1932 14th Ave
Vero Beach, FL 32960Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.avanzareverobeach.com/
- Phone: 7729789789
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Lawrence
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Avanzare
Fresh Italian specializing in house made ravioli and pasta and old world favorites such as short rib lasagna, veal scaloppini , bolognese pappardella and contemporary American seafood and steaks, including a grazing menu, great wine list and specialty drink cocktail listContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Avanzare - Best Restaurants in Vero Beach ›
Avanzare reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (6)special occasion (6)good for groups (5)romantic (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ElsaDined on 10/4/2014We were overwhelmed; it was soooooo good. Kudos to the chef. You can tell that each dish is created with the love of being a chef. Each dish was unique, pastas were home made and the shell fish was cooked to perfection. This is definitely not a chain restaurant menu as you can tell it is created with originality and perfection. We are definitely coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike44Dined on 10/3/2014The Carbarnera with shrimp was far too salty for me to enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Vero's Best!TCfoodieDined on 10/3/2014As alway's Avanzare is one of Vero's best! Always great food ,great atmosphere, great service and a friendly staff. Avanzare is a great spot for foodies who appreciate good food.always a pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avanzare -eveningwisteriaDined on 10/1/2014I went for the Restaurant Week prix fixe menu they were offering to give them a try. For $25 and 3 pasta dishes, it was a good deal. It is a bit noisy in there but it is also cozy and befitting an Italian restaurant. I had the mushroom pappardelle, the scallop/bacon cous-cous and the pork belly/shrimp gnudi - all very good with the portions small and tasty. I would definitely suggest them to someone wanting to try something different for Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentjettgumboDined on 9/24/2014Always a pleasure to eat here. We've been dining there since they first opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must!WheninVeroDined on 9/13/2014We spend a week in Vero every year and start our vacation with a trip to Avanzare for dinner. Always fabulous! Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinnerveroDined on 8/30/2014Great friendly waitress and fabulous meal. terrific valueSpecial Features:
- Very nice and very good serviceVero1bobDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant has average decor but makes up with this shortfall with great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Our waitress, Stacy, was overly familiar with us which made all of us uncomfortable. When one of our party asked which wine we could pick for the summer menu, Stacy actually hit her on the head with the menu and called her stupid! She also served one man at our table by reaching over another diner while she was eating. She was not at all professional. The food was delicious, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantspringerDined on 7/10/2014We have eaten here numerous times and enjoyed it every time. Last night was no exception. The food is some of the best in town, and the serving size always means lunch tomorrow. Relaxing, friendly staff, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindForkandironDined on 7/5/2014I was taken to dinner here a few months ago and have recommended it to several friends. I was able to take some freinds there this weekend and it will be their new favorite resturant. We had 6 in our party nad everone had something different and ALL loved their dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodwillowDined on 7/4/2014It is always a special occasion dining at this restaurant. The food is always very good and the staff is attentive and experienced in the menu. We always enjoy our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back:)HungryitaliansDined on 7/4/2014Excellent food. Menu selection was great and they even prepared a special request. Service was excellent. Next time we are in Bero we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 72 reviews are from the Avanzare reviews archive.
- Enjoyed Our DinnerBTLoverDined on 6/21/2014Overall, enjoyed the food at Avanzare. For the prices, we expected the food to be very good. We have eaten at many fine dining restaurants and I would say that the food was very good (we have had better and we have had worse.) We were happy with our service/server but were a bit disappointed that he did not advise us that there would be a $3.00 up charge to have the grilled caesar salad rather than a regular caesar salad. All of the food arrived in a reasonable amount of time. Personally, I feel the ambiance in this restaurant is lacking. The interior is very dark and rather plain and small. Just didn't enjoy the atmosphere in this restaurant nearly as much as most others.Special Features:
- Everything was 5 starsLovetoeatDined on 6/14/2014Thoroughly enjoyed this experience. Food was fantastic. Wine affordable and delicious. Service was excellent! Cowboy steak was cooked perfect toy as was the filet Gorgonzola our dining guests enjoyed. The yellow tail snapper was delightful! Recommend this and will go back to try some of the other menu items that intrigued us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuabcdefgDined on 6/14/2014The food is always excellent and the service typically is as well - but not this time. Bad draw I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTurtletopDined on 6/9/2014We were visiting from out of town, this restaurant was recommended by some locals we talked to on the beach. Great food ! We loved the Monday Chefs special. We will go back , next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014One of our go-to restaurants in Vero Beach. The food, service and experience always far exceeds our expectations! We take all our family/friends that come through town to this place and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- AnneSatterleeDined on 5/30/2014Wonderful, cosy dining experience! Food and presentation were grand. I will be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plus Plus!localguyDined on 5/23/2014The food experience is always wonderful and the service is great. Vero is fortunate to have this great gem in the middle of downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTCfoodieDined on 5/21/2014A great neighborhood gem! Great food,service, and atmosphere. While there you must try the bacon and onion oysters! and finish off the meal with the freshly made bread pudding!HEAVEN!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itloveditDined on 5/19/2014GOOD FOOD ... GOOD SERVICE ... AS for Italian in Vero Beach, only SCampi and Avanzare deserve any merit ... the top 2 by farSpecial Features:
- Very goodRdubDined on 5/17/2014Have wanted to try it for a while. Glad we did the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent5staropinionDined on 5/10/2014The food and portions were amazing.Service was top notch and never needed to look for our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/9/2014One of the best meals we have ever enjoyed. Soups, salads and main courses were all outstanding. Service was excellent. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in VeroElisecody1Dined on 4/26/2014Avanzare gets better and better. I always see people I know and that makes it fun. Our server, Melissa, was great! Very knowledgable with a fantastic, fun personality. The short rib lasagna is to die for. My three companions loved what they ordered, all different, but wished they had mine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!DottyJVIPDined on 4/25/2014We enjoyed yet another fabulous dinner at Avanzare!Special Features:
- Outstanding!BethIRCVIPDined on 4/25/2014Sat at the bar and enjoyed the lively conversation with fellow patrons and took Chris the bartender's recommendation for the Black Grouper - EXCELLENT. My appetizer of the Artichoke Francaise. You can never go wrong at Avanzare in my book!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Lover's HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/25/2014OMG the food is outstanding! The short rib lasagna, as advertised, is ridiculously good. The bolognese papardelle (sp) was equally good. It's dark in there but the food is good I would go back any chance I get! The artichoke francais appetizer - to die for!Special Features:
- Poor acousticsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Back room very loud, unable to hear people across ur table!!! Steak tart are was amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad tablemj123Dined on 4/19/2014While the food at Avanzare was excellent, we were disappointed with our table for two. The table was small and stuffed in the path from the front door to the dining room. Every time the front door open, I was blinded by the sun. The restaurant was very noisy too. This is two visits in a row where my husband and I were less than thrilled.Special Features:
- Superba esperienza culinariaLaDolceVitaDined on 4/18/2014Try their short-rib lasagna and you will become a fan! Excellent service and ambience. A real winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantdreamgirlyVIPDined on 4/16/2014Wonderful food, great service...love it. Food is fresh, well prepared, always great.Special Features:
- Great Italian food!DCCVBFLDined on 3/29/2014Great food! Great, friendly service! Creative menu! A Vero Beach favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate their twice. First timeAnneDined on 3/27/2014Ate their twice. First time was close to 8pm, quite noisy. Second time was 5pm, quiet. The food is really good, the baked bread, appetizers wonderful. Mango sorbet to cleanse our palettes. Main courses were quite good, per each of us. The gelato the real thing. Cocktails generous. Waitress the first time very good, didn't get her name. Waiter Bruce the second time very good plus funny. So, yes, we would go again, probably early in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Angry Shrimp Rule !!!RandyDined on 3/26/2014Angry Shrimp with Carmelized Pink Grapefruit is just a unique combination, the Parmesan Souffle over pureed peas with Basil is my wife's favorite, and the Parmesan Crusted Chicken is so Good I have not been tempted to try the Short Rib Lasagna but the next time I promise I will try the Short Ribs. The grilled Cesar salad has a smoky grilled flavor that is fantastic. Overall one of the best restaurants we have ever been to. The dishes are serverd super hot and the plates are too !!!!! Keep up the great food !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable evening ...goodChazz28Dined on 3/26/2014Very enjoyable evening ...good food great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteVBdinerDined on 3/25/2014The food is out of this world -- Grilled Caesar Salad and Shrimp Rolatini -- wow. Welcoming relaxed atmosphere and the care taken by the chef, owners and staff stands out. We always enjoy an evening at Avanzare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itroser30Dined on 3/22/2014We always love this place and have never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImaginativeKenMDined on 3/21/2014We found the menu to be imaginative, the food very good, the wine list well-stocked, our server, Margo, exceptional, the pace relaxed. We'd go again, and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.