589 Ramapo Valley Rd
Oakland, NJ 07436-2817Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cenzinos.com/
- Phone: 2013376693x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
OPEN FATHER'S DAY FROM 1:00 PM TO 6:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Fillipo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Let us share our Chef for your Special Occasions at home.
Contact us for more details. Not your ordinary caterer!
- Entertainment: JIMMY SABINI live every Wednesday night.
Dine with the live soothing sounds of Jimmy Sabini…
Relax in our lounge and make a memory.
- Special Events: Father's Day June15th
Honoring all Fathers..
Noon to 6 PM
A word from Cenzino
Rated #1 in Bergen County by Zagat's!! Italian Fare and Lounge; Authentic Regional Italian Cuisine....with an Old World Charm and Ambiance....Continued
Established over 15 years ago as an oasis for those who prefer fine dining and a casual, unhurried lounge.
Established over 15 years ago as an oasis for those who prefer fine dining and a casual, unhurried lounge.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cenzino reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (33)romantic (31)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- An outstanding place in NW Bergen !OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/24/2014Food is always superb here , and the owner goes out of his way to make people feel special-regularly stops by at tables to greet his guests; Tonight, I had one of the specials-veal cannelloni, which was out of this world; Among the regular items, I recommend highly the polenta and sausage appetizer . The overall ambiance is real positive- everything feels very comfortable, tables are not on top of one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talk about a HAPPY EASTER!PendamoniumDined on 4/20/2014I haven't been to Cenzino's in years. I for the life of me can't remember why NOT! We decided to go for Easter and couldn't be happier with that. Food was fantastic! Service was superb and the atmosphere was warm and friendly. We'll be going back soon...very very soon!Special Features:
- Good foodDewrDined on 4/14/2014The food was good but a little pricey. Although it was a slow night (Monday) the service was a little slow at times. Waiter never even checked how our entrees were and we had a long wait until we were offered the dessert menu. When the waiter was "on" he was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceRonRDined on 4/12/2014My girlfriend and my first date was at Cenzinos over 10 years ago. We return at least once a year. We are always welcomed like family. Ownership changed recently, but the wonderful dining experience has not. Excellent menu, specials, and the service is first class. I highly recommend Cenzinos. For special occasions, or to have a quiet, romantic dinner, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Very Good!FoodforfunDined on 4/5/2014This was our first visit to Cenzino's after having read about this restaurant for some time. We were not disappointed. The meals that our party of four had were all outstanding, the service was attentive and knowledgeable. he tables are adequately spaced which help to make the rather noisy room more tolerable. We will definitely put this one on our favorite list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In my neighborhoodkbr1962Dined on 4/4/2014Haven't been to Cenzino in about 2 years but decided to try again. Service and food where fantastic. Great place right in my neighborhood.Special Features:
- Delicious!2beaglesDined on 3/28/2014We were very pleased with everything. Wonderful and attentive service. From soup to nuts all dishes were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Italian FarePJLJVIPDined on 3/22/2014Food was great - service was so-so, don't think they realized they are on 'Open Table' - as they seemed surprised we had a reservation.Special Features:
- dinner at CenzinoBarbaraLDined on 3/22/2014Four of us had dinner on a Saturday night at Cenzino's. Almost before we could take our seats and say hello to our friends they were bringing us water, drinks and telling us the specials etc. It was almost too quickly, and too pushy. I felt a little rushed to give our orders and wanted to just relax a little. When we did order it seemed that the food took an extremely long time to arrive. They didn't seem to get the timing right. The food was delicious- I had the veal with shrimp and it was a nice portion with a delicious sauce and a few roasted/ sautéed mushrooms. We shared some desserts -I felt the tiramisu had too much alcohol in it, it overwhelmed the delicate cake and cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJohnDined on 3/21/2014Our first time there,greeting was very friendly and we were seated right away. French martini was one of the best my wife has had. The bruschetta just right and the cheese they put on the table was fresh and moist,the best parmesan Romano we have tasted. Our appetizer was very good. Our meal came and I had the best Osso buco I've tasted in NJ . My wife loved her shrimp over risotto . We both loved the deserts, excellent home made bread pudding and tiramisu . We will defiantly go back...often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A slice if italy!WhitbyDined on 3/20/2014Food and service was great. Highly recommend this little gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but it is pricey.OscarDined on 3/15/2014Great appetizers, Great entrees!. The place is good but the process are highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Cenzino certainly lived up to its great review that recently appeared in our local paper. The attentive service, delicious food and warm, inviting atmosphere all contributed to a wonderful evening out. We will definitely be dining there again.Special Features:
