La Belle Epoque Wine Bistro
38 W State St
Media, PA 19063Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
La Belle Epoque Wine Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://labellebistro.com/
- Phone: 6105666808
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm. Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Loic Barnieu
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer off-site catering for your private events and parties.
- Private Party Facilities: For private parties please call 610-566-6808.
- Private Party Contact: Erin 610-566-6808
- Entertainment: We partake in all the Media Music Festivals. Check us out on Facebook to see our upcoming events.
A word from La Belle Epoque Wine Bistro
We are an authentic French Restaurant serving lunch, dinner and weekend brunch located in downtown Media, PA. For over ten years customers have been returning to Mainline Magazine's "Best French Restaurant" for excellent food, service and wine. Make sure you try Mainline Magazine's "Best Mussels" - they are a must - along with our Tuesday Night Wine Tastings and Champagne Sundays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Belle Epoque Wine Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (7)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (7)special occasion (6)romantic (3)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- This place is small whichCharliegirl1Dined on 2/14/2014This place is small which makes it feel warm and comfortable. It has a nice view of State Street in Media. The food was excellent especially the mussel appetizer. The only complaint was that there was a long wait between our appetizers and main entree. Our waiter was attentive and helpful especially with our wine selection. It was the perfect place to have a Valentine's romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeKCblinddateblessedDined on 2/14/2014This is a place we love. A special treat is sitting at the bar, enjoying their mussels, and doing a flight of wines. If you're sitting at a table, be sure to ask for Wes. He is delightful and outstanding.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJohnDined on 2/8/2014Had a great experience at this restaurant. Met two other friends there for the first time and all four had a great time. Food was very good and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great nightDoctorJVIPDined on 2/5/2014Enjoyed dinner at the bar on this visit. Kem was exceptional, very helpful with the wine selection, and a pleasure to chat with during our meal.Special Features:
- Bad experienceLuv2dineDined on 2/1/2014We realized this was a small place but we were seated by the hostess, the front door and cleaning supplies. No effort was made to try to accommodate us even though we had reservations for a long time. We were told they were completely booked but yet no less than five tables stayed available for 45 minutes while we were there. Fortunately a spot opened at the bar to salvage the evening. The hostess was not helpful. Our waitress and bartender were very nice and accomodating however. For the prices, it left us with a bad taste.
- Reliable traditional FrenchWhitDined on 1/19/2014I've been here three times; once the service was off, but otherwise Belle Époque has been reliable for the sort of informal French dining I most enjoy. No nouvelle cuisine or fusion stuff, but a very nice duck in raspberry sauce. The green beans were undercooked (do you have to be in France to get vegetables just right?) but a terrific golden beet and apple soup for starters, and a chocolate mousse to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite french bistro!CindylouDined on 1/19/2014Mussels are the best! Filet incredible! Crepes super! Hanger steak awesome! Roadted chicken perfect! Do not leave without having a Nutella crepe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy FoodOpieDined on 1/18/2014Extensive menu makes this French restaurant perfect for brunch or lunch. The vegetarian panini was delicious and large enough so that half the panini became a late night snack later. The beet salad was delicious but there was no indication on the menu or by the server that this was a constructed salad that had very little lettuce. The crepes were delicious and it was a big plus that breakfast-type foods were available all day. The only drawback was that the server was sullen. The coffee was hot and strong--just right for ending the meal. A good restaurant for meeting a colleague or friend for lunch.Special Features:
- Choose carefullyRVEatsDined on 1/2/2014This is a lovely little French bistro...rarely very busy, which is why I like it. The escargot are fantastic, as is the Beef bourguignon. Most things are very good, but their crepes are hit 'n' miss. They're cooked into something more like a burrito and scream for fresh herbs--otherwise, they're just heavy and cheesy. Good wine list however and, trust me, stick with the Beef bourguignon. Heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- took my wife on new yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013took my wife on new years eve. we really liked the food, not a large menu but varied. from crepes to bueef burginion & tastySpecial Features:
- New Year's Eve dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013My wife, daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our Holiday dinner, The food was excellent and very well presented. I enjoyed a perfect filet mignon while my wife and daughter loved their salmon and crepe. However, our service was a little slow and, at times, inattentive. Our server was also responsible for bartending so his attention was divided all evening. Nevertheless, I look forward to many more visits to La Belle Epoque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if you can't get to France...ratbagDined on 12/27/2013La Belle Epoque is wonderful. The food is delicious, well -prepared, high quality yet devoid of pretense. There are things on their menu that you can't find many places, like real Breton crepes and a kickin' Croke Miss You (croque monsieur). I've never had anything here that has fallen short. The wine list- bottle or glass- is outstanding and unusual. (I had a Vouvray last time- sold by the glass.) Everything is made from scratch. Seasoning is subtle and balanced. Waitstaff is patient, pleasant and good-looking. I've been to France- this place is real.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vive la France!JerseyMikeDined on 12/26/2013A tossed salad, roast chicken, and whipped potatoes. Might not sound too exciting, but it's quintessential French comfort food, and one of the highlights of the menu. Add an intelligent wine list, cultured ambience, and a Nutella crepe for dessert, and you've got the makings of a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeTrishDined on 12/12/2013We really enjoyed our dinner here. You have to try the escargot. My husband didn't think he would like them but he thought they were delicious. It has a cozy atmosphere on a cold night. We had a window seat so we had a great view of all the stores nearby decorated for the holiday It was wonderful to sip our wine and watch everyone hurrying past in the cold and fallen snow, The food was delicious. We felt like we were dining in a cafe in Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good little French bistroRVEatsDined on 12/5/2013Everything you'd want for a mid-week dinner with friends. Quiet, above-average food and drink, nice atmosphere. A nice place for conversation and dinner. Had the escargot (with good bread) and Beef bourguignon, which was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close quartersbruteparrisDined on 11/16/2013We went here kinda last minute. Wanted to try something new. It's in a great location in the heart of Media. Inside is small and very tightly packed. We sat at a table for 2. Which was very small and uncomfortably close to the other tables. We both had the French onion soup. Which was a little sweet for my taste. My wife had no comment on it. I had the filet mignon. It was very good. Tender and cooked perfectly. My wife had the crepes. She literally took 2 bites and left the rest. She said it was dry and bland. The woman seared next to me said the same thing about hers. We ended with creme brule. It was very good.not sure we would eat here again.Special Features:
- Always a consistent experienceDoctorJVIPDined on 11/5/2013Quaint, typically quiet, small intimate setting. Food is always excellent, wine by the glass choices always good.Special Features:
- Food was made to order andWine2Dined on 11/2/2013Food was made to order and fresh. If you are in a hurry, would recommend dining here when you have the time to enjoy your meal, wine and company. Our waitress was very friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, great potentialGeneVIPDined on 11/2/2013This is a cute restaurant with lots of potential. The hostess could use some training, or a different attitude. We arrived on time for our 6pm reservation, and were squeezed into a tiny table for two. We asked for a different table, but the hostess said that the computer had assigned us to that table, she could not do anything about it. (In the last five years this is the first time we have asked for a different table at any restaurant). When we left at 7:30 there were still several tables for two that had not been occupied. We did like our server, and the food was acceptable, although not at the level of similar bistro restaurants in Philadelphia, like Zinc, Caribou, Bistrot La Minette, or Bistro St. Tropez.
- Date NightMediajaneDined on 11/2/2013One of my Media favorites. Always friendly, courteous service. Great food---and the wine bar is the best in town!Special Features:
- Couldn't Decide What to Eat!StuffedDined on 10/27/2013There are so many delicious-sounding choices on the menu, it's hard to decide which to choose. All three of us really enjoyed our omelette, panino and eggs benedict. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and drinks experiencebertieDined on 10/26/2013Have been there two times in October and liked it both times. Restaurant is rather small so tables are on the small side and pretty close together. Red wine selection was good and the candied ginger cocktail with sparking wine was really delicious. A dining companion had a Mojito which was really good. Liked the mussels and crepes especially the fish and lamb ones. I did find the lamb crepe to be a little dry even though it had some goat cheese in it. Loved that the servers were in costume anticipating Halloween the next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must visit in the western suburbsSpikeVIPDined on 10/25/2013Comfortable, casual with wonderfully prepared food. If I lived in Media, they'd have to give me my own table! Go, eat, enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad french foodMaggiemayDined on 10/19/2013The restaurant was noisy and the tables were too close together. Crepes and escargot were lousy even after escargot were sent back and replaced. Crepes were overcooked , dry and tasteless. Beet salad was tasty and my husbands steak was good.The wine we shared was good but pricey. This restaurant did not command the fees charged for the meal. Very disappointed!Special Features:
- Table for TwoGenesgirl8Dined on 10/19/2013Were not pleased with the seating at all. It was too close to the reception desk and it felt like the person handling that was in on our conversation. When we asked about another table for two, we were told that they were booked for the evening....that's fine, however, the other people weren't there as yet and perhaps they wouldn't have minded the table we were given. Hostess not very congenial and in fact was a little snippy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing was notableLishanDined on 10/11/2013Menu promised more of an authentic French experience than food delivered. Nothing was notable; nothing was terrible; nothing to rave about. For the price I expected better.
