and little "potato pillows" (not sure what they were really called). The portions were well-balanced and the flavors combined beautifully. Perfect rustic dinner for a rainy night. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- NIce SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2014This was our first time at the Bistro 222, the decor is very nicely done, modern and cozy. The food is very good with an original presentation. Service was very good and helpfull in guiding us for the food and wine. this was a nice surprise and we will go again for sure.Special Features:
- Very nicely decorated spaceKenSLCDined on 1/31/2014Very nicely decorated space with a great view of Main Street as you relax. The menu was small, but very interesting. I had Idaho sturgeon, which I don't think I've ever seen on a menu in Utah. I think we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 222 BistroRobatRLTMDined on 1/31/2014Super good food, great service and attitude, easy and quiet for business meetings. Would Highly recommend and will go there often. RobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.