95 Pine Street, Suite 17
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steelheaddiner.com/
- Phone: 2066250129
- Hours of Operation:
Open Seven Days a Week: 11a.m. until 10p.m. Brunch Items Available on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Davis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call and speak to any manager to discuss you individual needs!
- Cross Street: First
- Public Transit: All downtown bus routes end near or around our address: 95 Pine Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available in addition to several parking lots nearby. We validate parking after 5pm at the Pike Place Market Parking Garage on Western Avenue below the Market.
A word from Steelhead Diner
Owner operated by Chef Kevin Davis and wife Teresa, The Steelhead Diner is a smart casual restaurant located in the heart of Seattle's Pike Place Market. Come visit our modern take on the classic American diner - and enjoy contemporary comfort food created with a Northwest twist. Soak up stunning views while enjoying our exclusively North West wine and beer list. Also available: a full bar, and a large selection of non-alcoholic choices. Watch nightly as Davis and his crew create menu items in the restaurant's interactive open kitchen surrounded by views of neighboring Puget Sound. Kids welcome. Family friendly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Steelhead Diner reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (36)scenic view (34)good for groups (31)great for lunch (25)great for outdoor dining (19)special occasion (17)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (13)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)romantic (5)Show More
- You can't find better food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2008You can't find better food. The service is fun, friendly, and very attentive. Not a dark, quiet "little black dress" spot -- but a very fun/casual place to eat magnificent food.Special Features:
- It was a disappointing evening! ThOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2008It was a disappointing evening! They didn't seem to have our reservation when we arrived. We had to wait too long yet, we could see empty tables and others were being seated, even some who had arrived after us. (We were early) As we waited, we saw wonderful plates of halibut pass by and our mouths were watering anticipating the taste only to be told, (ONCE WE GOT SEATED), that they were out of the halibut. In fact, they were out of all of the fish dishes except salmon and crab cakes. I thought this was a "fish house"? I did have the crab cakes and they were fabulous. To finish the bad experience, NO COFFEE, pot was broken! I would go back for the crab cakes, but I don't think I could get my companion to go back for any reason.Special Features:
- Delicious--there were a lotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2008Delicious--there were a lot of people waiting for a table when I arrived, so I was glad I made reservations on Open Table!Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed. HighlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/21/2008Thoroughly enjoyed. Highly recommend. Great for people visiting to Seattle...great mix of unpretentious yet delicious dining with Pikes Place location.Special Features:
- This was my third visit andrainierVIPDined on 5/20/2008This was my third visit and I did not feel "the love" this time. We had an excellent table but the welcome feeling wasn't there.Special Features:
- Knowledgeable and courteousMAgirlDined on 5/17/2008Knowledgeable and courteous staff offered great food and drink recommendations. Two in our party ordered salmon, which unfortunately had to be sent back for additional cooking time. Both enjoyed it immensely. It was great to get out to celebrate my birthday.Special Features:
- Steelhead is always good andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2008Steelhead is always good and my daughter and I brought our foodie friends to show them a kid friendly Market restaurant with great food. Excellent variety with the seasonal menu.Special Features:
- Steelhead is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 5/16/2008Steelhead is one of my favorite places -- the food is always great, and the ambiance and service are terrific. Not to mention the location.....who doesn't love the Market?!Special Features:
- The Steelhead Diner is theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2008The Steelhead Diner is the best restaurant in the market. Great prices, enjoyable food, and a fun environment with an open line. This is a good place to grub.Special Features:
- Great food. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2008Great food. Great service. Great spot with Public Market charm. We've been there 3 times and will keep going back....just a top exerience.Special Features:
- We were on a trip in the SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008We were on a trip in the Seattle area and felt we needed to book a reservation for a nice place to have brunch on Mother's Day Sunday. We knew Pike Place Market was going to be fun and Steelhead Diner was able to accommodate our reservation. The food was wonderful and the staff attentive. Unfortunately there was not a view from our table. We had to add one additional person to our reservation at the last minute and the staff did not even think twice about finding us a bigger table. It will be a Mother's Day to remember!!Special Features:
- This was our second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2008This was our second time at the Steelhead Diner and it was as good as the first. We'll be back shortly.Special Features:
- We had previously had an incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008We had previously had an incredible brunch at Steelhead Diner, but the follow-up visit on Mother's Day for brunch was not as impressive. The service was very slow and the food was just ok.
