Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table
52 Speedwell Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07960Neighborhood:
PortuguesePrice: $30 and under
Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.olivelucys.com/
- Phone: 9739988333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Portuguese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering available for private parties and corporate events
A word from Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table
Olive Lucy"s is where Pasta Meats Paella!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table - Best Restaurants in Morristown ›
Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (57)special occasion (38)hot spot (35)romantic (26)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great food and service but noisyBunnymomVIPDined on 4/12/2014We visited Olive Lucy last Saturday night and totally enjoyed the experience. The menu was varied and the delivered food did not disappoint. The acoustics in the restaurant were not great but the activity level was very energetic. We would recommend Olive Lucy without doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ears are still ringing!Pal1Dined on 4/12/2014Portuguese calamari appetizer was very good as was the stuffed mushrooms. The salmon and the short ribs were enjoyed by our friends, however the blue crab ravioli was disappointing. The pasta was very hard and undercooked. The sauce was almost non-existent, so the dish was very dry and tasteless. What really spoiled the evening was the non- stop deafening noise level. We could not hear our waitress and servers. Worst of all we could not even have a conversation with our friends. It was so uncomfortable we did not order dessert because we just wanted to get out of there. We left so disappointed and will probably never go back.Special Features:
- great service for special occasionanniversarycoupleDined on 4/12/2014First, I can't say enough about the atmosphere of this restaurant. I love love love the decor! I made a reservation online and mentioned it was our anniversary. Because of this, we were given a large, comfortable booth that I assume is usually reserved for parties of at least 4. The staff were all VERY attentive and checked on us often to ensure we were comfortable and satisfied. I would call the menu 'eclectic', but there were plenty of options and variety and we enjoyed everything we ordered. We did not feel rushed at all, and as I said, the service was excellent. I will say that this restaurant is pricey, but well worth it for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucy's is GREATslodowyDined on 4/12/2014Great food, great service, affordable - will be going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud, food good not spectacularlatelunchVIPDined on 4/11/2014Too loud, food good not spectacular, service forgotten response was 'oh' .
- Perfect date nightSaraMarieDined on 4/11/2014Food was delicious! The restaurant was packed (glad we made reservations for a Friday night), but this didn't impact the service. Food was delivered quickly and our server was wonderful. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodelt2192Dined on 4/5/2014Portugese mussels and paella were amazing!!! Meatball appetizer and the lobster bisque special were great also. Bisque wasn't too heavy. Definitely would come back here just for appetizers! Also BYOB, you really can't beat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Staff are great.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2014Food and Staff are great. would return during the week when it is quieter>I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedfrankDined on 4/4/2014I was very pleased with the restauant as far as the appearance, food and staffSpecial Features:
- Great Experiencemama73Dined on 4/4/2014My husband and I had come here and had a great meal the first time. The second time we brought 2 other couples and everyone had an equally great experience. The food here is really solid and delicious. The atmosphere is very city-like and the servers have been top-notch. We were treated to singing Friday night from one of the servers that had tried out on The Voice. Lots of fun! I hope that everyone comes out and supports this restaurant to keep it around. It truly is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereScookDined on 4/2/2014This was our first time and it will not be our last. Appetizer selection is great, you could come and get a bunch of appetizers and be very satisfied! It's BYOB but they will make any wine into a sangria for you. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic and Exciting!kaybeeVIPDined on 3/29/2014This was my first visit to Olive Lucy's and I truly loved it. The restaurant is just bustling with excitement and everyone there was having such a great time. The food was amazing and the service superb. Definitely try the Lobster Mac & Cheese - so creamy, cheesy and full of chunks of lobster. Beware, though... this restaurant is very loud and if you are looking for a cozy, intimate table for two - this might not be for you. But, if you are looking for a great, energetic BYO - definitely come here!!Special Features:
- First dining experience Olive LucyMagooDined on 3/29/2014This is my first time dining here. This was recommended by another friend. So we chose this restaurant. The noise inside was very loud. This place needs a better acoustic for people to hear each other. Our server was kinda slow. I ordered the cod entrée and it wasn't really nothing special about it. I was not impressed. When we were served our dessert, my friends ordered gelato and crème brulee and the servers gave them a fork as oppose to a spoon. Your servers should be more conscious of what they do. First impression means a lot to me. I don't I will recommend your restaurant to my other friends.
- Amazing food and friendly servers!bruclorDined on 3/29/2014Great atmosphere and food was amazing. Service was excellent. Friendly staff and very efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreRonzo1162Dined on 3/29/2014The menu was interesting, fook ok, decor ok, service was good, very noise and there was no abvience - we came early before the Sat crowd and the restaurant was virtually empty with an exception of a few tables and instead of them setting each of us away from each other for privacy they clumped us together which may be good for their wait staff but it really was not very conducive to a private conversation. The openess, loud atmosphere really takes awary from the food and service, will not go back.
- I'm coming back!promolizDined on 3/28/2014My first time at Olive Lucy and definitely not my last. Enjoyed a great night - terrific food and super friendly staff. The noise level was a little loud, but it just showed that everyone there was having a great time. Next time I go, I would try and get a booth in the back to see if the noise level is not as high. But all in all I loved i,t and I'm looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to MorristownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014Great addition to Morristown - better than average food with an interesting menu, nice ambiance, owner seemed like he was very interested in pleasing patrons. Only issue was noise level -- very difficult to have a conversation -- too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat....KimWDined on 3/27/2014If you get the chance to dine at Olive Lucy's you will get quite a treat. The ambience is very lively. A great place for a girls night out or a romantic dinner or a couples night out. The food is amazing and very creative. BYOB helps make this an affordable dining experience. Each time I have dined here, I have had tremendous service experience. The staff is super friendly. I highly recommend dining at Olive Lucy's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back soon!DatenightmomDined on 3/21/2014Friday night reservation - seated quickly- the service was attentive & pleasant. Ordered tomato soup & scallops - delicious!!! My group was happy with their meals as well!!! The only negative - it became loud as restaurant filled up. Beautiful restaurant - def one of my favorites in morristown!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love OlivesantoliniVIPDined on 3/20/2014We always have an excellent meal here. The mussels appetizer is one of our favorites; the short ribs and crab cakes are great too. Didn't have any of the pastas this time, but I am thinking about them right now! Service is superior -- the staff is friendly and responsive. There is an obvious effort to make your visit to Olive Lucy's a rewarding and delicious one. And if you are lucky to be there when Joey sings (usually Friday and Saturday nights), it's an added treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOB a little unusual, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2014BYOB a little unusual, but the food was great! Try the pork chop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet night outSistasOutDined on 3/17/2014It was a Monday night, so it was quiet at the restaurant. And that was perfect for my sister-in-law and me to have 'catch up' time. We had different pasta dishes, one ravioli, one penne vodka, and both were delicious. Enjoyed bringing wine to the BYOB. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new eateryMartydocVIPDined on 3/14/2014First time at this restaurant. Very impressed with the paella and my wife's salmon. The service was good and we have now found a new casual dining for MorristownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014Went with 3 friends on a Saturday night. Despite crowd, we were seated right away. From the moment we walked in, everyone was friendly and service was excellent. Menu offers great variety - scallops were really tasty - and friends loved the ravioli and the salmon. Bring a bottle of wine and they'll mix you a pitcher of margaritas! Great buzz and energy, good food - terrific friendly service - highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great food. Portuguese-styleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Great food. Portuguese-style mussels appetizer is a must. Entree portions are small and pricey relative to their size, especially in comparison to the Portuguese restaurants in the Ironbound in Newark. But, the flavor of the dishes are incredible. Recommend the paella. Recommend the raspberry mousse cake or the pecan icecream cake for dessert. BYOB and they will mix it into sangria if you request. Decor of the restaurant is contemporary and neat. Friendly staff. The restaurant can get crowded and subsequently loud. Some tables are cramped and close together, almost bumping elbows with the neighboring table. Recommendations highly recommended for peak weekend times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service couldn’tBruceDined on 3/8/2014Food and service couldn’t be better, we will be back Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantNYCFoodieVIPDined on 3/8/2014Olive Lucy's was fun, hip and sophisticated. They don't have a liquor license so it's BYOB. The shrimp in garlic sauce appetizer was tasty but the shrimps were disappointingly small, reminded me of bait. On your first visit I strongly recommend the short ribs entrée, it will melt in your mouth and bursting of flavor. Others at my table had the paella and the mariscados which were both very good. You'll have a great time and the restaurant has a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Big DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/8/2014I made a 6:45pm reservation for Olive Lucy's. As we were being seated at the table by the hostess we were told "Just so you know we have an 8:15 reservation for 25 and will need this table... but don't worry - you won't be rushed." We watched as the table next to us was served their entree as the appetizer was being cleared.. not a good sign. We decided to only order an appetizer to see if we could slow down the pace a little . After we ate delicious mussels in a jalapeno sauce the waiter arrived to quickly take our dinner order. I told him that unless they could move us to another table we would not be ordering dinner. Needless to say we were brought the check and left without having dinner. A big disappointment -
- Showcase MorristownSwissmissDined on 3/7/2014I was looking for a cool atmosphere to take my brother and his girlfriend when they came to visit. My co-worker recommended Olive Lucy's and it was the perfect spot! The food was amazing and the sangria was delicious. We kept on commenting how much we loved the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!NewportjoDined on 3/7/2014What a wonderful dining experience....Five star food, attentive service, and a contemporary, yet cozy atmosphere! Yet another reason to enjoy Morristown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!BertsDined on 3/7/2014This is my third time going to Olive Lucy's and every time it gets better! The food is great and the service is exceptional. It's the perfect place for a nice dinner with friends or for a special occasion. It gets really busy on the weekends so you need a reservation. I would definitely recommend Olive Lucy's to anyone looking for great food and a atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun decor, good food, great vibefoodierVIPDined on 3/1/2014Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table is a creative fusion of Italian and Portuguese. The mushroom appetizer was delicious. Loved sopping up the sauce with the soft dinner rolls. The "house-favorite" short ribs were heavenly. The restaurant has a cute quirkiness about it, such as upside down strainers for lights and wine bottle chandeliers. Look forward to coming back and trying other things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in MorristownWineLifeMagDined on 2/28/2014They've been open a year now and all the initial kinks are gone. Vibrant scene on the weekend (average age is most likely 28-35), make a reservation because the days of walking in are over. BYO which does it for me. Haven't had a bad meal, prefer the Pork Chop Lucy or the short ribs, but those i've dined with say the pasta and fish is just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs upSTEVEEDined on 2/28/2014Was given a warm greeting by the owners before and after my meal. Salad was superb. Meal was well prepared and a generous portion. BYOB makes this a reasonable attraction.Special Features:
- Don't Let Its Prettiness Fool YouCheeseNomoDined on 2/25/2014a reservation was made & confirmed via Open Table, but not honored, even though the restaurant was empty when we arrived. we were seated, perused the menu and were then informed of all the items that were unavailable that day... iced tea & romaine lettuce for the Caesar salad, among other things. hard to believe. we were told they were expecting a delivery shortly. the ravioli dish i ordered was filled with ingredients NOT listed on the menu and was missing those ingredients that were listed. awful. even though they were busy decorating the nearly empty restaurant for St. Patrick's Day, you got the feeling the writing was on the wall and they were preparing to shut down. it would be a wise decision on the owner's part.
- I ordered a steak... mayberichVIPDined on 2/22/2014I ordered a steak... maybe I should have tried the paella... I asked the waiter what their medium was and he said pink throughout and it came back well done.... The fries were home made... not quite to my liking.... I have enough points for open table that I come up as VIP.. and I had a small table enroute to the kitchen with wait staff coming thru all the time... This is the poorest recommendation I have given to any restaurant on open table... Maybe I should have tried something else on the menu... Its a Portuguese place...
- Wowwed at Olive Lucy'sMototimVIPDined on 2/20/2014This was my first visit and I was utterly impressed. Service was first rate and food was fantastic. Try the pork chops, ravioli and their specialty- ribs. You get a real family owned feel and they truly care that you are their customer. Parking deck is right across the street, making it easy to get to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceDanielDined on 2/15/2014I went to Olive Lucy's Kitchen saturday night on valentines day weekend with my girlfriend. The entire staff was very courteous / professional. For appetizers we ordered calamari in balsamic sauce along with a caprese salad. I enjoyed both of them. My girlfriend thought the calamari had to much batter. For entrees I had the Rigatoni / sausage / penne sauce and my girlfriend had the salmon. I wasn't in love with the pasta. I wasn't aware that the sausage was grinded up into the sauce. I was expecting full sausage pieces which I would have preferred better. My gf enjoyed the salmon. All in all we had a good experience. The decor is nice and the place had an upbeat vibe going on. I will be back, but not for the rigatoni! Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty, but missing substancebankerfoodieDined on 2/15/2014This restaurant has the making of a great, fun place. It is gorgeous. For us, the restaurant still needs to work on the little things that make a big difference. Wait-staff was friendly, but mediocre. Due to a small language barrier, one of us got the wrong salad and our waiter was like, oh well - you liked it though right? and walked away before even hearing the answer. Then, when one of the desserts we ordered wasn't availabe he mentined it walking by but didn't ask if we wanted something else or anything. Then it was a birthday - they wrote Happy B. day on the plate, and sang to the wrong person. Nothing major, the food was decent, ambiance was decent but for a top-notch dining experience this is not your place.
- Took the girlfriend here forJJinNCDined on 2/14/2014Took the girlfriend here for Valentine's. Great food and atmosphere. Would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.