Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
1225 19th Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Washington-DC
- Phone: 2022939091
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Lunch Monday - Friday, 11:45 AM - 3:00 PM
Serving Dinner Monday - Thursday, 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday, 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Saturday, 5:30 PM - 10:30 PM
Sunday, 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christian Fuentes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. If you can't find your representative on Capitol Hill, you better check Palm Restaurant in Washington DC. Since 1972, Palm Restaurant has built a loyal guest base made up of the who's who of Washington, including the political elite, the city's socialites, power brokers and media personalities such as Tucker Carlson and Bob Schieffer who can also be seen among the hordes of loyal Palm Restaurant guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
281 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (187)good for groups (99)great for lunch (98)fit for foodies (92)notable wine list (92)neighborhood gem (78)hot spot (76)vibrant bar scene (69)romantic (47)great for outdoor dining (37)kid-friendly (35)late-night find (9)scenic view (7)great for brunch (4)Show More
- The Palm has seriously goneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2008The Palm has seriously gone downhill. Limited choices and food that frankly doesnt taste very good. French dip sandwich caused food poisoning to one of my business associates. Service is excellent. They need to redo the menu and get a new cook.
- Great food and great service.Sue123VIPDined on 4/5/2008Great food and great service. An excellent evening!Special Features:
- Had an excellent time there.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/3/2008Had an excellent time there. Will have to frequent more often!!Special Features:
- The food was very good asOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/2/2008The food was very good as well as the particular waiter we had on our recent visit. I loved the veal parmigiana , the best I have had and will definitely return to have this dish again, as it is the best in the area. My only compliants was the level of the noise. It was extremely loud, which made the atmosphere a little unenjoyable as it was extremely hard to converse. Also, when I made the reservation I referenced under special requests/occasions that we were celebrating 2 birthdays. However, the receptionists did not acknowledge this note and it was overlooked, which was quite disappointing.Special Features:
- we should up an hour earlierohkateDined on 3/31/2008we should up an hour earlier than our reservation and they were able to seat us anyway however we were sat by the door and the bar. I was sitting underneath an air vent and as a result was cold most of the meal. the food itself was quite amazing as was the $20 glasses of wine. I unfortunately could not finish my meal as the portions are quite massive and asked to have my food boxed up to take home with me. there must have been a misunderstanding in the kitchen because I never received my food. while it was a worthwhile experience and the food really was quite exemplary we will probably never frequent the palm again. it's just not our scene. (we were the youngest people there.)Special Features:
- Food was terrible! Too salty,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2008Food was terrible! Too salty, poorly repaired (under cooked and over cooked)Special Features:
- we often go to the palm andBabyjanepVIPDined on 3/29/2008we often go to the palm and know in advance that it will be noisy. we also love the food, but this time the fillet was tasteless.Special Features:
- A wonderful evening of greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/29/2008A wonderful evening of great food, excellent service and spectacular wine!Special Features:
- We got the worst table inOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/29/2008We got the worst table in the joint. Right at the opening to the kitchen. (A symptom of reserving through Open Table?) Waiters and servers were quite literally running around the restaurant, and we really felt in the way. We also weren't seated with menus, which I thought was odd. We just sat staring at each other for a few minutes and had to ask for menus. The dinner was delicious, but the super loud environment and totally manic dining room made for a less than perfect meal.
- Although this is a chain,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008Although this is a chain, I return every time I am in Washington D.C. The steaks and lobster are the best. I particularly love the green peppercorn brandy sauce for the porterhouse. You can't go wrong. You cannot get a steak without an order of wild mushroom. Don't forget carrot cake for dessert.Special Features:
- Over all the experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008Over all the experience was wonderful except for the extreme noise level...the noise was so bad that I was horse after dinner because you had to shout and say "I beg your parden" because you couldnt hear your dinner conversation. If you want to dine with someone and dont want to have romantic or even casual conversation then this is the place otherwise you would do better to make resevation some place else. Had I know this I would have because this was not only my birthday dinner but my 20 year anniversary with my partner. Ive been frequenting the Palm LA for many years and a few time in DC and the was the worst that I have ever experienced. In a nut shell plan to go and have a wonderful mean but you need to learn sign language to enjoy.Special Features:
- This is one of my husband'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/27/2008This is one of my husband's favorite restaurant in Washington, DC. We dine at this restaurant on special occasions. Whenever we dine there we always ask to be served by Chuck. He is very knowledgeable and friendly. I always recommend this restaurant to friends who like to spend an enjoyable evening out.Special Features:
- The restaurant needs to takekgindcVIPDined on 3/27/2008The restaurant needs to take care to not overcook the lobster, given the price!Special Features:
- We had a good time. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2008We had a good time. The service was very good and they very interested in making sure that their customers were pleased. The renovated dining room is an improvement on the old one, yet has kept its charm. On a personal note, I would have prefered that the char on my steak would have not been as heavy. While many like this heavy charing, I find that too much takes away from a good cut of meat. My son ordered his steak medium well, and I ordered mine medium rare and they both came out the same temperature, medium. I am sure that had we commented on this to our waitress, they would have done everything they could to correct this, but we were having too good of a time to complain. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Enjoyable. Good for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2008Enjoyable. Good for a business meeting although a bit loud
- We are Palm regulars and usuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/23/2008We are Palm regulars and usually food/service are great. Easter Dinner was another story. Service was pretty bad and food wasn't much better. Steak came overcooked, when we sent it back, it came raw. Wrong salad came, right salad came without dressing, dressing came when rest of party had finished their salads. Server who cracked the lobster claws took half the meat away in his pocket. In general, service was slow and inattentive. They did bring bring two additional desserts to try to make up for the dinner. Generally, we love the Palm, however, we would NEVER go back on a holiday!!!
