1634 Beacon Street
Brookline, MA 02445Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fireplacerest.com/
- Phone: 6179751900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Mid-Day menu: Daily: 2:30pm - 5:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jim Solomon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fans of our rustic yet upscale fare at The Fireplace can also enjoy our locally sourced food at private events. Show off your home. Or pick the perfect place for a business outing, wedding or charity gala. We"ve got connections with some pretty magical New England venues.
- Private Party Facilities: The upscale but homey ambiance of The Fireplace makes for unforgettable gatherings. Parties as small as fourteen and as large as ninety fit perfectly into our cozy but comfortable confines.
- Private Party Contact: Laurie Stuehmer 6179751900
- Entertainment: We love good music almost as much as we love good food. Join us at The Fireplace for some cool jazz and hot Latin music on the first Wednesdays and Thursdays of each month at The Fireplace. Shows start at 9:30pm.
- Special Events: Your credit card on file will be charge $25 per person if a cancellation is not made within 48 hours.
A word from The Fireplace
The Fireplace located in Brookline Massachusetts is a cosmopolitan New England Grill serving food with integrity while celebrating the bounty of the region and its Colonial influences. In addition to being the 1st Certified Green Restaurant in Boston, the restaurant has won numerous awards and mentions including Outstanding Wine List (Wine Spectator 2013), Chocolate Madness WinnerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Fireplace reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (84)fit for foodies (75)special occasion (41)romantic (38)great for brunch (32)good for groups (29)great for lunch (26)notable wine list (16)kid-friendly (16)great for outdoor dining (16)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Bad service - food is okJoanneVIPDined on 1/25/2014I went here for the Super Hunger Brunch. Even though I have made reservation, the girl who was sitting us has caused a lot of issues; ended up giving away our table to other people in the restaurants. Other than that, the food is ok. I probably will not come back anytime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fantastic althoughAKLEINVIPDined on 1/25/2014The food was fantastic although the service left a little to be desired. Not sure if they were under staffed but there was only one hostess and even with a reservation it took close to ten minutes to be seated. If we had not had a reservation not sure we would have been able to eat here so a reservation for brunch is a must! And given that every table was taken, I felt like other servers and what appeared to be the manager did a better job helping us out then our own server. I would still tell people to go here but be prepared for a long meal, which for me is more than alright!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing service, okay foodDisappointedDined on 1/25/2014I waited a while to be seated, as the hostess noticeably swept by me multiple times to seat later-arrived parties. I felt awkward and unwelcome, but stuck it out as I had already purchased a coupon for the meal. When there was no one else left waiting, the hostess proceeded to take me to a table that was so cramped in a corner, I had to squeeze past the chairs of other diners to get to my seat, which I then had to slide into as there was no room to pull the chair back. I asked if I could be seated at the first-come, first-served bar, as others had been to enjoy brunch in relative comfort. The hostess insisted that I remain in my uncomfortable seating. The food was ok, but my experience was marred by that first 30 minutes.
- Cozy cornerFrankophileVIPDined on 1/23/2014When reserving on this frigid day, I requested a table near the fireplace, but the only ones available when we arrived were a crowded two-top and another too close to the restaurant's entrance for comfort. So my companion and I were tucked into a back corner table with a banquette, which was lovely, but may have kept us "out-of-mind," as our service was slow and our lunch hour stretched into two. Fortunately, the conversation and food were good, although the Brussels sprouts in my salad were hardly "charred," and the onions barely grilled, as described in the menu. My companion's burger looked thick and tasty, and he declared it "very good." The pear tart that we shared for dessert was the highlight of my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great restaurantBermudaDined on 1/22/2014we are just visiting Boston on Medical and we were looking for a nice restaurant for a good meal and get out of hotels. We came across this restaurant in Oct when we were here and we liked it so much we wanted to try it again when we had to return back for the winter. We love the unique type of food choices. We loved the flavors and would go any time. Coming from Bermuda we found the prices comparable to what we would pay for a good back home.Special Features:
- Nicole's Second DayTokoDined on 1/19/2014We had Nicole as our waitress and even though it was only her second day she handled things like a pro. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The food and drinks were excellent and we were made to feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2014A dozen or so of us, including friends from out of town got together recently. The food was great (no surprise), and the service was spot-on. Really helpful, coordinated, and attentive without rushing us. Perfect choice!Special Features:
- A nice neighborhood findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014A small neighborhood venue with a creative menu and locally sourced food. There are enough 'small dish' items under various categories that I ate a 'tapas' type dinner while my husband took the standard 'salad and entree' approach. The smaller dishes were creative - the pomegranate and pear salad with arugula was superb, as was the 'preview' of their winter menu clam 'chowder' (it was way more than a chowder, featuring applewood smoked bacon, celery, hand-made gnocchi and whole clams). Highlyl recommended for a nicer evening out.Special Features:
