1 Main Street
Stockton, NJ 08559Neighborhood:
New Hope / Lambertville
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stocktoninn.com/
- Phone: 6093971250x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 5:30pm
Sunday at 4:00pm
Tuesday and Wednesday Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Alan Heckman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live background music on weekends. Please feel free to call to inquire as to any specific dates or to make a request.
A word from Stockton Inn
The historic Stockton Inn, circa 1710, is nestled in the quaint Borough of Stockton, just a few minutes drive from the hustle and bustle of New Hope PA and Lambertville NJ. Sitting near the banks of the Delaware River, which separates New Jersey and Pennsylvania, it is a relaxing hour's drive from both NYC and Philadelphia. The Inn proudly serves American cuisine using the freshest local ingredients whenever possible. Indulge yourself in the Inn's romance and revel in her storied history. No other country inn in the region offers more! We look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Stockton Inn - Best Restaurants in New Hope / Lambertville ›
Stockton Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (53)romantic (44)special occasion (34)scenic view (24)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (22)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (16)good for groups (13)late-night find (9)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Mother's Day Treat1roaminggypsyDined on 5/11/2014This was my second visit to the Stockton Inn. I love the quaint old atmosphere and it was a beautiful day to enjoy both inside and outside. However...I felt the food was lacking. Overcooked food and had to ask waitress several times for sugar for ice tea, extra syrup for food we ordered as amount served was miniscule. Also, asked for an extra napkin and waitress completely forgot. Overall, I would go back again for the atmosphere but would probably just go for the bar and light fare.Special Features:
- Excellent foods!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Not only enjoyining their historical back ground stories, but also their foods were excellent!Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedCristamsVIPDined on 5/11/2014I brought my mother & grandmother here for Mother's Day brunch. We had a morning reservation of 11:15. They were out of some of the items on the menu. They didn't have any waffles for brunch which was a big disappointment to my grandmother. Our food order came out wrong. It also would have been much nicer if the outdoor dining was available, it was such a beautiful day. I was expecting more from this restaurant.Special Features:
- Missed the mark for Mother's DaySoleview1Dined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day brunch. Advanced reservations. Place was empty entire time we were there 9:30-11, but wouldn't give us window seat. Ok. They didn't have milk!?? Huh? Someone had to go out and get some. No sausage. No waffle maker? They strung us for 30 minutes saying waffles coming then admitted they couldn't make them. Offered pancakes instead, but served it as crepes. These are all pretty basic things for brunch. Was just weird day. We won't repeat there again. They need to step it up, especially on Mother's Day!
- Too salty!DanMDined on 5/10/2014I love the atmosphere and I have dined there several times. However, this time the chef drowned all four of our filets in so much salt we had to keep drinking water. The crab lobster soup same problem. The waiter was slightly attentive and the manager who walked around never engaged us. A $300 poor experience in a restaurant we had always enjoyed before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLucy3peepsDined on 5/10/2014Food looked lovely but no taste, no seasoning. Roasted beets not roasted. Over priced. Was looking forward to great night out for my husbands birthday but dinner was a let down.
- Great PlaceJeraDined on 5/10/2014Nice ambience, great setting, perfect for couples on an special occasion, great service and delicious food. All with a very acceptable priceSpecial Features:
- Consistenly GreatBillDined on 5/5/2014The Stockton Inn has been a favorite for many years and has never let us down. Excellent food and service and a lovely setting.Special Features:
- HometownDined on 5/3/2014It was a Saturday night and the Inn was crowded so of coarse the noise level was high. We were expecting this and glad to see the Inn was so crowded. Good sign business is doing well. Which we are very happy to see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We dined at the Inn at 7:30 on a Sat. night. The service was professional but slow. The food was good...not great. Being that I am not from the area, it is not a place I would race back to. But, it was good enough that I wouldn't deter anyone from going there.Special Features:
- Saturday LunchwineanddineVIPDined on 5/3/2014It was a very good lunch. it was pretty quiet compared to some other saturdays, so, all in all, very good food and the usual great service that I have come to enjoy over the past several months.Special Features:
- filippo47filippo47VIPDined on 4/30/2014Back to normal. Had a lovely dinner on a rainy and quiet night. New additions to the menu keep it always interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filippo47filippo47VIPDined on 4/27/2014Sunday night at the Stockton Inn is a classic for us. Usually great, not this time. They had obviously a busy weekend and several items on the menu were not available. I understand, as a former owner of a 4star restaurant, that the kitchen may run out of one or two items after a busy night, but I think that certain items should always be available. They were out of steak. A previous Sunday they ran out of Hamburger meat. Come on, I understand not having enough oysters or escargots, but steak? Hamburger? There are plenty of markets in the area that can provide you with that. Furthermore the kitchen got slammed and we waited and waited and waited. Jedediah, our wonderful waiter, kept apologizing, but it was out of his hands. Not happy.
- Great Brunching!MarilynDined on 4/27/2014Brunch at the Stockton Inn is lovely. The food is wonderful, service is great, VERY relaxing!Special Features:
- Food is excellent!4forfunniteDined on 4/26/20143 out of 4 of us had the Chilean Sea Bass. It was fantastic. The 4th had the scallops which was fabulous. Wine was good. Not cheap but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependable and goodLadyDined on 4/26/2014We have dinner here every once in a while, this place has great outdoor dinning in good weather. Well stocked bar and food is good and sometimes exceptional. We took my father-in-law here for the first time and he was impressed. On weekends in the summer you really should make reservations. We do recommend the Stockton Inn to everyone.Special Features:
- Delightful evening with friendsIwillbebackDined on 4/21/2014When we arrived, we were seated immediately by a courteous young woman, and waited upon by a server right away. We wished to spend the evening catching up with old friends, and this is exactly what happened. The lack of interruptions after our orders were taken, and the quiet delivery of each course was perfect. We spent 2 1/2 hours enjoying great food and being able to hear and appreciate fun and private conversation with our friends without the clamor that is found in many restaurants. My only negative comment: the slippery sliding of chairs on the floor. Both women spent the entire meal having to keep moving and readjusting their chairs because it was almost as though we were on an incline and they kept sliding into the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bengendaDined on 4/20/2014We had a lovely Easer brunch. There was something for everyone. You can eat a light meal or an indulgent brunch. The soups were especially nice. Service was not what it has been in the past, but Easter is a busy day with special challenges. We will certainly go again.Special Features:
- good times7hungrypeoplewaitingDined on 4/20/2014totally enjoyed the food. sat us as soon as we got there. everyone seemed to enjoy there breakfast. all our specials came with fruir\t which we had to ask for. they said it didnt come with it. but the menu said different. service was verrrry slow, took a while after getting our coffee for the waiter to take our order, seems like he was the only waiter in the wholle room. we would still like to come back for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An historic locationTonyDined on 4/19/2014An historic location with great food and service, maintaining the character of the setting. Menu was varied with excellent seafood and steaks.Special Features:
- While the food was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2014While the food was excellent, the service was incredibly slow. Never waited so long to place both drink and food orders.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Service was poor, waited for 20 min. before server came for drink order and dinner order
- Ate there for my girl friend'sPartymanDined on 4/9/2014Ate there for my girl friend's birthday. Great experience for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Stockton's local areaNoneDined on 4/4/2014Stockton Inn was a dinning experience that was exciting and a pleasure for our party. We enjoyed our night there and we have full intention of going back many more times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food set in old rustic innConsumeFoodDined on 3/30/2014Stockton, NJ is to this day a sleepy rural village along the Delaware River. This same ambiance extends to the Stockton Inn. If you happen to hint at or inquire about the history of the inn, your server will rush out and deliver you a 7 page, 300 year historic summary. The food is simple well-prepared and of course tasty. I recommend the pan seared diver sea scallops, prepared with broiled Brussel sprouts tossed with pieces of fried pancetta. The crab cake was good, but not that notable, go to Maryland if that is what you are seeking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A truly amazing meal...JohnFDined on 3/29/2014From beginning (drinks) to end (dessert) this was a great meal. The service was top notch, the food was incredible and the decor was jaw dropping (assuming you love early American). We heard that the outside terrace is also the place to be in the warmer months and with the inn only being an hour or so from our house (this go round we stayed the weekend in the area) we'll definitely be back for dinner to eat outside. I would without question say this was one of the best complete meals I've had in a very long time and fit for almost any occasion (sans a kids birthday party). Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!!CherishDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I went out for the first time since I started treatment for cancer. I was not able to eat or taste for a long time, and for the first time in 5 months I was able to taste such amazing flavors. The lobster fondue was so good with large chunks of lobster. I am so glad we decided to try the Stckton Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time customer/weekday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2014Food was great. Spinach salad was a "cooked" spinach which surprised me but good. Restaurant was quiet and enjoyabe, but it was a Wed 12:30 lunch... My friends had soup, burger & the salmon. Portions were quite large, filling and cooked really well. Definitely would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/18/2014We three went to the Stockton Inn to celebrate and were not disappointed. Service was a little slow and our waitress was rather more quiet than we might want. However, the food was very good and the staff very flexible. (After getting home we found we were double charged for drinks but the staff readily rebated our over-payment when we returned with receipts the next day). The mushroom and oyster soup in a milk base was very nice, as were our entrees of grilled rosemary chicken breast (boneless) and crab cakes, which had very substantial chunks of crab meat. The chicken pot pie made a full meal, too, and was available to us from the dining room, despite being on the tavern menu. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stockton InnwineanddineVIPDined on 3/18/2014After the last few visits, I am impressed with the quality that the new management has achieved during the past six months. The food is very dependable; great ingredients well prepared can best describe my last 5 lunches, here. The garden rooms are very nice in the warmer weather, but I still like sitting in the older tavern looking out onto Bridge Street (those rooms strikes me as unchanged since my first lunch 25 years ago).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to the Past!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/8/2014Wow.A step back in time.Remember when restaurants had character,warmth,attentive service,great food,deliberately slow service so you could enjoy each course.Refreshing.Leave your spot at the table,your napkin will be folded for you at your spot upon return.Fireplaces;gas,but who cares! Bottle of Brut Rose delicious Michael,the server,made sure you never reached the bottom of the glass.You'll never have to refill it it yourself.Awesome house salad.Light delicious dressing.Rolls warm and delicious.We had Scallops and Salmon.Both dishes awesome.Side dishes equally great.Pleasantly priced dishes, especially for what you get.This old building is amazingly well kept and will make you yearn to go back;in time and to this restaurant! We can't wait.Special Features:
- Perfection!!!!Foodie1975Dined on 3/7/2014I am a native New Yorker and will keep to the directness of how we are known to be. Food: Excellent! Masterfully prepared and executed dishes. Loved the lobster fondue! Drinks: Excellent. One of the best Manhattans I have had in a while and was blown away by the Italian red they were offering as a featured wine. Space: Out of this world beautiful, elegant with that old world charm. So much history and beauty. The main mural dining area is exquisite matching the exquisite dining experience. Service: Spot on. Great place to bring a date, impress your significant other, or celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was so satisfied.iluvsteakDined on 3/7/2014I went to the Stockton Inn and I did not really know what I was getting myself into, but it was remarkable. It's hard to explain but In the past, I have reviewed a lot of things. Restaurants, being one of my passions in life, have been one of these. Let me tell you, everything was perfect. It couldn't get any better. The whole visit was simply an ever-flowing chalice of pleasure for both me and my partner. The food was simply an art painted upon the tapestry that is fine dining. The staff, from the host, to the server, to the manager is incredible and I will return for them as well as the perfect food and ambiance. I will recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great choice for a dining groupgroupof8Dined on 3/6/2014We are a group of 4 couples and had requested a quiet table so we wouldn't disturb other diners. They gave us. A wonderful table next to the fireplace. The waiter was superb and everyone enjoyed his food tremendously. It was a thursday night so not very crowded, although the bar area looked like it had patrons who were regulars and it seemed a vibrant scene. Its a beautiful location and lovely historic setting along the Delaware. I would recommend it to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Sunday BrunchbengendaDined on 3/2/2014Our meal was wonderful. everything we ordered was good and the service was attentive. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Gem of a place food is great!sillymeDined on 2/22/2014Loved it the new chef is making a difference and the new menu is super! Loved the scallops our friend loved the beef brisket and the shrimp cocktail was superb.Special Features:
- filoippo47filippo47VIPDined on 2/22/2014We usually do not go out on Saturdays, as restaurants tend to be at their busiest and sometimes both food and service suffer from that. Yet the other night at the Stockton Inn we had a great dinner, excellent service as we always do on any other night of the week. It was a very pleasant experience, something different for us to be out on a Saturday night. Unfortunately we had no control over the loud table next to ours, but, fortunately, they left while we were still having appetizers.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night Out With FriendsPAPhillyGalDined on 2/22/2014Gathered here in February for a nice dinner with friends. Wonderful old building with free parking. Loved the antique furnishings and quaint decor. The food was excellent and waitstaff was friendly, helpful and very attentive. I would definitely go again and try the outdoor dining area in warmer weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice LunchwineanddineVIPDined on 2/22/2014The food was very good; the potato leek soup and the chili (from their tavern menu) made a great lunch. I also enjoy the selections of ale that they offer. I have, at other times, enjoyed the wines, as well. Service is always very attentive. Overall, a very good restaurant.Special Features:
- Stockton Inn Winter EveningMv74TorinoDined on 2/20/2014First time at the Stockton Inn. Went for our anniversary and had a very nice, cozy quiet dinner. It was midweek after the snowstorm and quite frankly we were the only couple in the main "Murals" dinning room. Great table right next to the fire place. Server could not have been more gracious and helpful with menu suggestions. Will definitely go there again. Outdoor dining in warm weather looks very nice on back patio and front porch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.