- Never disappointsKittyVIPDined on 3/13/2014The chef is awesome. The food is consistently delicious and there are always wonderful specials. The service is just as good as the food. Servers communicate well with each other and any one of them knows what your last drink was or who ordered what.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!MelissaDined on 3/12/2014Another great evening at Cenzino! The John Dory filet fish special was delicious and the crepes flambé a delight for dessert. Service was impeccable as always. Truly a great authentic Italian restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againmamamluDined on 3/8/2014after hearing good reviews, our party of 8 finally went. We were so disappointed, my food was barely warm apologies were made and it was reheated (in a microwave) it was re presented and by that time it was wet and sauce was watery and tasteless. I opted to change my order to penne with vodka sauce which was also flavorless my husbands pasta was also room temp and flavorless, as were the osso bucco chicken parm The others all were disappointed. The bill was high and not worth the food or agravation..NEVER AGAIN
- The food and service wereDeanaDined on 3/8/2014The food and service were excellent. I would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best gets betterEMK76VIPDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I have eaten at Cenzino's every Saturday, for over 8 years. The food is five star and better than any NYC Italian restaurant, without all the travel hassles. From Liz, who is quick to smile and always remembers your favorite drink while making you feel welcome, to the polished, and caring waiters and bus staff, who seem to anticipate your every need, you are treated like friends, not guests. Marco and Lee along with Benny, Rob and the Magic Man, Enzo, will exceed your highest expectations in service and knowledge, with exceptional class and style. While the chef makes historic dishes, Regina and Romeo offer a kiss on the cheek that says "...Welcome back, we missed you." Don't miss this place. It is special. Ed K.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After reading many great reviews,RichardVIPDined on 3/8/2014After reading many great reviews, all four of us were very disappointed with our meals. Service too was inattentive. We won't be back.
- Found a new place to goEricDined on 3/6/2014We had a group of 7 and enjoyed the restuarant immensely. The food was excellent. Everyone raved about their meals. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed by Allevie646Dined on 3/3/2014We had a group of guests with a wide spectrum of ages and interests that we took out to dinner, and everyone walked away pleased. The menu was varied enough that the only trouble people had with making a decision was that there were so many items they wanted to try, they had trouble deciding. We ended up sharing various dishes, all of which we proclaimed delicious, and the wait staff was very accommodating with extra plates and place settings to help the sharing process.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but a little rushedBergenCountryDinerDined on 3/1/2014I thought the food was good, but the service while friendly was rushed. I was chewing my appetizer and reaching for another bite when our server tried to deliver my pasta dish. Rather than returning to the kitchen he hovered over our 2-person table while I continued to eat. The tables are pretty close together and the room is somewhat bright which made it a little less romantic than it could have been. That said there were many older diners who probably would have had a hard time reading the menu in a lower light situation.
- Dining GemStevedianeDined on 2/22/2014Good Food, Great Bar, Vibrant Atmosphere, Great ServiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining Experience!BuonoFamDined on 2/17/2014While my husband and I, and our family, have been long time patrons of Cenzino for many, many years,I must say, we were slightly concerned when the restaurant changed hands this past year. Well, rest assured, things have only gotten better. The professional, reliable staff - Enzo & Marco and a few others-who thankfully stayed on after the transition, continue to keep things running like a well oiled machine! They are the welcoming friendly faces we have all come to know and respect over the years. We were greeted like family upon our arrival and seated promptly. The menu sports very little change from previous, but touts a very nice list of specials. Our meals were just delicious. Overall an excellent dining experience!!Special Features:
- An absolute treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2014Food, attention to detail by staff are outstanding. Absolutely love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good choiceGinoVIPDined on 2/15/2014We've passed this place many times and finally decided to try it, and made a good choice. There was a bit of a mix-up about our reservation (it got cancelled) but they sat us quickly anyway and fixed the reservation with OpenTable. I had a chicken dish and she had a veal dish, both excellent. Portions weren't big but enough for dinner as we both finished our plates (we usually take leftovers home). Service was friendly and attentive from the maître-D to the water server. I would recommend to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014I was not impressed but rather disappointed. I had dined here frequently while the place was under the original owner. The fine dining experience is no longer apply here. When I made the reservation there was no mention that there would be a restricted menu at a price of $85 per person. The restaurant was overbooked. As a result the staff was overwhelmed and harried. Beverage orders were forgotten, no one ever checked on refills of beverages, offered a wine list or checked to see if we enjoyed our food, etc. The food was rather bland rather than flavorful. Add to that the fact that I was seated right next to the men’s room door. I will probably not return. There are better places to spend hard earned dining dollars
- overateddennisDined on 2/14/2014Went valentines day. Way overpriced for the amount of food. Very disappointed.
- Valentine's Day DinnerJimandStacyDined on 2/14/2014Great first visit to Cenzino's! Service, food, staff...everything was great. I'd selected the lobster bisque and the veal, my date had the shrimp coctail and sea bass. The bisque was not like any other I'd had but was still excellent(my date agreed). Her shrimp were large, plump and tasty. The veal dish was outrageously good and I sampled the sea bass as well. It was so tender that I'm not sure how it retained its shape. Absolutely delicious. Dessert for her was the chocolate cake while I tried something new for me, the Zabaglione. I'd never heard of it before but I'm so glad I tried it because it truly was exquisite. And my date even receivef a rose on our way out! Thanks so much. We will certainly be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like to eat out...........!luv2eatoutDined on 2/14/2014Excellent Italian restaurant, friendly, knowledgeable waiters. Have not had a dish that we didn't like. Very relaxed atmosphere, attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/12/2014Great atmosphere with food and service to match. We and another couple thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Nice specials and a solid menu. The staff was attentive but not over bearing. My wife and one of our friends had the crepes for desert and they both raved that there not to be missed. Look forward to our return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Valentine's DinnerRockerDined on 2/8/2014Opentable Reservation for 7:15, did not seat until 8:00pm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great! I just lovejackcVIPDined on 2/8/2014Always great! I just love it there. Food and service always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our dinner at Cenzino.dineoutDined on 2/8/2014We always feel welcomed at Cenzino. The staff is professional and pay attention to your needs. The food is consistently good and the wine list includes some very reasonably priced bottles. We have always left the restaurant happily satisfied with our experience.Special Features:
- Good service great food.TessDined on 2/1/2014Attentive Service- The waiter offered to make a meal which was listed on the website but not on the menu for one in our group. When she chose a veal dish instead, he commended her for her choice and noted that she wouldnot be disappointed because it was very tender and would melt in her mouth. And yes it was that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014I had passed by the place a number of times and decided to take a chance. Upon entering we were immediately warmly greeted by the maitre d' who then showed us to our table. Not shortly thereafter or waiter came by to take our drink orders. We both ordered the specials, salad, appetizer and entree. The appetizer of clams and mussels was delicious, the salad fresh and our entrees quite satisfying. During this time the owner, I believe stopped by to ensure everything was satisfactory. We finished the mall off with some cappuccinos and tartufo. All in all a very nice dining experience that I would have no problem recommending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time with friendsGlad2bthereDined on 1/30/2014We have been here before there was a change in owners and always enjoyed it. Things have remained with the new owners. It is a great place to have a great meal and enjoy the company of friends. They do not rush you out and allow you to linger. The food and the service was great and we will be returning to this restaurant in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone Knows Your Name....OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/29/2014This is a place were everyone knows your name (Enzo, "You know me?"). If you go more than once you'll find you are greeted with a warm welcome, don't be surprised if they remember more about your last visit than you do. Chef Fillipo will see that your every request is accommodated from the kitchen; never been disappointed. The staff is quietly watching to see if you have a need and respond, whether it be Romeo, Marco, Enzo, Rob, Benito or Lee. I have dined regularly at Cenzino's with friends and family, and my business associates often ask if we can go again. So, if you just would like a fine cocktail or glass of wine with Liz at the bar or a great dinner at a friendly four star restaurant, look no further. Cenzino's the place! Salute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantMelissaDined on 1/28/2014Cenzino has been my family’s favorite for years! Lately I have been going for a relaxing lunch with friends as well. The greeting is always warm & many at Cenzino-Marco, Romeo, Enzo, Rob, Liz-have become friends! Chef Fillipo is amazing. My favorite dish is Ravioli Fontina e Tartufo which is warm, soft & buttery. Other favs: bronzini special and zucchini flowers! For dessert: Affogato-vanilla ice cream drowning in espresso sprinkled with biscotti! Cenzino changed hands recently & while we do miss Vinnie we are fond of the new owner Regina. She has done a superb job of keeping all the things we love about Cenzino & adding her own touch. The place looks better than ever! Cenzino has good food, good wine, & good people-a perfect combination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemBusyprofessionalVIPDined on 1/24/2014We just love going here. This time we tried to Caesar salad which is always reliable and we had the side of duck which was moist, not fatty and done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.