- I took my family (7 of usDoinwhatcomesnaturallyVIPDined on 3/23/2008I took my family (7 of us total) to the Easter Brunch. Our server was efficient but not very friendly. The food was great but one meal was over-cooked and not so good. We should have said something but the person didn't want to make a scene so they ate it. I found out afterwards that their meal was burnt and didn't taste good. The atmosphere was great...a very "DC" type experience with caricatures of famous politicos all over the walls. A little pricey but not bad for DC. I don't know if we'll go back because of the bad meal.Special Features:
- we love going to the Palm...ChuckOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/22/2008we love going to the Palm...Chuck is a great server...and the fish is great! My only gripe was that I had spoken with Tommy about a lost coupon and he told me that he would take care of it --- and when the bill came it was NOT subtracted...but the place is great.Special Features:
- It was my first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2008It was my first time dining at The Palm, and I was really looking forward to it. The atmosphere was interesting, but the food was not what I expected. Our steaks were tough and not of the quality I expected. Our server was spectacular, though, and made the experience an enjoyable one.Special Features:
- High quality service and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2008High quality service and excellent food. The waiter was thoughtful in suggesting vegetarian items. Great Experience and worth the price.Special Features:
- A Great experience overallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2008A Great experience overall - staff is very service oriented, personable while prfessional. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- The Palm is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/18/2008The Palm is one of my favorite restaurants in town.Special Features:
- Its THE PALM. That's allKenSDined on 3/16/2008Its THE PALM. That's all that needs to be said. Its in a league of its own.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING STEAKS AND LOBSTER,JIMPALMVIPDined on 3/16/2008OUTSTANDING STEAKS AND LOBSTER, SERVED BY AN EXCELLENT WAITER. RESERVATION AND HOSTESS - EXCELLENT!Special Features:
- We had a reservation at 8pmchristinarDined on 3/15/2008We had a reservation at 8pm - prime dining time. Unfortunately, this caused us to receive bad seating (they sandwiched us in between 2 other couples). Then, the kitchen or our waiter caused us to wait over an hour for our meal (surf and turf - one of the priciest on the menu!) to be delivered. We didn't leave until well after ten. They comped our dessert, which was a nice gesture, but we won't be going back.Special Features:
- always good food.noisy.somerickVIPDined on 3/15/2008always good food.noisy.some servers are good others are trying to rush you.we told our waiter to slow downSpecial Features:
- I loved the Palm. The foodSecondSackDined on 3/9/2008I loved the Palm. The food was great and it is such a place to see and be seen. I'm not from DC so it is a great restaurant for the food as well as the experience.
- I wasn't too impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2008I wasn't too impressed with The Palm. I thought the prices were too high for the food and environment. I would suggest going to your local Grill for the food and that won't cost $300...
- I know children will be children,KennyDined on 2/16/2008I know children will be children, but I really was not amused when sitting there one night & I looked across from @ a family seated @ a nearby table. One of the kids evidently was bored & took out her little personal DVD Player & sat there& watched it in the middle of the dinning room @ The Palm. (Now if the parents could not have taught her that this was unacceptable, perhaps a waiter could have !)Special Features:
- Seating was a bit tight (tooOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/9/2008Seating was a bit tight (too close together and cramped if you sat nest to the wall at a two person table). Also the noise level made it where you had to speak pretty loudly to conversate with your date. In other words forget a romantic conversation as the tables were so close and you had to speak so loud that you couldn't help but hear the conversations of several surrounding tables. The Melting Pot Fondue restaurant was much more romantic and less expensive and for the location I visited in Washington D.c.....the Melting Pot was right across the street.Special Features:
- The tbales were very closeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2007The tbales were very close together and the food was average.
- Alaskan Crab legs were amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2007Alaskan Crab legs were amazing - very pricey though!Special Features:
- Great place!! One of my favoritejcah3VIPDined on 5/4/2007Great place!! One of my favorite places to eat. Absolutely loved it!!!!! Can't wait to go back!
- Excellent steaks - wow! AOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2007Excellent steaks - wow! A little pricey for the atmosphere - very crowded and very loud but EXCELLENT service. The waiter more than made up for the ambiance issue due to noise.