Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
1225 19th Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Washington-DC
- Phone: 2022939091
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Lunch Monday - Friday, 11:45 AM - 3:00 PM
Serving Dinner Monday - Thursday, 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday, 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Saturday, 5:30 PM - 10:30 PM
Sunday, 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christian Fuentes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. If you can't find your representative on Capitol Hill, you better check Palm Restaurant in Washington DC. Since 1972, Palm Restaurant has built a loyal guest base made up of the who's who of Washington, including the political elite, the city's socialites, power brokers and media personalities such as Tucker Carlson and Bob Schieffer who can also be seen among the hordes of loyal Palm Restaurant guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
258 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (173)good for groups (93)great for lunch (88)fit for foodies (88)notable wine list (73)neighborhood gem (70)vibrant bar scene (67)hot spot (55)romantic (37)great for outdoor dining (35)kid-friendly (32)late-night find (9)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- singnkittyVIPDined on 7/7/2014From the moment we arrived, the staff were courteous & friendly. The bar poured generous drinks & our server Eric was fun & attentive, making great suggestions. Our filets were perfect, sauteed spinach will make those who don't like spinach LOVE it. The loud party near us eventually left and we enjoyed dessert & coffee until we were ready to head back to our hotel, never rushed or hurried. Special occasion dinner as prices arent cheap but the service and meal are memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaVIPDined on 7/5/2014Our dining experience was fabulous from the service to the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Watch The PricesJRERDined on 7/5/2014Good for special occasions, but watch the wine selection/choices. We got stuck with a glass of chardonnay for $18.75. So if price is a concern, ASK before accepting any waiter suggestions.Special Features:
- DC4DiningDC4DiningVIPDined on 7/3/2014Still THE stop for great steak and sides and good conversation. They make you at home whether first visit or 50th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the Edge of Losing MeMusicmanDined on 7/1/2014The Palm food is generally good, but its menu needs a little more imagination. The lobster and steak entrees are general quite good, but the sides are boring. The seafood choices definitely need work. What is particularly annoying is the combination of arrogant servers (yes, some of your customers actually have been around and do know what they want) and increasingly higher prices for the same drab menu. If this continues, I will be heading elsewhere.Special Features:
- Turn down the AC!slejdVIPDined on 7/1/2014On a very hot day, the restaurant was freezing. Be sure to bring a sweater or jacket! Otherwise, service and food were very good.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014My husband and I had our 25th anniversary dinner on June 29th at The Palm Restaurant-the staff was so attentive...they gave us a lovely card and sang to us...it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2014Drinks were large and made exactly right. Our lobsters were sweet and cooked to perfection. The half & half side was yummy as usual and the asparagus was steamed just right. Our waiter was friendly and pleasant, but service was a little slow. It was our anniversary and we ordered the chocolate cake which is our favorite. Our waiter, with others, sang to us so the slow service was forgotten. a wonderful time was had by all.Special Features:
- Great as always!ViniDined on 6/28/2014No matter what city, The Palm is always a constant. Great food and awesome service every time. D.C. location has been our favorite though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Fish, Burnt CornYUMMYTUMMYVIPDined on 6/27/2014While the service was as good as it always is, the food was not. Fish came out cold and one side was badly burnt. It was also freezing cold inside when the outside temperature was 90°. This was evidenced by men wearing jackets and women having either jackets for wraps on.
- Great steak and seafoodVickieDined on 6/27/2014loved it. went here for a birthday dinner and the service was amazing as well as the food. I would come here againSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/26/2014Best service by our fellow Texan, Mike...and the food was classic Palm fare...a perfect paring...
- Always fun power lunch at the PalmWhackVIPDined on 6/26/2014We had a good time at lunch today at the Palm. We all had entree salads, two steak salads and I had the lobster salad. The guys really enjoyed their steak salads but the lobster salad could have been much better. I love ordering lobster at the Palm and while the chunks of lobster were tasty the salad was entirely overpowered by the onions. If I ever order it again, I will make sure there are no onions on it. You cannot beat the service at the Palm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful time!guestDined on 6/25/2014We had to push our reservations back due to a late cab which ended up in our favor. We had stellar service, the BEST rib eye steak I have ever had! The staff were very attentive. It was my sister's birthday and when we arrived there was a card on the table that the staff signed. A nice added touch. The ONLY thing I would say is that if I were there for a date, it was quite noisy and not the most intimate place. Other than that, the food, wine, cocktails, and service were outstanding. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodHBthegustatoryconnoisseurDined on 6/25/2014The Steak and the lobster and the service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXEC. V.P.LUSTYDined on 6/24/2014CONSISTANT GREAT FOOD, GREAT SERVICE. GREAT PLACE FOR A business LUNCH OR @ NIGHT FOR SPECIAL OCCASSIONSSpecial Features:
- The following 2283 reviews are from the Palm Restaurant - Washington DC reviews archive.
- Palm Restaurant-best lobster ever!PattieGailDined on 6/23/2014I've tried to find a restaurant in Baltimore that serves lobster as well as the Palm Restaurant, but simply can't find one. Therefore, we make the trip to DC so I can have lobster a couple times a year. It's delicious and the sides are wonderful as well. Goat cheese mashed potatoes, green beans with pancetta and pine nuts - delizioso! I only wish there were a Palm Restaurant in Baltimore. Until then, we'll go to DC!Special Features:
- Great solid place to dineSamanthaVIPDined on 6/22/2014The service was terrific and the food was great. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Always funLizzie1ncDined on 6/21/2014No surprises here. Got exactly what we expect from Palm restaurants- great food, and a lively atmosphere. Will say the noise level in this Palm is extreme. Would go back- it's always a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedDamienDined on 6/21/2014Ok food-Bad timing. Unfortunately we were seated in the front, glass enclosed portion of the restaurant (which was 10 degrees too cold) next to a table of 12 guys who were just beginning a stag party. The small area sounded like a tailgate party at a football game. As the guys drank more, they got louder and the F-Bombs started flying. At The PALM! I had taken two very special friends out to dinner to celebrate their arrival in the US from years of trying to immigrate from Iraq. They told me not to get upset... "they were used to loud noise!" Our food was fair at best. My guest ordered a meager looking $47 14oz. NY Strip. I had the Veal Martini which was ok. All around bad experience at the PALM. Damien Harvey Washington, DCSpecial Features:
- Warm service and delicious food.PartyofnineDined on 6/20/2014Our waiter, Chuck, could not have been more accommodating to our large party ranging from a ten year old to a sixty year old. Everone loved what they ordered. We took his tips on the wine and the sides. Al Roker and Deborah Roberts were at another table and I'm certain we were treated like celebrities, too. We joked about "thanking" Al for the unseasonably lovely Washington weather but figured he deserved a peaceful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/20/2014Everything about our family birthday event went perfectly. Our special needs requests were handled flawlessly and graciously. Reservations, valet, front end, wait staff and kitchen were all firing on all cylinders. The Palm is not for timid eaters. Brobdingnagian drinks and servings of traditional steakhouse fare are what people come for. We had salads, lobster, steak and prime rib -- all of which arrived exactly as ordered. (For some odd reason, this steakhouse frequently runs out of prime rib ... If thats what you want to eat... consider reserving in advance.) We had an order of "1/2 & 1/2"-- fried potato chips and onion threads-- with drinks. A delightful dietary indiscretion. Beware: all "sides" are humongous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good food will go againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2014A friend of ours recommended going there as this is considered a 'place to see'in DC. The food was excellent. The place was very noisy ( thursday night) but that was to be expected. The only downside is that we picked a very good french bottle of wine. After the server broke the cork (trying for a good 5 minutes) he decided to go get another bottle. The manager then came back a few minutes later with the same bottle! explaining she would put the cork down the bottle and then pour it (which is unacceptable in any good standing restaurant). After trying that, she couldn't either and then (a good 15 minutes have passed by then) decided to bring a new bottle. Hoping this was an exception, we'll definitely try again if only for the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timechevychasebob39Dined on 6/19/2014Invited some old California friends and one-time colleagues for lunch. The had the special..soft shell crabs. I had the ahi tuna salad...all were very good. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014We came here for a going away lunch, the service was excellent; however the food didn't my expectations. I had the filet mignon oscar and the meat was dry and the crab portion was nominal. I will be back but will order something much similar like a salad or sandwhich...Special Features:
- Father's Day dinnerNotagoodfathersdaydinnerDined on 6/15/2014Our food was Luke warm when it came to the table. We asked for condiments and the waitress forgot about our request. We were placed in a location with a party that had a bunch of kids and they keep making noise, playing and throwing things. My biggest disappointment was the service and the temperature of the food when it arrived it was like they let it sit. I have eaten here before but this time is was a bad ordeal I would not go again on a special occasion day. I wanted to complain right then but was talked out of it by my family.Special Features:
- Wine and dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Wonderful spot,,, with great service too. Food was awesome drinks also. Ask about specials.... Reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italy won!!!guate2014VIPDined on 6/14/2014Excellent evening with the addition of our team winning. Thank you the Palm Customer Service for a great table, our waitress was awesome and the food even better!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food‼️ Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Hosted my husband's birthday dinner was great hope he does the same for my birthday‼️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but?LbocaDined on 6/13/2014Thought both the steak 24 Oz and Lobster 4 lbs where not actual weight... think they where smaller under weight. Strange since u pay so much...
- summer lobster specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/9/2014Great lobster special for summer hours, will be back soonSpecial Features:
- The palm Washington, D.C.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014The tables were so close together I felt like i was eating dinner with the table next to me. The waiters butt was literally in our face when he was with the other table.the waiter could never check on us because he had to squeeze around 2 other tables of 6 to get to us. It felt like we were put in the corner like bad kids.
- Fun birthday celebrationtoadmomDined on 6/7/2014Our group of 7 had a fantastic time celebrating my husbands birthday, thanks to the staff at the Palm , most especially our waiter Tim! It was a bit dark though, so we were disappointed with our pictures. Everyone loved their meals and we had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hpy4foodVIPDined on 6/7/2014staff very attentive dinner was delicious and well pacedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice meal, overpricedJandPDined on 5/30/2014My husband and I came here while visiting DC and made this our special night out. We had delicious food and great service at The Palm. I only gave 4 stars because I felt it was was overpriced. We could have the same meal in our city (pittsburgh) for half-3/4 the price. Our bill (with 2 beers) was )$180 for 2 people. Overall our experience was very nice and if money isn't an issue then definitely visit The Palm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotFoodie123Dined on 5/30/2014Great spot for a group lunch. Went for our colleagues birthday. It was our first time and noticed everyone was in suits for lunch, which caught us off guard (went on a Friday afteernoon). We were sat in the back, which made us laugh. However, our server was wonderful and the Palm has great lunch options from the regular menu and a special speed lunch. Large portions, so come hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just hangin' on.HonestOpinion1Dined on 5/29/2014My Dad/Grandfather's place. Food is ok. Bar is good for desperate MILFs!
- Just OKBelliottVIPDined on 5/28/2014I've had lunch at The Palm many times and this was the first time I was disappointed. I didn't care for the crab cake sandwich at all. I didn't know it would be fried. Broiled is much more to my taste. Also, there didn't appear to be much in the way of jumbo lumps in the crabmeat. I'm sure I'll be back there again, but it won't be ordering the crab cake sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's B-dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014It was my Husband's birthday and I wanted to take him somewhere nice. He had always talked about taking me here for a special occasion so I thought why not go and celebrate him. The food was amazing. The service was excellent. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Too noisy for GroupsDeeBeeDined on 5/27/2014The food was excellent and the service superb. The noise level however was very high. The tables are very close together. The five of us at a round table in the center of the room could not carry on a group conversation. I would go back with one or two other people but definitely not with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.