- We sat in the bar area waitingOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/10/2008We sat in the bar area waiting for our table to be ready, and it took 1/2 hour to get 2 drinks. 15 minutes past our reservation time, my husband went to find out how much longer we would wait, and the hostess had forgotten about us. We were then seated, and sat for another 20 minutes with no service. At that point we paid for our drinks and left the restaurant. The food is way too expensive for the diner-like feel and inattentive service.
- Unique preparations usingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2008Unique preparations using extremely fresh ingredients left us feeling that we had really found a place meant just for us. This was our 2nd meal here, the first being a lunch. Both were fantastic. We are on low calorie diets and this menu allowed us eat wonderfully, eat correctly and and go home full and contented. We will make this restaurant one of our "regulars".Special Features:
- lamb was quite "fatty," waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2008lamb was quite "fatty," waiter didn't know the wine menu or offer to send us someone that did, server brought us someone elses order...
- this is the third occassionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2008this is the third occassion open table was used and the reservation wasn't ready. Luckily a table was available all three times but they shouldn't be using open table if they don't care to check it.Special Features:
- The Magyu beef burger wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/7/2008The Magyu beef burger was among the best burgers ever. Serving it on a crusty baguette was a nice twist. I know everyone says their crab cake is really stuffed with crab - but wow. I didn't even know there were crabs BIG enough for the pieces of meat in this thing. Yum! Server was really friendly, even if it took quite a long time to get that refill on the olive oil for the bread (like past the appetizer and fully into the entree).Special Features:
- As always, wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/6/2008As always, wonderful food and excellent service. Kevin never lets you down.Special Features:
- Great location. Great service.littlerabbitVIPDined on 4/30/2008Great location. Great service. And best of all, GREAT food! Fresh, imaginative, terrific flavor and texture combinations. Menu changes daily based on "what's at the market" not what the big suppliers are providing. Can be noisy (lots of hard surfaces) but the food and service more than compensate and make it a memorable dining experience!Special Features:
- Had a very nice experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/26/2008Had a very nice experience, good food and service. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great food, warm beer, incrediblyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2008Great food, warm beer, incredibly slow service. When we arrived, we told the hostess that are party was one less (four to three), and we waited three quarters of an hour before we were able to communicate that to the server. After that, there was consistently a 15+minute gap between ordering a drink (warm beer, ice tea, sparkling water, wine) and delivery to the table. The menu had a good selection of a variety of food options from comfort food to the unusual (buttermilk fried chicken to smelt). It was nice to have the option of a half portion.Special Features:
- We had lunch on a busy SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2008We had lunch on a busy Saturday (are there any other kind at Pike's Market?) during a fish shopping-wine tasting visit. Our server was friendly, efficient and very helpful, recommending wine tasting opportunites. The food--oyster and pork sandwiches--was excellent and plentiful. We were sufficiently full that had to (sadly)cancel the beet salad. The wine list is fairly limited but good. Being smack in the middle of the market neighborhood there's a buzz to the diner that's upbeat and exciting. Two thumbs way up.Special Features:
- A great taste of New OrleansOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/25/2008A great taste of New Orleans in Seattle. Excellent gumbo and crabcakes. Outstanding service staff. Kevin and Teresa are the best!Special Features:
- I was in Seattle for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/25/2008I was in Seattle for a business meeting and spent a few extra days. This restaurant was recommended to us by a local. It was everything and more. The food was exceptional. I like the fact that the wine list was only wines from the Northwest. Our server was knowledgeable and helpful when choosing our entrees and wine. We did not feel rushed and enjoyed the experience. I can't wait to get back to Seattle, just to have a meal at Steelhead Diner.Special Features:
- Very nice wine by the glassFoodieVIPDined on 4/25/2008Very nice wine by the glass selection. Food is very good - lots of fried selections, good sandwiches, expensive sides.Special Features:
- I was at the Steelhead 2 FridaysmuncherDined on 4/18/2008I was at the Steelhead 2 Fridays in a row for lunch with clients. A little hard to carry on a conversation as the noise level is lively, but not impossible. The first time I had the pork sandwich and other than being on the salty side it was delicious and portion is huge! Today I had a half order of the lamb and it was the perfect amount for lunch and absolutely delicious. My client had the halibut and said the same thing. Service was just ok, not over friendly or inattentive, just ok. The first time our order got delayed and the food took a long time, today timing was great. Caviar pie is out of this world.Special Features:
- My group had an enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/17/2008My group had an enjoyable dinner at Steelhead Diner--the food and service were good if unexceptional, and my companions are still talking about the chocolate mousse! We did find it quite loud, though--it didn't help that the party behind us had several poorly-behaved children with them. Overall our experience was positive, but I probably would only return for a casual business dinner, not for a quiet evening or special occasion.Special Features:
- Limited breakfast/brunch menu,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/13/2008Limited breakfast/brunch menu, but food made with fresh ingredients.
- My wife and I have been inOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2008My wife and I have been in Seattle for 10 years, looking for that perfect restaraunt. Well, at last we found it! Many entrees can be ordered in regular or small portions, although "small" is just right, especially if you decide to order an appetizer or one of the many excellent deserts. desert. Ask for Ben, a manager, or Theresa, the owners wife, when you go. It's a pretty large bustling restaraunt with great service. Steelhead never disappoints!Special Features:
- They need to bring back theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2008They need to bring back the vegetarian meatloaf! I'm a omnivore, but I will order that meatloaf any day!Special Features:
- We sat in the private diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2008We sat in the private dining room, which was open for regular guests that evening. That's why it was quiet. The main dining room is quite noisy--fun, but noisy.Special Features:
- Great food with local influenceTrinaDined on 4/10/2008Great food with local influence - fresh from Pike Place Market items. Everything was wonderful as was the service!Special Features:
- The food was mediocre at best;OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/5/2008The food was mediocre at best; very bland and poorly presented. The ambience of the restaurant on a whole is fun, but the section we were seated in is very, very poor. We were a party of four stuffed into a narrow booth that was situated in the service hallway. My foot was run over by a cart of dirty dishes, my shoulder was bumped by a waiter rushing plates of food to another table, etc. I understand the need to maximize table space in a place that is as mysteriously popular as this, but the comfort of guests should be considered a little. They really should not have the 3 booths in this narrow service hallway. Had the food been even good, we may have considered giving it one more try,insisting on a better table. We won't be back.
- This restaurant is one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2008This restaurant is one of my favorites. We have been twice and both times the food was excellent - so much so that I cannot wait to go back. The restaurant is lively with a great bar, seats available next to the kitchen cook line, and also a quieter back room. Fried cheese curds from Bleecher's were fantastic, the fish entrees were superb, desserts incredible, wine list from the northwest states was extensive with a smaller list of hand selected favorites. Service was good, but felt we were being rushed slightly on our second trip - which is not good in a place that you want to order three coursed. Fun and romantic!Special Features:
- Kevin Davis is an amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/3/2008Kevin Davis is an amazing and creative chef. He has an amazing staff. His wife Terresa runs the front of the house. She is a smart driven woman and it shows. Then you have Kevin in the back. No wonder it is so amazing. It is all about talent. Kurt OwenSpecial Features:
- Need to clarify re: noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/29/2008Need to clarify re: noise level - if a restaurant is too quiet, lose intimacy - feel like everyone can hear what you are saying. So "moderate" is good in my book.Special Features:
- Steelhead Diner is a bit ofOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/28/2008Steelhead Diner is a bit of an enigma, but in a great way! It feels like a high end but cozy restaurant initially, then you're seated in the diner booths with paper placemats that double as menus. The menus contain everything from salmon and lamb dishes anyone would be impressed with, to sandwiches and fries that will satisfy those looking for something hearty and unpretentious. Loved it! The servers were laid back and friendly, and made great recommendations on menu items. The ambiance was cozy, and the fishing lures that were subtly part of the decor were fun. I had the salmon special of the night, which was quite possibly the best salmon I've ever had! Definitely worth checking out!Special Features:
- I enjoy it for getting togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2008I enjoy it for getting together with friends downtown in the Market and my 8 year old loves the atmosphere and the tri-colored Mac n Chz. I go there at least once a month for dining or HH in the lounge. It is fun, affordable with quality food and drinks.Special Features:
- Fantastic food. Very flavorful,beayumyumDined on 3/26/2008Fantastic food. Very flavorful,beautiful, fresh, good portions. This restaurant is a star on the Seattle restaurant scene. I am proud to take friends there..They definitely know how to cook fish and the fish is absolutely fresh. Our server was expert in every sense of the word. She gave us great wine parings with our meal. Very polished but not at all snobby. Pleasant experience all round.Special Features: