222 S. Main Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistro-222.com/
- Phone: 8014560347
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Jewell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our management team for catering information.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact our management team for private dining information.
A word from Bistro 222
Simple yet elegant food, An upscale yet casual environment and a fantastic team of hospitality professionals. That’s what you can expect from Bistro 222. We offer a full bar, 80 bottle wine list and a seasonal contemporary American menu. Bistro 222 is a LEED Certified restaurant set in the lobby of the 222 Main building. Sit and enjoy our beautiful floor to ceiling windows that look out onto historic Main Street, from the comfort of one of our many high back booths.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Bistro 222 - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bistro 222 reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (24)special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (16)great for lunch (15)hot spot (13)great for outdoor dining (13)good for groups (12)scenic view (11)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Extra effortnosaltdinerDined on 10/24/2014When I advised our server of my problematic low sodium diet, he assured me I'd have mo problem. Since many of the entrees are prepared/cooked to order, I was able to get the dish I wanted with no salt added. Our server was efficient, funny, just the right amount of contact to ensure our satisfaction. I highly recommend their home made gelato - they offer a large selection of fresh, innovative flavors. Overall, a very pleasant and fulfilling dining experience.Special Features:
- Fell Short of ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014Bistro 222 is a contemporary-designed bistro located in the heart of Salt Lake City. While on business travel we chose this restaurant for dinner. The wine selection and recommendation was really the highlight of the evening. The lamb pasta lacked flavor and was in need of S&P which couldn't be found on the table. The kicker was when we requested a side of bread to accompany our meal, three very thin slices of baguette arrived (one for each of us). Come on. If you're going to be on Open Table, focus on delivering the best experience possible. Oh, and get a dessert menu. You're a bistro right.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Food was good but service was poor. I understood that the restaurant recently changed owners and that the staff were in training, or new. But for the price, and assuming that they wanted to be portrayed as a high quality food place... they missed the mark.Special Features:
- Desserts are a MUSTTPMagsDined on 10/15/2014The desserts are are amazing! They change often and are always current and seasonal! Delicious!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UtahfoodieDined on 10/11/2014Bistro 222 is a great new addition to the downtown restaurant scene. The food is exeptional. The menue is diverse and creative. It has an excellent wine line and the service was attentive without being obstructive to the conversation. This is an undiscovered gem in the heart of the business district of SLC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Main Addition!maryDined on 10/11/2014We've dined here before and it just keeps getting better. Good food, good service, nice surroundings. Dined here before the opera on Saturday evening since the Capital Theater is very close by. We shared a salad, and then for the main course we had Hangar steak done med-rare with home made shoestring fries. The owner Christian came by to greet us---we also noted that he was pitching in and serving that evening. Enjoyed salted caramel and pistachio gelato--on the house! It's also made fresh here every day! Another great eatery in Salt Lake!Special Features:
- Menu was in transitionLbjpianoDined on 10/10/2014I was looking forward to lunch after reviewing the menu online however our server told us they were sort of in transition between menus. Several dishes had substitute ingredients. I will have to try it again with the new menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real find on Main Streetsandwich4meDined on 9/30/2014This was a repeat visit for us as our first experience during Dine Around was great. The owner came to the table to greet us. The server was warm and personable and the chef made an appearance to discuss his career and food choices. We all ate separate entrees and they were superb. We'll go back again. The whole experience was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New FindMillpuppyDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I are avid theatre goers, and always do dinner before a show. This was a great new find, with a delicious menu and within walking distance of the Capitol Theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceStephDined on 9/23/2014Mediocre food. Hostess was not at front when we came in. Service was terrible and extremely slow. Waiter disorganized. Timing and presentation of entire meal was poor. Took 20-40 min to get drinks. Entrees arrived in 30 min time window. No attempt to apologize or address our concerns was made by waiter or management.
- Too badCharcharcocoDined on 9/22/2014Love the location, decor, ambiance of this chic, downtown restaurant. This is the second time I have hosted a business dinner. Unfortunately, the food disappoints. Presentation is beautiful but it never quite tastes as good as it looks.Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsMhambsterVIPDined on 9/19/2014I went here for the lunch Dine-o-Round special: a bowl of creamy tomato-basil soup, and a grilled cheese sandwich. The soup was a small serving, but was really amazing. I loved it. A good, herby flavor to it. Not too strong on the basil, and not sweet at all, which too many tomato soups are. It was a great texture too. Not completely smooth, and with little tiny bits of something almost crunchy. Awesome. The grilled cheese sandwich was a real disappointment, however. It had three mild cheeses, so the flavor inside the sandwich wasn't strong, but the out side was just toasted. No butter or anything, and no flavor. Just melted cheese inside of dry white toast. That was too bad. I'd go back for the soup, but the rest... Not so much.
- It's good.AmsterdamDined on 9/17/2014Everything about it is good. Not my favorite, but good. I didn't have any complaints, but I wasn't "wowed" by any means. It is very clean and well decorated, but it also seems just a bit hollow. The food was not bad, but also not my favorite. One notable benefit is that the menu is overall relatively affordable, so it's the perfect place for meeting someone, or for a business exchange. My favorite thing about it is the location. Everything you would ever want to see in downtown Salt Lake City is within walking distance. The Bistro 222 is really central in the small corporate section of Main Street. It's a nice place; low key, which may be what you're looking for.Special Features:
- New discoverysandwich4meDined on 9/17/2014Excellent, quiet experience. Portion and service were good. A great find for those attending an event downtown or just dining downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bistro 222TiburonDined on 9/15/2014Excellent food...will most definitely plan another trip to eat at the bistroSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entree to the RescuedcacgsDined on 9/15/2014I was very excited to finally have time to try Bistro 222. I had such high hopes after reading a lot of hype about this place. I was a little...no, VERY disappointed. Our server was friendly and accommodating, but the food was a let-down. I ordered the corn chowder and Mexican corn for appetizers. The corn chowder was served over a black bean "salsa." Not only was the flavor of the chowder muddled, but the beans tasted like they were poured out of a can: dry and unseasoned. The raw red onion didn't go unnoticed, but didn't add a lot. When the word "Mexican" is accompanied by corn, I expect some kind of seasoning or spice. There was none. It was sweet and not what I wanted. My entree was divine: chicken and spaetzle. Thank goodness!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceLovin4horsesDined on 9/15/2014Met my mom for lunch here. Had their dine-o-round menu which was a bit disappointing as the entree was simply a grilled cheese but it was really great food. The staff was friendly and helped us immediately, we had great service the entire meal, we were sat at an awesome table and the experience was really awesomelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRilesDined on 9/12/2014Looking for a place to eat in Salt Lake, you need to try this one. The service was great, the menu a good variety and the food prepared as we ordered it.Special Features:
- Dinner al frescoMarathonManVIPDined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed patio dining on a beautiful autumn evening. I highly recommend the butterscotch pudding with salted carmel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The food was good and it had a pretty wide variety of options. It wasn't crowded at all when we went, but the service was incredibly slow.Special Features:
- Outstanding Downtown SpotAndrewDined on 9/6/2014Modern and elegant interior, truly outstanding food. The pork loin chop was simply incredible. Plus, they have some of the best gelato I have had. We had peanut butter chocolate, pistachio and maple bacon. Yep, bacon gelato, it was smashing. Probably the best desert though was the butterscotch pudding over a bed of crushed Oreos. Unreal. This place is a must for foodies hunting for a cool downtown restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soooooo Good!goodfoodDined on 9/2/2014We loved it! The food was fantastic, every course! Beautiful presentation, wonderful preparation and OH…the flavors! The wait staff was attentive and friendly and we had a truly wonderful evening. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Late summer menu just so-soCCHackDined on 8/23/2014We've dined at Bistro 222 several times, and this weekend for the first time in a few months. They've changed the menu, and everyone's meal was just sort of ok, not great, not terrible. They took one of our party's order incorrectly, and so he had to wait for his meal while we started on ours. The trout was good, but surrounded by a bizarre (but pretty) melange of uncooked veggie strips that were inedible. I can't imagine what they were thinking except, hey, this is easy and cheap, let's do this. I might wait for a winter menu before I go back. They used to have a lovely short rib lasagna that was quite good but it's been off the menu for a while. perhaps they have a new chef? new owner?I would recommend this to a friend.