- A very lovely anniversary dinner…MeagDined on 1/15/2014Upon arrival I immediately knew this would be good. Our waiter was amazing, Josh or Joshua? Our water was filled frequently and food delivered quickly despite the busy crowd. Mostly couples surrounded us. I got the Caesar and my date got their signature burger. Both were delicious! Our waiter knew it was our third anniversary and dessert was on him! Very sweet and unexpected! Will return for future dates!Special Features:
- Night spotBBbluesDined on 1/13/2014I was in town for a BC b-ball game... looking to connect with my kids... choose this location as rated by open table. Not disappointed... good menu selection... lot's of small plates and desert options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent late night light mealmissylrpVIPDined on 1/11/2014After traveling for 6 hours, we were exhausted and hungry but it was 10:45pm. Where to eat? The Fireplace welcomed us and we had an excellent light meal. There were 4 of us and we ordered salads, soup and sandwiches. The warm lobster roll was different than I had in the past but I really enjoyed it! We would definitely return...hopefully, earlier to sample entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfying and nourishing mealJakeDined on 1/10/2014Great food and very consistent in service, ambiance, and food. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemMJIFDined on 1/10/2014Finally made it to The Fireplace and we loved it. Excellent menu with great flexibility, most items can be small plates or large plates. Very gluten-free friendly, first restaurant I've been to that serves a gluten free roll during the regular bread service. Everything the three of us had was fabulous: risotto, pomegranite and pear salad, roast brussel sprouts, short rib, duck confit salad, steak bits. We'll be back soon to explore the rest of the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great American-style foodFatboyDined on 1/10/2014Had another reliably wonderful meal. Food appears to broad audience, with refined palatesSpecial Features:
- Don't overlook the Fireplace.AnniesnannyDined on 1/5/2014With a lot of new trendy places in Washington Square grabbing the foodie headlines, it may be easy to overlook this long time quality place to dine. Don't. It is pleasant, consistent, and serves good food. The menu is imaginative but not pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveBeaconDined on 12/31/2013On Open Table I put in a request for window and second level of restaurant. I got neither. Since it was busy, I did not ask the maitre D about the request and that is probably why it didn't happen. However, I have to say that the table we did get probably turned out to be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful location, wonderfulCMF914Dined on 12/31/2013Beautiful location, wonderful owners, romantic setting if you sit by the Fireplace. Really delicious food, reasonably priced considering the outstanding ambience, service and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedPenpat2020Dined on 12/28/2013Went with my wife and another couple and had a great dinner experience. Duck special was very good as was my wife's vegetable pasta dish. "cheese board" was a bit disappointing only from the lack of actual cheese on the plate as it was a 2" x 2" x 2" chunk. Service was prompt and friendly and the bartenders were great. Sat at the bar prior to our guests arrival and made a great drink. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Cozy winter meal locationSheeshDined on 12/28/2013Cozy winter meal location, especially if you sit in the main level area where the fireplace is. Wait staff could have been a bit more attentive with drink and water refills, but otherwise the service and experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Christmas Dinner!JennDVTVIPDined on 12/25/2013What a treat! Not many restaurants are open on Christmas, so we drove about 30 minutes to Brookline. What a warm, welcoming establishment! We were seated promptly (we had reservations) right in front of the fire. Service was terrific. Friendly and warm and unobtrusive. Food was superb. Looooved the bread! I had the chicken and it was exactly the tasty comfort food I wanted. My boyfriend also loved his dish. Ambience was perfect and the vibe was lively but relaxed and quiet enough for dinner conversation. Thanks for being open on Christmas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crammed too many tables intoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/25/2013Crammed too many tables into too small a space. Food great; atmosphere so-so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas magicBooberryDined on 12/25/2013Dined by the fire, very cozy and romantic. The food was outstanding except for the Creme brûlée. Lamb, brussel sprout/ cauliflower salad, everything else so delicious . Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was sleepyJDBOSDined on 12/25/2013The food was great. The presentation on the plate was attractive. The mood in the restaurant was relaxing. The server was totally out of sink with the meal in terms of timing and attentiveness. For example, receiving our wine after we finished with the appetizer, we had to ask for a spoon several minutes after receiving soup (because we couldn't get his attention), not having sweetener when we ordered an after dinner coffee. I had to pull some out of my purse to use. I didn't have any type of beverage the last 15 minutes of my dinner. We had to keep flagging him down for basic table necessities and then he forgot us at the end and we waited a fully bussed table for the check for at least 5 minutes. It went on and on from there.Special Features:
- Christmas TreatpharmacyfrauDined on 12/25/2013Our family dined here for Christmas dinner and had a lovely meal. The waitstaff was phenomenol and very attentive without being overbearing. They had a special menu for the holiday that included many comfort foods. The butternut squash bisque was excellent. Several of us had the duck which was delicious but the portions were so large we had to take some home (not that I am complaining). The lamb and filet mignon was also excellent. Desserts were yummy and the portions were just the right size. The only negative was the overcrowding of tables in the main dining room & an AC unit that was blowing cold air on one section of the dining room resulting in several diners sending back their plates to be rewarmed (luckily they fixed it quickly)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious comfort food. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2013Delicious comfort food. We devoured our meals. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Being honestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/23/2013I'm sorry to report that all four of us were disappointed with our dinner last Monday. It's hard to find restaurants open on Mondays, so we were glad to come to The Fireplace, where I've had many lovely dinners in the past. The small plates were both too small and not flavorful enough. The pretzel bites were too many and too rich. One of our party is a vegetarian, so it's always a challenge for her to find tasty food when dining out. We'll have to come back and give it another try sometime soon in the new year.
- main eventlongftimefanDined on 12/23/2013The old-reliable lunch menu satisfied - with more than enough taste and quantity. Truly a neighborhood bright star, and a parking lot in back to round out the picture. Friends and I come here when we need recharging and attention.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceSuzieVIPDined on 12/21/2013I really enjoyed my meal at the Fireplace. I ordered three small plates of different items off of the menu and each one was delicious!! I like the idea of having the ability to choose either a small or large portion of many items on the menu. Great care was taken to provide me with plenty of gluten free options. All in all, a great dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy, gluten-free awesome-ness.CIA22Dined on 12/21/2013We went here for a special occasion and immediately fell in love with the place. Great corner location, right across from the T. And who could forgot the fireplace? Seating may be a little awkward, but the incredible service and un-pretentiousness makes up for it. Being gluten-free, not by choice, the menu blew my mind! From the lobster mac and cheese, to the warm bread, and wine selection. It was ah-mazing. I want to come back for every meal, and try everything! I have never been so impressed. Thank you so much! Please visit this place, you won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousCAllanDined on 12/21/2013Great location in the heart of Brookline. Food was delicious and he atmosphere is great. The kitchen is open to all to see and looked very clean and professional. Service was great and there is plenty of metered parking all around.Special Features:
- A Consistent FavoriteScratchDined on 12/20/2013The Fireplace is one of my 'go-to' restaurants for special occasions or occasions that I want to make special. I'm probably there 5 or 6 times a year, which doesn't make me a regular, but the friendly staff always makes me feel like they've missed me. The food is interesting -- usually modern American cuisine -- and well-prepared; the portions are reasonable without being overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening. CelebratedTargaDined on 12/19/2013Wonderful evening. Celebrated my mother's 84 th birthday.. Perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceRichDined on 12/18/2013It was the perfect location for treating my staff to a holiday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very flexibleOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/16/2013Really appreciate the gluten free menu and the willingness of the staff to adjut the menu according to what sounds delicious rather than what the menu says it comes with. Have never had a problem adjusting a dish or asking for something different. Very kind, and great attention to detail with allergiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently creative, well-executeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2013Consistently creative, well-executed, locally-sourced food. One of my all-time Greater Boston favs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013We had a group meeting at the Fireplace recently, and had a great time. The food was excellent and the atmosphere warm and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for quality of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/9/2013Caesar salad bore no resemblance to classical recipe.
- Excellent Brunch with FriendsamiapickyeaterDined on 12/8/2013A good place for brunch - food was delicious and our waiter was great. Easy parking in the neighborhood on a Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the fireplace at the FireplaceoutstandingVIPDined on 12/5/2013We went for a later dinner and were seated right by the fireplace in the lower section of the restaurant. We loved the fireplace and the warmth it generated on a cold night. The food and service were just excellent. It's a favorite restaurant for us when we visit Boston...if we lived closer we would be there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fatty brisketOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2013the brisket was almost all fat. Sent it back and switched to the tried and true scallops. Jim, the owner, did come to the table to apologize and offered us a free dessert. A welcomed touch. Won't let this stop us from going back.I would recommend this to a friend.