1608 South St
Philadelphia, PA 19146-1542Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.entreebyob.com/
- Phone: 2157900330x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Addis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome
A word from Entree BYOB
Entrée is a BYOB located at 1608 South Street in Philadelphia. At Entrée we offer seasonal American fare crafted from high quality, locally sourced ingredients. Our menu is creative, balanced & simple, never pretentious! We specialize in traditional and modern dishes that project the true integrity of the food we create. Bring your favorite bottle of wine or spirit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Entree BYOB reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (50)good for groups (18)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (15)special occasion (14)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Surf & turfOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Started with appetizer special prosciutto wrapped figs then Surf and turf. A Lobster tail and ny strip cook perfectly. Also prosciutto wrapped fig special was pure deliciousness. We forgot our wine and were alittle bummed until our server Jenna brought us over two glasses of blood orange sangria. She said they make it just in case of emergency. Lol. Thanks JennaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014had the surf& turf and it was out of this world. Seared tuna fra diavolo was also amazing. finished our meal with the fried oreos. Very impressed with entree and will returning soon.Special Features:
- The following 100 reviews are from the Entree BYOB reviews archive.
- PhillytouristDined on 5/17/2014Welcoming, relaxed atmosphere. My daughter and husband both thought the duck was amazing. My husband particularly liked the calamari appetizer, but the mussels were too large. We'd definitely recommend Entree, but for a BYOB, it was still expensive. Even with our paid parking voucher in the windshield, we got a ticket.Special Features:
- perfect nightgeezer13Dined on 5/17/2014food was delicious,our waiter was spot-on.the noise level ,we could live withSpecial Features:
- Great menu! Great food!SnaketteVIPDined on 5/11/2014Came across Entrée looking for a Mother's Day reservation on Open Table. Although the menu was small, there wasn't a dish on it that didn't speak to me. I made everyone at the table order something different and it was all fantastic. Started with a great arugula salad with peaches, plums, grapefruit and balsamic--the combo was outrageously good. Absolute raves for the seared tuna--fabulous rub, seared to perfection, a huge portion. The halibut and the duck breast were also standouts. Dessert was incredibly light lemon mascarpone cake, a chocolate nutella canolli and fried oreos for the kids--a must try!!! We sat in the open window and had great service. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great food, but the noise…painful!SandyKDined on 5/10/2014Second time at Entree. Both times, the same experience. Really great food but the place is so super noisy on a Saturday night. Not sure what they can do to temper the pounding voices, but that would be a major improvement. The food is terrific but I am not sure I will return on a weekend evening.Special Features:
- Fab foodlive2enjoyVIPDined on 5/10/2014They unfortunatelty had 2 privat groups with 8 & 10 and one of them was so extremely loud that we were thinking of leaving. Once they got this fabulous food they calmed down and we were glad we stayed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backTomRDined on 5/10/2014I took my family out over the weekend for Mother's Day dinner and everyone really enjoyed Entree BYOB. We didn't make it too easy on them, I had changed the number of people on the reservation the day before and our party ended up showing up late anyway. The staff was very nice and friendly, and we received no ill will from them, which was just great. The food was also very good, I got the Calamari and the Rib Eye. Neither of the dishes I ordered were the best I've ever tasted, but they were close. Despite the generous portion sizes, everyone at our table cleaned their plates. The place was packed when we were there, and there was a party of 20 in a restaurant that seats 35 people total- made it a bit loud and cramped, not that bad though.Special Features:
- Great little BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014Food was good, service was good, price was good. Can't beat it! And the fried Oreos and Nutella canolli were awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, not greatBMC59VIPDined on 5/1/2014When we came here a few months ago for the first time I thought is was a great find, an excellent new BYOB. On Thursday when we dined here it wasn't as good. Still good, but it didn't live up to the expectations from our first visit.
- Amazing seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014Started with the calamari probibly the best we ever had. I had the seared tuna fra diavolo and my wife had the halibut both were prepared perfectly. Very impressed with entree. Will be returning very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodEm30Dined on 4/29/2014I picked Entree BYOB last minute for a group of five bc it was in my neighborhood and it was a BYO. The food was incredible. Most of us chose one of the three course prix fixe options and the portions were very generous. Everything was excellent but you must try the mussels and clams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKellieVIPDined on 4/26/2014Our dining experience at Entree BYOB was wonderful in every way. The service was attentive without being intrusive, the atmosphere was comfortable, and the FOOD was heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2014Great food,amazing staff! Love this little hidden spot and I'll be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedmeme1953VIPDined on 4/18/2014Got a last minute reservation and was very happy with this new find. Food was really good and service was attentive. Prices were appropriate for this level of quality food. Only semi negative, we were seated at the door which was 3 feet away. Good thing it was not a cold night! Will go back.Special Features:
- An all Around excellent diningSohoVIPDined on 4/13/2014An all Around excellent dining experience Extremely attentive waitstaff Chef owner also attended to us The food was amazing. Reasonably priced and a BYOB I have found my new favorite BYOB restaurantSpecial Features:
- Took my mom out for dinnerE1T1Dined on 4/12/2014Took my mom out for dinner while she visited Philly. It'll run you about 40 bucks each, but it's very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go!!!!!!!CosmoladyDined on 4/10/2014So happy we stumbled upon this place!! Service was perfect, well paced with perfect timing. Food has to be some of the best that we have had in the city. Wedge salad was anything but usual. Delicious!! Dinners we had tuna with clams and mussels... Huge portion and amazing. My husband had a huge piece of halibut. He said it was spicy and he loved it. But dessert... Omg!!!! Fried Oreos with salted caramel ice cream. The chef came out to chat and I ate most of it!! You chat, husband, you lose!! Chef was young, personable, and seemed like a nice guy! This is a place that needs to make it! It is wonderful!!opened since September, they say business is always improving!! It should. It was incredible!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and deliciousahphilaVIPDined on 4/5/2014My husband loved the wedge salad, while I thought it strayed too far from the classic recipe and missed the piles of blue cheese that usually accompany this salad. The cornish game hen was DELICIOUS. We'd go back just for that. The balsamic reduction that is served with the bread basket is also wonderful. And yes, we went whole hog and had the deep fried oreos. Scrumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VegetarianJonStewDined on 4/1/2014Entree offers some great options off-menu vegetarians. We mentioned we were vegetarians and the chef came out to personally give us some options and ensure that we felt welcome. I can't believe this place wasn't packed. The food and service were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- agreatplacekainvaDined on 3/28/2014We loved our dinner at EntreeBYOB. All of our food was delicious; the service was great; and we liked the atmosphere. The chef is anxious to please the guests and was very responsive to our feedback. We would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and deliciousPatrickVIPDined on 3/27/2014My wife and I really enjoyed this neighborhood spot. Everything about it is great. The muscles and clams appetizer was phenomenal. My wife said the scallops were so delicious she couldn't share. Calamari was a little over prepared. Ambience was excellent. I think if they added 1 server or a table attendant the service would be 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD SPOT!BIGRED1VIPDined on 3/26/2014First time here. Went on a Wednesday night..not too crowded. BYOB..Can opt for fixed, 3 courses, $40 or a la carte. High quality, thoughtful presentation. Wedge salad, which as plain as it might seem, is very good. Both the tuna with clams and mussels, and the duck, with asparagas were excellent. Dessert of Lemoncello cake and fried oreos were quite tasty as well. Only complaint, and it has been mentioned before is that the menu could be a little bigger, or perhaps have 2 specials off menu. It is not much of a complaint and I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good new Philly BYOB.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/23/2014We ate at Entree last week and really enjoyed our meal. Everything was very fresh and prepared perfectly. My husband's duck breast came out a little overcooked, and the chef immediately cooked him another one which was perfect for him. There were also 2 fish entrees ordered and both were delicious. The menu is small but varied, but it would be nice if they had some specials to offer. The prices are very fair and we especially like that it is a byob. The restaurant was a little dark. I think they should keep the lights brighter to liven things up a bit.Special Features:
- Pleasant surprisebillijohnDined on 3/21/2014We had no idea about the pre fix menu on Sunday evenings. But it was great! We shared the meat and vegetable offerings and every plate that arrived was a surprise and a delight. Excellent all around. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, anxious to please serviceTarzansgirlVIPDined on 3/21/2014The service here is friendly and keen to please, even if the food is of average execution. The portions are very generous but the kitchen needs to kick things up a notch if they are to compete with nearby Rex, Pumpkin and Sawatee restaurants, all of which have excellent cooking. most of the diners appeared to be young and on budgets, which is why the $35 prix fixe was a huge hit with most of the diners seated near me. On net, a pleasant night out, but not a venue for foodies.
- This was a great fine. OutstandingdinerDined on 3/18/2014This was a great fine. Outstanding food from start to finish. We ate early during the middle of the week so it was not that crowded. I would definitely return to try other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good valuePeterDined on 3/9/2014The food was interesting, and a good value in terms of quality and portion control. The service was excellent, not only by the server, but the chef visited several times, and answered questions. The intimacy of the restaurant added to its charm, and there was ample opportunity to chat without difficulty, refreshing now adays. This is my third visit, and I intend to go back and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/8/2014What a lovely surprise it was for us and our neighbors to find this new neighborhood gem. We loved that it is a BYOB first of all and then we found the food to be fabulous- very well prepared and delicious with much attention paid to every detail. It is a small, warm, cozy spot. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- A nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/8/2014I had never heard of this place when I stumbled on some online reviews, which were almost universally positive. The menu is fairly small and set up so that you can do either prix fixe or a la carte. The food was very good -- especially loved the wedge salad (something I would never order ordinarily, but everyone raved about it), and both of our entrees (halibut and the chicken) were very tasty. BYO keeps the price down. Some of the dishes we saw being brought out to other diners looked and smelled delicious. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazingStephVIPDined on 3/5/2014Service- stellar. Food-out of this world. Small menu, but everything to choose from was amazing. The only thing that surprised me was I had the impression it was a bit more fancy, dark, candle lit....not so much. It is a bit brighter, there was reggae music playing and the ambiance wasn't as romantic as I expected (that's my own fault for expecting that). Otherwise the food was Wonderful and we cleared our plates (and the two bottles of wine we brought!! ) Loved it- will be back.Special Features:
- March Dinner DinerReviewer7Dined on 3/4/2014It was a very good meal. Chef was very accommodating to dietary restrictions. Rare tuna was actually rare! Menu could be a bit broader. Absolutely worth a revisit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip restaurant, good foodMaryEDined on 3/2/2014The servers were attentive, funny, friendly. Nice Prix Fixe menu. The fried oreos are outrageous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Little BYO on South StreetJTPHLDined on 3/1/2014LOVE Entree!! Wonderful food, friendly service, great time with friends. The noise level was high and draft from the door opening brought in a little chill but without those things, how would you know you were in a true Philly BYO? We had a great time here and will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific calamari!146restaurantssampledVIPDined on 2/23/2014they served the best calamari in Philadelphia. beautifully pan fried; tender and delicious. my wife loved her mako shark and I had a delicious pan-seared salmon. I will go back just for the calamari.
- Great BYOB Spotsurrealme8Dined on 2/22/2014I went here for my 30th bday dinner with my bf and 12 friends. The food was so good! We went with the $35 prix fixe menu option and tried everything. I'm a pescetarian so I only had the calamari and mushroom ravioli but they were very delicious. Well-seasoned and the sauce was SO good! My bf had the steak and he said it was cooked perfectly as well as their chicken and duck, which our friends had. Everyone raved about the food and that I had made a good choice. The service was exceptional. Everyone there was very nice and accommodating. Even though we were the last group remaining there, they did not rush us at all. I highly recommend this BYOB. for amazing food & great service. FYI: The noise level was loud so not very intimate/romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/22/2014This is in my neighborhood so I was hoping for the best and I was not disappointed. I had the wedge ap which is iceberg lettuce and gorgonzola dressing. I love this retro concept but it can be done poorly. This one was excellent. The lettuce was delicate and crisp and the dressing was subtle too. And the crispy bits,on top whatever they were, were delicious. The duck was also fantastic. Really tender and perfectly cooked. I plan to go back and order it again. Also they offer a $35 prixe fix which I didn't get but seems unbelievable cheap for what you get. Hopefully this won't get so crowded that I can't get in!Special Features:
- Top notchMattDubDined on 2/22/2014The food was delicious as always. The pre fixe option was nice. Medium rare steak was done perfectly, and the fried Oreos were great. It's a smaller place, so I'd recommend making a reservation a few days in advance if you want to go on a Friday or Saturday night. Only one we could get for 4 people day of on a Saturday was at 5:30.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceP2MonDined on 2/22/2014The food and service were both outstanding. Very young staff, but they seemed well qualified.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2014We started with fried calamari best I've ever had. My girlfriend had the blood orange arugula salad very fresh and zesty. Seared duck was off the charts couldn't get enough of that sun dried cherry port Demi glaze. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.