- utefanDined on 8/23/2014Service and atmosphere were fantastic - Eclectic menu - great specials - perfect portion size - Highly recommend this for any occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014My new favorite restaurant. New York is a must. Great appetizers. Try the fish tacos. Great salad. Dessert options have been delicious and a new variety each time. We will return often.Special Features:
- Great venue, food could be amped upAdamVIPDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant space is gorgeous and well appointed. Our server (Tony) was perfect. He was knowledgeable about the menu and was happy to share his opinion when we asked about specific items. We got olives and the popcorn apps, which were solid. I had the wedge salad and daily pasta. Each of those was lacking something to push them over the top. Perhaps a zip of citrus on the salad, or a parmesan crisp or small piece of grilled bread with the pasta would have done the trick. My dining companion felt the same about his salad and entree. Decent, but not quite matching the space.Special Features:
- Surprisingly wonderfuldebnajdVIPDined on 8/13/2014The food was fantastic. We had the Meatball appetizer. It was so sweet and flavorful, it was almost like eating dessert. Also got the calamari appetizer. The sauce it come in is delicious. Ordered the prociuto pizza - great bread dough, cooked wonderfully in the woodfire stove. And ordered a lamb noodle dish. Lamb was so tender it fell off the bone, pasta is made in-house and tastes so fresh - great dish. We had fantastic service. Server was great at explaining how each dish was prepared when we were making our menu selections. Service was great throughout the meal too. Food was so good we will return.Special Features:
- Great timechapmansDined on 8/2/2014We had a great dinner and service - they had fresh heirloom tomatoes that were to die for and also a great chicken bite appetizer! Hanger steak was awesome and great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Small PortionsLunchEaterDined on 7/31/2014The food was great, but the portions were too small by half.Special Features:
- Untrained serverFoodsnobDined on 7/29/2014The food here is good. Our untrained wait person made the experience a disaster! Waiter no. 4 failed to write down our order the first time and got it wrong the second time. Then it took over an hour to get our food. We all had appointments after lunch and had to phone in with excuses. A Disaster!Special Features:
- Nice!rootsDined on 7/25/2014Went to lunch with friends and it was a nice experience. The food was excellent and the service was good. Great for lunch and recommend to anyone downtown.Special Features:
- First time tryinglimarantoDined on 7/19/2014The food was very high quality and fresh. The food was worth the price. Not very kid friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Left HungryTheLegalFoodCriticDined on 7/17/2014Good service and ambience. The problem was insufficient food for 2 adults and 1 child yet $50 food ordered. The quality was tolerable to fine (dish dependent). I ordered the New York Steak Sandwich and a bowl of the Turkey soup. For a $6-8 dollar bowl of soup, I was brought this good size bowl which tapered to a much smaller size towards the bottom and only the narrow bottom had soup in it. When I stood the soup spoon up in the bottom of the bowl the soup only covered about half to two-thirds of the round part of the soup spoon. The $16-18 special on the nocci (sp?) was the same amount and left my friend hungry. The chicken bite appetizer seemed dry and burnt. The child's pizza was best, good, and seemed reasonable in size.
- Great lunchCoupleExplorersDined on 7/14/2014Sandwiches, salad and french fries were delicious. This was a great place for lunch.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodie222Dined on 7/12/2014Food was delicious and filling. Had a fun clean atmosphere. They were definetly short handed though on a Saturday night. The hostess was nice enough to help out with refilling our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REALLY impressed!!!Southfork312Dined on 7/12/2014Every bite of everything was outstanding! The wedge salad, field greens, fish tacos, pork chop, Long Island iced teas, dessert...all fantastic. Portions were perfectly sized. We've paid much more for food that didn't come close. Go there. It's great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 83 reviews are from the Bistro 222 reviews archive.
- Downtown OnoCPFOODDined on 7/1/2014A very pleasant dining experience. Every course was excellent with good size portions.Special Features:
- JohnBDined on 6/29/2014Consistently good . Have been here for brunch and dinner . Reasonable size portions . Interesting menu. I recommendSpecial Features:
- Wonderfuljtfdez5VIPDined on 5/31/2014First time at this restaurant to celebrate my son's college graduation. The food was wonderful and the service was great. We live in California but will be visiting SLC to see our son. Bistro 222 will be on are list of stops.Special Features:
- Refreshing Dining ExperiencefoodaddictDined on 5/30/2014Me and my girlfriend came to try bistro222 out. We were pleasantly surprised. We normally don't get very good service and tend to not go out anymore but do enjoy trying new places. We did not feel stereo typed being a young couple. Our waitress was very informative and genuinely cared about us having a good experience. The food was on point and not over priced. The prices were surprisingly fair and welcoming to any budget. The wine list is spectacular. Bottles from across the world and prices to accommodate anyone. I will be visiting again and would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features: