1932 14th Ave
Vero Beach, FL 32960Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.avanzareverobeach.com/
- Phone: 7729789789
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Lawrence
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Avanzare
Fresh Italian specializing in house made ravioli and pasta and old world favorites such as short rib lasagna, veal scaloppini , bolognese pappardella and contemporary American seafood and steaks, including a grazing menu, great wine list and specialty drink cocktail listContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Avanzare - Best Restaurants in Vero Beach ›
Avanzare reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (8)notable wine list (6)romantic (5)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Delicious food and great service!LindcVIPDined on 3/8/2014Our dinner was really, really delicious and the service was very attentive and professional.Special Features:
- Avanzare Restaurant <3VeroBeachloveitDined on 3/7/2014I love Avanzare....I have been there a few times and it is always very good. I love the short rib lasagna!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in Vero Beach!BethIRCVIPDined on 3/5/2014Once again, Avanzare hit a home run in pleasing first time guests! I had clients in town from San Diego and Philadelphia this week and no one was disappointed. Everyone ordered a different entree and we shared apps with all plates cleaned at the end! Their homemade pasta is the best, so light and flavorful. You can't go wrong in any area that's for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2014Even though this was our second choice, we were glad we went. Our table was a little small for all the food that we received. Overall we would return for another meal.y
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/27/2014I'm always happy with my dining experience here. Best Italian food in Vero Beach and price is reasonable. Ambiance is the only weak point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While visiting in Vero, weHane125Dined on 2/24/2014While visiting in Vero, we went out to dinner quite a bit and Avanzare had the best food of all of them. Next time will go more than once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a nice evening with friends.RelaxedVIPDined on 2/22/2014Had a nice evening with friends. Server, very good, very attentive.Special Features:
- A Hidden Treasure at Vero BeachAnthonyIIDined on 2/22/2014Our fourth visit was as impressive as our first. Service was delightful, attentive, but not overbearing; food outstanding. A perfect start to an evening out. Dirty Oysters; Escargot; Grilled Salad with Gorgonzola,Chicken with eggplant and penne, Veal Picatta, Tenderloin Medallions, house made breads and pastas, and a basil infused olive oil. Each dish prepared and served to perfection.Special Features:
- Delicious!Watson2Dined on 2/21/2014This was our first time visiting Avenzare and we will defiantly be coming back! We kept hearing how great the cuisine was and I have to say it exceeded our expectations! We will defiantly be making this restaurant a regular on our nights out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Food and Great ServiceRandyDined on 2/20/2014Best Artichoke Franchese, the Parmesan Souffle over mushrooms was fantastic, The Veal Parm was served over a bed asparagus and arugula. My Filet was perfect, a super choice piece of meat, the sauce was to die for and the garlic home fry style of potatoes were the best and temperature hottest I have ever had. Overall the dinner was one of the most delicious we have ever had the pleasure of. And to top it off the dessert Caramel Banana Bread Pudding was served warm and moist and totally topped off the evening with a blast of sugary flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great comfort foodBeckyDined on 2/18/2014Avanzare is a real neighborhood gem. The food was very good, the menu is comprehensive and the wine list is diverse. There were six of us celebrating birthday's, and the waitstaff was very attentive and prompt. We would definitely return for another meal at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Dayh1h2Dined on 2/14/2014Very relaxed place with a nice menu. Was told by a friend later to try the beef brisket lasagna, his favorite. Food was very good, veal piccata was excellent. Pasta dish had some spice to it which my wife enjoyed. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Relaxed atmosphere, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2014Relaxed atmosphere, great service and all 3 of us enjoyed our various dishes. We each had something different- veal, lamb and duck- and loved our own dishes as well as those of the other two diners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely OutstandingfloridacapsDined on 2/7/2014We took our Italian friends from South Carolina to Avanzare and as always it did not disappoint us in any way. Every part of the meal was appropriately timed and delicious. The ambiance was superb and the wait staff incredible. We had a perfect wine to enhance the evening and the meal. We had shrimp and lobster with both the scampi and fra diavalo and a veal dish. Delicioso!! Love the grilled caesar salad and the pina colada granita to cleanse the palate. Finished off an incredible meal with Lemoncello cake and chocolate gelato that were both outstanding. It is our favorite Italian restaurant on the Treasure Coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, great serviceMoondanceDined on 2/1/2014We brought our foodie friends to Avanzare because we enjoy dining there. The salmon tartare was delicious. We will definitely try the steak tartare next time. We all enjoyed the grilled caesar salad - great smoky flavors. The veal saltimbaca was served with garlic potato cubes that I couldn't stop eating. The meal was just right - not too heavy and full of flavors. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsWendySDined on 1/22/2014I love this restaurant! We were offered an early bird menu that was super reasonable and offered lots of choices. Wine was great. Server was fantastic. Avanzare has been consistently-good for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingHappydinerDined on 1/18/2014I have dined at Avanzare several times over the past two years and I have never been disappointed. The food is outstanding, the portion sizes are large enough to share, and I have always had excellent service. I even love sitting at the bar, if a table isn't available. I like that the restaurant isn't too stuffy and formal, although the quality of the food is what you would find in a more uptight setting. This restaurant is a reliable place to dine when you want really good food in a cozy setting.Special Features:
- Wonderful ItalianJimYorkDined on 1/11/2014Our dinners,salads, and espresso were all fantastic. Their fresh house-made pasta is always great no matter what form you have it in. Our waitress made two excellent recommendations for me for entree and wine that both turned out exactly to my taste. Everything was served correctly and in a timely manner. The small grilled Caesar is also great. And the bill was quite reasonable too.Special Features:
- Great findIreneDined on 1/8/2014We have a vacation home in vero and every time we come here we like to try different restaurant by far this was the best great food and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great linguineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014Linguine with clam sauce was great. Probably best I ever hadSpecial Features:
- LasagnaTmoneyDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I went there new year's eve and enjoyed our experience a lot. Service was excellent and the food was better. Def going back soon and getting the same meal. Short Rib Lasagna is a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteRogerDined on 12/27/2013We dine here every time we're in the area. They use fresh ingredients often crafting them on site. Good selection and great value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost Al FornosPatMVIPDined on 12/23/2013Greeted with a taste of a goat cheese bruchetta was just the warm-up. The artichokes francais are the best and come with dollops of fresh spinach. We also tried the gnudis - unbelievable. Light and incredibly delicious. The parmesan encrusted chicken was unbelievable. The short-rib lasagna was a big hit as were all the dishes (there were 5 of us). The restaurant gives you a palate cleanser between courses and this time it was a pina colada shaved ice. The chef is fantastic. And the lemoncello/sauvignon blanc martinis are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about this restaurantGMD47VIPDined on 11/29/2013Everything about this restaurant is very good except the food. Although my wife liked her veal dish my lasagna bolognese was extremely greasy.Special Features:
- Don't be fooled!!!onvacaDined on 11/16/2013When you drive up to Avanzare, you look at the outside and say, should we go in?? Don't make the wrong choice. One of the best restaurants that we have dined at in years. The food and service were out of this world. My only regret is that we didn't stumble upon it sooner. Great find in the Vero Beach area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerPattiInFloridaDined on 11/16/2013Good dinner, very loud, so hard to talk while dining. No windows. Italian was very good, and great service.Special Features:
- one of our favoritesroser30Dined on 11/8/2013We have loved this restaurant since it opened and have never had a bad meal. the service is always great. It is our go to place when friends or family are visiting.Special Features:
- Night outVerobeachbabeDined on 11/7/2013We had a fabulous time at Avanzare. Our server was great and the food and drinks were fantastic. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly very goodEatwell22Dined on 11/5/2013Several meals here, means we keep coming back. However, some have been so so, others great. The noise level is "energetic" as your rating system alowes, we think it is just noisy and hard to converse. Considering the high percentage of paying customers are seniors, the noise could be an issue. All in all, though, this is a good spot, good food and very friendly and attentive wait staff. It is fun and a good meal. Also a good value. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GempeteDined on 11/2/2013We've passed A many times in 6 years here, finally stopped. One of the best restaurants in town. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- I had the Bolognese dish andMike44Dined on 11/1/2013I had the Bolognese dish and was extremely disappointed. Plenty of pasta, lots of tomatoes, but quite skimpy on the meat sauce. My wife's Zuppa de Pesche was full of sea food and noodles, which she enjoyed quite a bit.
- Friday dinner Oct 25CherieVIPDined on 10/25/2013We have dined here before in both small and large groups. First time eating in the room in the back. Service was not attentive which is the first time that has happened. We constantly had to ask for things for the table inclusing utensils and sugar for Iced tea! Waitress seemed to be in a hurry whenever she was at the table. There were empty tables and our reso wasn't until 8:00 which is late for this area so not quite sure why. Bit disappointed in this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!LindcVIPDined on 10/18/2013We always enjoy our meal at Avanzare. Just really good authentic Italian food and good service. My husband had a delicious Snapper dish and I opted for the house made Ravioli. Absolutely love the basil olive oil that they serve with their crusty bread---so good! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Not as Good As UsualChocolateDivaDined on 10/10/2013We've been customers for years & this has been one of our top 2 choices in Vero restaurants. It often tends to get too noisy for conversation there, but there were so few people that it was rather quiet this time. Our last visit was not up to the usual standard. Several of our favorite menu items were no longer available. There seemed to be lots of staff changes as well. Maybe we just hit an off night. We'll try them again.Special Features:
- First time1sttimeDined on 9/20/2013Well, the food was delicious .. but a just a real local type of place. Nothing fancy ..almost has a "wanna be" feel to it but is generic. Did mention it was a special evening for a birthday...And absolutely nothing was done by staff or management .Oh well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findRogerDined on 9/14/2013The food and service was fabulous. The food was clearly prepared from fresh ingredients and largely if not wholly prepared in their kitchen.Special Features:
- AMAZING!! We found this gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2013AMAZING!! We found this gem of a restaurant during our visit to Vero Beach last year. Loved it so much the first night that we went back the very next night. This year did not disappoint either! Visited twice again this year. First night, we had the gnudi...awesome! Also had the salmon & lobster risotto. Both were terrific! Second night we had the gnudi again, this time with a different sauce...awesome again! We had the filet & lasagna for our main course. Both were so outstanding that we could not decide which dish was better. Staff was very attentive & gave awesome recommendations. Looking forward to multiple visits on our next trip in May!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2013Outstanding service by staff. Special attention paid to details. We dined at this restaurant to celebrate our 30th anniversary. When we entered the restaurant and told the hosts our name, they greeted us with "happy anniversary" before taking us to our table. In addition, we were each given a complimentary glass of champagne. Very appreciative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousLindcVIPDined on 8/17/2013Another fantastic dining experience. I always have a difficult time deciding what to order, this time I had the home-made ravioli. So good! Great service with Amanda, nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.