- I love Le Belle Epoque. ItHungrygirlVIPDined on 10/6/2013I love Le Belle Epoque. It is by far my favorite restaurant in Media, PA, which is probaly 50 attributed to Les, a fabulous waiter, and the food which is always top quality. I will keep coming back because I love it so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Dining extraordinaireMickeyHerbVIPDined on 10/5/2013My college son wanted french food, so off we went and we were not disappointed, Large portions, well-prepared, A fine dining experience. Great restaurant area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Belle EpoqueTommyDDined on 10/5/2013This was my first time, my wife previously had lunch here with a friend. We had dinner on a Sat night. Nice view on the passers-by on State St which has a nice crowd and scene. I had the onglet aux echallotes (hanger steak with frites) and my wife had the poulet roti (roasted chicken). Food was perfectly cooked and delicious, sauces were exceptional, wait staff was very courteous and friendly and wait time was not excessively long, enough time to enjoy a drink before the meal came. Would definitely come again. It is 35 minute drive from my home but totally worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSarahDined on 10/3/2013This was my third time at La Belle, and I decided to come back for my birthday since my last two experiences there were wonderful. The service was slow this time, and we kept having to request water and soda refills, which the last two times we didn't have to do. Last year I remember the prixe fixe choices being a bit more extensive, and this time we only had three choices. I got a crepe (La Mer) which was okay, but I don't think it was worth the $18 price tag. The duck was excellent, which is what I had last year, and I sampled some from a member of my party. Overall okay experience, and I will come back as I think this time was an exception and hopefully not the rule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Non Posh LOCALOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2013Had Saturday brunch at La Bella Epoque and it was a refreshing delight. $40 for 2, which include a glass of ginger champange for 1. I really hae to give a good review, because it will harder to get a reservation. Food was a 4 out of 5. Hoping that they expand thier brunch menu to include chocolate Croissants. Service was good, I experience better my last visit. Try to sit outside, great cafe feel. Also as a woman of a certain size, seating at a resturant is always a concern/challenge. This place is fanastic. No plastic chairs for the outside seating, which is WONDERFUL..Special Features:
- Paris in Media, PACitysusanDined on 9/21/2013La Belle Epoche has long been one of our favorite spots, not only for the great food, but the convivial atmoshphere too. The guy who is usually behind the tiny wine bar is very knowledgeable about wine and makes some great picks at price points that everyone can afford. It's a perfect place to land on a Friday after work for good wine, a great cocktail and pleasant conversation. Also...you can't beat the duck breast!Special Features:
- Media dining out sceneMediajaneDined on 9/21/2013We've enjoyed La Belle since it opened---glad it's on Open Table now. Lovely atmosphere, wonderful menu and excellent, friendly, efficient service. Couldn't ask for a nicer Saturday night dinner! One of Media's very best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but.BuddyTheElfDined on 9/10/2013This was our third visit to La Belle Époque. We've always found the food and service to be very good. This visit was no exception. Unfortunately, the place is beginning to look a bit seedy. The table top felt as if it needed a good wipe down, and the room and furnishings need refreshing. My wife commented, "I just felt like giving the place a good cleaning". There seems to be a lack of critical attention to the dining space, and you can't help wondering if that applies to the kitchen as well. Given that there are a fair number of other restaurants in the area with equally good food, but better dining spaces, we would only return after learning that the dining area had been significantly improved.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were very surprised thatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2013We were very surprised that the food was so good here and the service was impeccable. Who knew Media had such a top restaurant. Reminds one of a nice restaurant in a small European town. The only negative is the space is a little tired. Not uncomfortable but a bit drab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Belle Epoque rocqueslestroutDined on 8/9/2013What is French for 'rocks'? We took friends here for the first time and those foodies, who normally dine in downtown Philly, were more than impressed. I love their new menu and wine flights. The server (forget to get his name) was attentive and very knowledgable. Needless to say, the food was first class. Still about the best Onion Soup we've ever had, and their crepes are outstanding. LesSpecial Features: